Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:50:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously, why would anyone want $20 Billion Dollars?  (Read 1717 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 09:48:24 PM

Please help me understand the thoughts of people who actually want (for example) $20 Billion Dollars.

I'd like to accelerate the spread of knowledge.

With $20,000,000,000 I could open a "Flying Spaghetti" Monster temple in every city and  beside every large church, and educate people about brainwashing while feeding them free pasta - the body of my lord.

https://www.venganza.org/
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hunterWood

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:52:48 PM

It depends on the person. Personally if I had 20 billion dollars I honestly think I would not spend it partying, and put it towards changing the world. Of course I will also get me a super model hot girlfriend. But I think my focus would be more on changing the world.
Cardan0

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:18:50 PM

Please help me understand the thoughts of people who actually want (for example) $20 Billion Dollars.

With $20,000,000,000 I could open a "Flying Spaghetti" Monster temple in every city and  beside every large church, and educate people about brainwashing while feeding them free pasta - the body of my lord.

No wonder you can lick your own boob. Grin
Cardan0

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:22:46 PM

Guys, we are all so poor that our dreams don´t extend beyond "a few millions". There are things out there that are really cool and cost much more. Not that I know of many, but if you want to f*king cry go here

See... confortable middle class now looks terribly boring, don´t you think?

Don´t forget that you need to get there

https://www.avbuyer.com/aircraft/private-jets

https://www.boatinternational.com/yachts-for-sale
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:47:48 PM

Your question seems to be about what you can do with a certain amount of money... for yourself. But why can't it be about what you can do not only for yourself but for others ?
You say that with 20 billions you could be a king ? Maybe I don't wanna be a king, maybe I just want to help change the world.
If your "thing" is animals, open lots of shelters.
If your thing is to help autistic people, imagine what you could do with 20 billions.
And maybe you have more than one thing : homeless people, cities destroyed by a natural disaster, helping third world regions to develop...there is so much to do !

There's got to be a cause you believe in and there is never enough money to help.

5 millions is more than enough for one person (duh !) but 20 billions is far from enough if you want to make this world a better place.
Supreemo

Activity: 443
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:04:59 PM

,it is a matter of contentment in life. some would prefer to be middle class to have more freedom than any high profile persona, but some also would prefer to be more than what they achieve, maybe because of something we don't know about, each one has their own goals in life, they also have their own reasons why they want this and that.
arcds9

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:19:12 AM

because it's human nature...he is not satisfied until it fulfills his demands....
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:49:30 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2018, 04:12:42 PM by xtraelv

With $20,000,000,000 I could open a "Flying Spaghetti" Monster temple in every city and  beside every large church, and educate people about brainwashing while feeding them free pasta - the body of my lord.

With US$20 billion and your own religion you can also afford to do lots more marketing and get even more money and solve world hunger with free pasta.

One colander at a time.

If you lived in Zimbabwe before their currency went out of existence you would have wanted more than $20 billion. Since a $100 Trillion banknote was worth around US$300 (When issued) Now they are a novelty sold on eBay.

At least with $20 billion dollars you could actually buy a small item. $5 million you could staple together (if you had lower denominations) and use it as a notepad. (Although you may not be able to afford the staple)

Taking your wallet was painful.

But the answer of why someone would want $20 billion also depends on where you rank on the Selfish / Selfless scale.

On one side would be private golf course, helicopters, mansions and power.
On the other side of the scale would be solving the worlds problems and power to make those changes.

So the short answer would be : Power, control and things. Things for your self or things for others. With a preference for US$

The other answer could be - if you were Satoshi - to create a revolutionary crypto currency that will change the world and leave that value stored in bitcoin  wallets untouched so that there is confidence, scarcity of supply and growth (and change the world).
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:46:42 PM

For now, even 20 billion dollars would do, even less but your point taken exactly even after getting that I'd still won't be happy and would want more, is just the greed of human nature to become God like
Alex31207

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:21:53 AM

There's no such thing as money.When a person has a lot of money he has more requests.But the more money a person the more he is experiencing for them and that's bad
Squishy01

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:19:28 PM

Well, we all have our own wants and needs but I get what you are saying. It is just that to be honest, people are allowed to want 20 billion dollars just because they want.

If you were to offer me to choose between $5 million and $20 billion, of course I'll choose the latter. I know that I would not be able to use it all for myself, but I can give away to charity and the homeless all the excess. I can invest in tons of businesses, help out small ones, and just generally help other people out while having more than enough myself.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:10:20 PM

Its funny to see hoow many people say that if they had the money in questions they'll not only think about themselves but about saving/changing the world. I believe this thought would not longer exist once presented with the money because just then you realize how much more you need as an individual - its just being human!
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:42:25 PM

when 5 million and 20$ billion, of course, 20 $ billion will be an option, but someone will never be satisfied with what is owned, but we will feel proud if it is real, but this is just a funny dream
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:43:19 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2018, 06:49:16 PM by Sutters Mill

Who said they want 20 billion? I doubt many people actually want to be billionaires or would know what to do with all that money if they had it. Mo' money mo' problems as they say. The average person wouldn't really be able to spend it all anyway. Personally I'd be happy with a few million. All I want out of life is a nice abode and enough money to be comfortable with till the end of my days. Maybe a bit extra to go traveling or whatnot.

Guys, we are all so poor that our dreams don´t extend beyond "a few millions". There are things out there that are really cool and cost much more. Not that I know of many, but if you want to f*king cry go here

See... confortable middle class now looks terribly boring, don´t you think?

Some of those look very affordable, like only an order of magnitude more than a house in a decent neighborhood. What's the catch? No high-speed internet? Commute 100 miles by boat? Island-owners association fees?

I would be careful buying an island. Some of them you can't even build anything on... as in you're not allowed. Imagine shelling out a few mill for an island then just camping on the beach  Grin. They'd probably be some restriction about that as well due to wildlife conservation or some other bullshit.
ClayDouglas

Activity: 104

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:54:28 PM

It depends on the person. Some people just want $200 dollars so that they could take pictures with it and post it on Facebook. I would hate is such a person suddenly had 20 billion because they are of a frivolous, insecure kind of mindset.

But a person like a Mother Teresa could do wonders for the world with 20 billion dollars.

I perhaps could invest on something that could change the world for the better, but that people don't really care about because it's not a faster processor, of content consumption device.
logicalq

Activity: 77
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:14:21 PM

why did Hitler want to take over the world? some people are really insatiable.
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:11:25 AM

why did Hitler want to take over the world? some people are really insatiable.

Power. Money = power these days, but I think Hitler's motives were merely more tyrannical and megalomaniac than pure greed. For instance, there are many greedy people on this planet that want more money and the power that comes along with it, but most wouldn't murder millions for it. Most millionaires or the super rich are happy with their mansions and islands but likely have no interest in genocide and war.
Real_Person (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 27

Smarter Contracts: "Quietly Making Noise"

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:01:16 AM

Please help me understand the thoughts of people who actually want (for example) $20 Billion Dollars. Depending on where you live, wouldn't $5M be about enough?

"Poor man wanna be rich,
Rich man wanna be king,
And a king ain't satisfied,
'til he rules everything..." ~The Boss

Could you be happy (for example) in a comfortable middle-class life? In case you do not know, excess money can create related problems. Seriously, why would anyone want $20 Billion Dollars?

There is no middle class.

It's done, for your information:
http://fortune.com/2016/07/13/middle-class-death/
https://medium.com/social-club/the-myth-of-the-middle-class-5fbd37256b13

The middle-class is not completely gone, but there is a lot of stress and fear in many places.
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:07:29 PM

A $20 Billion dollars is an ocean of money and why would anyone want such a huge amount? It is simple, because there is no end to human wants. So long as a man breathes, there is no limit to his wants, forgetting that they are insatiable.
Daltonik
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1490

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:02:21 PM

Money is needed so much to be ignored, but it is not 20 billion but much less but how much is another question. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: