Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:33:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 [646] 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276290 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bemine431

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:23:16 AM

Yes, it only happens when the client combine two previous outputs of two different addresses. It usually happens when there's no enough BTC in any single addresses.

Take the above transaction as an example. Because both addresses have less than 0.5 BTC, but the user wanted to burn 0.5 BTC, so the client has to combine previous outputs in two addresses.
Normally, the client only shows the sum of all its addresses, so it's not so easy to know when the client will combine inputs from the different addresses. Therefore, the safest solution is to only burn from a wallet with only one address.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andro hac

Activity: 574
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:35:39 AM

May Newsletter is up! There's some big updates from some of the most popular Counterparty projects this month!
https://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-newsletter-05-02-2018/
la.sala

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:07:44 PM

Definitely. The "no liability" clause is meant to be a protection in case someone takes legal actions against me.
As with all the other escrows I did, I would definitely compensate people for mistakes I make. And with counterparty being such a new and experimental protocol there could be quite a few pitfalls, that's why I charge a 5% fee for this service.
But to be honest, I don't think my service is needed at all, because you can burn Bitcoins without counterpartyd following the directions here. Actually, I'm encouraging people to do so. My service is meant to be a last resort solution.
asd12.123162

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:45:36 AM

Also the proof of burn - trusted backed model will definitely add to the value of the coin. As I see it... in a world filled with ipo scams, trust is a rare commodity. Think the community is already recognizing that, evident from the success of the ipo so far.
aiviaa485

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:10:30 AM

This coin has an airdrop in the coming months yes?

Can anyone give me any information on it please?

Great long term project here, would consider buying low for the airdrop

yes same case I also want to ask this to the developer, but I asked in the group telegram XCP no one answered one person.

I hope Airdrop is running properly, because I already hold Coin XCP at 198666 Satoshi rating.

and hopefully to the moon XCP!
cool4y

Activity: 494
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:25:59 AM

XCP dex is non for profit project. The idea is good but the exchange is not quite popular. You could look into Spotcoin, very promsing project.
andro hac

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:39:57 PM

Mafia wars recently announced their project on Twitter and began Airdrops earlier this week.  Similar to other projects in the XCP community, Mafia Wars is an idle game of accumulation with a mafia theme, where the goal is to accumulate MAFIACASH.  Distributed on a monthly basis, the amount is proportional to the amount of Mafia Wars ‘Family Tokens’ and in-game performance.

You can view the full roadmap over at mafiawars.io
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:47:20 AM

XCP will became the new bitcoin, I know personally the team and they are the best in this field! proud to be an investor

I like your confidence, but the new Bitcoin, really .. How can XCP even exist without the old Bitcoin?

IMO the real Bitcoin is Bitcoin cash, and I still don't know what's happening there, is anyone trying to fork counterpart to work with Bitcoin cash?
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:04:25 PM

XCP will became the new bitcoin, I know personally the team and they are the best in this field! proud to be an investor

I like your confidence, but the new Bitcoin, really .. How can XCP even exist without the old Bitcoin?

IMO the real Bitcoin is Bitcoin cash, and I still don't know what's happening there, is anyone trying to fork counterpart to work with Bitcoin cash?

In the crypto community, the real Bitcoin is Bitcoin and that's not going to change. However, we are all free to think as we like:)

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
andro hac

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:42:28 AM

1% of the MAFIACASH supply has now been airdropped to 360+ Counterparty community members in each of the 5 crime families. The fun begins on May 15th at http://mafiawars.io
aminc87

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:01:01 AM

You, sir, are a brain-dead sheep that has been duped into thinking such fallacies. I hope you're joking.
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:36:14 PM

Hi everyone,
My name is Crypt0kid. I am an XCP bagholder and I'm dying a little bit inside each and every day. Won't someone, anyone please buy my bags?

Thank you for listening.

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:37:25 AM

Hi everyone,
My name is Crypt0kid. I am an XCP bagholder and I'm dying a little bit inside each and every day. Won't someone, anyone please buy my bags?

Thank you for listening.

Buy more, it hit the bottom again.
Big Naturals

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:20:18 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 11:41:53 AM by Big Naturals

You, sir, are a brain-dead sheep that has been duped into thinking such fallacies. I hope you're joking.

The exact opposite, I did my own research and came to my own conclusion, I don't have a crystal ball but I have read the Satoshi whitepaper and it's quite obvious which version of Bitcoin is closer to the original vision. I own equal amounts of both so it makes no difference to me financially but I won't be surprised to see miners jump ship eventually and move hash to Bitcoin cash enough to make it the chain with the most accumulated PoW since the 2009 genesis block one day.
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:35:42 PM

The exact opposite, I did my own research and came to my own conclusion, I don't have a crystal ball but I have read the Satoshi whitepaper and it's quite obvious which version of Bitcoin is closer to the original vision. I own equal amounts of both so it makes no difference to me financially but I won't be surprised to see miners jump ship eventually and move hash to Bitcoin cash enough to make it the chain with the most accumulated PoW since the 2009 genesis block one day.

Emergency difficulty adjustment was not closer to the original vision. Trying to steal the brand, and lying about the tech in not closer to the original vision. I, frankly, don't care what's closer to the original vision, I care about which project has the best developers and the best ideas for maintaining decentralization, and that's Bitcoin, not BCH. But since *you* seem to care so much about this false premise of "original vision", I might as well show you how you're wrong.
Big Naturals

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:34:45 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2018, 08:49:18 AM by Big Naturals

Emergency difficulty adjustment was not closer to the original vision. Trying to steal the brand, and lying about the tech in not closer to the original vision. I, frankly, don't care what's closer to the original vision, I care about which project has the best developers and the best ideas for maintaining decentralization, and that's Bitcoin, not BCH. But since *you* seem to care so much about this false premise of "original vision", I might as well show you how you're wrong.

I am not talking about emergency difficulty at all, I did not mention it once, so your whole reply is worthless bro, you're not very smart if you reply rebutting points I did not even make ... are you one of those zealot types? Did you read I hold equal amounts of both?

mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:42:42 PM

I am not talking about emergency difficulty at all, I did not mention it once, so your whole reply is worthless bro, you're not very smart if you reply rebutting points I did not even make ... are you one of those zealot types? Did you read I hold equal amounts of both?

If you're going to bring up the "original vision", then be prepared to talk about the EDA, because it was a clear example of how BCH contradicted the "original vision". No doubt, it's easier to ignore any contradictions and just repeat the false premise of BCH being "closer to the original vision", but it's not intellectually honest. No, I'm not a "zealot", but I'm also not a fan of BCH.
Big Naturals

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:04:55 PM

If you're going to bring up the "original vision", then be prepared to talk about the EDA, because it was a clear example of how BCH contradicted the "original vision". No doubt, it's easier to ignore any contradictions and just repeat the false premise of BCH being "closer to the original vision", but it's not intellectually honest. No, I'm not a "zealot", but I'm also not a fan of BCH.

EDA  is not relevant to anything i said, you're not making sense at all, you're an argumentative zealot who drank the blockstream AXA koolaid.

I hold both coins in equal numbers and will be happy either way, hopefully both achieve adoption, I just recognise on chain scaling with increased block size was part of the original vision, as was second layer solutions, and bch only exists because blockstream AXA  needs to make revenue from LN, so they obstructed one scaling option to benefit their own interests. Everything else is a smokescreen, do both , bch will end up with second layer scaling like LN too, just with big blocks now when we need increased capacity asap.

mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:17:08 PM

EDA  is not relevant to anything i said, you're not making sense at all, you're an argumentative zealot who drank the blockstream AXA koolaid.

You mentioned your belief in an "original vision" being represented in BCH, so it's completely relevant. Saying I'm an "argumentative zealot who drank the blockstream AXA koolaid" is not a rational argument, it's a personal attack, based on a conspiracy theory that you seem to believe in, in the face of any alternative, reasonable explanations.

bch only exists because blockstream AXA  needs to make revenue from LN, so they obstructed one scaling option to benefit their own interests.

You're resorting to made-up conspiracy theory propaganda rather than referencing reasonable arguments.

I hold both coins in equal numbers and will be happy either way

It's fine that some people have decided to hedge their bets like that and try to stay neutral from an investment perspective (as long as you are holding *all* the Bitcoin forks in equal value amounts, if that's what you truly believe in), but from a philosophical perspective, you don't seem to be neutral at all. You seem to, instead, be interested in conspiracy theory attacks against Blockstream, personal attacks rather than reasonable points, and "big blocks now", which shows that you, on the contrary, aren't philosophically neutral.
Big Naturals

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:15:45 AM

You mentioned your belief in an "original vision" being represented in BCH, so it's completely relevant. Saying I'm an "argumentative zealot who drank the blockstream AXA koolaid" is not a rational argument, it's a personal attack, based on a conspiracy theory that you seem to believe in, in the face of any alternative, reasonable explanations.

You're resorting to made-up conspiracy theory propaganda rather than referencing reasonable arguments.

It's fine that some people have decided to hedge their bets like that and try to stay neutral from an investment perspective (as long as you are holding *all* the Bitcoin forks in equal value amounts, if that's what you truly believe in), but from a philosophical perspective, you don't seem to be neutral at all. You seem to, instead, be interested in conspiracy theory attacks against Blockstream, personal attacks rather than reasonable points, and "big blocks now", which shows that you, on the contrary, aren't philosophically neutral.

The original vision of bitcoin was for on-chain scaling with miners competing in a competitive market for PoW mining of blocks with no barriers to entry, Blockstream changed that, and so BCH was forked to continue the original path, which leaves Blockstream and friends to create a second layer that forces users onto their LN which allows them to collect fees (i.e that's their 'business model', Blockstream is a business who happens to have enough of the core devs on staff to have stopped the common sense increase in blocksize last year). None of that is a conspiracy theory, or related to EDA, just the facts to neutral observers like myself.

Calling you a zealot is not a personal attack, look up the meaning, it describes what you're doing pretty accurately, don't take offense, you responded to me as as a partisan warrior in the bitcoin civil war - I'm not partisan at all bro, you are on one side, I'm on neither (or both depending on how you look at it)!

I'll repeat, I own both versions of bitcoin, I think scaling requires both block size increases AND second layer solutions, you are the one taking sides with passionate fervor.
Pages: « 1 ... 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 [646] 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: