Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:58:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: $TRADE analysis - help?  (Read 109 times)
DoItForTheShill (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:14:10 AM

I came across trade token - $TRADE. It has really low volume on fork delta https://forkdelta.github.io/#!/trade/0xf532e78a0e4bc3a34dcaac053eb230b56fcd51eb-ETH

I thought it was a dead coin, but the white paper is interesting - Tokenizing The Art World. From what I can understand, they basically sell fractional shares in art. My uncle is a CPA and says that rich people use art for a write off on their taxes so the value almost always goes up.

According to their website (http://mytradetoken.com/) they sold 33 million tokens - all of which are backed with paintings. They look to trade every few days.

This seems super cheap. What am I missing here?
xcbjsuw

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:24:29 AM

The token is not yet officially listed in Forkdelta. So it may take time for the trade token volume to rise slowly.
If you think the tokens are good, maybe now is the right time to buy them.
just an opinion.
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:50:37 AM

So very few people buy Art today and it is usually only for the rich and famous. Come to think of it, why would those high profile people waste their time learning about little insignificant coins like that? They would simply tell their staff to buy the painting at whatever amount.

The idea of TRADE has so many holes and is very unlikely to work in the real world.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Flangler

Activity: 963
Merit: 57

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:15:29 AM

The only option what is coming to my mind is that their arts are priceless, or they obtained it for free. They would not risk a real arts for pennies.
DoItForTheShill (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:14:23 PM

So very few people buy Art today and it is usually only for the rich and famous. Come to think of it, why would those high profile people waste their time learning about little insignificant coins like that? They would simply tell their staff to buy the painting at whatever amount.

The idea of TRADE has so many holes and is very unlikely to work in the real world.

Agreed on rich people learning about coins.  My understanding is that the company (TradingToken) physically holds the art (painting, statue, etc.).   Example if a painting is worth 1 million dollars, then it's 100 trade tokens.   If the art appreciates to $2mm, then that's 100 trade tokens worth twice as much. The appreciated token value is then used to acquire more physical art (another paiting worth $1 million).  It works because art is a tax write off for the rich and famous - so that's why art almost always goes up in price.
nonycinta

Activity: 165

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:59:54 PM

Truly art is an industry is worth billions, and would be a good investment. The issue might be if the said token will easily be adopted in the industry.
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:15:07 AM

I came across trade token - $TRADE. It has really low volume on fork delta https://forkdelta.github.io/#!/trade/0xf532e78a0e4bc3a34dcaac053eb230b56fcd51eb-ETH

I thought it was a dead coin, but the white paper is interesting - Tokenizing The Art World. From what I can understand, they basically sell fractional shares in art. My uncle is a CPA and says that rich people use art for a write off on their taxes so the value almost always goes up.

According to their website (http://mytradetoken.com/) they sold 33 million tokens - all of which are backed with paintings. They look to trade every few days.

This seems super cheap. What am I missing here?
idea is interesting, but whether project is profitable is question. The real collectors might not be interested in buying artwork via internet .
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 08:45:08 AM

Whitepaper might be interesting but it is basically nothing unless you build something because everyone who know to write can write such whitepapers by copying from others etc. You should rather look at team.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: