Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:23:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276291 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Xandan

Activity: 1106
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 07:42:46 PM

You are right it became only useless and as someone mentioned one post above no one really thought it will reach to this level so quickly. This thing remind us anything which has no proper strong proper use case eventually will reach to this kind of fate. Counterparty will big name which saw huge rise for years and based on its status future doesn't look very bright to be honest. Whether someone like or not this reality.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
panda111

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 10:40:02 PM

Any link for working wallet for windows?
Thank you.
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 02:53:42 PM

Polo asks for 16 xcp for withdrawal. wtf? Huh Huh Huh
Every Counterparty transfer requires to pay BTC fee (as Counterparty is 2nd layer on btc network) and now BTC fees have increased significantly, so it  is unfortunately logical (and if we take on mind lowered XCP value..)

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 03:04:50 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2019, 06:30:59 PM by drays

Now the TUX exchange is going to be closed - they sent am email to users to withdraw their coins ASAP.

It starts to look strange - XCP lost two big exchanges in just about a month, now after one more month it is going to lose the last normal smaller exchange. It almost looks like somebody wants to purge the XCP fr. The last exchange listed on CMC is Zaif, trading it against Japanese Yen only. If things go the same route, Zaif is probably going to be either hacked or closed (or maybe they choose to delist XCP just to be safe) Grin

Anyone listened about any initiatives on recovering this project? Its hard to believe a crypto project of this scale could be forgotten that easily. Though... why not, people like trendy things, hi-tech and crypto have a lot common with fashion industry. I suppose the herd already moved on. It looks like this project didn't have the biggest asset in crypto - the real community. Or maybe it does exist somewhere - anyone knows a less deserted XCP place than this thread?

... this space is not for rent ...
proletariat
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 09:59:33 PM

.... anyone knows a less deserted XCP place than this thread?

https://counterpartytalk.org/c/general/l/latest

There's signs of life in there.

blockchain_enthusiast

Activity: 1
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 07:16:13 AM
Merited by xandry (2), digit (1)

.... anyone knows a less deserted XCP place than this thread?

https://counterpartytalk.org/c/general/l/latest

There's signs of life in there.

+1. The Trex and Poloniex news was unfortunate--  likely high spam on bitcoin network causing temporarily sustained high withdrawal fees coupled with the fact many users of Bittrex and Poloniex left end of 2017/2018 to binance when it launched and started becoming THE ICO factory.  there was a crypto-winter in general.. so many coins (including xcp) had much lowered volume compared to months earlier,  especially with no arbitrage e.g binance to poloniex. Poloniex and Bittrex They just cut off the coins that were costing a little more to keep around the same time e.g circle (poloniex owner) was laying off staff. Cost cutting measure for profitability.

Ironically with Binance kicking US traders out and likely only letting them trade "whitelisted" aka fair launch/incumbent coins on the new exchange with increased restrictions and Bittrexx disabling another 70 coins (eth ICO's) for US traders within next week plus crypto winter seemingly over-- US exchanges will probably get a bit more popular again, and some of that volume would of likely came back to fairly launched non ICO projects like XCP, LTC, etc that are much safer from regulatory perspective with recent crackdowns.  Also BTC fees are getting lower again, segwit can reduce this by another 40%  But hey.  It's not the end of the world.

Anyone listened about any initiatives on recovering this project? Its hard to believe a crypto project of this scale could be forgotten that easily. T

Absolutely,

First problem that's immediately addressable relates to exchanges: Even though most recognize Counterparty is a good concept, (especially OG's) Bizarrely XCP doesn't have good presence on exchanges. Probably we're not doing very good job at speaking to exchanges. Within just over 1 year projects like RVN went from nothing to on 40+ exchanges. All of it community effort. (since there is no "CEO") And they're not the only one. So it's possible to work on this and there is a thread started on the forums on aiming to address this very isue.

Tokens, asset projects built on bitcoin, the strongest, most secure, most liquid chain is great idea. Dex's too. It is 2019 and people are just really getting into the swing of this idea. Counterparty was very early with all these ideas, 5 years earlier--it gave the first implementation of a DEX and token system and is still one of the few systems that has any kind of working atomic swap  BTC on mainchain.

It is WAY under the radar. Now is the time for the community to rally around counterparty and help it grow.

I would suggest to any interested followers to check on the forum. This BTT thread is huge and XCP is an OG project but input is slow here. There's more activity there.

Plus for condensed updates there's the news section on the counterparty site- every month, almost since launch (5 years!!) a newsletter comes out with updates)- there's also the telegram group(s) of which there are 3, plus ancillary projects groups built on counterparty.

Here's what's happening recently:
  • Counterparty just passed the 1M send mark, almost 1.5 Million on-chain transactions.
  • Two new CIP proposals have been fully funded and are in development (CIP 20 drastically improves the flow of BTC usability on the DEX, CIP 21 improves the segwit adoption period which lowers fees considerably)
  • After a long break, The rebooted 2019 counterparty foundation election has just started. https://counterpartytalk.org/t/ann-start-of-the-counterparty-foundation-2019-election-nomination-period-jun-10th-july-1st/5535/8
  • Efforts are underway as a community to begin outreach to exchanges (this was a big sticking point in the past)
  • Hazama sidechain has been announced by some core counterparty contributors (the mechanism behind it has been patented) Hazama will enable ERC20 AND XCP assets (including XCP itself) to move back and forth between a cheap, fast sidechain AND operate the existing DEX on top of this faster design. It also lays the groundwork for LN swaps. In terms of interoperability, this is HUGE imo, for counterparty and ethereum assets to move on a bitcoin like design. Only Blockstream so far and RSK have delivered any kind of sidechain and they don't support the same kind of asset pegs that Hazama aims to. Smiley
  • Discussions on other bridges (e.g bridge to swap XCP or XCP assets back and forth to Binance chain)

Plenty of stuff going on..
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 06:10:29 PM

Thinking about buying some XCP..

Anyone wanna dump?

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
amaclin1

Activity: 770
Merit: 305

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 08:29:06 PM

Thinking about buying some XCP
You know where to get them for free Smiley

Bitcoin SV GUI client for Windows and Linux
https://github.com/AlisterMaclin/bitcoin-sv/releases
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 11:49:53 PM

I have thought about those..

Why couldn't a person write a TX to send 1btc with a decent fee to 1xxx addy AND those XCP the 1xxx addy all in 1 TX, like multiple inputs used?
Then you would not have to put the miner fee onto the XCP addy but sweep them in a larger TX that got its fee from a different input..  

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
adamvp

Merit: 708

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 03:25:51 PM

Now the TUX exchange is going to be closed - they sent am email to users to withdraw their coins ASAP.

It starts to look strange - XCP lost two big exchanges in just about a month, now after one more month it is going to lose the last normal smaller exchange. It almost looks like somebody wants to purge the XCP fr. The last exchange listed on CMC is Zaif, trading it against Japanese Yen only. If things go the same route, Zaif is probably going to be either hacked or closed (or maybe they choose to delist XCP just to be safe) Grin

Anyone listened about any initiatives on recovering this project? Its hard to believe a crypto project of this scale could be forgotten that easily. Though... why not, people like trendy things, hi-tech and crypto have a lot common with fashion industry. I suppose the herd already moved on. It looks like this project didn't have the biggest asset in crypto - the real community. Or maybe it does exist somewhere - anyone knows a less deserted XCP place than this thread?

So there is no ability to buy XCP token now? Sad
I was going to buy some but it seems it is impossible now while Poloniex and bittrex delisted.. and this Tux echange (even if it not going to be closed soon ) I won't rather trust them..
Very bad I had high hopes in counterparty Sad

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 10:59:15 AM

You can trade counterparty using freewallet.io wallet that has a built in exchange DEX which is under development and you can contribute to it by buying fullaccess tokens through freewallet, it should cost 20$ per token but sometimes it goes up to 30$.

Be careful as there are other similar wallets with this name, check what you download from github, the site is freewallet.io
Gash

Activity: 652
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 11:27:36 AM

I have thought about those..

Why couldn't a person write a TX to send 1btc with a decent fee to 1xxx addy AND those XCP the 1xxx addy all in 1 TX, like multiple inputs used?
Then you would not have to put the miner fee onto the XCP addy but sweep them in a larger TX that got its fee from a different input..  

I thought u could send XCP along with bitcoin in a bulk without having to pay double fee. The best option to seek answers is to peek inside of a large hardon collider and apply the nature of processes happening at the small scale to ur everyday concerns. Ur brain gives up understanding the nature of things as it degenerates into starchy fossil - if this is the case, rejuvenate ur head using the method above.
HeitorMessias

Activity: 207
Merit: 32

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via" Seneca _

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 05:27:38 PM

Hello XCP community. Please need an information, is it possible to buy XCP somewhere? TUX closed, Polo and Trex removed XCP, zaif this ofline to do not know how long. Please do not view this comment as an offense, but if XCP is not available for trade, then the currency at the moment is dead. I would like to buy some units of XCP p2p (+/- 10 units) because I already did some tests on the platform and I liked it a lot and would like to do more tests. I had 1000 units however I sold when the price started to plummet after the poloniex removal notice, I made a good move and avoided injury but forgot to save a few units to use. Sincerely XCP deserves to be available somewhere to be traded, I would like to indicate altilly and crex24 as it has pretty low listing values compared to other exchanges. thanks for listening
drays
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 07:17:12 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2019, 02:51:57 PM by drays

Hello XCP community. Please need an information, is it possible to buy XCP somewhere? TUX closed, Polo and Trex removed XCP, zaif this ofline to do not know how long. Please do not view this comment as an offense, but if XCP is not available for trade, then the currency at the moment is dead. I would like to buy some units of XCP p2p (+/- 10 units) because I already did some tests on the platform and I liked it a lot and would like to do more tests. I had 1000 units however I sold when the price started to plummet after the poloniex removal notice, I made a good move and avoided injury but forgot to save a few units to use. Sincerely XCP deserves to be available somewhere to be traded, I would like to indicate altilly and crex24 as it has pretty low listing values compared to other exchanges. thanks for listening

I don't think you can buy it in exchange now. There is not much XCP community left here in Bitcointalk either. Try your luck on their forums (https://counterpartytalk.org), or alternatively, I can send you a couple XCP for free (just PM me your address).

sv.alyona

Activity: 518
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 07:02:42 AM

Announcing the names of the 2019 Counterparty Foundation Community Directors
https://counterparty.io/news/announcing-the-names-of-the-2019-counterparty-foundation-community-directors/

On July 1, 2019, the team announced the start of elections based on the Counterparty Foundation's block chain of five community directors, who will officially represent the Counterparty project, help shape its leadership and provide active and transparent leadership.

Yesterday, at block # 585350  closed the voting and here are the results:

HeitorMessias

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 12:14:11 AM

I don't think you can buy it in exchange now. There is not much XCP community left here in Bitcointalk either. Try your luck on their forums (https://counterpartytalk.org), or alternatively, I can send you a couple XCP for free (just PM me your address).

Hello crypto Bro, thank you very much for the ante and in the willingness to help me

I sent now you a inbox message with my XCP address

Sorry for not sending this message before I stayed a few days without accessing ANN. thank you very much
drays
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 06:30:43 PM

Hello crypto Bro, thank you very much for the ante and in the willingness to help me

Sorry for not sending this message before I stayed a few days without accessing ANN. thank you very much

Sent it. Handle with care Smiley
Hopefully XCP will rise so much I could regret sending it for free... Don't keep fingers crossed though... Roll Eyes

HeitorMessias

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 05:27:32 AM

Sent it. Handle with care Smiley
Hopefully XCP will rise so much I could regret sending it for free... Don't keep fingers crossed though... Roll Eyes

thank you very much for the collaboration
iamlemon

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 04:30:36 PM

I have created some buy orders and sell orders for XCP on BISQ
panda111

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 02:39:53 PM

Hi ,is there a windows wallet for xcp or any way where can I sent XCP from bittrex?
Pages: « 1 ... 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: