Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:23:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust offset  (Read 664 times)
gmaxwell (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 12:45:33 PM

It would be nice if the trust list let you specify an offset for each person so they will be treated as deeper or shallower.

You can get the deeper effect currently just by finding someone who trusts the person in question and trusting them, but thats a bit fragile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:48:08 PM

That incident is really playing heavy on your soul I see. Don't let it get you. Smiley

gmaxwell (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 12:57:00 PM

That incident is really playing heavy on your soul I see. Don't let it get you. Smiley
Hah. Well I redid my trust list and trusted Theymos directly, moving him one level up... only to see the dreaded Warning appear by my name again... which is what brought it to my attention, but it seemed like it would be a useful thing to have.
Lucky Cris

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:00:15 PM

Hah. Well I redid my trust list and trusted Theymos directly, moving him one level up... only to see the dreaded Warning appear by my name again... which is what brought it to my attention, but it seemed like it would be a useful thing to have.

Ah! Makes sense.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:08:42 PM

I'm curious how this works, now. What are the first two numbers actually referencing? gmaxwell is +205 and still red to me.
Lucky Cris

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:38:19 PM

I'm curious how this works, now. What are the first two numbers actually referencing? gmaxwell is +205 and still red to me.

Interesting... He's not to me. But then I have no trust ratings myself to interfere with the calculation. I read somewhere on here how it works, but because there's no need for me to have trust on this forum, brain dump. Maybe you're trusting someone who distrusts him? And you may not be trusting that person directly, could be another level down. Someone you trust trusts someone who distrust him. Idk really, just guessing.

gmaxwell (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 01:15:12 AM

If you bring up the trust settings you'll see at the bottom the list of people who's ratings you're picking up. Nested under each person is the transitive ratings.

If you just trust the default trust group at the default trust depth I won't be red, because the only person distrusting me (Goat) is 3 levels down from there (the group counts as a level). If, instead or addition, you trust (say) Theymos directly then Goat will be two levels down (via DeaDTerra) and his ratings will be included.  If instead of trusting Theymos you trust Maged then Theymos and his parties will be included transitively, but Goat will— again— be three levels down and won't be included and I won't be red.

Make sense?

All the trust flows along the configured trusts lists, it's orthogonal to the ratings. But there is no way to filter beyond the global depth. So you can't say "I trust Theymos' ratings, but not DeaDTerra's ratings", or Theymos couldn't say "I trust DeaDTerra's ratings, except for the Goat one".

I assume adding filtering would be pretty complicated, so I was just suggesting being able to artificially adjust the effective depth, so I could include Theymos but depth -1 him so that it would stop at DeaDTerra and I wouldn't get the irritating warning on my own screen.  I could accomplish this purely artificially by creating a "Theymos shim" account, having it trust theymos, and then I trust it. Tongue

If ever there was filtering it could potentially do arbitrarily complicated things like only trust someone 4 levels deep if they were reachable by N mutually exclusive paths (e.g. find a path to that person, eliminate all the people along it, and see if they're still reachable).
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:28:59 PM

There is an easy to implement offset to the trust system. Make up your own mind about someone and stop relying on the opinion of others to determine the character of people you know nothing about because, chances are, you really know nothing about the other people either.

The whole trust system has always seemed to me like a high school solution to a popularity contest. I like Bobby because Frank likes Bobby and my sister dated Ted (Frank's best friend) and Ted's sister says Frank is really cool. What a cluster fuck of bullshit. lol

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:29:35 PM

Didn't want to start a new thread, as this one seemed related, but is it safe to assume that if I have my Trust Depth set to 1, and someone has DefaultTrust in their list, I also then get the entire DefaultTrust list even though I removed it for myself ?

If this is indeed the case, could we get it changed so that DefaultTrust is never inherited via another user ?
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:59:17 PM

Yes that would be nice specially as you don't know/want some of the people in someone trust. But IMO it should just be a one layer system as a whole.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:16:06 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 04:26:20 PM by escrow.ms

Well Simply there should be a Ignore list or blacklist, where you can put all the user's name whom you want to ignore from trust system.

It can work same as trust system. For example: If I will add goat in my blacklist, me and all the users who trust me should not be able to see his given ratings on profile page ( I mean that red warning).

Instead of that red warning it should show his negative rating in orange color.

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:56:57 PM

A feedback system doesn't need to be this complicated. It only needs radio buttons for positive, neutral, or no rating, then a textarea.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/?mod=346
Trader system was best, but i think theymos didn't wanted to install any kind of plugin etc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: