Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:20:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Show is a Failure  (Read 5384 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 11:38:58 AM

This is my take as a viewer since the inception of the first Bitcoin Show episode.

Simple put: The Bitcoin Show is a FAILURE because:

1. Over exaggerated comments Bruce has made that has been shown to be untrue.
2. Lack of content.
3. Blatent censorship/ignoring of important questions (i.e. Why an Mt. Gox auditor needed the plaintext database of users).
4. Unrealistic expectations of bitcoin saying bitcoin only goes "up up up".
5. Making claims of security/decentralization being VERY IMPORTANT then having 25000 btc in one place on a third-party site.
6. Taking 20 shows to get an audio issue fixed. Seriously if you can't hear the show what's the point in watching it.

I do respect the fact that Bruce did come on-air and addressed the mybitcoin.com fiasco but that does not take away from the fact that the show he runs to promote bitcoin is a failure.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlockHash

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 03:32:12 PM

This is my take as a viewer since the inception of the first Bitcoin Show episode.

Simple put: The Bitcoin Show is a FAILURE because:

1. Over exaggerated comments Bruce has made that has been shown to be untrue.
2. Lack of content.
3. Blatent censorship/ignoring of important questions (i.e. Why an Mt. Gox auditor needed the plaintext database of users).
4. Unrealistic expectations of bitcoin saying bitcoin only goes "up up up".
5. Making claims of security/decentralization being VERY IMPORTANT then having 25000 btc in one place on a third-party site.
6. Taking 20 shows to get an audio issue fixed. Seriously if you can't hear the show what's the point in watching it.

I do respect the fact that Bruce did come on-air and addressed the mybitcoin.com fiasco but that does not take away from the fact that the show he runs to promote bitcoin is a failure.

Thank whatever deity you wish, I'm glad that someone else with a higher post count voiced this opinion. It's completely true. It started out as a good show with some vision, and now it's just a mess of ego and poor judgement - IF - it even airs at all.  When he does have a show, it's a giggle fest with his laptop. I was alright with that for a while, but it's annoying to watch him interview someone while he fumbles around with his laptop paying only passing attention to his guest. It's amateur hour at its finest.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 04:03:30 PM

You guys should link to your favorite Bitcoin show.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 04:06:45 PM

Or start your own if you think you can do better.

Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 04:15:47 PM

I think people scared bruce away.  He posted on twitter that he wont be taking part in these forums anymore.
Zman0101

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 04:19:00 PM

I like what Bruce and the guys did on the show for the community... As far as getting the word out. However, the editing on the show is terrible, them having their laptops open during an interview..."Yea that's not what you do ! ". I'm a communications major from Seton Hall University and i studied editing and film as my minor. Graduated now.. Thank God! Im probably going to start my own Bit Coin News show. Keep the episodes 5 to 10 min long. Nothing crazy. Just keep it straight and to the point. In my personal opinion i think we need a better spokesman for the face of Bitcoin. I'm not saying I'm the answer, but ill give it a shot. The shows have to be informative, cleaner editing, and have guests that actually matter. With a more professional look... Will attract more people to accepting Bitcoin.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 04:26:09 PM

I think people scared bruce away.  He posted on twitter that he wont be taking part in these forums anymore.

Maybe so, but he'll need to engage his critics and their criticisms(ignoring the trolls) if he wishes to produce a better show/product. He does believe in bitcoin, and he's also one of the main PR activists at the moment, but he's gotta go away and polish his show and work. If he can come back with an A-Game that get's over the items complained about here, then it's better for all of us, and those that genuinely appreciate the effort will be happy to recognize this.

Main bitch on my part:
Laptop during interviews! Not on! Be professional, give your guests your full attention and engage them to get to the good stuff.
Zman0101

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 04:34:33 PM

I dont think the Bit Coin show was a failure... Its just work in progress.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 04:46:54 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2011, 05:19:26 PM by teflone

I added Bruce to facebook, asked him a simple question about the state of bitcoin.

What are your thoughts on the current price plumet?

After 3 of his responses asking What current market situation? and several other aloof comments saying nothing of importance or relavance

I quickly removed him from facebook..

Roll Eyes

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Capitan

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 05:43:17 PM

The show is a failure and reeks of scammy, pump-n-dump, sleaziness. Having this as the "face" of bitcoin destroys any hope of BTC having any credibility. The community's best option would have been to ignore and/or denounce him, or otherwise be very critical of the show's flaws from the start. That way the community distances itself from the show until it proves itself.

Just listen to Bruce talk about how Bitcoin will only go up and up, and the way he talks fast (like a con artist) and only says positive things about bitcoin, and focuses too much on the profitability of BTC. The studio set is straight out of the furniture catalog of what amateur con artists think will make their cheap show appear credible.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 07:05:02 PM

I could never even bear to watch a full episode.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 07:27:10 PM

I think the show was fun to watch at times. there was some very interesting announcements made.

but i have to agree that it had the feel of an armature show at times.

and it really sucked to see Bruce all depressed after the mybitcoin thing. After that, he was Bashing bitcoins sometimes.

But hey if he makes another show ill be watching it and so will you Tongue

Its fun to watch him GO, UP UP UP, even tho it sometimes boarders on ridiculous.... makes it fun!

I think he can do better, if not someone else will.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 07:39:31 PM

I think the show was fun to watch at times. there was some very interesting announcements made.

but i have to agree that it had the feel of an armature show at times.

and it really sucked to see Bruce all depressed after the mybitcoin thing. After that, he was Bashing bitcoins sometimes.

But hey if he makes another show ill be watching it and so will you Tongue

Its fun to watch him GO, UP UP UP, even tho it sometimes boarders on ridiculous.... makes it fun!

I think he can do better, if not someone else will.

If you listened to the NPR audio from the other day, you'll hear Bruce state that that $25,000 wasn't his.

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:12:22 PM

If you listened to the NPR audio from the other day, you'll hear Bruce state that that $25,000 wasn't his.

Oh, I see... Well, this brings up a question.

Did he lie to NPR, or did he lie to all of us? Bruce Wagner's own words on this forum after mybitcoin disappeared:

Actually, Ed & I are only ONE account holder.   We had 25,000+ Bitcoin in only one of our accounts -- the largest one of about a dozen accounts we had there.

Read the whole post at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34617.msg431056#msg431056 if you want to.

Which implies that at least a lot of that is his own bitcoins. Honestly, though, if it was someone ELSE'S bitcoins entrusted to him that he lost that's even worse. It means someone trusted him, and he simply fobbed it off to someone else instead of trying to be the one to secure and handle the coins.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:37:49 PM

i don't think its as bad as you all describe, but its not worth my time to watch. everything i saw on the show i knew already.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 09:47:28 PM

This thread is a failure.

1. Pointless whining
2. Unwarranted self importance
3. Not accomplished anything
4. OP did nothing for bitcoin except justifying personal greed.
5. troll post
6. fail
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:47:54 PM

Or start your own if you think you can do better.

I don't think I could do any better. That's not the point. We all have our strengths and Bruce obviously is in the right position just with possibly the wrong vision or attitude or outlook.

Just because we disagree with how the show is going doesn't necessarily imply we think we can do any better of a job.

I just think he could do a better job than he is currently.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:52:17 PM

This thread is a failure.

1. Pointless whining
2. Unwarranted self importance
3. Not accomplished anything
4. OP did nothing for bitcoin except justifying personal greed.
5. troll post
6. fail

Your posting here indeed describes yourself in your 6 points of failure on your part. Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 11:21:58 PM

The show is a failure and reeks of scammy, pump-n-dump, sleaziness. Having this as the "face" of bitcoin destroys any hope of BTC having any credibility. The community's best option would have been to ignore and/or denounce him, or otherwise be very critical of the show's flaws from the start. That way the community distances itself from the show until it proves itself.

Just listen to Bruce talk about how Bitcoin will only go up and up, and the way he talks fast (like a con artist) and only says positive things about bitcoin, and focuses too much on the profitability of BTC. The studio set is straight out of the furniture catalog of what amateur con artists think will make their cheap show appear credible.

THIS!  + 1million

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Frozenlock

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:18:51 AM

I still don't see any other Bitcoin show.

Until then, I'm an OnlyOneTV fanboy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: