Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:04:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: One thread per site ONLY  (Read 155455 times)
Maged (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 11:33:56 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2012, 04:09:44 AM by Maged

Because a certain site has been spammed to hell here, we have decided to start enforcing this rule. Unless your thread is for a new site or is newsworthy (such as a you are hosting a whole new type of game on a site, a new noteworthy feature is added to a site, you need to alert the community to a potential scam, or you're asking a general question that applies to more than one site), please post it the in the Games and rounds subforum or respond to an applicable existing thread on this board.

Good examples of new threads:
"Bitcoinduit | Selling Site To Highest Bidder. 20% of profits must go to charity." -newsworthy
"Trial run of Interbit Lotto - 0.5BTC Bonus for winner, 1 time only" -new site + one-time deal
"Bitcoinduit vs Bitcat.ch - Who's best?" -informational
"10th bet gets 1BTC - only received 0.01?" -notification of potential scam

Bad examples:
"The Forever Game - LARGEST Jackpot - HIGHEST payout total" -a standard Bitcoinduit game
"Rapid Earnings - 10% ROI, NO FEES, low stakes!" -a standard Bitcoinduit game

Again, this policy does NOT prevent you from advertising your game hosted by a different website on this forum. You are still allowed to post your game in the main thread for the site that hosts it or in the Games and rounds subforum. Additionally, the title of this thread is slightly misleading as, in many cases, a site/person may be allowed to have multiple threads regarding the same site/game if the new topics are notable enough, as explained above.

If you have any questions about this policy, please contact a moderator or reply to this thread.

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:10:33 AM

Hooray for less spam!
Weaver

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:11:58 AM

Hey,
Is a new tournament for poker considered newsworthy?

Thanks!
Maged (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:16:44 AM

Hey,
Is a new tournament for poker considered newsworthy?

Thanks!
No, not unless there is something notable about it.

However, if you'd like to start a thread that you'll specifically use for all future tournaments, I can grant a one-time exception. The same goes for everyone else: If you don't have a specific thread set up for your site/specific recurring events on your site, I'll allow you to do that.

As a good example, Bitlotto and Bitlotto Jr can both have their own thread. However, they must be re-used for all future rounds.

Cory

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 01:43:00 AM

What is considered newsworthy? If I offer a new type of Bitcoinduit game, where instead of it being a straight ponzi game, I send 5 BTC to each 10th bet, or match bets, or something along those lines, is that newsworthy enough for a new thread? Where is the line drawn?
Maged (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 01:49:10 AM

What is considered newsworthy? If I offer a new type of Bitcoinduit game, where instead of it being a straight ponzi game, I send 5 BTC to each 10th bet, or match bets, or something along those lines, is that newsworthy enough for a new thread? Where is the line drawn?
1. It has to be something the site can't do automatically.
2. It must be unique.

Both of those examples have been done, so I can't allow that. However, had this been enforced at the time (remember, this isn't new policy; we've just neglected to enforce it), the first thread with those examples would have been allowed. Any copycats would have to be posted in that thread or the main thread for the site.

joeyjoe

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 11:24:03 AM

Sorry about my multiple posts.

Just hard to get people to know about a new site. Is there any plans to enable advertising on this site? or any good places i could purchase advertising?

Bitcoin PHP programmer for hire! (HTML / CSS / JQuery / AJAX / .NET).
Einewton

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 11:29:48 AM

THANK YOU!

-= Got BitCoin? =-
BitcoinStars.com

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 10:08:16 PM

Officially the Gambling Section  Cool
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 12:37:44 AM

I want to check that my posting for the gambling section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67511.0 thanks.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Maged (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 01:05:38 AM

I want to check that my posting for the gambling section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67511.0 thanks.
I don't see any issues with that....

film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 01:08:25 AM

I don't see any issues with that....
Thanks for the help Maged. Smiley

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 06:31:11 PM

please lock this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56789.msg1345495#msg1345495 then, it's redundant.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 07:12:08 PM

ssaCEO, the StrikeSaphire guy, seems to be breaking this rule every week or so:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134897.msg1441968#msg1441968

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131001.msg1416702#msg1416702

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129957.msg1389188#msg1389188

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128213.msg1372852#msg1372852

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=126586.msg1356820#msg1356820

Very much akin to Spam while we at SealsWithClubs stick to the 1-thread-per-site policy.  ssaCEO please stop, I am not making any request other than here and via PM at this point.  Don't make Marketplace > Gambling into a "let's see who can post the most threads" and try and get more free advertising - let's all play by the rules please.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
ssaCEO

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 07:29:50 PM

Micon,

I've just gone through and confirmed that those old dead threads were locked (except for one, which I just locked).

When I post new threads, it's always because there is something new we've added to the site. The rule says:

Unless your thread is for a new site or is newsworthy (such as a you are hosting a whole new type of game on a site, a new noteworthy feature is added to a site...

So when we create an entirely new type of bonus, or new games, then that's new and noteworthy and deserves a new thread. When I create a new thread, I lock the old one and let it sink before posting.

For what it's worth, I don't think you should feel worried or threatened by my occasional postings. I'm not spamming the forum, I'm using it to announce new features which is what it's intended for. In any case, I don't badmouth Seals or any other Bitcoin gaming sites, or attack you here or in the press. And in any case, we're not competing for the same market. So there's no need to attack me.

Maged (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 08:20:02 PM

So when we create an entirely new type of bonus, or new games, then that's new and noteworthy and deserves a new thread.
I agree. I see nothing wrong with these threads. You need to remember why this policy was put into place more than you need to actually follow it to the letter.

ssaCEO

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 09:18:17 PM

So when we create an entirely new type of bonus, or new games, then that's new and noteworthy and deserves a new thread.
I agree. I see nothing wrong with these threads. You need to remember why this policy was put into place more than you need to actually follow it to the letter.

Thanks. I'm trying to follow the spirit of the rule. I trust you guys will let me know if I ever cross a line anywhere.

FWIW I promise not to ever run stupid redundant spammy bonuses and whatnot in new threads, I don't have any reason to post about it if it's not something new to the site.

Maged (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:21:46 PM

Thanks. I'm trying to follow the spirit of the rule. I trust you guys will let me know if I ever cross a line anywhere.
Absolutely.

FWIW I promise not to ever run stupid redundant spammy bonuses and whatnot in new threads, I don't have any reason to post about it if it's not something new to the site.
Heh, thanks!

poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 11:51:22 AM

Why not have a bonus giving 1 million satoshi for everyone who replies? Free bumps! Hey, it worked well for other gambling sites -.-

poly | My Tip Jar
BitCoinLoft

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 08:38:08 PM

Thank you Maged for the guidelines. It's good to know what's accepted and what not. A company that I'm affiliated with is launching a gambling site accepting Bitcoin as a major currency and asked me to spread the word. I will adhere to the guidelines.  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: