Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:51:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Airdrop?  (Read 301 times)
AlexFox3162

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 10:23:30 AM

Hi, I would like to ask what is better AirDrop or Bounty??
Thanks for the answer)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 04:41:13 PM

-snip-

That probably was true for a while, but as time went on the term was used for other purposes (mostly by crypto marketing teams, I'd bet), which gave it additional meaning.

Only because people confuse the meaning. If you have to do work to receive the coins/tokens, it's compensation for services rendered, not an airdrop. This isn't one definition we're talking about. People would be changing multiple definitions of terms if we say that payment for participation in a promotional campaign is an "airdrop".

I've been around a long time, I'm telling you the correct definition. If y'all want to ignore me and keep spreading information, that's your choice. I also suspect that it's this kind of attitude, i.e., the low willingness to learn this industry, that leads to so many of you Newbies and Jr. Members becoming the target of the new merit system and other angst around the forum.

I'm trying to help you guys, ignoring me just contributes to your ignorance.

Hi, I would like to ask what is better AirDrop or Bounty??
Thanks for the answer)

This is a great question, but airdrops and bounties aren't really the same thing so it's hard to compare.

The answer depends on what cryptocurrencies you already own.

If you don't own any crytpocurrencies then you should check out a Bounty campaign, which is the act of getting paid for promoting some new cryptocurrency or token. This is income for you working on the promotion team. Some people incorrectly refer to this as an "airdrop".

If you already own cryptocurrency you can see which currencies/tokens are going to be the target of a hard fork (and therefore an airdrop) and then buy that target currency/token before the hard fork occurs. This will entitle you to receive the airdropped coin. Other (much less common) scenarios do involve simply registering an account with the cryptocurrency/token that's about to be released.

The disadvantage of all cryptocurrency ICOs is that if that reglardless how you obtain them or why; They are all very risk and most of them fail. So if someone is giving away tokens, go for it...take a shot. But know that most of these coins are never able to be traded for anything. You need an exchange to support the currency/token for you to exchange it for Ether or Bitcoin or some other mainstream currency. This often never happens.

The biggest advice I can offer is be VERY careful if you're considering buying tokens for an ICO. If they don't have a sound business model they will surely fail.
dangershadow

Activity: 88

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:08:03 PM

A Question is arising in my mind that if we receive these airdrop coins will we be able to use them ? I Mean to say that for example we got 100 Coins in an airdrop can we exchange them for other valuable coins after the launch or do we need to invest more in that coin to make those free coins eligible to work. I had some questions. Instead of making a New thread i thought this thread could be helpful. I just know a little about crypto. The only business i have done with crypto is to buy coins and sell them when they gain some value. Now i want to dig deep into this thing.
Rocky69

Activity: 429

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:22:34 AM

Hi I am new here..Just want to know that what is Airdrop? And how does it work? How to earn through it?
Airdrops  are nothing but promotional techniques used by companies to increase their prospect base. Airdrop is a free distribution of tokens/coins . A true airdrop will not require you to do anything, except putting  an Ethereum address  and your basic details like name , email etc  to receive the tokens but in some cases  you are supposed to follow the companies pages on telegram, twitter, Facebook etc .

to Sum up in air drop you earn free tokens/coins .
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 04:03:48 AM

A Question is arising in my mind that if we receive these airdrop coins will we be able to use them?

This is a great question!

The answer is: Usually not.

Most ICOs (regardless of how the coins are distributed or acquired) end up failing. The only way you're able to use your coins received from an ICO bounty campaign is if an exchange decides to support that coin. Then you can move them from the initial wallet to the exchange and trade them for another currency.

If an exchange doesn't support the new token/currency you will never be able to realize any value or "use them".

This is part of the major risk with new cryptocurrencies and why so many people are keen to acquire them "for free". Advertising a new token ICO in return for payment in those tokens feels like free money, therefore less risked.
Stevendion

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:00:25 AM

Airdrop is a free coin or token distribution by a cryoto company, which might require wallets, social media hurdles and referrals links.
Some airdrops are given when certain tasks or services are performed.. Airdrops are basically done to create awareness for a coin or token
SuiMikira

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:40:28 AM

Hi mate,
Airdrop is a campaign which a company run when they want to marketing their project. Participants will receive rewards in coin, token by doing simple tasks such as join their Telegram groups, like and follow Twitter or FB pages.
hiromichi

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:37:06 AM

There are two types of airdrops. Usual airdrop means projects wait for investors to get tokes, but the other airdrop airdrop means project give their tokens randomly to investors.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: