Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:33:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 01:25:55 PM

Rofo, you placed valid-error at the bottom of the pool list, but it still has the 1. in front of it, looks better with the numbers updated Wink also, I think market price needs to be determined, before approaching exchanges. buy / sell prices are too far apart in the exchange thread.

Very sharp - left that there as recognition that he gave us the first pool and will revert the numbers back around when the hashrate evens out. Tongue I don't think we have much say in determining the market price, that's up to the market and what people are willing to buy/sell for to be honest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yabit

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:28:14 PM

9iB88mDm8sBdXGXJxaQq78aozE3XULNzA9

thank you!
dealhunter

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:29:04 PM

9eD2JYhhGJQ9qof4etZvX6Zqq1EQLSJ6qK

thx!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:06:07 PM

I think you missed my edi Rofo,, added the following Smiley

maybe it is also a good idea to give a general plan and timeline for spending of the premined coins in the ledger.

eg. 
10 mil coins as wages for your work
100 mil for giveaways the coming year
50 mil bounties this year
etc.

also makes it transparent what you plan to keep for the time and effort you put into the coin.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:07:40 PM

9mck7r1kbQAUowM9gZyqHp3XP4xwtZt9uC tnx
xazure

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Thanks for help! God is a ....

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:12:54 PM

I am mining NOBL now. Cool.

= ThisWeeksCoin official forum. Register and get free coins=
 BTC: 1DwAMz2RStUGccSu3yToR8qTmWrNfc8t7W   XPM: AJT3Uwh4MhmWX2LGcsKt3bYMmpVoGiF8cU   DTC: DAzY75RbKUWxpMSUTqzRAzBBi3JfAU7gWL   PTS: PvDxuV9VvBg1WhE4ABQNRNedNNh5FSb3PS
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:29:16 PM

Noble coin should take it nice and slow, allow the interest to build before going on the exchanges. That means, about a week from now.

Make sure you get this on coined up and coin ex. Than on to cryptsy.

More importantly, keep up marketing and such promotions. If you can occassionally do giant give aways in separate threads - this attracts attention from previously ignorant browsers of these forums. I know you stated you wanted to keep this thread as the main give away, but such separate thread promotions have their own pull in the forums.

Just make sure you link the main thread so they come in here to get the wallet and learn about Noble coin.

This is one good way of spreading the word. Even better if it is a giant giveaway with conditions such as 'vote for this coin on this exchange' etc or leave a comment on the main thread, etc.

'Giant give away' as in each qualified person gets 50,000 Noble or more. I think the premine could cover one of two such give aways.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 02:46:45 PM

Our first faucet is up (thanks Wolf Rainer) and can be found here:
http://admindependencia.net/nobfaucet.html
:
It pays out every day at 0:00 AM GMT -4.

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 02:50:15 PM

Sorry yes I did, and I think a plan of expenditure is definitely the next level of our attempt at transparency. We will most probably release an initial plan within the week. We have a lot to stay on top of, and hitting an exchange (with a value then assigned to the coin) will also help us begin to to put a more solid price on work/bounties/giveaways. It will also help us plan/decide (with continuing input from everyone here) how to most productively start spending for growth without negatively impacting the market in any way.

The majority of it we want to go towards tangible, constructive development of primarily projects related to the marketplace, networking merchants, fair rewards for solid improvements and contributions (rather than blind giveaways), mobile apps. that make using and trading NOBLE simpler, and promotion such as blog articles, news, social media, etc. We also don't want to pay large sums up-front or all at once. We would like it to be ongoing work that is consistent (and can be monitored/stays in line with the current steady stream of extra NOBLE being released) - to prevent someone being paid large amounts (that our users wouldn't even know initially if it were legitimate or not) and immediately just dumping all of it on an exchange. We also have plans for at least 10%-20% of it going towards charitable work (that can be verified as legitimate with a larger, trusted organisation) that helps us, helps others, and helps NOBLE merchants (win-win-win). A bit stereotypical yes but we're strong believers in karma and know that by helping others we also help ourselves (in business and on a personal level).

We want our reserves to last at least a year - we don't want to hand it out to everyone on this forum for nothing so that it can be sold at a whim (not accusing or saying everyone acts like this) on the exchanges the second we hit with no real gain except short-term for those who got it for free. I'm sorry if that feels a bit harsh but we wanted to reward newcomers during the first week or two to get us on our feet. Not blow it all in a massive share and dump over the space of a month.

Not trying to dance around the issue - in some ways we kept such an amount to cover any bases with an overall idea but not too many specifics. The most important thing for us is to minimise distrust and spending appropriately while maintaining our initial vision for this whole project. A vision we have begun to explain and realise, but one we want to grow naturally with the demands and changes of the market.

We've also got a 48 hour giveaway going here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=409488.0 that's reached more than 180 giveaways in less than 12 hours (the plan to keep it to this thread vanished pretty quick since external giveaways are 20x more effective at getting the word out). 2000 doesn't seem like much and we may increase the next one, but one thing we didn't want to do was degrade the value of the time miners put into the coin.

Our next giveaway we intend to combine into social media (not spamming), for example 1000 for a thread bump + address, 1000 to follow us on Twitter, 1000 for Facebook, etc. etc.

In terms of rewarding myself for my continued work I'm not sure - I'm enjoying this as is (and get passive income from other sources so I'm not struggling), seeing the community grow and getting a lot of satisfaction from just the positivity so far. I've met a lot of cool people. I'm not particularly special but feel like we're doing well here so far (if a bit slower than the big-hype coins at the moment) I can survive fine on an extra few hundred a week - but I would rather be completely sure we had provided value and the community as a whole was happy so far before considering paying myself .5 or so BTC worth a week. That is at least a month into the future, once we've hit an exchange, and people start becoming comfortable with the fact we've survived and continue to work hard and show growth (staying positive and hoping that is where we're headed).

As I think you can tell we talk a lot and have made a point of being as open and honest as possible (which has helped a lot as well as opened ourselves to criticism for those who don't agree). This is only our fifth day and we are very open/flexible people. We're not rushing - we want to fill a particular space in this market. None of this is set in stone - feedback and the overall desires/mood of those involved also influence us. We're open to discussion and want to stay democratic in the forums regarding moving forward. I am quite an agreeable, humble person (I think?) and would much rather negotiate than appear to be arrogant and unflinching.

Regards.

jowinm

Activity: 334
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 02:55:22 PM

nice coin

I am mining it

Wink
forkcoinuser

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:10:44 PM

Sorry yes I did, and I think a plan of expenditure is definitely the next level of our attempt at transparency. We will most probably release an initial plan within the week. We have a lot to stay on top of, and hitting an exchange (with a value then assigned to the coin) will also help us begin to to put a more solid price on work/bounties/giveaways. It will also help us plan/decide (with continuing input from everyone here) how to most productively start spending for growth without negatively impacting the market in any way.

The majority of it we want to go towards tangible, constructive development of primarily projects related to the marketplace, networking merchants, fair rewards for solid improvements and contributions (rather than blind giveaways), mobile apps. that make using and trading NOBLE simpler, and promotion such as blog articles, news, social media, etc. We also don't want to pay large sums up-front or all at once. We would like it to be ongoing work that is consistent (and can be monitored/stays in line with the current steady stream of extra NOBLE being released) - to prevent someone being paid large amounts (that our users wouldn't even know initially if it were legitimate or not) and immediately just dumping all of it on an exchange. We also have plans for at least 10%-20% of it going towards charitable work (that can be verified as legitimate with a larger, trusted organisation) that helps us, helps others, and helps NOBLE merchants (win-win-win). A bit stereotypical yes but we're strong believers in karma and know that by helping others we also help ourselves (in business and on a personal level).

We want our reserves to last at least a year - we don't want to hand it out to everyone on this forum for nothing so that it can be sold at a whim (not accusing or saying everyone acts like this) on the exchanges the second we hit with no real gain except short-term for those who got it for free. I'm sorry if that feels a bit harsh but we wanted to reward newcomers during the first week or two to get us on our feet. Not blow it all in a massive share and dump over the space of a month.

Not trying to dance around the issue - in some ways we kept such an amount to cover any bases with an overall idea but not too many specifics. The most important thing for us is to minimise distrust and spending appropriately while maintaining our initial vision for this whole project. A vision we have begun to explain and realise, but one we want to grow naturally with the demands and changes of the market.

We've also got a 48 hour giveaway going here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=409488.0 that's reached more than 180 giveaways in less than 12 hours (the plan to keep it to this thread vanished pretty quick since external giveaways are 20x more effective at getting the word out). 2000 doesn't seem like much and we may increase the next one, but one thing we didn't want to do was degrade the value of the time miners put into the coin.

Our next giveaway we intend to combine into social media (not spamming), for example 1000 for a thread bump + address, 1000 to follow us on Twitter, 1000 for Facebook, etc. etc.

In terms of rewarding myself for my continued work I'm not sure - I'm enjoying this as is (and get passive income from other sources so I'm not struggling), seeing the community grow and getting a lot of satisfaction from just the positivity so far. I've met a lot of cool people. I'm not particularly special but feel like we're doing well here so far (if a bit slower than the big-hype coins at the moment) I can survive fine on an extra few hundred a week - but I would rather be completely sure we had provided value and the community as a whole was happy so far before considering paying myself .5 or so BTC worth a week. That is at least a month into the future, once we've hit an exchange, and people start becoming comfortable with the fact we've survived and continue to work hard and show growth (staying positive and hoping that is where we're headed).

As I think you can tell we talk a lot and have made a point of being as open and honest as possible (which has helped a lot as well as opened ourselves to criticism for those who don't agree). This is only our fifth day and we are very open/flexible people. We're not rushing - we want to fill a particular space in this market. None of this is set in stone - feedback and the overall desires/mood of those involved also influence us. We're open to discussion and want to stay democratic in the forums regarding moving forward. I am quite an agreeable, humble person (I think?) and would much rather negotiate than appear to be arrogant and unflinching.

Regards.

and what about this one 0daycoins.com ?
there was an information in other altcoin thread that as they state, they will add most of the new coins

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 03:14:48 PM

Having said that, we know we need to be on exchanges (I personally love Coinedup) in order to continue to grow. Stagnating is not an option. So we do ask you to get our name out there and push/vote for us to be added. I think by the end of the first week (in a couple of days) I will approach and promote voting simply because it is what is needed. If places like https://0daycoins.com/ add us then all the more power to all of us, provided they prove themselves legit and don't run off with any coins. Cheers.

ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 03:32:02 PM

NobleCoin.CryptoTycoons.com

North American Pool
only 1% fee!!!  
Never down
FAST!!

Free escrow service to all active miners! Lets get our trade volume up so we can hit an exchange!

valid error is still back over 51%!

This right here is going to kill the coin if no one does anything about it.

It causes forks and orphans, and it significantly increases the risk of investing since one party has so much control and it significantly increases a 51% attack.

It was already premined; we don't need another negative attribute this early in the game
tyson187

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:53:07 PM

North American Pool
only 1% fee!!!  
Never down
FAST!!

Free escrow service to all active miners! Lets get our trade volume up so we can hit an exchange!

It causes forks and orphans, and it significantly increases the risk of investing since one party has so much control and it significantly increases a 51% attack.

It was already premined; we don't need another negative attribute this early in the game

you are an hypocrite ,promoting your pool and saying valid error is the problem , they already tried it , the problem is that other pools could not hold on to their miners while valid error did, its not their fault
Lazerballz

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:54:58 PM

Having said that, we know we need to be on exchanges (I personally love Coinedup) in order to continue to grow. Stagnating is not an option. So we do ask you to get our name out there and push/vote for us to be added. I think by the end of the first week (in a couple of days) I will approach and promote voting simply because it is what is needed. If places like https://0daycoins.com/ add us then all the more power to all of us, provided they prove themselves legit and don't run off with any coins. Cheers.

totally agree on the above and you already stated in your previous (large) post that rushing ain't the way to go for this coin, which imo is only a positive thing.

For now, my worries goes out to the 51% on valid error as ctenc001 also pointed out.
Guerilla

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:02:52 PM

Premine isn't negative, it's reasonable, the dev uses it for giveaways, bounties, promotions...
ctenc001

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 04:08:11 PM

Premine isn't negative, it's reasonable, the dev uses it for giveaways, bounties, promotions...

I agree its reasonable, and has been handled great so far! But its another unkown introduced to this coin. To the average miner, its a negative.
And cryptsy typically denies all premined coins.
hearnomore

Activity: 304

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:11:50 PM

North American Pool
only 1% fee!!!  
Never down
FAST!!

you are an hypocrite ,promoting your pool and saying valid error is the problem , they already tried it , the problem is that other pools could not hold on to their miners while valid error did, its not their fault

You know, I understand the whole 51% thing... In fact, 4 times now I have raised the fee and disabled registration. For some odd reason, when I get people to move their miners to other pools, they can't keep them. I'm not sure why that the other pools are having such hard issues with this. Seeing that you have been attacking my pool for the past couple days is beyond me. The only thing I can say is, try to hold on to those miners, if you can't. Then maybe something is wrong with your pool or customer service or whatever the case may be. I will not be dragged in to the dirt by other pool operators. I do my best to maintain a high-quality environment for the users of my pools. And I will continue to do this for my users and the community. I take precautions to try to stay below the 51% but I am only one pool.
ctenc001

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 04:13:55 PM

North American Pool
only 1% fee!!!  
Never down
FAST!!

That doesn't make me a hypocrite. Bad taste maybe, but not a hypocrite. Didn't realize they were over 51% again until after I posted and I didn't want to double post.

Doesn't really matter if they join mine or one of the other half dozen pools; it needs to be dealt with.

People keep saying "its fine, until it hits an exchange no one will have a reason to do a 51% attack" But this is backwards. Because a 51% attack is possible and already set up to happen (not saying the guys at valid error would, they seem legit), no exchange is going to accept us. Exchanges look at a coin, and all its risks when determining whether its worth the effort to add them. If the coin looks like its going to get attacked, and destroyed on day 1 of it hitting the exchange, they're going to overlook us and add a different coin.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 04:16:18 PM

Can we please stop with the enormously large red text - bold/red at normal size is fine if you need to get a message out, this just makes it difficult to read.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: