Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:40:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276287 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cityglut

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:25:31 PM

Attention: I'm removing the asset name checksum in the next commit to develop.

Hey PhantomPhreak how'd you feel about a phone interview so I can write an article and also make a youtube video advertising the project ? Or maybe a Skype interview ? I have all the necessary equipment and media outlets to make some serious content shine!  Cool

Sorry, but that's not very likely to happen.

At least for now, the Counterparty team will only do written interviews. If you would like to set something up, please PM one of us (xnova, PhantomPhreak, or me).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:29:01 PM

When two orders at different prices are matched, the final price is always that of the earlier order. (It's the same with bets and odds.)

Noted. Tq. I was looking at the data in the order_matches table and it looked as if the higher price was matching (later order) but I might have been mistaken

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:40:32 PM

I just found a bad (and silly) bug in the order/bet matching code that was indeed preventing counterpartyd from sorting things properly. I've just update the code to sort the right way from block 284500 on, so this change will be backwards-compatible. However, you must update your clients now. The change has been pushed to both branches.
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:18:00 PM

Blockscan.com: I think you're missing the point when you refer to XCP as a "Distributed Exchange" instead of a "Decentralized Exchange"

A distributed exchange is easy and no big deal.

A _decentralised_ exchange, however, is groundbreaking.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
peer2peer360

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:18:24 PM

I'm so surprised at how little reactions I get when I talk about a functioning Dex (although in alpha) being in place, wether it be on Reddit or diverse chats of the crypto community.

I'm amazed at how little knowledge of the overall cryptos most "traders" have so far.

I guess they'll finally take a look when if it's worth thousands or millions in a few months.

Actually, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Parts of the cryptocommunity is fixed on

BTCitcoin being an online currency & NOT

BTCitcoin being a Protocol

It's my understanding that bitcoin is still highly
technical for some people to grasp the full potential
of this young emerging & disruptive innovation.

if some people can barely wrap their minds
around how bitcoin can be used as a currency

Than, how does someone expect one to understand
bitcoin being the Protocol which was given as a platform
to build upon.

BTCitcoin 2.0 "Setting the Standards for future Bets & Trades"

Wall Street will be arriving soon http://entrepreneur.com/article/230346

Now It's only a matter of time.
kdrop22

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:50:48 PM

Hey PhantomPhreak how'd you feel about a phone interview so I can write an article and also make a youtube video advertising the project ? Or maybe a Skype interview ? I have all the necessary equipment and media outlets to make some serious content shine!  Cool

PhantomPhreak and team is Satoshi 2.0  Smiley
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:06:45 PM

What is this and why are you removing it?

Also, what happens to the 5 XCM fee you pay when you issue an asset?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:11:15 PM

How do I set up my BTC wallet to trade on the DEX.

I would appreciate it if someone could explain it in a way a non techie could understand.

I apologize if this has been posted already.

Regards

I have a tutorial (non-tech guy) in Chinese w/ pictures here: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,48.0.html

You can use goolge translation to go through. If there is large demand of this kind of tutorial, I can translate it in English.

Reading the translated version in Chrome has resulted in a slight migraine. Can you please translate it into english ? If I get it to work I will make a screen recording video tutorial.

I have done the translation. Hope it helps. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=451908.0
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:12:13 PM

In my mind, I like to compare XCP and MSC as Linux and M$ (with the broken IE), and http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/02/06/we-are-hiring-developers-developers-developers/ has just confirmed half of it
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:14:28 PM

Blockscan.com: I think you're missing the point when you refer to XCP as a "Distributed Exchange" instead of a "Decentralized Exchange"

Can you elaborate on the difference?
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:25:23 PM

What is this and why are you removing it?

Also, what happens to the 5 XCM fee you pay when you issue an asset?

It's a character that for the past week has been appended to all asset names to catch common typos. It's counter-intuitive and unnecessary, mostly.

That's still there.
kelpy

Activity: 640

Archduke of Criptoaerica, vassal of WallStreetCafe

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:27:40 PM

After i put an order i get this:

Code:
raise exceptions.BitcoindError('{}'.format(response_json['error']))
lib.exceptions.BitcoindError: {'code': -22, 'message': 'TX rejected'}

Bitrated user: kelpy.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:32:50 PM

Can you elaborate on the difference?

something like AWS is distributed, but not decentralised. You could have many nodes/participants but all under ownership or control of a central authority. With something like XCP, this control is in the hands of multiple, unrelated parties. ie no single entity can be targetted as a weak link point of failure (at least that's my intepretation)

cryptrol

Activity: 637

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:44:02 PM

After i put an order i get this:

Code:
raise exceptions.BitcoindError('{}'.format(response_json['error']))
lib.exceptions.BitcoindError: {'code': -22, 'message': 'TX rejected'}

https://counterparty.co/faqs/i-got-an-error-tx-rejected-code-22-what-is-that/
cityglut

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:24:37 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 08:52:45 PM by cityglut

The Counterparty Team is looking to pay someone to do marketing

We have been contacted by several members of the community who are interested in helping out with Counterparty's marketing. It seems to us incongruous with Counterparty's 'project principles' to choose somebody without first telling the entire community that we are looking to pay someone to do PR for Counterparty. For now, we will be paying our marketer month-to-month (in XCP and BTC). We will start considering people now, and will stop considering them within three days (i.e. by to February 9); we will make our decision within seven days (i.e. by February 13), but reserve the right to decide
any time before then.

Here is a summary of what you should provide:

• Your CV: What is your experience in marketing (especially in finance), both in- and outside of the crypto community? Have you done marketing work for any other cryptocurrencies? If so, describe in detail what you helped them achieve, and provide a reference who can confirm your
    listed contributions.
  • Your connections: Whom do you know in- and outside of the crypto community who would be valuable in Counterparty's marketing efforts? Please provide enough evidence of your relationship with him or her, so that we can determine whether this relationship may be profitable.
  • Your angle: If you had the position of marketing lead for Counterparty, what aspect(s) of Counterparty would you emphasize?
  • Your plan: Please provide a very thorough marketing plan for the 30 days after you are hired, including a list of 'milestones' and a 'timeline'. Your timeline should split up the 30 day period into four or five pieces, so that your timeline will essentially consist of an approximately week-by-week plans. We of course understand that there are things which are out of your control, and that consequently your cannot guarantee the precision of your marketing plan up to one week; nevertheless, we would like plans to err on the side of being overly-rigorous.

Applicants are expected to have a strong grasp of Counterparty's functionality, and will be asked to demonstrate it, as we believe marketing a protocol you are not familiar with is untenable.

Please PM me, cityglut, if you are interested in applying for the position, and I will provide you with an email address to which you may send your application.

We have been contacted by several members of the community who are interested in helping out with Counterparty's marketing. It seems to us incongruous with Counterparty's 'project principles' to choose somebody without first telling the entire community that we are looking to pay someone to do PR for Counterparty. For now, we will be paying our marketer month-to-month (in XCP and BTC). We will start considering people now, and will stop considering them within three days (i.e. by to February 9); we will make our decision within seven days (i.e. by February 13), but reserve the right to decide
any time before then.

• Your CV: What is your experience in marketing (especially in finance), both in- and outside of the crypto community? Have you done marketing work for any other cryptocurrencies? If so, describe in detail what you helped them achieve, and provide a reference who can confirm your
    listed contributions.
  • Your connections: Whom do you know in- and outside of the crypto community who would be valuable in Counterparty's marketing efforts? Please provide enough evidence of your relationship with him or her, so that we can determine whether this relationship may be profitable.
  • Your angle: If you had the position of marketing lead for Counterparty, what aspect(s) of Counterparty would you emphasize?
  • Your plan: Please provide a very thorough marketing plan for the 30 days after you are hired, including a list of 'milestones' and a 'timeline'. Your timeline should split up the 30 day period into four or five pieces, so that your timeline will essentially consist of an approximately week-by-week plans. We of course understand that there are things which are out of your control, and that consequently your cannot guarantee the precision of your marketing plan up to one week; nevertheless, we would like plans to err on the side of being overly-rigorous.

Applicants are expected to have a strong grasp of Counterparty's functionality, and will be asked to demonstrate it, as we believe marketing a protocol you are not familiar with is untenable.

Please PM me, cityglut, if you are interested in applying for the position, and I will provide you with an email address to which you may send your application.

Marketing donation address: 1CWq53K95AZVkCPGGW7eEwivBvNzGVGH94
freedomfighter

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:36:53 PM

any time before then.

listed contributions.

May I suggest that you go for 2 individuals and not one for at least for the 1st month or two. if successful they will be worth their XCP "ïn gold" (or in BTC :-). It will also allow you to try various different paths and see which direction is better, and have a safe net if 1 didnt work out. Time to market is of essence and I think that the community will be happy to participate. Besides dev, this is the most crucial.

Also getting on http://coinmarketcap.com/ will likely only happen if XCP can get on a distributed exchange for now until a more official beta version of the DEX is ready to go. 
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:40:01 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 09:19:06 PM by BldSwtTrs

any time before then.

listed contributions.

That's great. May I ask whith what funds will you pay him?
Giga-Ace

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:10:01 PM

Hey I need some help with my blockchain.info address to import into my bitcoin-qt wallet.

How can I properly import the addresses? I always read about I have to export a private key? How does this work? Is this key the address or is it linked to it?
Do I have a new address in my wallet then?

Sorry for asking noob questions, I just dont feel to do it right and I dont want the nice xcp to fade away...

Many thanks!

I burned BTC through blockchain.info, how do I access my XCP?

Suggestions for clarificaitons welcome!

EDIT: Don't forget to encrypt your Bitcoin-QT wallet!

Thank you!

Did you mean to unlock the walle by saying encrypt?

I now did and I think it worked with importprivkey yourPrivateKeyInWalletImportFormat "TheLabelThatIWant"

But now I have the address cloned, its still online. Is this normal? I thought addresses can only be unique? So if I transfer to that address, who will get the bitcoins? My Wallet or blockchain.info?
cityglut

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:19:38 PM

any time before then.

listed contributions.

That's great. May I ask which what funds will you pay him?

We thought a lot about whether marketing could be done via bounties, but we concluded that this would quickly become unmanageable, as a real marketing push would require an absurd number of bounties. Since the marketer will essentially be salaried, community contributions are harder to incorporate into our funding plan, as they are impossible to determine beforehand. The Counterparty team, then, will be paying whomever we select regardless, but if community members are interested in donating, they can send BTC and XCP to this address: 1CWq53K95AZVkCPGGW7eEwivBvNzGVGH94
cityglut

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:28:33 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 09:15:34 PM by cityglut

Bounty Announcement: The Counteparty Team will be putting out a bounty for a centralized exchange supporting XCP and BTC, or adding XCP and BTC support to an existing centralized exchange.

Submissions due by Febuary 25, 0:00 UTC.

Donation address: 1HSuVrARi1JvnRVjFJHuNMjcspByw3494H

Description: The Counterparty Team is now hosting a bounty for the creation of a centralized exchange, supporting XCP and BTC, or adding XCP and BTC support to an existing centralized exchange. The bounty funds will be distributed based on a consensus of PhantomPhreak, xnova, and myself. The Counterparty Team will start the bounty funds with a donation of 4.5 BTC and 1500 XCP to the donation address. The bounty will be paid on February 25.

If you have further questions, PM me, cityglut.
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: