Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:50:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USA still on the cutting edge, at least by world standards  (Read 586 times)
Questing (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:50:08 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 12:36:48 PM by Questing

Lets face it, USA have taken a very sensible approach to this new technology. They have shown themselves to be aware of the subtleties of this technological advancement. Or at least to the point where they haven't knee jerk reacted to badly. Not like China or Thailand.

China on the other hand have shown the people making their decisions are less than fully informed. The next few weeks are going to be oh so very interesting to watch, bitcoin vs china authorities 31st deadline. Better than a Hollywood thriller! And there will be a movie made about this one of these days. But China are only going to make things worse for themselves the longer they hold out on bitcoin. As sooner or later, they will be forced to publicly reverse their decision. Or watch from behind a closed door, as the rest of the world benefit endlessly from friction-less payment systems. And more!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:06:36 PM

And more!

Billy Mays, is that you?

Really though, that you prefer one country's bs over another's doesn't put the former on the cutting edge. That title is reserved for those who do the right thing, all the way, first. Not for the lesser of two weevils.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:21:54 PM

USA is not the land of the free it's the land of the regulated. The more educated the more they demand to be regulated. I think if people who founded the country would see the congressman and senators talk about bitcoin they would flip in the graves.

I love freedom and bitcoin if hope for freedom but Americans (average every day) hate anything that is not in order and regulated. Thank god for the few of un wierd who love bitcoin.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Questing (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:20:15 AM

And more!

Billy Mays, is that you?

Really though, that you prefer one country's bs over another's doesn't put the former on the cutting edge. That title is reserved for those who do the right thing, all the way, first. Not for the lesser of two weevils.

Haha lol. Great answer. Yes, the title is way to much. And US gov have only held off fighting btc, because they learnt their lesson trying to fight bit torrents. So nodoubt in my mind, they will gallop up behind btc and try throwing a rope around it at some point. And achieving that, god knows what they would do to it. And it might be a difficult beast to domesticate, but they have boundless resolve. Much good can still come of btc regardless.

But on the plus side, btc roams free for now!

So I guess my point is, they understand btc enough to take pause. better than China's open fight policy. I am riveted by what will happen over the next few weeks, as the china ban deadline approaches. Will Chinese buy or sell while they still can? How will the gov react if they choose to buy buy buy?

Are the Chinese really buying at the rate indicated by fiatleak? Why am I suspicious
http://fiatleak.com/
Questing (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:30:25 AM

USA is not the land of the free it's the land of the regulated. The more educated the more they demand to be regulated. I think if people who founded the country would see the congressman and senators talk about bitcoin they would flip in the graves.

I love freedom and bitcoin if hope for freedom but Americans (average every day) hate anything that is not in order and regulated. Thank god for the few of un wierd who love bitcoin.

Absolutely! The governments really do have a desperate urge for control, don't they. I'm amazed at the lengths they go to spy on everybody. The gov back door they have had computer manufactures install! Wow, there really are no limits to what they will do. Im an Australian, which is a great country, but our gov is much the same as USA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: