Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:00:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal and eBay are BS Scammers  (Read 3398 times)
CoinGeneral (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The General

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:47:59 AM

The only way you would be able to sympathize with me and be able to say 'I know that feel bro' is if you actually sold a few items on eBay. Most people are buyers, and rarely anyone sells. Yes, buying on eBay is probably a godsend because it's so cheap and so easy to do so. However, it's a different story for sellers, for sellers, eBay is a frustrating nightmare.

eBay and PayPal are so sad. They are scammers. I hate them both to death. I would not use their services if there was an alternative choice, but there isn't. They are the main auctioning company website, therefore they can charge anything they want and we have no other option other than to comply.

So I'm not sure if you have sold items on eBay or not, but I have sold some miscellaneous items over the years, and selling on eBay and PayPal has always sucked. I sold some graphics cards and other computer parts recently and all the fees associated with them was a b1tch.... Let's just say if you sell $60 worth of something heavy like a PSU or a graphics card, expect to spend at least $10 on shipment cost, don't forget the eBay 'invisible' listing fees that they add after the item sells, the other 12% eBay fees, and PayPal 2.9% + $.30 fees, and just like that you're probably down $25 or more. So from a $60 heavy item like PSU or graphics card you'll probably get $35 at the most.

What's worse is I've had three item returns already, two of them had no issues but just wanted to return it, and I had to give them back full refunds!!! Sure they get their money back, but I don't get any of the fees I've paid back, that's $30+ in shipment costs alone that vanished into thin air. At the same time, both eBay and PayPal keep the fees you paid, so if it's a $60 item that sold, they keep around $10 from the eBay and Paypal fees!! That's $60 I've lost for the 3 item returns I gave a full refund back to, for NO REASON!!!

Here's something I found out recently, there is a way to get back the eBay and PayPal fees from a refund, but NO you do not get the shipment costs back. You have to literally file a request to get those fee payments back after you do a refund, if you don't they keep all the money!!! Most people don't know about that and honestly I just figured that out too late!!!! So eBay just magically kept the $30 from me for no reason despite paying a full refund to the customers, don't forget the lost shipment cost either!!! BS!!!

Okay, I just went to the resolution center the way they wanted me to so I could receive my eBay and Paypal payments back. What I did was go to the resolution center and hit 'Buyer wants to return item' This makes sense right? I should be able to wait and be able to confirm that I received the item before giving them a refund, right? That's how this works right? WRONG!!! Now they give the power to the buyer. It's BS, it said NOTHING in the description that it works out this way. I sent the buyer the 'return item resolution request' BUT If the buyer hits 'accept' on the resolution request, he automatically gets the full refund, and no he hasn't sent the item back yet. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terrible company. I really hate how they earn MONEY from MY products. They didn't spend time making the listing, they didn't buy the item themselves or spend the time packing and shipping it out, yet they charge these completely ridiculous fees.

I don't know how other sellers are able to cope with this, but it's such a terrible company, I damn them to death, fuck eBay, fuck PayPal, fuck you fucking pieces of shit!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jrock

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:48:05 AM

I only skimmed your thread.

Ebay is a middleman and middlemen always take a % of your money.

I know some pro middlemen that deal mostly in virtual currency and online game accounts. They have such outstanding reputations and renown that they charge around a 40% fee. Granted they will, in most cases, sell the goods for way more then you would have on your own.

If you don't like Ebay "ridiculous fees" then go right ahead and sell your junk on your own, what's stopping you? Or hey go make a competitive Ebay site that has no fees, I'll sign up for that bro.

Also I've only sold like 6 items on ebay in my lifetime (cause I know how to sell my stuff on my own) getting your fees back is stupid easy and so are return disputes. You should read a little more, more often imo.

CoinGeneral (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The General

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:05:03 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2013, 12:24:25 AM by CoinGeneral

Also I've only sold like 6 items on ebay in my lifetime (cause I know how to sell my stuff on my own) getting your fees back is stupid easy and so are return disputes. You should read a little more, more often imo.

Yeah if you think returns are easy, then you have not dealt with them before.

http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/money-frauds-scams/44812-ebay-sucks-i-have-pay-shipping-fees-ebay-charges.html
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/183660/ebay-can-suck-my-silly-goose
http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Chat/Ebay-screws-sellers/td-p/2680425

If you are selling some random unwanted items then any price will do. However once you run into that bad buyer who wants a refund for no reason other than not liking the item, that's when you will suffer extra payments for nothing.

You're telling me to read despite you knowing little about eBay and me knowing a lot more than you about eBay? Maybe you should take your own advice, read this:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/refund-buyer.html

So they say to use Paypal to refund the item. However, do you get all your eBay and Paypal fees back? NO. You have to go through a shite ton of hoops to get them back, and I'm not joking. Otherwise they will keep all the 15% you paid for selling the item despite giving a refund.

Yeah. Read more:

http://pages.ebay.com/ae/en-us/help/sell/credits.html

You have to open a case in the resolution center for the '15% credits' to apply back to your account. If you want a full refund, get this, you actually have to call them up, LOL:

http://pages.ebay.com/ae/en-us/help/sell/refunds.html

Have fun using eBay as the paradise you think it is while you are suckered for every penny they take away from you.

RoiToi

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:22:47 AM

Coin General, I totally empathize with you, but you've gotta change up your game.

I'm a power seller with over 1000 fb, 100% on ebay. I make about $1800 a month after fees and taxes, for 15 hours/week.

I realized long ago, that whatever I sold on ebay, my profit margin would have to be 200%-1000% to turn a substantial profit.

That means buying things for $10 that you can sell for at least $30, if not more. I sell media and art.

Some items, like trendy electronics, toys, and clothing attract a scammy following.
I've frequently seen big arguments erupt over such things, so I in general avoid these items.

Paypal is a scam: they tag you TWICE, coming in, and going out. I hope they fail.

Ebay sucks, but you can work it, and turn the scam on them, by cutting deals outside of Ebay, avoiding the FVF.
Or you could list only during free listing offers, and cut your overhead down.
One trick that works in your favor for the rankings is to make everything free shipping, and figure that cost into your item price.

Where there is a will, there is a way, I think you can make it work to YOUR benefit. Its a worldwide market at your fingertips.

FUCK EBAY, use them like a tool, then tossem' out when they are useless.

DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:29:29 AM

We used to use PayPal when the DZ Miners Co-op was just starting up.

We banned them from our co-op after they took steps that are/were detrimental to BTC miners including seizing $26K of one of the DZ MC leaders PP funds for 6 months after someone did an illegal chargeback to that account. Great: so PayPal lets the scammer get away with a scam (karma won't let it go though you POS whoever you are), freezes the account, and won't release funds for 6 months just in case there's any more (illegal) chargebacks.

I say it's illegal because the buyer got exactly what was paid for, but still was a dick, and ebay sided with the scammer.

My own ebay acct I share w/ the wife has been limited for weeks because 1) I don't care about ebay anymore and 2) I did a chargeback w/ Amex for 2 BFL Jallys that were outside the 45 day PP refund window. Guess they didn't like me doing an end around on something they couldn't help me with anyway.

Screw you ebay and PayPal and your usurious fees. Soooo glad Bitcoin is eating your lunch.

Some co-op members still ask for PP to buy GB shares, but as the founder of this co-op, WRT to Paypal? Never, ever again.
ErnieRox

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

Novus ordo seclorum

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:37:14 AM

i've had nothing but crappy experiences with ebay and paypal as well, i can't wait until bitcoin takes over their services, then hopefully some type of peace is restored  Sad
RoiToi

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:59:44 AM

y'call wuts goin' on here peace?
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:09:12 AM

people are still finding this out?  Shocked

This is a good report and needs to be said, I thought everyone knew how bad Flea-bay and sister site Pay-Pinch are.

They have the monopoly and alot of copyrights! no one can get too close without infringing on this.

Death to E-bay, Viva la Bitcoin!!!!
RealDon

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:24:55 AM

eBay and PayPal suck and are miserable companies, get used to it. That's why there's bitcoin! Grin
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:28:53 PM

That's like saying "Death to Walmart, Viva la Dollar!". Like, what? Those are 2 completely different things. One is a business, the other is a currency. Get your shit straight.

Yes, ebay and paypal fees can suck, but middlemen always get paid. Your local grocery store that accepts credit card also has to pay a fee every time a CC gets swiped, much like paypal get paid whenever you receive money through their service. Just deal with it. The only reason why I see people bitching about it is through the fault of the users abusing the system or lying/scamming, and using social engineering to get ebay/paypal on their side.

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:03:36 AM

That's like saying "Death to Walmart, Viva la Dollar!". Like, what? Those are 2 completely different things. One is a business, the other is a currency. Get your shit straight.

Yes, ebay and paypal fees can suck, but middlemen always get paid. Your local grocery store that accepts credit card also has to pay a fee every time a CC gets swiped, much like paypal get paid whenever you receive money through their service. Just deal with it. The only reason why I see people bitching about it is through the fault of the users abusing the system or lying/scamming, and using social engineering to get ebay/paypal on their side.

Wow, really sorry for expressing my own views over the internet, Won't happen again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: