Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:02:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NDL - The coin for Pastafarians - Flying Spaghetti Monster Cryptocurrency!  (Read 125144 times)
number435398

Activity: 260
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 05:59:36 AM

yes, use uint64_t, do not use u_int64.
it will NOT compile in a non-Mingw environment (both linux and Mac)

the cd in the copy of trythis i got from github occurs AFTER the call to 'sudo make -j4 HOST=x86_64-w64-mingw32'. (ie: make is line 7, cd is line 8, another make without args on line 11

I don't use Mingw.

There must be a number of crazy variations on Linux then.  Because it compiles for me in Linux just fine (with regards to the u_int64).

the text for my "trythis" is as follows:
Code:
cd depends
PATH=$(echo "$PATH" | sed -e 's/:\/mnt.*//g')
sudo apt get libevent
sudo chmod +x config.guess
sudo chmod +x config.site.in
sudo chmod +x config.sub
sudo make -j4 HOST=x86_64-w64-mingw32
cd ..
./autogen.sh
CONFIG_SITE=$PWD/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32/share/config.site ./configure --prefix=/
make

There are two "make"'s.  The purpose of the first "make" is...well...I don't really know for sure.  Its what the Litecoin devs required and its worked so far for me.  Perhaps my trythis file won't work for everyone. 

I have compiled this code countless times in "Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS".

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dnp

Activity: 401
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 06:05:13 AM

the cd in the copy of trythis i got from github occurs AFTER the call to 'sudo make -j4 HOST=x86_64-w64-mingw32'. (ie: make is line 7, cd is line 8, another make without args on line 11

I don't use Mingw.

There must be a number of crazy variations on Linux then.  Because it compiles for me in Linux just fine (with regards to the u_int64).

Code:
cd depends
sudo apt get libevent
sudo chmod +x config.sub
cd ..
./autogen.sh
CONFIG_SITE=$PWD/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32/share/config.site ./configure --prefix=/
make

There are two "make"'s.  The purpose of the first "make" is...well...I don't really know for sure.  Its what the Litecoin devs required and its worked so far for me.  Perhaps my trythis file won't work for everyone.  

you are cross-building for windows, arent you? and dont you even see the word mingw in that script you just posted above?
Mingw exists on linux and on windows systems. it's basially GCC trying to use the microsoft runtime API in a native sort of fashion. and every coin wallet i've seen chooses this path. personally i prefer the Cygwin gcc environmnet on windows -- it attempts valiantly to hide the perverse quirks of microsoft Visual C code and library implementations by putting a posix compliant layer on top of the microsoft mess.

if for on other reason, be consistent with what the rest of the litecoin package uses, even within the same validation.cpp file they use uint64_t
consistency is important for group projects.

Explorer and full node hosting at explorer.dognose.net
number435398

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:09:35 AM

I don't use Mingw.

There must be a number of crazy variations on Linux then.  Because it compiles for me in Linux just fine (with regards to the u_int64).

Code:
cd depends
sudo apt get libevent
sudo chmod +x config.sub
cd ..
./autogen.sh
make

There are two "make"'s.  The purpose of the first "make" is...well...I don't really know for sure.  Its what the Litecoin devs required and its worked so far for me.  Perhaps my trythis file won't work for everyone.  

you are cross-building for windows, arent you? and dont you even seen the word mingw in that scripot you just posted above?
Mingw exists on linux and on windows systems. it's basially GCC trying to use the microsoft libraries in a native sort of fashion. and every coin wallet i've seen chooses this path. personally i prefer the Cygwin gcc environmnet on windows -- it attempts valiantly to hide the perverse quirks of microsoft Visual C code and library implementations by putting a posix compliant layer on top of the microsoft mess.

Yes, I do see the word mingw, but didn't see it in the same context as mingw for windows.  Perhaps I should clarify; the only formal training I have in programming is for QBasic.  You know...for DOS...that was used in the 90's.  No one else took up the mantle to update the wallet, so I did.  No, I obviously don't know what you know.

My code works with the instructions provided by the Litecoin developers.  Their instructions obviously include Mingw.  It works in that context; I can't speak to other contexts.
dnp

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 06:14:00 AM

Yes, I do see the word mingw, but didn't see it in the same context as mingw for windows.  Perhaps I should clarify; the only formal training I have in programming is for QBasic.  You know...for DOS...that was used in the 90's.  No one else took up the mantle to update the wallet, so I did.  No, I obviously don't know what you know.

My code works with the instructions provided by the Litecoin developers.  Their instructions obviously include Mingw.  It works in that context; I can't speak to other contexts.

okay then, 'trust me' Cheesy Cheesy

number435398

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:15:59 AM

Yes, I do see the word mingw, but didn't see it in the same context as mingw for windows.  Perhaps I should clarify; the only formal training I have in programming is for QBasic.  You know...for DOS...that was used in the 90's.  No one else took up the mantle to update the wallet, so I did.  No, I obviously don't know what you know.

I'm not distrusting you at all.  I am just very inexperienced in this kind of thing and, at the very least, can only confirm it will work in the same environment I have setup.  I will definitely consider updating that uint thing. 

With those variables aside were you able to compile it?
dnp

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 06:17:44 AM

Yes, I do see the word mingw, but didn't see it in the same context as mingw for windows.  Perhaps I should clarify; the only formal training I have in programming is for QBasic.  You know...for DOS...that was used in the 90's.  No one else took up the mantle to update the wallet, so I did.  No, I obviously don't know what you know.

My code works with the instructions provided by the Litecoin developers.  Their instructions obviously include Mingw.  It works in that context; I can't speak to other contexts.

I'm not distrusting you at all.  I am just very inexperienced in this kind of thing and, at the very least, can only confirm it will work in the same environment I have setup.  I will definitely consider updating that uint thing.  

yes, but wont be able to run and play with it for some unknown time this week, my usual couple free hours per week is basically weekends. i go to bed now, up in 5.5 hours for work.

number435398

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:19:34 AM

I'm not distrusting you at all.  I am just very inexperienced in this kind of thing and, at the very least, can only confirm it will work in the same environment I have setup.  I will definitely consider updating that uint thing. 

yes, but wont be able to run and play with it for some unknown time this week, my usual couple free hours per week is basically weekends.

Fair enough. 

I just updated the validation.cpp on github to reflect your suggestion to convert u_int64 to uint64_t.
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:46:51 AM

Use the Gitian build system, it is there for a reason.

With it, producing all of the builds for Linux, Windows, macOS and Raspberry Pi become much less prone to human error.

Getting up to speed with Gitian is as easily as looking for the release-process document and following the Gitian guide.
All of the steps can be done inside of VirtualBox.
number435398

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:44:36 PM

That's something you say to someone when there's power tool on the table right in front of them and they're not using it in spite of being in a situation where they are in need of it; "it's there for a reason" or "I put it there for you for a reason".  I don't even know what the "gitian build system" is, nor am I aware of its presence or location.
Chicago

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:09:44 PM

That's something you say to someone when there's power tool on the table right in front of them and they're not using it in spite of being in a situation where they are in need of it; "it's there for a reason" or "I put it there for you for a reason".  I don't even know what the "gitian build system" is, nor am I aware of its presence or location.

I was hoping you might ask, "WTF is Gitian" so that I could teach you.
Here are some links: Gitian building, release-process.
With the information there you should be able to get an idea of why it is a super powerful tool.

Imagine being able to build the binaries and come out with the exact same result as some other guy who built from the same sources -- while at the same time getting builds made for Windows, Linux, macOS and Raspberry Pi in just a couple of hours. That is Gitian.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
number435398

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:19:13 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2018, 08:57:01 PM by number435398

That's something you say to someone when there's power tool on the table right in front of them and they're not using it in spite of being in a situation where they are in need of it; "it's there for a reason" or "I put it there for you for a reason".  I don't even know what the "gitian build system" is, nor am I aware of its presence or location.

I was hoping you might ask, "WTF is Gitian" so that I could teach you.
Here are some links: Gitian building, release-process.
With the information there you should be able to get an idea of why it is a super powerful tool.

Imagine being able to build the binaries and come out with the exact same result as some other guy who built from the same sources -- while at the same time getting builds made for Windows, Linux, macOS and Raspberry Pi in just a couple of hours. That is Gitian.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

Thank you for that information.  I may not fully understand the rest of it; I thought "the exact same result" is what other people would get too w my current repository with mingw in Linux.  

I don't mind altering the code for your specified purposes and goals, but for now I'm going to be focusing on getting the wallet to read the addresses it creates.  I want to get it fully working first and foremost.
number435398

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:35:06 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2018, 06:44:51 PM by number435398

Alright guys, I reverted to fork litecoin v 15.1 as opposed to 16.3 and everything appears to work perfectly!  It still contains all the updates we need to be listed on an exchange as well.

https://github.com/number435398/Noodlyappendagecoin-project

The code is there as well as a compiled windows exe file!  Now comes time for the good testing!
number435398

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:17:42 PM

I'd really like to get some functionality feedback on the wallet.  I think it may be ready for prime-time but I need a consensus before I make such a declaration.  I need to make sure you guys accept the fork times and such.  Once we all agree and it works, that's when DaveF may be able to update the explorer with the new wallet and the new pchmessagestart code and then we're pretty much set.

No, I haven't updated it for gitian yet though I am starting to look into it.
number435398

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:55:32 PM

I just added a "TEST ONLY" exe to the github repository.  This one will use the new pchmessage code and will fork on 11-12-2018 and 11-13-2018.  Everything mined on this exe will not be part of the main network, its for testing only.  If you try the new pchmessage version of 15.1 it may see this wallet but it will not be compatible since the hard fork coding will occur at a different block and will not be accepted by any other exe's other than this particular one.

https://github.com/number435398/Noodlyappendagecoin-project/blob/master/noodlyappendagecoin-qt%20TEST%20ONLY.exe
nxtraordinary

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

Pool for Future-Airdrops already at 9.000.000 NDL

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:25:57 PM

Hi you all!

Chain and blockexplorer stopped. No connection anymore to network.

Are you all fine?

Greez!

n.

Before we begin, we should take a hard look at ourselves first.

(galgitron)

~

NDL Donations for future Airdrops: Ngo2somW9pLj4QC8cyHWKjrpTRYm
Chicago

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:04:30 AM

Hi you all!

Are you all fine?

Greez!

n.

Hi nxtraordinary,

I'm seeing 5 connections here using the v0.8.6.2 software discussed in the last few pages.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
number435398

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:12:14 AM

Hi you all!

Are you all fine?

Greez!

n.

Hi nxtraordinary,

I'm seeing 5 connections here using the v0.8.6.2 software discussed in the last few pages.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

Have you been periodically bridging your fork with the explorer to keep it in sync?
Chicago

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:21:49 AM

Have you been periodically bridging your fork with the explorer to keep it in sync?

Hi number435398,

As reported on October 16th in this thread:

This client is a clean break from the v0.8.6.1 network.
    There was approximately a 12 hour difference between the snapshot at height 1314626 and this public release.

If I picked the wrong fork of the chain, let me know and we can do this experiment again with another chain.
    I selected this chain because it is the one which His Holy Noodliness's code identifies with in the peer swarm.

There have been no reports of being on a wrong fork of the chain and the hash at block 1314626 for the snapshot matched the explorer.

The Linux binary is here.
    The Windows binary is here.
    The bootstrap.dat is here.

addnode=23.253.205.134
    addnode=[2001:4801:7825:102:be76:4eff:fe10:3d29]

Best Regards,
-Chicago
number435398

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:34:26 AM

Hi number435398,

As reported on October 16th in this thread:

This client is a clean break from the v0.8.6.1 network.
    There was approximately a 12 hour difference between the snapshot at height 1314626 and this public release.

If I picked the wrong fork of the chain, let me know and we can do this experiment again with another chain.
    I selected this chain because it is the one which His Holy Noodliness's code identifies with in the peer swarm.

There have been no reports of being on a wrong fork of the chain and the hash at block 1314626 for the snapshot matched the explorer.

The Linux binary is here.
    The Windows binary is here.
    The bootstrap.dat is here.

addnode=23.253.205.134
    addnode=[2001:4801:7825:102:be76:4eff:fe10:3d29]

Best Regards,
-Chicago

I mean since then.  If you take the blockchain folder for your fork and open another wallet that is on the main network (explorer), then they would sync up.    Then if the explorer's chain was stronger than yours, you'd just close that (explorer) wallet and open your wallet, and then it'd sync your fork with the explorer.

I'm ready, if I get everyone's consent, to declare my new v15.1 w the new pchmessage of NDLY, the new official wallet.  Your fork should be synced with the explorer to minimize confusion.  My wallet will hardfork the network as the new blocks created will be confusing to old wallets.  When necessary I've been relying on the explorer as the indicator of the "main" network.

Does anyone object to moving to my new wallet?  Does anyone still want to test it further?  I'm trying to avoid any issues and get everyone's consent but no one's telling me yes or no.
Chicago

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:51:32 AM

Does anyone object to moving to my new wallet?

I am glad you have been working on a wallet upgrade. I'm sure in time we will be ready to abandon the 0.8 branch code we inherited from His Holy Noodliness. Right now, I can't endorse your repository for production use, sorry.

If you want to work together on a repository based on v0.13.0, then I'll set things up for us to start building it.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: