Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:59:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance! Attention! Be cautious!  (Read 420 times)
Badisee (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:39:22 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (1)

Binance users are receiving letters with an invitation to test a new application for Windows for a reward of 0.5 BTC, which 'will go to your Binance account. All you need to do is download and enter your data.

This is phishing! Attackers try to get personal data in this way, to access your money. Binance does not distribute 0.5 BTC for testing Windows applications. Be careful!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptogideon19

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:55:43 PM

Thanks to the reminder bro. For sure, no exchange will provide such value just for download. Such a binance is one of the legit market. So I just want to know who can victimize it. It might be just a beginner.
loismanny88

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:06:09 PM

Binance users are receiving letters with an invitation to test a new application for Windows for a reward of 0.5 BTC, which 'will go to your Binance account. All you need to do is download and enter your data.

This is phishing! Attackers try to get personal data in this way, to access your money. Binance does not distribute 0.5 BTC for testing Windows applications. Be careful!

Wow dude, thanx a lot.
I didn't get anything like that but you can never be too careful.
shalaza

Activity: 283

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:25:43 PM

A fellow who is not greedy would not in a twinkle of an eye that it is a scam. Who gives 0.5 BTC for just testing an app?? People just devising means of robbing fellow humans everyday
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10731

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 08:35:29 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 08:53:09 PM by DdmrDdmr

Yes, you’re right. There’s a Reddit topic that had an image of the alledged email from Binance: https://www.reddit.com/r/binance/comments/8khcbw/be_careful_with_this_dont_do_it/.

There are so many scams around now that you really have to be wary and have all your senses on constant alert. This case was pretty obvious due to the high reward, but others are more suttle and use an URL that is very similar to the original but changing a character.
I also found a link somewhere to the file to download and, fortunately, it now seems to be pointing to nothing.
crypto002

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:52:17 PM

Thanks for the information mate
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:58:04 PM

Yeah yeah...
It's sad that phishing still exists these days.Just simple common sense there isn't a campany who would give out 0.5BTC for just testing an application, only fools would fall on that but thanks for sharing common awareness.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Elerntta

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:58:39 PM

Thanks for the warning. I do not understand that in the minds of such people who create such mailings. Why are the relevant organizations not engaged in the calculation of such criminals and deceivers?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:02:49 PM

I haven't received any email phasing for this. Which is the good thing as it indicates that their database is not leaked which would be terrible. Binance is trying to be one of the top when it comes for caring for their customer security. It is sad tho that you are not able to defend yourself with phasing. Many ICO bounty campaigns sell your email and thus it could be the reason on how they have your email address. It happened to me the other day ad I have received an email stating tron ico is on to me to give them my money for tokens which is obviously a scam. Thank you very much for this warning as if you helped at least one person that is an excellent work. Thank you.
datniccy97

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:07:41 PM

Thank you for informing the community, I myself have been a victim of phishing (luckily only a tiny amount) but it's disgusting there's so many moral-less scammers in the space right now
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:08:37 PM

Yes, you’re right. There’s a Reddit topic that had an image of the alledged email from Binance: https://www.reddit.com/r/binance/comments/8khcbw/be_careful_with_this_dont_do_it/.

There are so many scams around now that you really have to be wary and have all your senses on constant alert. This case was pretty obvious due to the high reward, but others are more suttle and use an URL that is very similar to the original but changing a character.
I also found a link somewhere to the file to download and, fortunately, it now seems to be pointing to nothing.

This shows how important it is to have different emails for different purposes. The vast majority uses pretty much a single email for everything, it has no meaning in that. The chance for you to fill out a form and then receive thousands of sophisticated phishing scams is too big.
Nonie

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 09:13:06 PM

phishing again? waw this is very dangerous everyone should be careful this is often the case, hope no one is stuck in phishing web thank you this is good information friend

Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:17:29 PM

The amount that will be given is already questionable.
I am already done with those freebies that are offered even the lowest one.
Dont sign up on anything or do not give even a single detail to them.
That is based on experience already. One hack from those a-holes and I learned.
Even if it is almost true. Better just work for it. More satisfying than freebies.

Thanks though.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:18:51 PM

How are they targeting just Binance users? Did their e-mail database get leaked, or has their mail server been compromised? If it is either of these, then that's a big problem for the exchange.

Could you please add a screenshot of the email so we can see the send address, I would like to see if they're spoofing the domain.

Pretty difficult to phish a tech savvy crowd, but no doubt they'll get somebody.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:28:51 PM

There was a thread created yesterday: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3957525.msg37714723#msg37714723
Could you please add a screenshot of the email so we can see the send address, I would like to see if they're spoofing the domain.
As per the above thread,their domain is: support@binancesupport.co
And the screenshot:

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 575

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:33:59 PM

How are they targeting just Binance users? Did their e-mail database get leaked, or has their mail server been compromised? If it is either of these, then that's a big problem for the exchange.

Pretty difficult to phish a tech savvy crowd, but no doubt they'll get somebody.

But there are still a lot of non-techies out there, you might got caught in this phishing attempt. However 0.5BTC reward? Lol, I guess many can still fall for this trap because of the supposedly huge reward being offered (around $4K-$5K). I think someone already posted link in Reddit to see the actual email being sent out, although the screenshot doesn't display the originator or the send address. Anyways, its good that this community can share warnings like this so that the chances of us getting phished is slim to none.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
lida311993

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:35:31 PM

I also trade on Binance and thank you for the warning. I also often receive letters from this exchange. But usually they are marked with flags.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:58:38 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 11:15:05 PM by Thirdspace

lol... who in their right minds would give out 0.5 BTC for testing an application?
an exchange, such as binance, will probably hire professional testers for development testing
if it is an open beta test, I doubt they give out that much... probably just a special discount on trading fee

AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:07:58 PM

Oowh, thanks for reminding us. The award of binance to us is very high,  so it is questionable. Its a great help to us. I like trading in binance because some of my tokens is there and transaction is fast. So thanks for the info friend.

mayukus4life

Activity: 277

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 11:09:10 PM

Thanks for this very vital information, links from an important site like this should be properly scrutinized before opening, you need to check their twitter handle or telegram group because there are phishing sites trying to extract information on the increase because cryptocurrencies are gaining ground.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: