Bitcoin Forum
October 01, 2024, 10:47:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Full transaction history of imported keys?  (Read 513 times)
phr33 (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:03:19 PM

Hi,

I'm a bit paranoid and don't like to throw away old private keys. You never know if you will need it some day for some reason.

Anyway, I decided to import the private keys from other clients I've played around with. The final balances of all addresses were zero. I imported them to a separate otherwise empty wallet.

Looking at the transactions I can see a handful of the latest (a couple of days old) transactions to and from the imported addresses, but all older transactions are missing. I tried the usual "Reset blockchain and transactions" but with no effect.

So, are the missing transactions some kind of error or due to smart handling/filtering of old transactions?

Thanks,

My BTC input: 1GAtPwoTGPQ35y9QugJueum5GzaEzLYjiQ
My GPG ID: B0CCFD4A
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 05:17:22 PM

There is no filtering of transactions (in 0.5.16) no.
It could be the date in the private key import file was not early enough - it has to be earlier than the first transaction date. (more details here: https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_importASingleKey.html)

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
phr33 (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:53:54 AM

There is no filtering of transactions (in 0.5.16) no.
It could be the date in the private key import file was not early enough - it has to be earlier than the first transaction date. (more details here: https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_importASingleKey.html)

You are 100% right! I didn't realize the import date mattered. Re-importing with proper dates fixed my issue. Thanks! *tip in the jar*

My BTC input: 1GAtPwoTGPQ35y9QugJueum5GzaEzLYjiQ
My GPG ID: B0CCFD4A
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: