Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:47:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEWS] [Update 4 - 9th August] Bitcoin ETF Versus SEC - Who'll win this time  (Read 268 times)
alanfox

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:57:34 PM

The more they delay the sanction, the more hype will be created. Many new investors are likely to get interested during the delayed time. Recent public opinion has shown the SEC a 97% positive response which might have forced them to think and come to a decision which will be profitable for all the parties involved. So,  Undecided the delay is affecting the market in a positive way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mohammedmattar

Activity: 448
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 10:34:14 PM

Everyone is waiting for this decision on September
But what I understand from this position
The market is not yet mature
So that it affects one decision
We are still at first
Wallflower28

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:39:18 PM

This is the biggest reason for a rise this year, we can have a new price level in the case of approval, FOMO has already begun, and if approved, should exceed 10k and have strong support in this area.
I think what will happen in the SEC decision will compromise the price of bitcoin. If they against with ETF then it will inflict a bad result for bitcoin and vice versa. I don't know if this is the reason why does the price fall down last days but I heard some rumors that this is the cause why bitcoin price decline.

pumbum

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:05:51 PM

I don't know why, but we're not ready for ETFs yet. look at the ICO market, it almost all consists of a bench. And look at their product? Almost every one of them is a test. I'm not talking about those projects that promise to implement in the distant future. The approval of the ETF will result in the flow of money with which honest the developers will not do it, and it will take advantage of crooks
omali

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 05:03:47 PM

SEC delayed Bitcoin ETF (expected)
Previous statement is on 2nd july on which they stated we hear bitcoin ETF's within 45 days means up to 16 august.
Resulting BTC dump of $700 from $7100 to $6400 within a period of 10 Hrs.
5 commissioners are given responsibility to decide on Bitcoin ETF's in which One commissioner, Hester Peirce, dissented from that decision

The pump of bitcoin from $6100 to $8400 from 12 july to 25th july was just fomo arises in people that SEC will give positive favour to bitcoin. When multiple fud arises that ETF will not be heard on August it crashes on 26th july resulting loss of $2000 in bitcoin just in 2 weeks.
People makes in their mind that without ETF's their is no bullrun. So sooner or later we need ETF's to pull the market in right directions.
hemendrachauhan19 (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:28:32 AM

I don't know why, but we're not ready for ETFs yet. look at the ICO market, it almost all consists of a bench. And look at their product? Almost every one of them is a test. I'm not talking about those projects that promise to implement in the distant future. The approval of the ETF will result in the flow of money with which honest the developers will not do it, and it will take advantage of crooks

Exactly, US has already made some regulations regarding ICO and excluded BTC and ETH from security. The worse thing is that SEC didn't come with any reason to reject them.
Sbdip

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:36:27 AM

Don't think bitcoin is even ready for etf..  Because to be approved for etf btc has a long way to go.. Need to be regulated worldwide..  After that maybe sec will accept the ETF application..
ribowo76

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 05:10:56 AM

I just hope, hopefully this delay does not drag on. So that it can cause uncertainty in the bitcoin community. SEC should see, there are big names involved. So, it is a major consideration in making decisions
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:15:50 AM

Exactly, US has already made some regulations regarding ICO and excluded BTC and ETH from security. The worse thing is that SEC didn't come with any reason to reject them.

as far as i know bitcoin has never been considered a "security" by the US government to now want to change. it was considered a "commodity" and as for ETH they never defined it because they couldn't define a premined platform.
i also would love to see the link to where they made regulations regarding ICO because i have not seen any yet.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
hemendrachauhan19 (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:33:15 AM

as far as i know bitcoin has never been considered a "security" by the US government to now want to change. it was considered a "commodity" and as for ETH they never defined it because they couldn't define a premined platform.
i also would love to see the link to where they made regulations regarding ICO because i have not seen any yet.

I think I misunderstood that SEC has implemented regulations, it's actually SEC chief Clayton said during hearing on BTC, ETH and ICO regulation that all ICOs are Security and should be regulated. Much info is here:
https://www.coindesk.com/sec-chief-clayton-every-ico-ive-seen-security/
https://cointelegraph.com/news/sec-chairman-jay-clayton-says-bitcoin-not-a-security-most-icos-likely-are

Also in the SEC website too, they've mentioned that ICO's can be security offerings - https://www.sec.gov/ICO
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 03:27:06 PM

While we are in waiting process they postponed the decision to make the EFT a reality for us, so now we are in Long swim, while we will be swimming only down to the river stream, lol.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██