Print  
Author Topic: null  (Read 17925 times)
Crackmacs

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:38:22 AM

Just need a JohnStewartcoin.

I kept trying to post "in before someone creates a John Stewart coin" but the damn forum "you've posted once in the last 360 seconds" kept stopping me Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zombie123
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:49:33 AM

reserved
BitJock-e (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:29:56 AM

Hey bitjock, any updates?

If we are making a coin using somebodies name, they deserve to know and have a say in it.

Sure, we can just run with it and go ahead anyway, but that is not the path I want to take here. This is uncharted territory and we want to makes we we set a good example.

If the Colbert side comes back and says no-go, then its off.

If they get back to us and want to give this a go, then we will work hard to make sure this is done right and becomes the best damn altcoin it can be!

ColbertCoin

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:44:23 AM

If we are making a coin using somebodies name, they deserve to know and have a say in it.

Sure, we can just run with it and go ahead anyway, but that is not the path I want to take here. This is uncharted territory and we want to makes we we set a good example.

If they get back to us and want to give this a go, then we will work hard to make sure this is done right and becomes the best damn altcoin it can be!

Hello there.  I only just now noticed this thread of the announcement of ColbertCoin, after I posted in the Altcoin Announcement and Project Development sections of these forums.  I've spent much of the past several days forming thoughts about ColbertCoin, it's posted here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400735.0

I'm pleased with the direction you seem to be taking with this project, and am pretty surprised at how similar the thinking between both of us seems to have been.
boomerjackson

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:57:13 AM

Hello there.  I only just now noticed this thread of the announcement of ColbertCoin, after I posted in the Altcoin Announcement and Project Development sections of these forums.  I've spent much of the past several days forming thoughts about ColbertCoin, it's posted here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400735.0

I'm pleased with the direction you seem to be taking with this project, and am pretty surprised at how similar the thinking between both of us seems to have been.

I thought you two were the same person lol
ColbertCoin

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:01:49 AM

I thought you two were the same person lol
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!
boomerjackson

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:05:23 AM

Its going to be hard to get his or the producers blessing without anything backing the coin. I think the best course of action is make the best coin you possibly can and prove you has some value/worth to entice colbert and his show to use it.
BitJock-e (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:30:22 AM

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!

Lets get in touch this week and put our heads together, this is going to be a fairly big undertaking.

Send me a PM and we will take it from there.
BitJock-e (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:32:56 AM

Its going to be hard to get his or the producers blessing without anything backing the coin. I think the best course of action is make the best coin you possibly can and prove you has some value/worth to entice colbert and his show to use it.

There are potential legal hurdles here, I want this to be a smooth release on both the software and legal side.

necrodiety

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:38:15 AM

I'll give it two weeks before they get a cease and desist on using "Colbert" and his image on the coin.
rolanberry

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:00:36 AM

yay~
BitJock-e (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:28:53 PM

I'll give it two weeks before they get a cease and desist on using "Colbert" and his image on the coin.

Its easy to do this completely anonymously with no point of contact and let it run, but that is not the goal here.
odin99

Activity: 128

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:11:59 PM

this should be good.
boomerjackson

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:52:51 PM

updates?
suchnoob

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:21:23 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 05:36:20 AM by suchnoob

Can I make several suggestions?

Since it will be a very popular coin, and the man has some value, try these settings:
Max coins: no more than 500 million
Block rewards: 5k/block

In order to avoid severe coin depreciation like it happened to doge:
Block reward halfing: every month, or dependent on hashrate. (1month +-2 weeks)
Starting difficulty 0.25
First 1000 blocks only 1k/block reward *fixed
Difficulty re-target every 1000 blocks.
Difficulty max Up/Down +100%/-20%

You could make certain days related to the man's life (like his birthday, the show's anniversary editions etc) as bonus days.

suchnoob

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:24:42 PM

And make it Script-Jane.
iGoodw1n

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:09:15 PM

And make it Script-Jane.
Is there GPU miner for it?

BitJock-e (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:54:40 PM

Yes, we are leaning towards script.

So far we have some good submissions for a mock up of a  store and some other great ideas.

Keep the ideas coming guys!

Contact me via PM here or through the site.
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:53:10 AM

Bump.

How's this coin going?  Any news back from the RL Colbert?
spiffcow

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:19:44 AM

I think you should just do it without his consent..  And with a disclaimer saying something like "The OFFICIAL ColbertCoin!  Disclaimer: this coin is not endorsed, sanctioned, approved, or condoned by Stephen Colbert, the Colbert Nation, or Viacom.  Any resemblance to any person or fictional character, living or dead, is completely coincidental."  That's what Colbert would do!  Asking permission is a sign of weakness.  Also, on the same day, you should release BearCoin, the greatest threat to the ColbertCoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: