Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:00:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold AND Silver Bitcoins Available! Starting at 20% Above Spot Price!  (Read 4359 times)
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 05:09:27 PM

MyBitcoinMint issue this coin so they should put the logo to endorse the quality

also can you add a serial number ?
also can u add date on each coin ?

Adding serial #'s and dates would require new dies for each minted round. Perhaps adding the year could be done, but we would still need new dies in Jan. We did not want that added cost for our customers.

My Bitcoin Mint
Sound Money...from your hard drive, to your hand!
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 05:21:23 PM

I would agree the name should be on there - it should just be non-prominent, and on a single side only.  Identifying the origin of the coin is important - having people think the coin is promoting the mint rather than Bitcoin is not the desired result.

I suppose I speak as someone who has my name plastered all over my coin.  For my particular application, an assertion of origin is critical - but I also was very deliberate in keeping the primary side of my coin strictly limited to being as generic to Bitcoin as possible.

Also, I want to draw attention to the fact that there is good vector artwork published for the big B logo, just google "bitcoin vector logo".  Specifically, there is one detail I notice is commonly missed - on the big B, the stroke at the lower-left-most corner should end in a slant, not parallel to the one above it.  In other words:

._____
|_  <-Top Stroke
   |   | |   )
   |    ---   
._|   | |   )
/_  <-Bottom Stroke

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 07:32:20 PM

I would agree the name should be on there - it should just be non-prominent, and on a single side only.

This is the jist of my complaint. I don't argue against having mint marks, web site address, company name or any other such thing on the coin, I argue against it being so prominent! Look at any U.S. coin for example, there's stuff all over it identifying where it was minted, what country minted it, etc. but the face and reverse of every coin is a portrait, building, or some other image. The image is prominent both heads and tails, not the minting information.

Practically every .999 silver coin in existence carries adequate markers that you can identify the mint, quality of the coin and some other data easily, but most do not carry giant advertisements for the mint on an entire side. This coin is supposed to commemorate Bitcoin, not your company.
mila

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 02:35:06 PM

hi Gabriel,
could you, please, confirm the premium on gold coins to be 20% over spot (and availability)?
thanks, mila

your ad here:
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 05:35:36 PM

hi Gabriel,
could you, please, confirm the premium on gold coins to be 20% over spot (and availability)?
thanks, mila

I can confirm both! Send me a PM if you'd like to order.

My Bitcoin Mint
Sound Money...from your hard drive, to your hand!
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: