Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:27:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 [469] 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:33:08 PM

OK look guys I apologise. Let me finalize the bullion licensing and work here in Canberra (Im in the middle of a move and meetings for NOXT) so I can officially tie precious metals and digital currencies. PD if you're reading this we'd love to have you on board to finalize PoS. Then we can take NOBL and NOXT in the right direction for 2015. Maybe I was having a weak moment. But I think we need to band together and get our shit sorted so we can stand out for once.

I can't really go anywhere can I. I think we need a power restructuring though to work better together as a community rather than just myself.

Noble = rofo. That is my opinion on this and has always been.

I do however think we need a team, so someone in charge of PR, someone to review PMs, someone to be in charge of dev work etc. It is just too much for one person to do on their own, and we would much rather have rofo being in charge of some of Noble than no rofo at all.

I volunteer to help out with some stuff, whatever that may be.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
glavos

Activity: 547
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:46:17 PM

I buy noble in 2014, 1.5mil for 220 satoshi,  still not sell single coin. Community need to help rofo with this project. This is to big project for single person.
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 02:07:31 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2015, 02:33:54 PM by fairglu

Quote from: Rofo link=topic=402667.msg10113513#msg10113513"420982579
OK look guys I apologise. [...] I can't really go anywhere can I. I think we need a power restructuring though to work better together as a community rather than just myself.
Yes, spread the workload!

About the swap to PoS, as an alternative to exchange based, it would be possible to distribute a premine to match current funds for each and every address, with the explorer I could generate a "premine distribution script" that could do it.

This way while the blockchains would be reset, the balances would not be lost, without having to send funds to an exchange, so even people not aware of the swap would not lose funds (they could just copy-paste their old wallet, them do a rescan or import their private keys).
Being a script I can generate it multiple times , for testing or for "real".

If you (as in Rofo + community) are interested in that, just let me know. If that can help cut the switch complexity / cost down... The script would be publicly available for scrutiny of course.

PS: currently 14417 noble addresses hold funds, so a 1:1 distribution with 10 outputs per tx would take a 1442 lines scripts. No particular coding would be needed: the script would just be a list of "noblecoind sendmany" commands, to be run on the wallet of the premine. Remaining premine coins could then be burned or whatever. As a bonus, the distribution of the premine would be in the clear, in the blockchain, rather than in an exchange's private database.
Not saying it's the best option, just saying it's an option you can have for "free".

jacubo

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:25:37 PM

OK look guys I apologise. [...] I can't really go anywhere can I. I think we need a power restructuring though to work better together as a community rather than just myself.

About the swap to PoS, as an alternative to exchange based, it would be possible to distribute a premine to match current funds for each and every address, with the explorer I could generate a "premine distribution script" that could do it.

This way while the blockchains would be reset, the balances would not be lost, without having to send funds to an exchange, so even people not aware of the swap would not lose funds (they could just copy-paste their old wallet, them do a rescan or import their private keys).

If you (as in Rofo + community) are interested in that, just let me know. If that can help cut the switch complexity / cost down... The script would be publicly available for scrutiny of course.

This sounds like a good idea. If we decide to work on PoS migration ourselves we could use such a script.
fairglu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 02:35:29 PM

Post-Scriptum on the PoS premine distribution:

I just looked: currently 14417 noble addresses hold funds, so a 1:1 distribution with 10 outputs per tx would take a 1442 lines scripts.

No particular coding would be needed: the script would just be a list of "noblecoind sendmany" commands, to be run on the wallet of the premine. Remaining premine coins could then be burned or whatever.

As a bonus, the distribution of the premine would be in the clear, in the blockchain, rather than in an exchange's private database.

Not saying it's the best option, just saying it's an option you can have for "free".

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:19:47 PM

OK look guys I apologise. Let me finalize the bullion licensing and work here in Canberra (Im in the middle of a move and meetings for NOXT) so I can officially tie precious metals and digital currencies. PD if you're reading this we'd love to have you on board to finalize PoS. Then we can take NOBL and NOXT in the right direction for 2015. Maybe I was having a weak moment. But I think we need to band together and get our shit sorted so we can stand out for once.

I can't really go anywhere can I. I think we need a power restructuring though to work better together as a community rather than just myself.

Noble = rofo. That is my opinion on this and has always been.

I do however think we need a team, so someone in charge of PR, someone to review PMs, someone to be in charge of dev work etc. It is just too much for one person to do on their own, and we would much rather have rofo being in charge of some of Noble than no rofo at all.

I volunteer to help out with some stuff, whatever that may be.

I could do PR with someone who is a native speaker. English, German, French etc. and I could help out with some legal advice.
We have a very good running blog where we can publish press releases, updates etc.

PM sent to you Voephilis.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 04:50:20 PM

PS: currently 14417 noble addresses hold funds, so a 1:1 distribution with 10 outputs per tx would take a 1442 lines scripts. No particular coding would be needed: the script would just be a list of "noblecoind sendmany" commands, to be run on the wallet of the premine. Remaining premine coins could then be burned or whatever. As a bonus, the distribution of the premine would be in the clear, in the blockchain, rather than in an exchange's private database.

pretty good idea and it can be combined with a /10 of all coin piles

this would help a lot leaving that single digit satoshi place which is very bad

a few technical questions
so u copy addresses and public keys
what user need to do to get his private keys into the new wallet

a export tool that works offline that export all keys from old wallet.dat and import it into new wallet.dat would be needed i guess
(this tool need a readable sourcecode and crosschecked by multiple people because it must made sure its save to use)

if it would be that easy i wonder why it wasnt done many times before?

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:33:54 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2015, 06:22:40 PM by Honeypot

If you are a capable PR professional, join us in #Noblecoin on freenode. Also, we need article writers, journalists, web forum moderators, programmers, and website managers. Please pm me with your experience/educational background briefly and we can bring you on board.

We need to have the community working together and sharing the workload, with each individual contributing as part of a team, not everyone waiting for one guy to do everything by himself and watching the price. Cryptocurrency is just now getting some real mainstream attention, so this is the point of maximum financial opportunity - the real key is to join in the effort precisely at this time rather than going along with the majority of the down and out population.

Also, DO NOT PESTER ROFO ABOUT PRICES. It's NOT his job to pump prices for you or artificially raise an asset/coin's value. He has NO obligation to spoon feed anyone profits or 'assure' certain price range. He has already done more than enough to buy back some noxt when people had cold feet (something that he really isn't obligated to do - if you made an investment, it's your job to stick with it).

He is the developer and creator of a concept and initiative. It's YOUR job to promote, talk to people, and bring awareness and widespread adoption of a particular brand of cryptocurrency - appropriately high value and prices will depend on YOUR participation.

Cryptocurrency is at an infancy where true market movement and market value is almost never the norm. Not even for BTC - everyone knows how hard its prices are manipulated and artificially controlled, while exchanges both in the west and in china are known to operate on extremely low reserves. 2015 will change that for some projects, mainly due to gaining mainstream financial backing and acknowledgement, but that largely depends on YOUR efforts, not just sitting around waiting one man to take you to high heavens.

For anyone reading this without posting or just lurking and sending rofo pm/dm on here, twitter, or irc and screaming at him about prices or values, or even sending him personal threats (because he was professional enough to be transparent about his identity from January of 2014 while you hide behind 'anonymity' on the internet), go fuck your mother and keep your price/WHY U NO PUMP bullshit to yourself.

Personal threats and messages of such nature will no longer be tolerated and be kept on record for future needs should things go out of control. Rofo isn't in some 3rd world lawless country and I assure you he, I, and the community can take step to address these threats if necessary.

Since rofo's profile is a public one, this is a different ball game from the usual shit talking with two 'anonymous' peoples on the internet.

Let's work together, and bring some positive team work to this environment. Future of nobl and noxt is in our hands as much as they are in Rofo's.

PM me if you have interest in helping out with noblecoin and/or noxt on a professional level, be it programming, marketing, PR, web design or management, etc. Be sure to prepare some summary or brief introduction on your experiences and background on your expertise.

HP
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:12:45 PM

We need a graphic designer for a new wallet. Can you help with that? If not do you know someone who is talented and would like to help?

Feel free to answer here or PM myself.

Thanks!
eagleflies

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:36:28 PM

a export tool that works offline that export all keys from old wallet.dat and import it into new wallet.dat would be needed i guess
(this tool need a readable sourcecode and crosschecked by multiple people because it must made sure its save to use)

I have two ideas why this was not a popular solution:
1. With this approach you need to educate coin holders how to move their private key from one wallet onto another. This is not the simplest thing. If you fail to provide good docs people will call you a crook etc.
2. It is always easier to follow somebody's else path of swapping via exchange. Also when swapping via exchange you can charge your customer more for same action Wink

And question to you since you seem to be related to DMD team? What happened to their efforts of switching NOBLE to PoS? At first they claimed such a swap was a piece of cake and they needed a month to do this. Then someone was sick and communication stopped. Has he died or something?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:59:12 PM

Clams has done it so the code is there. DMD team not aware of that? DMD failed Nobl. All I saw from DMD was Marketing bullshit trying to get Noble supporters to throw money at DMD.

DMD is on my shitlist.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 08:10:55 PM

And question to you since you seem to be related to DMD team? What happened to their efforts of switching NOBLE to PoS? At first they claimed such a swap was a piece of cake and they needed a month to do this. Then someone was sick and communication stopped. Has he died or something?

bad research or missed some important postings in this thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg9701723#msg9701723

and the answer of rofo basical was that he have no more time to wait
and started to work with palmdetroid

which is not a bad decision because PD is a longterm POS coin dev

but i think blaming have no place here

@Hueristic bullshit....  im a big noble and noxt investor im able dance in 2 parties here as a guest and at DMD as as one of the guys who host the party

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:13:46 PM

Everyone who wants to help post your skills in here in a single post....

All I can offer is my advice as I have done all along. I don't want to be the I told you so guy, but I warned over and over until my hands hurt that ASIC's would destroy this coin. As did others. I still do not understand why POS was chosen but I acquiesced and supported and watched and tried to hope as I saw this coming from a long way off. Check my posts if you don't believe. It is too late now for a POS switch I think. The support base is too low and we would be 51'd again. It would not go well to be the first 51'd POS coin. I'm really not sure what could be done right now.

But that being said, I support Rofo and Noble 100% as I have from the beginning. I would join a team of brainstormers to find a direction to save this coin.

If the POS is still going forward I would think that the premine could be used as weight to secure the network in the initial phase maybe with a milestone of auto burning (hard coded) as the network grows? Well that is off the top of my head anyway.

I have tons of ideas but I do not throwing them in open forums as people that want to kill this coin monitor this thread. We have the added problem of being small and vulnerable. Yet our strongest point has always been dedication.

And as to disclose, I not longer hold Noble. I burned my small holdings (1.5 mill bought @32 mostly) and plan on holding as Noxt.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:15:32 PM

..Also, DO NOT PESTER ROFO ABOUT PRICES. It's NOT his job to pump prices for you or artificially raise an asset/coin's value. He has NO obligation to spoon feed anyone profits or 'assure' certain price range. He has already done more than enough to buy back some noxt when people had cold feet (something that he really isn't obligated to do - if you made an investment, it's your job to stick with it).

He is the developer and creator of a concept and initiative. It's YOUR job to promote, talk to people, and bring awareness and widespread adoption of a particular brand of cryptocurrency - appropriately high value and prices will depend on YOUR participation. ...

Yeah all you scumbags who bought only to burn and dump can suck my dick.

I warned to only burn coins bought before the Noxt announcement. I'm not sure if that was the case or not.

systh

Activity: 390

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:21:17 PM

We need a graphic designer for a new wallet. Can you help with that? If not do you know someone who is talented and would like to help?

Thanks!

I could help out with that; can you provide more info?

However I'm pretty busy ATM, so I'm wondering how urgent is that request?

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
eagleflies

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:40:09 PM

Thanks!

I could help out with that; can you provide more info?

However I'm pretty busy ATM, so I'm wondering how urgent is that request?

We will need someone like yourself when the wallet is ready. Right now we are brainstorming several possible ways to get it done.

Do you know when you are going to have some time to work on such a project?
fairglu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 08:51:52 PM

I suspect manually exporting the keys would not be required, merely rescanning, and it could be triggered by a wallet version change f.i., which would then do the same as a "-rescan" option.

This needs to be tested of course, but as soon as the base coin to clone from is known, I could give it a try. Preferably something without too many customizations, so it can be cloned within a reasonable time frame  Grin

I think the reason it was not done is that it was more work when you did not have a tool that could give you the balance of all addresses. Also noble does not have too many addresses with balance, this would be much more complicated for litecoin f.i., and quite impractical for doge or bitcoin.

Another reason is that an exchange-based swap practically guarantees coins will be lost and never swapped (all those that overlooked the swap news), and I suppose at least some coin devs had that in mind.
Speaking of which, an exchange-based swap destroys anonymity, as the exchange knows your email and IPs (and may leak these unwillingly if hacked or seized at a later time)

About the division by ten, another good reason would be to get away from not just the satoshi value, but also the integer 64 overflow and floating point precision issues. Dividing by 100 or 1000 could also make sense.

RD965

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:28:16 PM

I suspect manually exporting the keys would not be required, merely rescanning, and it could be triggered by a wallet version change f.i., which would then do the same as a "-rescan" option.

This needs to be tested of course, but as soon as the base coin to clone from is known, I could give it a try. Preferably something without too many customizations, so it can be cloned within a reasonable time frame  Grin

I think the reason it was not done is that it was more work when you did not have a tool that could give you the balance of all addresses. Also noble does not have too many addresses with balance, this would be much more complicated for litecoin f.i., and quite impractical for doge or bitcoin.

Another reason is that an exchange-based swap practically guarantees coins will be lost and never swapped (all those that overlooked the swap news), and I suppose at least some coin devs had that in mind.
Speaking of which, an exchange-based swap destroys anonymity, as the exchange knows your email and IPs (and may leak these unwillingly if hacked or seized at a later time)

About the division by ten, another good reason would be to get away from not just the satoshi value, but also the integer 64 overflow and floating point precision issues. Dividing by 100 or 1000 could also make sense.

So dev abandoned the ship and this is a community takeover attempt?

Cool whats the plan
HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:39:29 PM

I dont have much of a history with noble and didnt follow the coin closely so I am a bit surprised by what happened, but I am not going to blame rofo. He sounded really frustrated and disappointed and I can understand that. Putting effort into a project only to see that contacting a scammy pump-group and putting up 4 pages with shyiny graphics and no content and call them "whitepaper" leads to better results must be frustrating. But this is just the sad sate of crypto. Plus, some of his PMs seem to have been really bad, I wouldnt want to run a coin nowadays.

I was absolutely not surprised to see people burning noble to noxt and dumping them. Give people an opportunity to manipulate or an arbitrage opportunity and some of them will take it. Half this community will probably sell their own grandmother for 0.5BTC. Just expect the worst. I could totally understand if somebody doesnt want to be part of all this. However, it would be really sad to see rofo go. Crypto doesnt need more bobs, but more rofos.

It is probably a good idea for rofo to not totally leave noble but share the responsibilities. You can take brakes from crypto that way when you feel you need it. At the very least the reactions in this thread are encouraging. Personally I would like to help, but I dont have the skills needed (neither technical nor pr) nor do I have much time (job + family). What I can do is read the thread and share my opinion whenever I feel it could be helpfull.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:26:36 PM

Rofo, You scared the shit out of me with your previous post.. You have been a beacon of light for me and many others in this altcoin darkness.

I'm happy at the amount of support shown from some of the long term community members and I agree with them: You need a team. I'm happy you have shown your frustrations finally, I think this has woken us all up.

I have an important event in hosting in 2 weeks. After that I will be in contact with you all again to help out where I can. I just hope we can do it with you rofo, rather than without you.
Pages: « 1 ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 [469] 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: