Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:58:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276266 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
akann46

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:35:12 PM

Newbie here.  So is proof-of-burn still how people are buying these?  Or should I buy through Poloniex? Wink

Burn period was over 45 days ago. You shall buy through BTER/Poloniex.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
halfcab123

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:36:12 PM

Newbie here.  So is proof-of-burn still how people are buying these?  Or should I buy through Poloniex? Wink

The burn was IPO buy-in. All 2.6 million xcp have been redeemed for burnt bitcoin, you now need to buy either the built in dex or poloniex.com or bter.com

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
halfcab123

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:39:08 PM

The burn was @ 0.00075 to 0.001 btc / xcp... so we've already seen roughly 1,000%+ ROI post - burn ... things are looking only to go sky high from here. This is NOT a clone coin but original code by incredible developers that serve to add real value to the space of crypto, in the form of advanced financial instruments.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:03:40 PM

We reached out to one of the guys and he wanted a bitcoin for it. As activity picks up on the subreddit we control, I don't think it will matter much.

This is like a we can't make a working DEX but we can steal ur subreddits kind of thing? rather pathetic.
CounterNewb

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:10:55 PM

Got it, thanks everyone!
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:18:51 PM

Counterwallet tutorial posted (with instructions on how to get testnet XCP).

https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,184.0.html

Will be updated with link when site is public.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
akann46

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:23:17 PM

That's fantastic.

Why not post a separate announcement thread to attract new members to the community?
halfcab123

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:25:24 PM

That's fantastic.

Why not post a separate announcement thread to attract new members to the community?

I would like to be involved! I can make instructional videos! And maintain a counterparty youtube channel! Can I get the devs blessings on that venture ?

jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:29:16 PM

That's fantastic.

I was under the impression that would happen with the official release (again, few days, as we get everyone involved on the same page). There will also be an update of the first post here.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:33:20 PM

great idea sparta,
why not get a few videos made?

a. use case
b. concept and functionality

We are going to need a few things for this marketing video/videos

1. funds  and someone trustworthy to hold them.   ( Can a dev please volunteer for holding the funds)

2. a proffesional at video marketing - we need to start researching for  excellent video marketers/makers, or if anyone has a good lead we wil contact them. Once we find someone, we should ask if they accept bitcoin and/or XCP.If not we can always convert btc on an exchange.
 We essentially want this video  going viral, it has to somehow capture counterparty in a simplistic and dynamic way( look how succesful the DOGE video was) ours needs to be better without losing the intelligence of the protocol

3. Someone with a great understanding of counter party who has the time to work with the video marketer

If XCP is marketed properly - theirs is no reason we shouldn't be at 0.12 btc/xcp like MSC

Hi guys

Okay, so after a bit of discussion between Bitwhizz and myself, we are thinking it would be a good idea to try to organise this in order to help raise awareness of the counterparty protocol. Bitwhizz has offered to handle the funds, having built up a solid reputation over the last year or so. We co-own a start up venture distributing mining hardware: cryptoware.co.uk - so feel free to check that we're legit. If we can find someone to create the video, and figure out how much we need to raise, then would people be interested in chipping in towards creating a marketing video for counterparty?

If we get a positive response here we will start contacting people this week and trying to put this together.
halfcab123

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:41:15 PM

great idea sparta,

a. use case

1. funds  and someone trustworthy to hold them.   ( Can a dev please volunteer for holding the funds)

2. a proffesional at video marketing - we need to start researching for  excellent video marketers/makers, or if anyone has a good lead we wil contact them. Once we find someone, we should ask if they accept bitcoin and/or XCP.If not we can always convert btc on an exchange.
 We essentially want this video  going viral, it has to somehow capture counterparty in a simplistic and dynamic way( look how succesful the DOGE video was) ours needs to be better without losing the intelligence of the protocol

3. Someone with a great understanding of counter party who has the time to work with the video marketer

If XCP is marketed properly - theirs is no reason we shouldn't be at 0.12 btc/xcp like MSC

Hi guys

Okay, so after a bit of discussion between Bitwhizz and myself, we are thinking it would be a good idea to try to organise this in order to help raise awareness of the counterparty protocol. Bitwhizz has offered to handle the funds, having built up a solid reputation over the last year or so. We co-own a start up venture distributing mining hardware: cryptoware.co.uk - so feel free to check that we're legit. If we can find someone to create the video, and figure out how much we need to raise, then would people be interested in chipping in towards creating a marketing video for counterparty?

If we get a positive response here we will start contacting people this week and trying to put this together.

Just fyi I have a sizeable portfolio in cinematography and I have been planning on doing this for some time.

Tirapon

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:43:23 PM

great idea sparta,

a. use case

Hi guys

Just fyi I have a sizeable portfolio in cinematography and I have been planning on doing this for some time.

Links to some of your work?
halfcab123

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:50:52 PM

This is filmed and edited by Jon grant who is my business partner. We run a decent sized hedge fund in crypto. http://youtu.be/9AxWIzoic6g

I am the one interviewed in the video and there is also another video here of his trip to Panama Panama 2012: http://youtu.be/qaAWM25U6Hs

Here are some other great ones
United Clothing Company Photoshoot: http://youtu.be/MgDqvHzgr18

Dana Leigh Smith: http://youtu.be/s1N4NjrMAEc

Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 11:59:28 PM

This is filmed and edited by Jon grant who is my business partner. We run a decent sized hedge fund in crypto. http://youtu.be/9AxWIzoic6g

I am the one interviewed in the video and there is also another video here of his trip to Panama Panama 2012: http://youtu.be/qaAWM25U6Hs

Really nice stuff. Impressive.

halfcab123

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:00:06 AM

I ran a YouTube channel with many subscribers 2200+ for a couple years yt/halfcab123 you can check there for a couple hundred videos I made but many of those were very low budget I'm only recently gotten high quality equipment.

Tirapon

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:04:06 AM

Nice work.

So what exactly did you have in mind with regards to a video for counterparty?
ginko-B

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:10:25 AM

[Marketing]

Regarding the content of the marketing initiative, I suggest a use case.
Instead of talking in detail about what Counterparty is, or describing somewhat abstractly the kinds of things Counterparty can do, talk specifically about the things that someone is already using Counterparty for. In this vein, we could talk about the new project from Bitcoin Tangible Trust.

Any use case type of explanation for Counterparty's virtues must describe how Counterparty is doing one or more things for the entrepreneur (in my example, BTT):
How does CP solve a problem that BTT had (or that companies like it have)?
How does CP allow BTT to reach more customers/improve customer experience?
How does CP allow BTT to speed up time to market/development time/etc?
Why is CP the best choice for companies like BTT?

In short, instead of talking so much about what CP is (like many informational videos do), talk about what it does for those who might be interested in using it. People will respond to something that solves some problem for them, or allows them to do something interesting and new. And investors will respond to CP when they see how CP can become a genuine partner with lots of entrepreneurs and adventurous thinkers out there.  

This is a smart idea, Sparta_cuss.

If we could showcase one asset-backed company, say, BTT, one betting game, say, ?, and one derivatives concept, say, ?.

And then make the point that Counterparty is an incredibly important open source project, with a potential for 100s of companies to be riding on top of it in a few years.

Then this would make for a very compelling story line!

halfcab123

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:10:53 AM

Nice work.

So what exactly did you have in mind with regards to a video for counterparty?

We've got a Canon 5d mkII tripods lights backdrop etc, I planned on a powerful interview. I'm well spoken and I have the gift of conveying complex ideas to a non savvy audience. I planned on combining that with shots of the Web wallet and desktop wallet and delving into complex topics which explain the depth of the vision of what counterparty makes poasible.

I do ask that I can consult with an expert over the phone to gather some more information about some of the more complicated features.

halfcab123

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:15:00 AM

[Marketing]

Regarding the content of the marketing initiative, I suggest a use case.
Instead of talking in detail about what Counterparty is, or describing somewhat abstractly the kinds of things Counterparty can do, talk specifically about the things that someone is already using Counterparty for. In this vein, we could talk about the new project from Bitcoin Tangible Trust.

Any use case type of explanation for Counterparty's virtues must describe how Counterparty is doing one or more things for the entrepreneur (in my example, BTT):
How does CP solve a problem that BTT had (or that companies like it have)?
How does CP allow BTT to reach more customers/improve customer experience?
How does CP allow BTT to speed up time to market/development time/etc?
Why is CP the best choice for companies like BTT?

In short, instead of talking so much about what CP is (like many informational videos do), talk about what it does for those who might be interested in using it. People will respond to something that solves some problem for them, or allows them to do something interesting and new. And investors will respond to CP when they see how CP can become a genuine partner with lots of entrepreneurs and adventurous thinkers out there.  

This is a smart idea, Sparta_cuss.

If we could showcase one asset-backed company, say, BTT, one betting game, say, ?, and one derivatives concept, say, ?.

And then make the point that Counterparty is an incredibly important open source project, with a potential for 100s of companies to be riding on top of it in a few years.

Then this would make for a very compelling story line!

I agree with this absolutely. I do think that also giving a poignant talk though also conveys the vision and gives the spirit of the initiative which is important in effectively establishing a presence, "Hey here we are this is what we do." And the compounding the use cases on top of that vision.

Here's the theoretical, here's the practical, here's the future

bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:30:32 AM

Hi halfcab,
I checked out your videos, awesome stuff,
Great to hear you want to do a video , an interview video sounds great,
when are  you planning on getting started?

i believe the best way to tackle this marketing campaign is by doing multiple videos,
I feel that we are going to need an animated video aswell as real life video,

these are examples of animated videos i am talking about - is animation videos within your scope ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBNhMNXvdjQ               - bitcoin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo              - bitcoin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEbCbp1vc9Y                  - bitcoin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=000al7ru3ms             ---- doge -  

https://ripple.com/#                                  - ripple

Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: