Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:55:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is DOGE dying or does it just need a vet?  (Read 1662 times)
decrypter

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 07:14:03 PM

Talk about the markets and facts, don't presume to know anything about me or what I mine.
I mine what is profitable. I have zero loyalty to any coin. And my feelings are not hurt if someone
trash talks a coin I mine. I just don't care. I'm in it for the $.

I'm sorry if a smack of reality hurts your feelings. But your precious doge appears to have had its time in the lime light. Its time to move on.
Or you can just stay attached to the coin for whatever bizarre reason you may have. Cut your losses. Don't hold onto a loser. Move on.
Why you even write in this thread if you don't care??!! Makes no sense.

And btw, multipool.us mined DOGE the whole day, until two hours ago. So your profitablity calculation isn't very good, bro.

http://abload.de/img/dogeallday4kqdu.png

Now show your bullshit facts.

The OP asked for an opinion on DOGE. I'm giving my opinion. If you don't like my opinion. Ignore it.

Your image is really meaningless, all it shows is that multipool chose to mine DOGE. Multipool is not representative of the entire universe of miners out there.
What percentage of miner's does it represent? What demographic of miners does it represent. What correlation is there if any between the price of a coin and it being mined on multipool? Does it rise or fall? You conveniently choose to ignore all of that.

Let's look at something which is better at representing the OVERALL state of DOGE not just what multipool is doing:
http://imageshack.com/a/img27/3269/1y3h.png

The price is falling & the total network hashrate is falling. Those are the facts.
You can draw whatever conclusion you want from that.
Mine what you want, its your hardware and you pay the electricity bill.

singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:33:57 PM

I'm sorry, the price is not a purely a function of difficulty.

In cases where the price is to a large extent driven by multipools which mine the most profitable coin and then immediately sell this coin for bitcoins, then the price is not purely function of difficulty, but in the end the difficulty and price are sort of influencing each other very strongly. Even slight price change down will cause these miners to mine something else, lowering diff, then the supply will lower and price will rise again close to the original value. Price change upwards (someone suddenly buys ton of DOGE) will cause miners to shift to DOGE, temporarily mining more (and pushing price down and the diff up) until the diff adjusts.

So it is more like diff is function of price, with some delay.

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:36:29 PM

Let me get this straight..the multipools are driving down the cost of Doge?

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
decrypter

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 07:41:11 PM

I'm sorry, the price is not a purely a function of difficulty.

In cases where the price is to a large extent driven by multipools which mine the most profitable coin and then immediately sell this coin for bitcoins, then the price is not purely function of difficulty, but in the end the difficulty and price are sort of influencing each other very strongly. Even slight price change down will cause these miners to mine something else, lowering diff, then the supply will lower and price will rise again close to the original value. Price change upwards (someone suddenly buys ton of DOGE) will cause miners to shift to DOGE, temporarily mining more (and pushing price down and the diff up) until the diff adjusts.

So it is more like diff is function of price, with some delay.

Well said. I agree. Price & difficulty are related and influence each other; this relationship is strongest in coins which have little outside influence. Other coins such as bitcoin, is more impacted by acceptance or rejection of it in the real world. For example, the recent crash due to China policy changes.

Price and difficulty are related, but its not a closed system, there are other factors.
jayso043

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:10:18 PM

At current prices (0.00000031btc), the 500,000 per 1 min block mining supply, needs each day 223.2 of BTC demand to match that supply, each and every day to at least maintain that price. Some motivated buyers will have to come into the market to bid up the price. Given that approx 20bn of the 100bn coins have been mined, and the decline in price, it makes sense for miner to sell any stock produced while difficulty was higher into the market as soon as possible. Mining difficulty is already reducing thus maintaining the profitability of the coin at these lower prices as for each Hash the payout in coins is approx double that a few weeks ago when difficulty was higher. If you buy coins you need to understand the supply side, and you will see that the features of this coin will ensure that it will go below 0.00000010. Try doing a scatter plot of the price of each script coin in btc vs the daily supply and you will find that you can determine coins that are over/under valued.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: