Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:39:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I do anything with a Dell Power Edge 1800 server  (Read 1116 times)
hankhill69 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:57:13 AM

Hello Everyone,

Is there anything I can do with 3 Dell P1800 servers? mining, hosting something, anything at all related to alt coins?

Any and all suggestions welcome

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maardein

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:18:02 AM

You could make some nodes, or start a pool. Or maybe a faucet site.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:16:57 PM

Mine CPU coins.
hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:23:14 PM

You could make some nodes, or start a pool. Or maybe a faucet site.

Is there anyway you could point me the right direction to get the pool started?

Thank you alot, I am also doing some research now.
D05GTO

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:13:19 PM

I've had some descent luck mining PTS=Protoshare (CPU mining) with some servers I had that was idling.  Best to use YAM's optimized miner though.  I used Ypools miner but it is a dog compared to the YAM miner.  Took me day to figure out where to get it, which one to use and get it set up on all the servers. LOL

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:28:52 PM

I've had some descent luck mining PTS=Protoshare (CPU mining) with some servers I had that was idling.  Best to use YAM's optimized miner though.  I used Ypools miner but it is a dog compared to the YAM miner.  Took me day to figure out where to get it, which one to use and get it set up on all the servers. LOL

Do you mind if I can PM you or somehow get in contact with you so you can guide me. I am a finance analyst, not a computer engineer, and I would definitly reward you for your time.

Thank You
D05GTO

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:35:10 PM

Sure, hit me up.  Will be happy to help.

D

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:46:38 PM

Sure, hit me up.  Will be happy to help.

D

How soon can we start this? and in your opinion would the server better be used hosting a service for a coin or something along those lines?
D05GTO

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:05:28 AM

Sent you a PM.  Think hosting a service may be more than you can handle with a day job Cheesy  Unless that is your day job. 

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║