Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:22:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276290 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smoohaha

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:38:59 PM

Any help please. I am trying to send my xcp to another bitcoin address. Thanks

C:\counterpartyd_build>C:\Python32\python.exe run.py send --from=MyXCPBitcoinAddress --to=NewBitcoinAddress --quantity=1 --asset
=XCP
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\counterpartyd.py", line 515, i
n <module>
    quantity, args.asset)
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\send.py", line 25, in crea
te
    return bitcoin.transaction(source, destination, config.DUST_SIZE, config.MIN
_FEE, data, test)
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\bitcoin.py", line 295, in
transaction
    transaction = serialise(inputs, destination_output, data_output, change_outp
ut, multisig=multisig, source=source)
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\bitcoin.py", line 177, in
serialise
    secret_exponent, compressed = wif_to_tuple_of_secret_exponent_compressed(pri
vate_key_wif, is_test=testnet)
TypeError: wif_to_tuple_of_secret_exponent_compressed() got an unexpected keywor
d argument 'is_test'

C:\counterpartyd_build>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
irrawaddybtc

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:47:24 PM

C:\counterpartyd_build>C:\Python32\python.exe run.py send --from=MyXCPBitcoinAddress --to=NewBitcoinAddress --quantity=1 --asset
=XCP
n <module>
    quantity, args.asset)
te
_FEE, data, test)
transaction
serialise
TypeError: wif_to_tuple_of_secret_exponent_compressed() got an unexpected keywor
d argument 'is_test'

I have the same error as well.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 09:51:51 PM

Do you have all the prereq's installed?

http://counterpartyd-build.readthedocs.org/en/develop/BuildingFromSource.html#id1
doitnow

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:53:13 PM

Yes. I do. Don't know about other guys
Patel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 09:55:21 PM

You have minimum 0.0003172 balance in your QT to send? Also, did you set your QT fee to 0.0001?

Also, please post your bitcoin.conf and counterpartyd.conf
smoohaha

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:25:13 PM

You have minimum 0.0003172 balance in your QT to send? Also, did you set your QT fee to 0.0001?

Yes I believe I do have the prereqs installed. I can run the server and wallet command shows my xcp balance. I have .006 btc balance in my wallet and I set qt fee to .0001

[Default]
bitcoind-rpc-connect=localhost
bitcoind-rpc-port=8332
bitcoind-rpc-user=xxxxxxxx
bitcoind-rpc-password=xxxxxxxxx
rpc-host=localhost
rpc-port=8332
rpc-user=xxxxxxxxxx
rpc-password=xxxxxxxxx

rpcuser=xxxxxxxxxx

rpcpassword=xxxxxxxxxxx

server=1

daemon=1

txindex=1

thank you for helping
Patel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 10:37:52 PM

Yes I believe I do have the prereqs installed. I can run the server and wallet command shows my xcp balance. I have .006 btc balance in my wallet and I set qt fee to .0001

[Default]
bitcoind-rpc-connect=localhost
bitcoind-rpc-port=8332
bitcoind-rpc-user=xxxxxxxx
bitcoind-rpc-password=xxxxxxxxx
rpc-host=localhost
rpc-port=8332
rpc-user=xxxxxxxxxx
rpc-password=xxxxxxxxx

rpcuser=xxxxxxxxxx

rpcpassword=xxxxxxxxxxx

server=1

daemon=1

txindex=1

thank you for helping

did you run a -reindex on your QT after changing your bitcoin.conf file? also, you must be running the counterpartyd server in a different cmd window, and run the send script in a different cmd window
smoohaha

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:44:59 PM

I am running it in a different cmd window. As for reindexing, I'm fairly sure I never changed the conf file after my initial reindexing. Do you or anybody know

what the errors I'm getting is saying?
Patel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 10:46:01 PM

I am running it in a different cmd window. As for reindexing, I'm fairly sure I never changed the conf file after my initial reindexing. Do you or anybody know

what the errors I'm getting is saying?

After you add txindex=1 to bitcoin.conf, you must reindex the blockchain. I dont know what the problem is, I am helping you figure it out.

Here is how I do it:

Install Bitcoin-qt
Change bitcoin.conf to proper settings
Reindex bitcoin-qt
Download counterpartd prereq's
Install counterpartyd
Add port to counterparty.conf
Start counterpartyd server - build database to newest block
Keep counterpartyd server cmd window running
Start new cmd window
Use [C:\Python32\python.exe run.py send --from=1xxxx --quantity=xxx --asset=XCP --to=1xxx] command to send
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:16:06 PM

=XCP
n <module>
    quantity, args.asset)
te
_FEE, data, test)
transaction
serialise
d argument 'is_test'

This error is caused by not having a new-enough version of pycoin.
doitnow

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:17:11 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 03:12:42 AM by doitnow

Patel I gave up on burning and now learning how to send. I think you're right and my counterpartyd is set on test because this pops up:

Code:
C:\counterpartyd_build>C:\counterpartyd_build\run.py send --from {address1} --to {address2} --quantity 10 --asse
t XCP
n <module>
    quantity, args.asset)
te
_FEE, data, test)
transaction
serialise
d argument 'is_test'

Can you tell me how to change it? Thanks
smoohaha

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:24:55 PM

=XCP
n <module>
    quantity, args.asset)
te
_FEE, data, test)
transaction
serialise
d argument 'is_test'

Thank you Phantom. I downloaded and installed yesterday from source. How do I update the pycoin?
PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:34:39 PM

=XCP
n <module>
    quantity, args.asset)
te
_FEE, data, test)
transaction
serialise
d argument 'is_test'

Thank you Phantom. I downloaded and installed yesterday from source. How do I update the pycoin?

The issue is that the build scripts are out of date. I just updated them.

Follow the instructions under 'Updating to the Newest Source' in the relevant documentation.
smoohaha

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:59:34 PM

=XCP
n <module>
    quantity, args.asset)
te
_FEE, data, test)
transaction
serialise
d argument 'is_test'

Follow the instructions under 'Updating to the Newest Source' in the relevant documentation.

I updated successfully but I am still getting the same thing ending in:

d argument 'is_test'

I must be doing something wrong. Wallet command shows my correct xcp and btc balances. But when I type

=XCP

The same error occurs. I am newbie hear me roar.
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:07:35 AM

blockscan running properly?
PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:20:22 AM

=XCP
n <module>
    quantity, args.asset)
te
_FEE, data, test)
transaction
serialise
d argument 'is_test'

d argument 'is_test'

I must be doing something wrong. Wallet command shows my correct xcp and btc balances. But when I type

=XCP

That error doesn't have anything to do with how you're using Counterparty; it's a problem with pycoin.

Try changing the version of pycoin required (in reqs.txt) to 0.25 and then rebuilding from source again.
smoohaha

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:48:58 AM

=XCP
n <module>
    quantity, args.asset)
te
_FEE, data, test)
transaction
serialise
d argument 'is_test'

d argument 'is_test'

=XCP

That error doesn't have anything to do with how you're using Counterparty; it's a problem with pycoin.

Try changing the version of pycoin required (in reqs.txt) to 0.25 and then rebuilding from source again.

I ran setup.py and all is well in the world. What amazing Dev/Founders we have willing to help problems big and small while working hard on the main project.

I am so proud I burned me some XCP. Donation coming up. Phantom can eat KFC on me.
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:05:03 AM

Yeah, apologies. I had updated the pycoin dep version on develop, but not master branch. Phantom got it updated on master...so we should be good.

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:14:48 AM

Recycled from the 2012 block halving countdown, here's a handy reference to how many blocks are left until burning ends: http://blockhalvingparty.com/index.php?i=283810

As of this post, 689 blocks left!

Edit: works in firefox but not chrome for me.

Bountyful

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:06:34 AM

Counterparty peeps.

I heard about Counterparty on Coindesk.  I am looking to understand what are the big needs for this protocol as it is launched.

I am interested in helping organize community and devteam bounties so that once the burn period ends, there will be ways to get more participation to building solutions for this awesome idea.  Are there community members currently already helping organize bounties for various new or high-demand features?

I'm new so please go easy on me, but I definitely want to be helpful. Yes, I have burn some moneys already
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: