Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:20:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bignews: Facebook to implement Bitcoin Payments on their Advertising Platform  (Read 1288 times)
visaco (OP)

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:18:34 PM

There is a rumor out now that Facebook has, or is, implementing Bitcoin payments on their advertising platform. The image below was sent to Bitcoinboard this morning by an employee of Facebook in Netherlands who is participating in the test:

facebook-ads-bitcoin-payment

There is an option there to pay with Bitcoins on the Facebook Payment page, however, I can not personally confirm if this is legit or modified by someone else.

Bitcoinboard writes:

At this moment you can pay for advertising with a Creditcard, Paypal and FB Ad coupons. It is not yet clear when the option to pay with Bitcoins becomes available for the public, but this confirms that they are at least very interested in the crypto currency, and willing to integrate it into their website. If the company currently holds Bitcoins or is actively buying them is unclear. Last year a former Facebook executive said in an interview that he had BTC & had invested a lot in it. He even went as far as calling it a “Gold 2.0″.

This story may be false, but we will follow it and see if anyone can confirm or discard it.
source:
http://bitcoinboard.net/facebook-accepts-bitcoin-on-advertising-platform/

I have told you NEM will make you a millionaire and we have made it ...IOST is the new baby Money making machine.  keep an eye on this little Monster...
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:24:25 PM

Too good to be true.

But I can say one thing with 101% confidence.... if any of the online giants (Amazon or Google / Adsense or Facebook) starts accepting Bitcoin, then the exchange rate will go insane.

I am talking about exchange rates in the range of 1 BTC = $5,000 to $10,000.  Grin
DeepCryptoanalist3

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:26:00 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 02:43:11 PM by DeepCryptoanalist3

This image below was sent to us this morning by a employee of Facebook Netherlands in Amsterdam, who is currently participating in the test.

Obviously fake. If facebook would like to use it they will just enable it. Speculations.
FenixRD

Activity: 364

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:49:19 PM

This image below was sent to us this morning by a employee of Facebook Netherlands in Amsterdam, who is currently participating in the test.

Obviously fake. If facebook would like to use it they will just enable it. Speculations.

Maybe. But partitioned and regional rollouts are pretty standard in the industry. For a FB example, take the staggered release of the "autoload videos" thing, and the timeline, and many other things. Google is even more tricky with their releases. Fiber, for one. Also the mobile chrome "compression" feature. Granted those are more hardware and CDN-centric issues, with google there. But still.

I actually find it more likely for this to be true than not, and that FB will roll it out by region, some regions perhaps not getting it for a very long time. Netherlands is very plausible legislatively. Also with the FB exec's comments, and the Winklevoss connection... Yeah. I buy it. If it isn't true, it should be.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
DeepCryptoanalist3

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:51:54 PM

Maybe. But partitioned and regional rollouts are pretty standard in the industry. For a FB example, take the staggered release of the "autoload videos" thing, and the timeline, and many other things. Google is even more tricky with their releases. Fiber, for one. Also the mobile chrome "compression" feature. Granted those are more hardware and CDN-centric issues, with google there. But still.

I actually find it more likely for this to be true than not, and that FB will roll it out by region, some regions perhaps not getting it for a very long time. Netherlands is very plausible legislatively. Also with the FB exec's comments, and the Winklevoss connection... Yeah. I buy it. If it isn't true, it should be.

Regional rollout is a very different thing than enabling a feature to one random unknown guy.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:53:18 PM

... read thread first ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400194.0
FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:54:29 PM

Regional rollout is a very different thing than enabling a feature to one random unknown guy.

Haha... Idk why I'm going to explain this, but I will.

We don't have the liberty of statistically random sampling of devs so we are relegated to the assumption that there are more, but they have more to do than report in to us here at bitcointalk, especially since they may reasonably have been told specifically to keep it under wraps.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:00:44 PM

New poster, no official sources, dramatic title. Fake.
FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:21:51 PM

New poster, no official sources, dramatic title. Fake.

Well, the likelihood of a fake is high, but not because of that (new poster). You can follow it to bitcoinboard.net and then there are no sources beyond "FB NL tester sent this to us".

Also, having examined it, the header of the PNG does have a Photoshop tag, which is kinda funny because if it was a fake, it could just as easily have been done in Paint  Roll Eyes

-Citizenfive
DeeSome

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:34:44 PM

Does nobody read the posts

It was already been posted yesterday,

and most people agree it's fake, with a certain degree of proof.

Why fake something like this?

Someone has already posted, somebody getting ready to dump a fair amount of coins, an announcement likie Facebook accepting BTC is enough to hike the price.
FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:35:55 PM

Someone has already posted, somebody getting ready to dump a fair amount of coins, an announcement likie Facebook accepting BTC is enough to hike the price.

Also seems like they'd want to save the FB card and ride the Zynga/NFLX wave first

-Citizenfive
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:36:30 PM

rule of bitcoin don't talk about dumping coins unless your dumping coins  Smiley

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:53:17 PM

So the news was fake afterall... little bit disappointed. When Bitcoin Examiner covered it, I thought that there was some truth behind the news. Anyway, lets focus on the positive news for the day.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: