Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:06:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BUYER BEWARE: BITCO MINERS SCAM  (Read 18868 times)
EMPower1

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:13:30 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 02:33:06 PM by EMPower1

I have ordered miner, cost 2199USD. Unfortunately I paid.
I canceled the order, of course they answered that they return me money, but it was last message from them.
Now they not answer  for may emails.

The bank account details which I recived from them is:
    Account Name: NH Equipment Ltd.
    Account Number: 13029859
    Sort Code: 20-52-74
    Bank Name: BARCLAYS BANK PLC
    IBAN: GB93 BARC 2052 7413 0298 59
    BIC: BARCGB21 (*some countries requires 11-digit Swift Code. In this case please use BARCGB22XXX)

But from the previouse post in this topic you can notice different account number/id.
Janis Construction Ltd.
IBAN: GB93 BARC 2095 6100 6377 34
BIC/Swift code: BARCGB22
Branch address: 46A Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 2BB, United Kingdom

On the web page you can check informations about this fake companies. Of course this is scam.
http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/nh-equipment
http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/janis-construction

They are definitely scammers.

I lost  2199USD. I plan to report it on the police.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Group Bitcoin

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

Cloud Mining & Colocation

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:38:35 AM

So are there any legitimate mining contract companies?

Yes groupbitcoin.com

I happen to know it's genuine because I run it !

Well you look good but how do I know you're not just another scammer?
Does anyone else from this site have a good word to say about you?
If they do and when I get another BTC, I'll probably give you a go so thanks
I think

Well we started in November as a group buy for some equipment, we have lots of happy members it's a bit sad really that people only seem to get mentioned on here for doing bad stuff, for ripping people off. Haven't seen anyone talk about us much and we've got quite a lot of members now we're on cloudminingreviews.com but not much else.

Really horrible to see people STILL getting scammed by Bitcominers I first heard about them from someone on our live chat trying to get me to order from their website in broken English?! then a few of our customers told me they'd been ripped off.

Any scams will normally be mentioned somewhere on here, shame people don't check out the forums before they buy, surely if they accepted Bank Transfers to a UK account for a while the police will catch up with them ? Surely It's pretty hard to run a fake Barclays account ?!

Group Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:49:26 AM

I have ordered miner, cost 2199USD. Unfortunately I paid.
I canceled the order, of course they answered that they return me money, but it was last message from them.
Now they not answer  for may emails.

The bank account details which I recived from them is:
    Account Number: 13029859
    BIC: BARCGB21 (*some countries requires 11-digit Swift Code. In this case please use BARCGB22XXX)

But from the previouse post in this topic you can notice different account number/id.
Janis Construction Ltd.
IBAN: GB93 BARC 2095 6100 6377 34
BIC/Swift code: BARCGB22
Branch address: 46A Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 2BB, United Kingdom

On the web page you can check informations about this fake companies. Of course this is scam.
http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/nh-equipment
http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/janis-construction

They are definitely scammers.

I lost  2199USD. I plan to report it on the police.

From personal experience you have to provide a lot of info! to open a Barclays business account. I would strongly suggest you contact Barclays ASAP in the morning explain exactly what happened maybe send a link to this thread, they should hopefully freeze these accounts while they investigate it and you might even recover some of the frozen funds if they've taken loads of orders there should be lots of money which is hard to move especially if its a new account you can't exactly take it all out in cash.

I'm certain if someone calls Barclays that has been scammed tomorrow and explain whats happened they will limit those two mentioned accounts and investigate the business.

laxsmarts

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 06:34:52 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 06:44:56 AM by laxsmarts

Your order has been received and is now being processed. Your order details are shown below for your reference:
Please send your bitcoin payment as follows:
Amount (BTC):    
Address:    
15NqaDNJnyR8oYYMq9Jy8B7LR8JQr25tKu
QR Code:    

Please note:

You must make a payment within 1 hour, or your order will be cancelled
    As soon as your payment is received you will receive email confirmation with order delivery details.

Order: #2448
Product    Quantity    Price
Per 1 TH/s Bitcoin Mining Contract (3 month) (#BTC1T03M)
   1    $2,250
Cart Subtotal:    $2,250
Shipping:    Free Insured Worldwide Express Delivery (DHL Or FedEx By Our Choice)
Order Total:    $2,250
Additional information

Your Bitcoin Wallet (for Bitcoin Mining Contracts):

iv sent them over $3000 for 1.1 ths and now your telling me this..... im so stupid dont know what to do now my coin is sitting in there bitcoin account.
https://blockchain.info/address/1AxvR8dCUZWzvooPGo1km2UAkJtmKFsQ2s

I have atleast 15 emails from them

I have there banking info also. i have talk to them for over 1 1/2 months i dont understand how this could happen

i fought wildland fire to get that money it was all i had. man if any one knows anything i can do to get some of it back please tell me
Group Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 10:37:35 AM

Your order has been received and is now being processed. Your order details are shown below for your reference:
Please send your bitcoin payment as follows:
Amount (BTC):    
Address:    
15NqaDNJnyR8oYYMq9Jy8B7LR8JQr25tKu
QR Code:    

Please note:

You must make a payment within 1 hour, or your order will be cancelled
    As soon as your payment is received you will receive email confirmation with order delivery details.

Order: #2448
Product    Quantity    Price
Per 1 TH/s Bitcoin Mining Contract (3 month) (#BTC1T03M)
   1    $2,250
Cart Subtotal:    $2,250
Shipping:    Free Insured Worldwide Express Delivery (DHL Or FedEx By Our Choice)
Order Total:    $2,250
Additional information

Your Bitcoin Wallet (for Bitcoin Mining Contracts):

iv sent them over $3000 for 1.1 ths and now your telling me this..... im so stupid dont know what to do now my coin is sitting in there bitcoin account.
https://blockchain.info/address/1AxvR8dCUZWzvooPGo1km2UAkJtmKFsQ2s

I have atleast 15 emails from them

I have there banking info also. i have talk to them for over 1 1/2 months i dont understand how this could happen

i fought wildland fire to get that money it was all i had. man if any one knows anything i can do to get some of it back please tell me

There's not a great deal you can do if you've sent them Bitcoin, If you have their Bank details contact the bank they're with ASAP and hope the Police catch up with them before all the monies gone. $3000 is a lot of money but it would never buy 1.1TH/s cloud mining for a long long time.

laxsmarts

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 03:18:37 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 03:54:49 PM by laxsmarts

why is there site still up? every one help me to take it down b4 they can steal other peoples money. Let me here your battle cry brothers!!

Im sry to hear about what happen to you Groupcoin i just dont know what to do now i cant believe i was that dumb. here is all the info they gave me if it help any one track them down.

You Sent

2.74420323 BTC ($ 2,216.58)

Value at time of transaction $ 2,245.69

Hash
f5eec48051df46ab2a7a889cb...
Sent Time
2014-02-01 20:41:35 (+3 minutes to confirm)
Confirmations
328 Confirmations
Double Spend
No Double Spend Detected
Transaction Fee
0.0001 BTC

Please contact our Sales Department to get the payment details for Bank Transfer.
Include your order number in payment reference/description (“Order #XXX”)
Payment Details

Account Number:
ScammersSuck

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:26:05 PM

Yea.. I got owned for USD 70. I tested the waters first (it looked too good to be true). I thought what the hell.. let's rip Cheesy

I would never give a unknown company with no track record more than that (70 was too much in any case).

Supposedly pay out is 30 days after contract was activated, so in 5 days time I'm suppose to get payment. I'm not getting my hopes up, but lets see.

But I see a scammers paradise with bitcoin mining. You can make insane amount of bitcoin with little repucation.  Post a few group buys or just fake website, decent prices and voila. Easy bitcoins.

edit: Reading about the change in banking details (or not accepting all of a sudden) tells me it's 100% scam.
peeticek

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Me and my friends made an order together for 650ghs on 11.january, so first bitcoins should arrived to my wallet next week Smiley

I changed some emails with "BRIAN", and he was quite polite and english was also pretty good.
I asked him, why they keep coins so long, why they dont offer at least a weekly pay out, but his answers were diplomatic.
The price per ghs was extremely good - i was thinking, that the reason for that is, they have a possibility to sell them via MtGox for very good prices and then buy another via bitstamp or so + if they manufacture the HW, the cost of machines are much lower, than BFL or KNC.. I dont know why i was so greedy and stupid..

After 2weeks, my good friend called me - Hey they changed their contracts, 1ths+ contract have wekkly pay out scheme, WE HAVE TO order one..
I was very surprised and lucky, but i had also bad feel from ordering another power from them  -especially when we didnt received coins from first contract..
Unfortunatlly, after few days, i agreed with his proposal and ordered another 1ths contract for 2250usd -- 50/50 Me/friend. I paid in BTC of course..

Now, i found this topic.. :-/

+ i lost 1.49btc, which i sent from my Multibit wallet to another personal wallet, so hell yeah - good days for me in bitcoin field :-/.

Btw - let these mothf----- down!

PeeT
dexu

Activity: 155

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:19:31 PM

Can i report it to the police online? I'm from Poland.
geomad

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 04:49:38 PM

So, there is no way to get your money back now? To bad this scammers can get away with all of it..
I see now their facebook page and twitter account are gone.. I was logged in when it happened and
i saw they changed their facebook account to qwe*** something, i did not see it all thou i was in a
hurry reading this scam-rapport..
I was really looking forward to get in to cloud mining, but now all my invest are gone..  Sad guess we
need to learn the hard way..
If any has some tips to some nice mining contracts i´m all ears.

And also, i´m a little bit confused about the thread starter, screaming scam but the user itself has a
-4 in trust.. Can we trust him/her?

Sure, everybody´s assuming scam, they don´t deliver and the whole "to good to be truth" thing going
on, but i still think it is so confusing nobody has anything to complain until now, what happened to all
the ones ordering from them? Why haven´t we heard anything until now recently?

Where they good until one point or scammers all the way?
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 04:59:17 PM

So, there is no way to get your money back now? To bad this scammers can get away with all of it..
I see now their facebook page and twitter account are gone.. I was logged in when it happened and
i saw they changed their facebook account to qwe*** something, i did not see it all thou i was in a
I was really looking forward to get in to cloud mining, but now all my invest are gone..  Sad guess we

And also, i´m a little bit confused about the thread starter, screaming scam but the user itself has a

Sure, everybody´s assuming scam, they don´t deliver and the whole "to good to be truth" thing going
on, but i still think it is so confusing nobody has anything to complain until now, what happened to all

Sometimes it takes a scammer to know a scammer Smiley

testbug

Activity: 883
Merit: 556

cryptohamstr.com - Pool OP

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:39:43 PM

Guys, rly.

Why did u actually sent BTC or real money to them? Don't u think it's strange, that this page is selling 2TH/s miners much lower and "in stock" compared to other "real" companies telling they will send them out on march/april this year?

That page is claming to sell bitmine.ch miners. So i emailed bitcmine.ch support, asking if they know that shop and if they are cooperating with it.
Here is the answer i got:

Dear XYZ,
It has come to our attention the last month this site that claims to sell our miners.
I can assure you that we have no partnership with them,no communication at all and if in any case you proceed on buying from them I cannot guarantee you the quality of the product that you will receive and when that will be shipped to you.

I hope this is helpfull for someone.
Group Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 11:28:59 PM

I was really looking forward to get in to cloud mining, but now all my invest are gone..  Sad guess we

Check out groupbitcoin.com if you're still looking into cloud mining, I happen to know it's genuine because I run it !

James222

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Wassup?

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:13:27 AM

Thanks. I would've liked to rent a miner from them. It sucks cause they had good prices Tongue If only it was true
ScammersSuck

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:59:05 AM

Me and my friends made an order together for 650ghs on 11.january, so first bitcoins should arrived to my wallet next week Smiley

I changed some emails with "BRIAN", and he was quite polite and english was also pretty good.
I asked him, why they keep coins so long, why they dont offer at least a weekly pay out, but his answers were diplomatic.
The price per ghs was extremely good - i was thinking, that the reason for that is, they have a possibility to sell them via MtGox for very good prices and then buy another via bitstamp or so + if they manufacture the HW, the cost of machines are much lower, than BFL or KNC.. I dont know why i was so greedy and stupid..

After 2weeks, my good friend called me - Hey they changed their contracts, 1ths+ contract have wekkly pay out scheme, WE HAVE TO order one..
I was very surprised and lucky, but i had also bad feel from ordering another power from them  -especially when we didnt received coins from first contract..
Unfortunatlly, after few days, i agreed with his proposal and ordered another 1ths contract for 2250usd -- 50/50 Me/friend. I paid in BTC of course..

Now, i found this topic.. :-/

+ i lost 1.49btc, which i sent from my Multibit wallet to another personal wallet, so hell yeah - good days for me in bitcoin field :-/.

Btw - let these mothf----- down!

PeeT

ALmost fell for the 1Ths weekly pay scam. But no way I'm handing USD 2000+ over on the web without knowing a company at all.
laxsmarts

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 07:14:37 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 04:42:36 AM by laxsmarts

i called the police and the FBI are looking into them. its international theft i guess. i sent them one last email saying "When your buba's b***h I'll buy you a honey bun to take the taste out of your mouth"  Grin

take it from me being a ripped off for $3000 sucks!!!! but lesson learned and i hope that know one else has to go though this with theses guys
gorgeouskykhan

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 10:49:07 PM

Dear Forum,

I am wictim of that website, too.
I ordered totally 50GH/s bitcoin mining for 3 months at January, 22, 2014.
I wait to my order will be processed. They said that it is processing.

Today is 5th February. It means that more than 12 days are gone out.
But they said “launch in 7 days”.
Fortunately, my waste of money cost is nearly 100 dollars valued as bitcoin.
I did not use Bank Wire Transfer. Because I live in Turkey.

I wish I would see your post before I purchased some b.s orders from bitcominers.com
I noted that their website is not opening at this time.
Also, some users may ordered 4TH/s contracts, too as their comments on BitcoinScammers link;
http://bitcoinscammers.com/bitcominers-com/#comment-1427

Unfortunately, that website has got best offer, but it is not real.  Cry
laxsmarts

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 04:44:20 AM

hey who was hosting Bitcominers? i found cloudflare but im just not sure
ScammersSuck

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:01:44 AM

So their website went down  Undecided. There goes our money.

Just very happy I'm out $70... and not more. Sorry for everyone that invested more...

Edit : I would love to know how much they made in 2 months. By the sounds of it, freaking  $100k + easily.
Bandidos

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:41:01 AM

Let us know those personalities and we pay 50BTC.
We WILL find them and we WILL hunt them down  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: