Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:32:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: That's kinda stupid...  (Read 803 times)
davispuh (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:03:43 PM

I've always really disliked all forums (and other sites) where you're forced to make some first useless posts. That is I can't post where I wanted even if my account is more than a half year old. I just never had any need to post anything. When I'll be allowed to post I'll probably have forgotten what I wanted to say and thus I won't bother with that. I think better approach is just captcha solving required for posting if you're new member or something.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wannabitcoin

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:12:26 PM

ok dude.

Donations are accepted:
BTC:  1NCrF3F6S6T511dedU1puWXhs1bEVmLuY8
LTC:   LPksBuKVNWvLaiBKG4wDDCF3fqrQoTL7Sg       XRP: rLubad3VQxaeT6qk43jEGPJX7ADkMBkwTM
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:25:43 PM

First world problems

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
mistress_magpie

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Retired from the mistressing business

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:28:11 PM

welcome to the site Smiley write your question in a text editor and post it in once you are liberated from newbie jail!

1MEuWAgzeArG9sittnqhuTHkMtgvirZvuS
parpapapa

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:32:49 PM

I agree. I just wanted to register here so I can post in GIVEAWAY threads. One solution is to make "giveaway only" board where newbies can post too.
BTC-TK

Activity: 154
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:33:33 PM

Admins force opening accounts to take a certain amount of work thus worth significantly more to you in case you get banned than for them to press the "ban" button.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:17:21 AM

How can you lurk for more than half a year without ever learning how the newbie restrictions work? Maybe you should lurk harder next time.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
sushifhcat

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:19:16 AM

I think newbies are meant to read the newbie instructions. I just did.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:52:35 AM

How can you lurk for more than half a year without ever learning how the newbie restrictions work? Maybe you should lurk harder next time.
"Maybe" it's a bought account

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
BigMac
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:27:19 AM

lurk harder lol Tongue

davispuh (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:26:48 PM

What you mean? I never visited Newbies section as never had need and I did read "NEWBIE README" before I started this thread, why you think I don't know how it works? It's exact reason why I'm posting here now Cheesy
1jynC699jC45

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:43:40 PM

I agree, I also always really disliked all forums (and other sites) where you're forced to make some first useless posts. I just never had any need to post anything. When I'll be allowed to post I'll probably have forgotten what I wanted to say and thus I won't bother with that. I think better approach is just captcha solving required for posting if you're new member or something.

But maybe now i can post in the market place because I am looking for some translation services.
0_jason_0

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:46:32 PM

agreed
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:50:12 PM

I understand your side of this. Also you have to understand forum holders side, that he wants to minimize spam on this forum and that he is doing this because of this. Maybe there is some better what to do it, but they chose this one.

NorrisC

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:27:35 PM

First world problem  Wink
kinger

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:44:06 PM

It is to stop people from spamming. Spam kinda messes up the appeal of the forum if there is too much of it.
c4113n

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:51:25 PM

As annoying as it is, it's a good idea
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:29:14 AM

What you mean? I never visited Newbies section as never had need and I did read "NEWBIE README" before I started this thread, why you think I don't know how it works? It's exact reason why I'm posting here now Cheesy
It never occurred to you that the Newbies section just might contain information that is relevant to people who are new to the forum, such as yourself? This is something that would, in fact, occur to someone was actually lurking for more than half a year (first rule of lurking: find out information that pertains to newcomers). Like I said, lurk harder. Wink

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
evgamine

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:31:46 AM

nothing else to worry about?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: