Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:14:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTC Store - Security for your bitcoins  (Read 3565 times)
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 12:46:28 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 04:02:17 PM by Technomage

BTC Store is a new online store that accepts Bitcoin. Before launching BTC Store we were running successfully for a year under Bittiraha.fi as a Finnish webstore. BTC Store is focused on Bitcoin security products.

Our product offering includes computer products such as Raspberry Pi & accessories, SSD & USB drives, memory cards & sticks, HDMI & networking cables and miscellaneous USB products. We have physical bitcoins (Casascius, Recalescense) and loaded Bitcoin & Litecoin paperwallets.

We also have Bitcoin Magazines, Bitcoin T-shirts, different Bitcoin related accessories and the almost magical fixing substance Sugru.

In addition to accepting bitcoins, we also accept euros in form of bank transfers.

New products weekly! If you have any suggestions, please tell us.

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter to stay up to date.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 12:48:35 PM

Please tell me if you have problems with translations or language detection. We've been online for weeks but we've just now started to market the site internationally. Not sure how well the language detection works.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
flug

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:01:39 PM

Great! Do you ship to the UK? Would be nice to have prices in GBP
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 02:08:34 PM

Great! Do you ship to the UK?

Yes and no. The physical bitcoins containing silver are a no go, the others are a go up to 1 680 €. We will soon add a shipping table that will show everything in detail. Shipping valuables is complicated if one wants to insure them, the rules differ country per country.

As for products other than physical bitcoins, we ship normally to all European countries including UK.

Would be nice to have prices in GBP

We will look into this at some point.

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:19:34 AM

Great looking site and idea. Just a couple of things:

1) I'm in Thailand, the language defaulted to Finnish. English would be better Smiley
2) The logo graphic top left never appeared for some reason?
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 11:58:47 AM

1) I'm in Thailand, the language defaulted to Finnish. English would be better Smiley

Yeah, I've just confirmed that the language detection doesn't work as well as it should! Smiley We'll work on it.

This problem we haven't seen yet. Try again and see if it happens again. Hard to say what is causing it.

nastybit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:02:10 PM

Can you prove that casascius coins are original? Is the live stock updated?
Also I can confirm that language detection doesn't work, I can't read suomi :-)
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 12:14:54 PM

Can you prove that casascius coins are original? Is the live stock updated?

The coins are real and the buyer can verify that after receiving the coin. Casascius publishes a list of all of them. We're possibly the largest reseller of Casascius coins out there and used to be listed at Casascius.com as Bittiraha.fi. Now it has changed to BTC Store.

Casascius coins are currently not for sale from Casascius which means our current stock is quite possibly the last. That's one reason why the prices are a bit on the high side - the scarcity of the coins is at a very high level. Hopefully we'll get green light to order more from Casascius though.

I did not quite understand what your "is the live stock updated?" question means. Our stock amounts are obviously real time stock amounts.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:29:25 PM

Yeah, I've just confirmed that the language detection doesn't work as well as it should! Smiley We'll work on it.

This problem we haven't seen yet. Try again and see if it happens again. Hard to say what is causing it.

It came up in English this time. I didn't fiddle with the language toggle so probably something you've done, or its just "random" Wink

The logo appeared fine this time. Must have been an issue my end.

Hope you do the worldwide delivery soon Smiley
Thom

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Be kind man, don't be mankind

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 12:46:38 PM

Yeah, language detction needs tuning: Site language came up in finnish for me.

(I'm in the UK on a mac set to british english using chrome)

It's short for Thomassina ⚥ • BTC veteran, Bitcointalk neophyte • BTC1THoM4cn8hHTyE637DEPMCLcerZe1mL1X • Cex.IO Cloud Mining - don't risk preorders, mine & trade now!
༺ ☤ Curecoin - Fold Proteins, Earn Coins! ☤   CURE: B8cjEuGKH3qofsxGGEVYdTwUrpfCTxQP7u ༻
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 02:19:47 PM

The default language has been changed to English. That makes more sense. It used to default to Finnish if the language detection fails.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:19:35 AM

The default language has been changed to English. That makes more sense. It used to default to Finnish if the language detection fails.

Yep that makes perfect sense.
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 10:12:16 PM

Major shipping method update! We can now ship orders of unlimited value to almost all European countries. This includes the likes of Germany, UK & Switzerland. This is possible thanks to UPS.

When we've done final optimizations for our shipping within Europe we will start working on worldwide shipping! That will include the likes of US, Canada, Australia etc. This will happen in the coming months.

Lots of exciting stuff happening on the product side as well, for now I have just 1 new product for you - Bitcoin Soap!

As always, you can visit us at https://btcstore.eu. Spend them coins!

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:22:34 AM

Major shipping method update! We can now ship orders of unlimited value to almost all European countries. This includes the likes of Germany, UK & Switzerland. This is possible thanks to UPS.

When we've done final optimizations for our shipping within Europe we will start working on worldwide shipping! That will include the likes of US, Canada, Australia etc. This will happen in the coming months.

Lots of exciting stuff happening on the product side as well, for now I have just 1 new product for you - Bitcoin Soap!

As always, you can visit us at https://btcstore.eu. Spend them coins!

What's wrong with doing worldwide shipping now?

As an aside, no need to list countries in "worldwide", we know which countries exist in the world  Grin
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 08:06:11 PM

Nothing. Just takes time to make good deals with couriers and calculate shipping costs and set everything up at the store. But we will likely be adding US, Canada, Australia and some other countries pretty soon actually. Within a few weeks.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:35:39 AM

Nothing. Just takes time to make good deals with couriers and calculate shipping costs and set everything up at the store. But we will likely be adding US, Canada, Australia and some other countries pretty soon actually. Within a few weeks.

Most courier services work "worldwide" - you just do one deal with them, not a separate deal for every country on the globe ..... maybe it doesn't work like that in Finland Smiley
quickandeasy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

EasyXchange.net - Exchanges made easy!

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 03:58:53 AM

Looks great! Good luck with your project.

quickandeasy

www.EasyXchange.net - Exchange Perfect Money/Paysafecard/Ukash/EgoPay/OKPay/PayWeb to BTC/LTC
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 10:30:24 AM

Most courier services work "worldwide" - you just do one deal with them, not a separate deal for every country on the globe ..... maybe it doesn't work like that in Finland Smiley

No, it does. We now have deals with Fedex and UPS, we're working on adding them to our store country at a time. It's a lot of manual work, believe me. Today we added UPS for Sweden which means unlimited value postage is possible there now.

If we had someone doing that 24/7 it would be faster, but the same guy is handling the postage and logistics physically speaking, so the development side is done in extra time. Obviously if the store becomes more successful, we'll hire more employees.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:19:51 AM

No, it does. We now have deals with Fedex and UPS, we're working on adding them to our store country at a time. It's a lot of manual work, believe me. Today we added UPS for Sweden which means unlimited value postage is possible there now.

If we had someone doing that 24/7 it would be faster, but the same guy is handling the postage and logistics physically speaking, so the development side is done in extra time. Obviously if the store becomes more successful, we'll hire more employees.

OK fair enough, I understand every "system" is more complex than it appears on the surface. Keep adding those countries Smiley
kiogle

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:38:14 PM

Awesome shop! I have added it to our crawl list and our spider will visit it later today. Expect targeted quality traffic from us later today once your products are indexed in our product search engine (shopping tab).

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:32:41 PM

Awesome shop! I have added it to our crawl list and our spider will visit it later today. Expect targeted quality traffic from us later today once your products are indexed in our product search engine (shopping tab).

Be nice to hear from a customer saying they had bought and received something ... sorry to say stuff like this but "new bitcoin-base stores" seem to be > 50% scams ... have you got any satisfied customers that could post?
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 05:44:06 PM

Be nice to hear from a customer saying they had bought and received something ... sorry to say stuff like this but "new bitcoin-base stores" seem to be > 50% scams ... have you got any satisfied customers that could post?

We've been running successfully since 2012 under Bittiraha.fi (the largest Bitcoin site in Finland). Over 2 000 orders processed so far. Same site essentially just a rebranding to international market. Casascius has personally said to me in a conference that we're one of the largest, if not the largest, Casascius reseller.

Our target market has been the Finnish community at Bittiraha.fi and it's still very relevant due to cheaper/faster postage. We've had only 10-20 international orders so far (of the 2 000+ total). Keeping this in mind it's unlikely that too many at Bitcointalk have ordered from us yet.

We're hoping for a lot more international orders especially as we continue to improve postage options. That will also mean more reviews from international customers.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 02:05:39 PM

Recommend checking out our new products. We have new T-shirts and a good selection of Bitcoin paper wallets which have become a very popular product. Loaded Litecoin and Dogecoin paper wallets coming soon as well.

A very large selection of stickers coming to the store very soon and Bitcoin eco shopping bags etc etc.

Check it all out at https://btcstore.eu

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 06:33:55 PM

BTC Store presents: The Bitmobile

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=655346901213394&set=a.582121468535938.1073741828.579284785486273&type=1

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/22xtld/btc_store_presents_the_bitmobile/

On the product side we now have loaded Litecoin paperwallets.

https://btcstore.eu/Litecoin-paperwallets

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 01:33:32 PM

monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:35:03 PM

I have seen on this thread a few people asking for feedback for the guys in Finland for inernational deliveries.

I bought a stack of Series 1 Casascius coins from them about 18 months ago, when they were still bittiraha, and I am in the UK.

Great service, good coins. I couldnt fault them. I wouldnt hesitate to use them again.
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 06:32:28 PM

I have seen on this thread a few people asking for feedback for the guys in Finland for inernational deliveries.

I bought a stack of Series 1 Casascius coins from them about 18 months ago, when they were still bittiraha, and I am in the UK.

Great service, good coins. I couldnt fault them. I wouldnt hesitate to use them again.

Nice to hear everything went okay. We do our very best.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 06:33:09 PM

We have a pretty nice new product in our store. Now you can buy a Bitcoin Flag which can be easily attached to flagpoles. Other uses possible as well.

https://btcstore.eu/bitcoin-flag-225-x-150cm

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 06:17:29 PM

Small UI update. We now show the mBTC price in the previews as well. PGP encryption option added to the password delivery of our BIP38 loaded paperwallets. Multisignature paperwallets are coming soon.

https://btcstore.eu

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 03:49:59 PM

For those moments when the price is not going to the moon.

https://btcstore.eu/bitcoin-moon-ball?language=en

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 04:33:02 PM

We are officially sponsoring Bitcoin 2014! Meet us at our booth in 2 weeks & check out the Bitmobile.

http://bitcoin2014.com

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 07:19:50 AM

We produced a video summary and multiple interviews from Bitcoin 2014 and now they are live.

Summary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDLxB5a1mTE

Interview playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF9ywO4v01KqqXs_SrgOJCj22n-Qj_7nG

Enjoy.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 04:04:39 PM

It's Bitcoin Black Friday! BTC Store is participating. All products -5% with discount code BTCFRI.

We have a new product as well, it's called the Ledger Wallet. Possibly the best Bitcoin security wallet in existence.

Also, we offer Christmas gift wrapping for no extra cost!

https://btcstore.eu

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 09:13:04 PM

Casascius & Recalescence coins DISCOUNT SALE is on! 10% discount for all coins in our stock.

https://btcstore.eu/Physical-Bitcoins?language=en

These physical bitcoins are extremely rare collector items. This is an opportunity to get one cheap.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 02:09:50 PM

Discount has been increased to 15%. Now buying these coins and selling them on eBay is almost like printing money. Smiley

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 08:31:30 PM

There are still some coins left! Grab yours while you can.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: