Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:04:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I wish to create a currency  (Read 2128 times)
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:19:38 AM

Here are hte 3 challenges to bitcoin as I see them:
1.Too complex/unfriendly for the average user
2.Hostile forum environment puts off prospective users/creators who would otherwise use BTC without any fuss
3.No stability of its value
Why do you say people make fun of you, when they ridicule your inexistent incompetent and unneeded contributions to the progress of humanity? Let me explain your mistakes:
1. Bitcoin is complex. This cannot be changed. It is good it is complex. The average user is an idiot. The unfriendlyness comes from the software framework which can be improved to include accessibility. However with higher accessibility, you either reduce security or increase costs. Maybe you find the holy grail of friendly financial apps. Why not make them for bitcoin? If you are that good by years of usability and user behaviour research, it doesn't matter for what currency it is for.

2. Forums are not part of the currency. American Dolars, Chinese Yen, and Bitcoins do not have an associated forum that puts off prospective users. This is a bitcoin users comunity forum. If you want a better forum, make one, it doesn't matter what currency it is for.

3. No stability of it's value. Unless your currency consists of slaves, and the human population remains exactly constant, then you might achieve value stability. Until then, if the intrisec value of bitcoin remains fixed, remember that the other currencies will change value, the exchange rate will fluctuate. Or maybe you are some kind of communist, and want to dictate a fixed exchange price. If you are, you can do it for bitcoin too, it doesn't matter what currency it is for.

Basically you don't want to create a currency, and you started on the wrong foot with the process. You want to create a better currency experience. We all do. That's why we are here. To tell your ideas suck.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 07:58:51 AM

Here are hte 3 challenges to bitcoin as I see them:
1.Too complex/unfriendly for the average user
2.Hostile forum environment puts off prospective users/creators who would otherwise use BTC without any fuss
3.No stability of its value

You can't fix these problems but they are being fixed.

1. The core bitcoin developers will fix this in time.
2. You think it's hostile here because you have silly ideas about how you think people should treat you. If you want respect you have to earn it.
3. This can only be fixed by getting greater using of bitcoin. That way it will level out like every other currency.

Claiming to be a 'visionary' doesn't count for anything, a 'visionary' has to have a 'vision', you don't.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 08:50:24 AM

7.Difficulty should start off at zero and stay there for a month before changing so that every1 can win.(A more skilled person can help with the design of this.I'm just a visionary)
FUCK, YOU ARE GENIUS!!!11

I thought you might like that.I mainly plan this as I feel that a viable currency needs an element of stability so by basing the difficulty in the manner described above.Easier for miners,easier for me (as visionary) because not many people can know of a currency overnight and by the time they catch on,it's too late for them already.I think that since people see mining as a a profit machine,why not be more profit friendly while at the same time,give the network other potential uses so that while we're busy mining this new currency,anyone with know how can tap into all that power to help them with whatever they need (research or simply profit from multiple networks at the same time as mining on this one) Even though I may not be good with programming I can at least create an idea that can be useful to people (and not just in films)

Like you,I do wish to profit but not at anyone's expense like that Ixcoin guy.(by premining coins for him self,making a cheap knockoff of bitcoin then passing off as a currency that serves to only benefit him)

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 09:33:38 AM

7.Difficulty should start off at zero and stay there for a month before changing so that every1 can win.(A more skilled person can help with the design of this.I'm just a visionary)
FUCK, YOU ARE GENIUS!!!11
I thought you might like that.

I'm guessing English isn't your native language. SAPer was being sarcastic, it was a joke. What he really meant was that it's a very bad idea.

I'm a visionary too. I have a vision of you getting nowhere with this and giving up after being mocked by everyone you talk to about it. You don't have a plan, a clue, any ideas, any knowledge of economics or programming, any practical knowledge, you just want someone else to make you a get rich quick scheme. You didn't even know when SAPer was taking the piss out of you. I created NullCoin with zero lines of code and a 'vision', The source is at /dev/zero if you want it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: