Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:55:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC] eBay Auction  (Read 1030 times)
Cryptology (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:17:58 AM

I'm test auctioning 0.1 BTC in eBAY here: http://www.ebay.it/itm/121363179174
Payment via PayPal.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:33:09 PM

Someone will buy it, get the BTC, and do a credit chargeback. You will lose the BTC.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:06:51 PM

Someone will buy it, get the BTC, and do a credit chargeback. You will lose the BTC.

Paypal / ebay give 0 support for cryptocurencies
Not to mention they charge ridiculous fee's on cryptocurrencies (on ebay).

You should put .1BTC on a physical wallet, and sell the wallet, so you can provide tracking to protect against chargebacks
Cryptology (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:21:19 PM

I'm aware of that risk. Thanks for the feedback.
ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:28:26 PM

You should put .1BTC on a physical wallet, and sell the wallet, so you can provide tracking to protect against chargebacks

I sold a paper wallet and it still got reversed successfully. That was a while ago when paypal detested bitcoin though.

Cryptology (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:59:23 PM

I sold a paper wallet and it still got reversed successfully. That was a while ago when paypal detested bitcoin though.

They seem to be more crypto friendly now. At least here in Europe.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 10:54:52 PM

eBay doesn't accept things with cryptocurrency in The Netherlands and it is against the terms of service of Paypal to buy cryptocurrencies with it I am pretty sure.
Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 05:28:42 AM

get ready for chargebacks

Available
PM me to rent this space.
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:19:00 AM

I'll buy it off you for Bitstamp current rate if you're interested.
Cryptology (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:22:43 AM

eBay doesn't accept things with cryptocurrency in The Netherlands and it is against the terms of service of Paypal to buy cryptocurrencies with it I am pretty sure.

eBay has a whole category dedicated to virtual currencies.
Cryptology (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:23:34 AM

I'll buy it off you for Bitstamp current rate if you're interested.

feel free to bid  Wink
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 06:52:32 PM

Its against the rules. You can get your paypal account banned.

Cryptology (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:21:02 PM

Actually eBay allows selling digital currencies but you're right with PayPal, they don't like it. I wasn't aware of this when I started the auction but now I know. In anycase I want to run this as an experiment so will let it go ahead and will not repeat using PayPal.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 07:24:02 PM

Actually eBay allows selling digital currencies but you're right with PayPal, they don't like it. I wasn't aware of this when I started the auction but now I know. In anycase I want to run this as an experiment so will let it go ahead and will not repeat using PayPal.

One trick to do is as soon as you get the paypal money, forward it to another paypal account. That way they cant chargeback.

Cryptology (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:27:40 PM

One trick to do is as soon as you get the paypal money, forward it to another paypal account. That way they cant chargeback.

Thanks for that. I'm pretty sure it will be a scammer to win that auction since they can afford to pay prices a legit trader will never accept. Anyhow for respect for honest people that have bid I will let it run and see what happens. Stay tuned.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 08:00:01 PM

Thanks for that. I'm pretty sure it will be a scammer to win that auction since they can afford to pay prices a legit trader will never accept. Anyhow for respect for honest people that have bid I will let it run and see what happens. Stay tuned.

Ok, well Good Luck!

Cryptology (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:22:14 PM

Just had a security concerrn and closed both auctions. This forum is plenty of scammers looking for all soft edges. Beware honest people.
To close the trade both bidders were given the opportunity to close the deal at their bidding price even if this is against eBays' rules. I'm sure eBay would understand.
Anyhow I do not recommend at all selling cryptos in eBay and even less collecting via PayPal. if you do that you'll end having trouble.
Stay safe.
C.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 08:24:41 PM

Just had a security concerrn and closed both auctions. This forum is plenty of scammers looking for all soft edges. Beware honest people.
To close the trade both bidders were given the opportunity to close the deal at their bidding price even if this is against eBays' rules. I'm sure eBay would understand.
Anyhow I do not recommend at all selling cryptos in eBay and even less collecting via PayPal. if you do that you'll end having trouble.
Stay safe.
C.

Yep. If anything, use something like skrill.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: