Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:10:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276291 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:48:03 PM

i am selling xcp in bulks.

fixed at poloni rate so don't make lower offers.

only through reputable escrow / you send first.

will deal in small quantities for starters but aim for higher than 1000 xcp.

pm me

wrong thread. & I don't think you'd find a lot of people too quick to send first to account registered 30 minutes ago. escrow goes without saying.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kongotown

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:48:28 PM

pm me

wrong thread. & I don't think you'd find a lot of people too quick to send first to account registered 30 minutes ago. escrow goes without saying.

i did not expect anyone to send first, especially not for large quantities i am talking about. no one is that stupid. i don't want to waste anybodies time with poor scams. i really want to trade large quantities of xcp (don't really want to sell before gui and web wallet - bills are coming) but poloni is too slow for me and i am sure others here feel the same way.
do you know of a better thread for this?
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:54:27 PM

pm me

i did not expect anyone to send first, especially not for large quantities i am talking about. no one is that stupid. i don't want to waste anybodies time with poor scams. i really want to trade large quantities of xcp (don't really want to sell before gui and web wallet - bills are coming) but poloni is too slow for me and i am sure others here feel the same way.

Here is more appropriate section to make buy or sell offers.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=445740.340

If you cannot find a buyer. I will buy. however, I'd offer you a lower price than on exchange for the convenience of a quick bulk sale. Of course entirely up to you what you do.

kongotown

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:10:09 PM

pm me

Here is more appropriate section to make buy or sell offers.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=445740.340

If you cannot find a buyer. I will buy. however, I'd offer you a lower price than on exchange for the convenience of a quick bulk sale. Of course entirely up to you what you do.

thank you very much.
i don't want to flood this thread so anonlol and anyone else interested pm me with offers
520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:14:06 PM

Counterparty Team,

As I promote the XCP to some people, lots of doubt sound come again like the beginning of burning BTC for XCP. How to prove that the Counterparty team will never issue more XCPs in the future? If you can explain as easily as to the general people, it could be better, because most us do not know the code. Thanks.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:43:55 PM

So correct me if I'm wrong, but Mastercoin essentially released a whitepaper, held an IPO, issued coins, blew up thousands of times in value, and all without actually having any of the features they promised? Then they issued part of the invested BTC for somebody to actually build the thing?

So:
1) Write a whitepaper
2) Ask for donations
3) Quick and dirty client to issue coins
4) Watch coins soar 200X in value (relative to dollars)
5) Profit
6) Offer 1/5 of the BTC raised in the IPO for somebody to actually create a working protocol
7) Call yourself innovators when you haven't even done anything yet

Am I missing something? I'm seriously asking, not trolling.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:54:19 PM

So correct me if I'm wrong, but Mastercoin essentially released a whitepaper, held an IPO, issued coins, blew up thousands of times in value, and all without actually having any of the features they promised? Then they issued part of the invested BTC for somebody to actually build the thing?

So:
1) Write a whitepaper
2) Ask for donations
5) Profit
6) Offer 1/5 of the BTC raised in the IPO for somebody to actually create a working protocol

Wrong thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.msg5218830;topicseen#new
qtgwith

Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:56:40 PM

Counterparty Team,

As I promote the XCP to some people, lots of doubt sound come again like the beginning of burning BTC for XCP. How to prove that the Counterparty team will never issue more XCPs in the future? If you can explain as easily as to the general people, it could be better, because most us do not know the code. Thanks.

The code is open-source. No possible for more XCPs! Actually the XCPs is slightly deflationary.

You can see the Counterparty Announcement on the first post:

Description

Counterparty is a protocol for the creation and use of decentralised financial instruments using Bitcoin as a transport layer. The protocol's native currency, XCP, is un-mined and slightly deflationary, with 2.6 million XCP created by burning bitcoins in January.
lonsharim

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:04:17 PM

So:
1) Write a whitepaper
2) Ask for donations
5) Profit

LOL Yes in a nutshell that's what has happened.

I think the specifications documentation went through 3 or 4 serious versions starting from Jan 2012, to November 2013. It's unclear if any software development happened in between that period. I read JRW needed enough BTC to convince his folks that Mastercoin was worth the number of hours he was putting in it everyday and it is only recently that he quit his job to work full time on mastercoin

I think one of the reasons it remained in the pipeline until the mid to late 2013 was its specifications. Metacoins was groundbreaking idea in 2011-12 and they had not yet formulated the best way forward, to the point of even thinking of bloating the blockchain with fake addresses as a means to implement their protocol. It took them a while to figure out the best way forward. Perhaps PP and xnova learnt from the early mistakes of others, who knows, I am just speculating.

XCP by comparision is far more leaner protocol. It doesn't have the bells and whistles but its a mean beast alright. I am fairly new to crypto (Dec 2013) and its more fortune than decision making that landed me here but I am glad its XCP I have thrown my lot with and not the others. For the record, I burnt 0.72 BTC basically everything I mined between Dec and Jan.
520Bit

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:15:58 PM

Counterparty Team,

The code is open-source. No possible for more XCPs! Actually the XCPs is slightly deflationary.

Description

Counterparty is a protocol for the creation and use of decentralised financial instruments using Bitcoin as a transport layer. The protocol's native currency, XCP, is un-mined and slightly deflationary, with 2.6 million XCP created by burning bitcoins in January.

We need a general evidence to explain to a non-tech guy. Most of people do not have the knowledge to review the code, right?
michald

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:23:33 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 04:58:14 PM by michald

hi everyone,

while working on the rpc calls i encountered an error message: 'A specified filter is missing the 'field' field'

http://gyazo.com/892160fb9168ef2d507ec8624a091b44

i started expirementing with the parmeters encoding and when i sent as parameter:

string '{"method":"get_balances","params":{"filters":{"field":"address","op":"==","value":"15cdAQmmBrz1BEVtipaQ1dVHtTwmfcxzw5"}},"id":1}' (length=128)

counterpartyd stopped working:
http://gyazo.com/8e76f93cb081c6403690aa28268b8e3d

text version:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/root/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py", line 694                                                                                                                                                             , in <module>
    blocks.follow(db)
  File "/root/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/blocks.py", line 678, i                                                                                                                                                             n follow
    parse_block(db, block_index, block_time)
  File "/root/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/blocks.py", line 78, in                                                                                                                                                              parse_block
    parse_tx(db, tx)
  File "/root/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/blocks.py", line 35, in                                                                                                                                                              parse_tx
    order.parse(db, tx, message)
  File "/root/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/order.py", line 107, in                                                                                                                                                              parse
    match(db, tx)
  File "/root/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/order.py", line 160, in                                                                                                                                                              match
    fee = int(D(tx1['fee_required']) * D(forward_amount) / D(tx0_give_remaining)                                                                                                                                                             )
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'tx0_give_remaining' referenced before assignm                                                                                                                                                             ent

why did that happen?
how should i have encoded the call (php example would be great)?
to keep working i am now rebuiliding the database, is there a better way to deal with it if it happens again?
520Bit

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:25:16 PM

The same error, the server command does not work now:

Code:
c:\counterpartyd_build>counterpartyd server

c:\counterpartyd_build>echo off
Block: 286524

File "c:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\counterpartyd.py", line 694, in <module>
    blocks.follow(db)
  File "c:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py", line 678, in follow
  File "c:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py", line 78, in parse_block
    parse_tx(db, tx)
  File "c:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py", line 35, in parse_tx
  File "c:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\order.py", line 107, in parse
    match(db, tx)
  File "c:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\order.py", line 160, in match
    fee = int(D(tx1['fee_required']) * D(forward_amount) / D(tx0_give_remaining))
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'tx0_give_remaining' referenced before assignment

Does it mean that v5.1 will come out later?
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:08:22 PM

Counterparty Team,

Description

We need a general evidence to explain to a non-tech guy. Most of people do not have the knowledge to review the code, right?

Simple. Anyone can fork bitcoin and create a version that doesn't decrement the rewards, instead keeping it at 50 BTC per block. The problem is that no one would accept it, and it'll basically be an altcoin after a hard fork.

Same as counterparty; the code is out there, anyone can make the appropriate changes, but it won't be accepted by the network. Again, hard fork. If you edited the client to generate "post-burn" coins and attempted to do anything with then (sell them, send them to some one else), that tx would simply be rejected because it doesn't refer to a valid output that they have.

The beauty of cryptocurrencies is that no one needs to be there to "enforce" what is the correct version to use. Even if the developers make a change, if the rest of the community doesn't agree, they might as well have done nothing.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:16:01 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 04:30:49 PM by jimhsu

Code:

File "c:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\counterpartyd.py", line 694, in <module>
    blocks.follow(db)
  File "c:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py", line 678, in follow
  File "c:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py", line 78, in parse_block
    parse_tx(db, tx)
  File "c:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py", line 35, in parse_tx
  File "c:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\order.py", line 107, in parse
    match(db, tx)
  File "c:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\order.py", line 160, in match
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'tx0_give_remaining' referenced before assignment

Yes network appears down at the moment.

Bug fixed, do a git pull.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:27:47 PM

I confirm the bug at block 286524

Please panic sell on poloniex, so I can buy cheaply Cheesy

What bug? We're already at block 286539  Cheesy

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:36:58 PM

Code:

blocks.follow(db)
    parse_tx(db, tx)
    match(db, tx)

Yes network appears down at the moment.

Bug fixed, do a git pull.

Yep. We're at v5.2 now.
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:08:42 PM

FYI - XCP was added to cryptocoincharts!
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/#jump-xcp-btc
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:48:32 PM

5.1 develop branch was ok.

I downloaded https://github.com/PhantomPhreak/counterpartyd/archive/v5.2.tar.gz

now getting an error message:

"Please upgrade counterpartyd to the latest version."

what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: never mind, I just cloned the latest develop branch through git, that fixed it.
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:56:03 PM

5.1 develop branch was ok.

I downloaded https://github.com/PhantomPhreak/counterpartyd/archive/v5.2.tar.gz

now getting an error message:

"Please upgrade counterpartyd to the latest version."

what am I doing wrong?

You weren't doing anything wrong... I mis-tagged v5.2. Try it again now.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:58:51 PM

Try it again now.

Yeah, that works now, thanx.

About those troll buy orders that some of the sell orders got stuck in.
You said after block 286500 the system will only wait for 10 blocks to send btcpay and then release XCPs?
I guess this will work for all new orders only, right? Those that got stuck in the troll orders have to wait for full order expiry?
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: