Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:24:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NDL - The coin for Pastafarians - Flying Spaghetti Monster Cryptocurrency!  (Read 125147 times)
dnp

Activity: 401
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 04:47:11 PM

I think the biggest concern was just that when you weren't mining; others weren't able to mine hard enough to readjust the difficulty very quickly.  

i dont think my mining pushes up the difficulty that high, i've been mining continuously since my previous posting and the current difficulty is only 0.00589

i'm currently only using 10% of my asic's horsepower for NDL mining. previously was only using 8%

Then it may not have been you that ran the difficulty up really high.

the problem is, people only know how to throw the full horsepower of their Asics at a coin.
the Antminer L3 series uses the common "cgminer" program to do the actual mining.
cgminer supports a concept of balanced/quota mining.
it's just that you have to either manually edit the configuration inside the Asic box, or modify the
configuration web scripts to allow you to specify the quota since the factory scripts do not
let you.
of course nobody even gives a second thought to this problem, which is easily solved.

caveat: if you only have one other pool defined using up the rest of the quota horsepower, and that pool goes
  offline for some reason, then the FULL asic power will swing over to to the NDL (or whatever small quota) pool
  you have defined.
  either use very reliable pools, or have third pool defined so it can soak up some of the free horsepower when
  one goes offline.

Explorer and full node hosting at explorer.dognose.net
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kingartur

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 08:17:14 PM

the last ver is v0.15.2?

Yes, the latest version is 0.15.2

windows wallet?
                             Huh
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6234

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 08:22:06 PM

the last ver is v0.15.2?

Yes, the latest version is 0.15.2

windows wallet?
                             Huh

All downloads are here:
https://www.noodlyappendagecoin.net/

I am extremely behind in getting a new announcement thread going. That's 100% on me but I do hope to have something soon.

However, all the information you need is in this thread.

Thanks,
Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
honglu69

Activity: 1546
Merit: 23

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 04:06:22 AM
Merited by DaveF (1)

The explorer is down.
number435398

Activity: 260
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 05:12:13 AM
Merited by DaveF (1)

The explorer is down.

What?  How dare you say such things!  BLASPHEMER!  YOU SHALL BE COVERED IN SAUCE AND....oh wait, you're right, it is down.
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 11:59:15 AM

The explorer is down.

What?  How dare you say such things!  BLASPHEMER!  YOU SHALL BE COVERED IN SAUCE AND....oh wait, you're right, it is down.

No it's not. (now)

I have also discovered that the main difference between a $14.95 wireless router that you pick up at WalMart and a $549.99 SonicWall is.... $535.04
The quality of the hardware is about the same.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 12:58:46 PM

The explorer is down.

No it's not. (now)

I have also discovered that the main difference between a $14.95 wireless router that you pick up at WalMart and a $549.99 SonicWall is.... $535.04

-Dave

LOL that reads like the plot of a godly soup opera
honglu69

Activity: 1546
Merit: 23

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 02:53:56 AM

The blockchain explorer is up now.  The ShorelineCrypto exchange NDL icon/logo use the explorer picture URL.  It was easy to tell that on explorer issue by the exchange NDL logo.
Ive Gone Parabolic

Activity: 179
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 12:37:43 PM

The explorer is down.

No it's not. (now)

-Dave

I ll make things clear, its my job. Block explorer is down since yesterday morning, this is because I had to run some checks and fixes since I aspire to making the network and software safe for use and immune to bruteforce attacks. Next thing I wanted to tell ye is, my hindlegs just failed to hit the ground, and I found myself falling like a rock in some sort of well. Im typing this post while traveling down the endless pit with only darkness ahead.
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 01:32:09 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2019, 03:09:59 PM by DaveF

The explorer is down.

What?  How dare you say such things!  BLASPHEMER!  YOU SHALL BE COVERED IN SAUCE AND....oh wait, you're right, it is down.

No it's not. (now)

-Dave

I ll make things clear, its my job. Block explorer is down since yesterday morning, this is because I had to run some checks and fixes since I aspire to making the network and software safe for use and immune to bruteforce attacks. Next thing I wanted to tell ye is, my hindlegs just failed to hit the ground, and I found myself falling like a rock in some sort of well. Im typing this post while traveling down the endless pit with only darkness ahead.

No, the explorer was never down. As honglu69 said above, it's easy to check because the exchange NDL icon is pulled from there.

The Syncing was paused, that was on me, as the node it was attached to was not talking to the rest of the world. I was working on setting up a pool and managed to do something that caused all my local nodes to pause. But internally all looked good. Have to play more with that this weekend.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dnp

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2019, 05:44:33 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2019, 06:05:08 PM by dnp
Merited by DaveF (1)

an alternate ndl explorer.

some folks may recall i've been running an ndl explorer at my site.
being on a home/consumer grade connection it will never be prime time material.
it may not be accessible to all people (some network border gateways appear to block http traffic to addresses
 they consider consumer/home type)

buttt... since it's not the 'official' explorer, playing and fooling around with it is a great option Smiley Cheesy

anyone good with Pasta and/or Pirate phraseology i ask to make recommendations to me on
how i can modify the english text displayed on the explorer pages to be more noodly groovy.

i've made some simplistic changes already, feel free to suggest improvements to those as well.

explorer is at http://coins.dognose.net:3001/

suggestions could be made by direct message here, or by clicking on the red "report issues" link
at the bottom of the explorer pages.

thank-you, may your meatballs be touched by his noodly appendage.

DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 01:34:02 PM

an alternate ndl explorer.

some folks may recall i've been running an ndl explorer at my site.
being on a home/consumer grade connection it will never be prime time material.
it may not be accessible to all people (some network border gateways appear to block http traffic to addresses
 they consider consumer/home type)

buttt... since it's not the 'official' explorer, playing and fooling around with it is a great option Smiley Cheesy

anyone good with Pasta and/or Pirate phraseology i ask to make recommendations to me on
how i can modify the english text displayed on the explorer pages to be more noodly groovy.

i've made some simplistic changes already, feel free to suggest improvements to those as well.

suggestions could be made by direct message here, or by clicking on the red "report issues" link

I like the new text on the explorer.

I never actually look at the main explorer except to see if it's running, while poking around yours I noticed that someone back in February moved 1 billion coins to a single address. The other billion coin address has been inactive for close to 3 years now. Is it yours?

Not a lot of people active on here so it's probably a limited number of who would have done it. I didn't go back and trace the coins history.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dnp

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 01:33:15 AM

...anyone good with Pasta and/or Pirate phraseology i ask to make recommendations to me on

I like the new text on the explorer.

I never actually look at the main explorer except to see if it's running, while poking around yours I noticed that someone back in February moved 1 billion coins to a single address. The other billion coin address has been inactive for close to 3 years now. Is it yours?

Not a lot of people active on here so it's probably a limited number of who would have done it. I didn't go back and trace the coins history.

-Dave

not mine, perhaps Chicago's? he was active back then.

i used to have a billion noodle address but i broke it up across several other ones to appear less obvious Smiley
the inactive billion i just assume is from the original coin creator, never took the time to track initial disbursements pass about 5 levels.

only 2/3rds of the distribution is in the top 500.
many other obscure altcoins i've looked at are closer to 90% in the top 500.
so, we are actually quite well off for a healthier than usual obscure altcoin distribution.

by the way dave, check out my explorer on port :3003  and see how terrible that coin's distribution is Smiley

unfortunately since i'm on a home/consumer internet connection i cant really make a lot of noise advertising their existence.

Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 10:09:47 AM

Not mine either - I haven't moved anything in years.
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 11:28:07 AM

OK then it has to be someone from the old days.
Makes you wonder why they are silent about it. One day when I have they mythical thing called free time I'll have to go and see where the coins came from.

Since we had easy self mining till the new wallet it's probably not going to reveal much.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
number435398

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 10:39:16 PM

OK then it has to be someone from the old days.
Makes you wonder why they are silent about it. One day when I have they mythical thing called free time I'll have to go and see where the coins came from.

Since we had easy self mining till the new wallet it's probably not going to reveal much.

-Dave

They might be noticing the activity on https://shorelinecrypto.com/market/DOGE-NDL

It looks like there's standing orders to purchase over 11 billion NDL (almost everything that's been mined).  Though those orders aren't offering very much in return so I doubt they'll come to fruition.
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 11:21:26 PM

They might be noticing the activity on https://shorelinecrypto.com/market/DOGE-NDL

It looks like there's standing orders to purchase over 11 billion NDL (almost everything that's been mined).  Though those orders aren't offering very much in return so I doubt they'll come to fruition.

By my back of the napkin math there are offers to buy over 15 billion NDL which even at the end will be more then the total supply of 13.798 billion.

So, yeah they are never getting filled.....

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
number435398

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 04:16:19 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2019, 11:35:56 AM by number435398

It looks like there's standing orders to purchase over 11 billion NDL (almost everything that's been mined).  Though those orders aren't offering very much in return so I doubt they'll come to fruition.

By my back of the napkin math there are offers to buy over 15 billion NDL which even at the end will be more then the total supply of 13.798 billion.

So, yeah they are never getting filled.....

-Dave

I don't doubt it; once I got to over 11 billion I stopped counting the additional amounts.
dnp

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2019, 01:30:35 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2019, 11:12:50 PM by dnp

i've enabled Markets information in my explorer.

does anyone know why altexchanger created a BTC market for us rather than something more affordable like Doge or LTC ?

http://coins.dognose.net:3001/

happy canadian thanksgiving, may your noodles and meatballs be plentiful and juicy.

ps: scroll to the bottom of the Buy/Sell columns for shorlinecrypto to see grand totals Smiley

number435398

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 02:18:26 AM

i've enabled Markets information in my explorer.

i'm also completely rebuilding the database because i fumbled a manual attempt to change a table definition in the database.
oops Smiley

does anyone know why altexchanger created a BTC market for us rather than something more affordable like Doge or LTC ?

http://coins.dognose.net:3001/

happy canadian thanksgiving, may your noodles and meatballs be plentiful and juicy.

Maybe altexchanger thinks more highly of us than we do of ourselves?  Right or wrong, I, myself, was excited to see it as BTC.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: