yes - 47 (20.8%)
maybe - 23 (10.2%)
idk - 33 (14.6%)
maybe not - 29 (12.8%)
no - 94 (41.6%)
Total Voters: 226

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtrend started?  (Read 9461 times)
segeln

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:04:30 AM

It is going up again:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:04:53 AM

I didn't say I'm not bearish Cheesy Just that I still disagree with your analysis. You continue looking at a time frame of the latest uptrend (the one that started at around Christmas), and then show (correctly, as I would say) that this trend broke. But then your conclusion is actually much larger than that: you say your outlook "for a few weeks" is bearish. I don't know how you would come to that conclusion, unless you add a large dose of EW axioms (which I am extremely skeptical about).

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
dnaleor (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:30:32 PM

At bitstamp, the trend is definitely broken. Check this 4h chart

But gox is still struggeling. We will enter a bearish fase for a couple of weeks if that happens.
segeln

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:43:14 PM

not yet

MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:17:17 PM

not yet

God.

U would redraw that line everytime.

We are 20% from the high of 48 hours ago. Seems like a bit of a downtrend to me, or is 20% underwater in 2 days simply 'consolidating'?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
oda.krell
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:20:31 PM

dnaleor, come on man, work with me here Cheesy

I already agreed: the previous "Christmas trend" is broken. What I don't agree with is your pulled-out-of-nowhere claim that we'll enter a bear market for several weeks as a result. That part requires a bit more evidence, no?

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
bambou

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:31:45 PM

I already agreed: the previous "Christmas trend" is broken. What I don't agree with is your pulled-out-of-nowhere claim that we'll enter a bear market for several weeks as a result. That part requires a bit more evidence, no?

nothing very TA there, but i would assume that increasing impatience would be some kind of an indicator. I mean, reaching 1200$ in only 1 month and trying to consolidate the month after must have led to some more speculators being impatient for the next wave. Hence they would be more sensible to downward variation in price as the euphoria from last rally is calming down: bear market here we go.

one thing interesting would be to measure the speculation forum's traffic to figure when people are getting impatient/agitated?!

Non inultus premor
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:32:43 PM

+1  Be brave man!! No reason to fear a two week bear market with all this bouyant weightlessness!   Wink

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
dnaleor (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:50:16 PM

just a "gut feeling", no TA:

I just think we went towards 1000 usd too fast (even for bitcoin).
There was only 5 days with BTC price above 1000 USD in the "china bubble" (excluding gox here, because who wants to cash out there anyway?). That is not enough time for triggering people cashing out. As a result, we saw the crash. Some people regret that they were too greedy and did not cash out above 1000 USD. So when 1000 USD is approached again, people tend to sell.

We need slow growth to have less volatility. I was certain the recent uptrend would trigger some volatility so decided to watch the market closely when we approched 900+ USD.

I am a longterm bull and do not want to cash out. I believe in a world with BTC as main currency. But sometimes, it is not bad to keep some distance from your investment and "feel the market". I only trade the "large trends" and this was an opportunity I took.

PS: I never sell during a rally with new ATHs, because it is very unpredictable how high the top will be.
PPS: When I sell, I want to buy more BTC. I do not want to have my profit in dirty fiat.
segeln

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:59:27 PM

yes i will but it is in the utmost case a  beginning sideward moving since there are no bad News resulting and forcing in an downtrend

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:00:16 PM

Hopefully this is the last spanner in the works from China.  Undecided

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:06:50 PM

At this point we have heard the worst China has to say.  There will be more positives coming on a weekly basis throughout the world.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:10:46 PM

At this point we have heard the worst China has to say.  There will be more positives coming on a weekly basis throughout the world.

+1 - there is a lot coming now and to come and this is why the price is so bouyant - market sentiment is actually good!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:17:54 PM

yes i will but it is in the utmost case a  beginning sideward moving since there are no bad News resulting and forcing in an downtrend

i'm getting reaaaaaaaally tired of saying this but bad news doesn't 'force in a downtrend'. that's simply not how price behavior works.

also, @ roeland, trading on "gut feeling" is a terrible idea that will yield results worse than chance. you will end up lagging sentiment instead of leading it and will be pick-pocketed by every better trader.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
dnaleor (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:22:04 PM

(...)

After the april bubble and crash and rebounce uptrend, there was no bad news either. We just slided down from 180 USD to 65 USD in a couple of months. I do not think such a large downtrend will happen due to the fact that we have more media exposure and users, but a small one, yes, that is a real possibility...
segeln

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:23:33 PM

i'm getting reaaaaaaaally tired of saying this but bad news doesn't 'force in a downtrend'. that's simply not how price behavior works.
so you think  News  like
FBI will sell BTC of the SR Raid
or
USA will shutdown BTC Exchanges
won`t affect Prices?
Not really,or?
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:24:22 PM

so you think  News  like
or
won`t affect Prices?
Not really,or?

i never said it doesn't affect prices. i said it doesn't "force in a downtrend".

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:27:13 PM

Hopefully this is the last spanner in the works from China.  Undecided

At this point we have heard the worst China has to say.  There will be more positives coming on a weekly basis throughout the world.

+1 - there is a lot coming now and to come and this is why the price is so bouyant - market sentiment is actually good!

I truely believe in bitcoin and much good stuff is coming. Hope that no other countries adopt the Chinese way of enforcing bitcoin.
Bitcoin is resilient enough to survive and keep on going as long as the internet is not censured. Bitcoin keeps recovering from these "glitches" which proves that bitcoin is really good.

Well I'm in for atleast 3 years of Hodling and gathering more. Either I make it big or I lose trying Smiley

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
segeln

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:28:16 PM

i never said it doesn't affect prices. i said it doesn't "force in a downtrend".
That`s rabulistic or hair-splitting
nastybit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:31:58 PM

so you think  News  like
or
won`t affect Prices?
Not really,or?

first option: it does, because the market cannot absorb it, the rest will panic sell

second option: it does, my estimate is beyond $1...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: