Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:12:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:22:18 AM

Marketing - looking for someone to create/update first post of our thread

I have asked Rofo to update the first post of this thread with short notice about PoS switch happening soon and this update be seen now at the very top of first post. However we need to provide more information about PoS possibly with images etc.

This can be done in 2 phases:
- phase 1: should happen ASAP, ideally today or tomorrow, we will just provide information about PoS parameters etc
- phase 2: should happen after the switch and this will be our permanent page so we would need some images, logo etc

Please let me know if you are interested. And ask me about PoS parameters etc.

Are you going to do that? You seem the right person

Just talking about this on IRC.

Phase 1 - I will take care of that myself since it is mostly providing information about PoS details.
Phase 2 - James volunteered to work on it If anyone wants to help or co-operate please contact him and provide your ideas, feedback etc.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 12:08:31 PM

Now that we are only a few days away from POS(!!!), I'd like to retable setting up a Twitter/FB campaign.
Should we wait and launch the campaign at the same time as we release POS, or do it beforehand to try and build up some buy support prior to the release?
Would someone like to take charge of the campaign?
Their are two types of campaigns: Every Action performed = Micropayment - Takes lots of time, I can't handle it =/
Every Action Performed = Raffle submission - I can handle it since it's only a few manual payments required.

The first type of campaign has more success, but takes a significant amount of time and I would need someone else to manage the payouts.

So everyone is on the same page, here's an example of a campaign:
http://promoplugs.com/Campaign.aspx?CID=139

Current plan is to perform the switch either next week or the following one. I believe in team work so if anyone wants to show up and take role of marketing co-ordinator that will be great. Myself I prefer to stay focused on technical side then to spread attention everywhere.

Speaking about timing - I do not have any preference.

Any marketing gurus around? Wink

Yes, Dev should concentrate on making the coin better. Eagleflies please stay out of marketing/promotions Cheesy  , let the community handle this.  I was planing on few promotional actions, twitter, facebook, trollbox giveaways, contests, etc... which I will still do regardless, but a coordinate effort by the community will have much more effect.  I will also donate to the campaign, If someone wants to take the lead on this and maybe even be become the official Lead Marketing/Promotion manager for Noble. We will also need a Graphic Design person, Project Manager, Lead Developer (got one), Tester, etc. In short, Noble needs individuals who are willing to be part of Official Noble team and help make this project a success. This will built community, which should be the goal.

Good idea. I can take on some stuff, but no idea what I would be useful for
Lovin the enthusiasm!
I'd like to do a campaign that pays out every action (typically far better results than the raffles), but I would need someone else to take control of the payouts.
Any volunteers? If you want to do it, just go to PromoPlugs.com and set up a campaign. =)

I'll be promoting noble on my blogs, twitter following, and Facebook following, and PromoPlugs is free to NOBL for as long as it needs it =)

So I'm thinking a 10 day campaign
Actions:
1. Follow on FB
2. Follow on Twitter
3. Tweet about POS switch
4. Retweet about Campaign
5./6./... Tweet to coinbase, cryptoarticles, etc. asking for media coverage. The tools great for petitioning things like this.
Any others? I'd need specific targets the community wants to go after for this.

If we are doing a raffle style giveaway, I'd like to try and raise about 1M NOBL as a grand prize (~$20 atm.) to make this a big hit. Takes a bit more to get people interested if they aren't guaranteed a prize.

If we find someone to handle payouts, We can probably get away with 500K or less with the same results.
James, If I recall correctly I think you may have helped with the Campaign I performed (at CryptoTycoons at the time)
back in Octoberish. If your up for helping with payouts, I'd comfortably say we can go the second route!
That's interesting.

I am also interested on what will be the plan... I will donate some for the cause
100K raised so far!
I'm glad people find these giveaways interesting, I think they'll work up a significant buzz!
Now's the time to donate, i'd like to get the campaign going prior to POS launch  (Sooner the better) to try and get enough attention going to drag out and stablilize the initial (and current) pump!
My goal would be to get to at least 500K (1M would be better!=p) within the next 24 hours so that we can determine our giveaway launch date and actions.

eagleflies

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:30:31 PM

Now that we are only a few days away from POS(!!!), I'd like to retable setting up a Twitter/FB campaign.
Should we wait and launch the campaign at the same time as we release POS, or do it beforehand to try and build up some buy support prior to the release?
Would someone like to take charge of the campaign?
Their are two types of campaigns: Every Action performed = Micropayment - Takes lots of time, I can't handle it =/
Every Action Performed = Raffle submission - I can handle it since it's only a few manual payments required.

The first type of campaign has more success, but takes a significant amount of time and I would need someone else to manage the payouts.

So everyone is on the same page, here's an example of a campaign:
http://promoplugs.com/Campaign.aspx?CID=139

Current plan is to perform the switch either next week or the following one. I believe in team work so if anyone wants to show up and take role of marketing co-ordinator that will be great. Myself I prefer to stay focused on technical side then to spread attention everywhere.

Speaking about timing - I do not have any preference.

Any marketing gurus around? Wink

Yes, Dev should concentrate on making the coin better. Eagleflies please stay out of marketing/promotions Cheesy  , let the community handle this.  I was planing on few promotional actions, twitter, facebook, trollbox giveaways, contests, etc... which I will still do regardless, but a coordinate effort by the community will have much more effect.  I will also donate to the campaign, If someone wants to take the lead on this and maybe even be become the official Lead Marketing/Promotion manager for Noble. We will also need a Graphic Design person, Project Manager, Lead Developer (got one), Tester, etc. In short, Noble needs individuals who are willing to be part of Official Noble team and help make this project a success. This will built community, which should be the goal.

Good idea. I can take on some stuff, but no idea what I would be useful for
Lovin the enthusiasm!
I'd like to do a campaign that pays out every action (typically far better results than the raffles), but I would need someone else to take control of the payouts.
Any volunteers? If you want to do it, just go to PromoPlugs.com and set up a campaign. =)

I'll be promoting noble on my blogs, twitter following, and Facebook following, and PromoPlugs is free to NOBL for as long as it needs it =)

Actions:
1. Follow on FB
2. Follow on Twitter
5./6./... Tweet to coinbase, cryptoarticles, etc. asking for media coverage. The tools great for petitioning things like this.

If we are doing a raffle style giveaway, I'd like to try and raise about 1M NOBL as a grand prize (~$20 atm.) to make this a big hit. Takes a bit more to get people interested if they aren't guaranteed a prize.

If we find someone to handle payouts, We can probably get away with 500K or less with the same results.
James, If I recall correctly I think you may have helped with the Campaign I performed (at CryptoTycoons at the time)
back in Octoberish. If your up for helping with payouts, I'd comfortably say we can go the second route!
That's interesting.

I am also interested on what will be the plan... I will donate some for the cause
100K raised so far!
I'm glad people find these giveaways interesting, I think they'll work up a significant buzz!
Now's the time to donate, i'd like to get the campaign going prior to POS launch  (Sooner the better) to try and get enough attention going to drag out and stablilize the initial (and current) pump!
My goal would be to get to at least 500K (1M would be better!=p) within the next 24 hours so that we can determine our giveaway launch date and actions.

I can donate another 100k. Could you remind us what was the address?
ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 12:50:50 PM

Actions:
1. Follow on FB
2. Follow on Twitter

James is now collecting the Campaign funds since he is handling the payouts.
New Campaign Address: 9dpCEibcUemYsSbTeX4wBatHmFPPMWq2wu
Raised to date: 100K
TemporaryAccount

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:26:14 PM

My name is GBattaglia [account is currently in escrow for a loan] and I created the Noble/Diamond infographic in the past.
If you guys would be interested, I could update it with new relevant information for advertising Noblecoin.
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:27:26 PM

EDIT:
also , rofo why is google telling me that https://www.noblemovement.com/ is not a safe website to visit ? :l

Certificate expired on 05/02/2015.
well , dev should really fix it , its discouraging people to join the coin :l
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:34:59 PM

My name is GBattaglia [account is currently in escrow for a loan] and I created the Noble/Diamond infographic in the past.
If you guys would be interested, I could update it with new relevant information for advertising Noblecoin.

Definitely, that would be great.

myeagleflies will hopefully be getting the ANN page updated in the next day with all the info.
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:47:50 PM

Actions:
1. Follow on FB
2. Follow on Twitter

Donation sent: Transaction ID: e7f8db83fd912f8d9d56e9bbb2fa5e2af408314458bb8ee4cd2347b3be461005
Amount:  100K
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:50:33 PM

I can try to make a nice signature for NOBL that include all ranks on the forum

Smiley
james6546

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:54:48 PM

Actions:
1. Follow on FB
2. Follow on Twitter

Donation sent: Transaction ID: e7f8db83fd912f8d9d56e9bbb2fa5e2af408314458bb8ee4cd2347b3be461005

Thanks Smiley

Current raised for PoA campaign 200k Noble
RD965

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:54:25 PM

I can try to make a nice signature for NOBL that include all ranks on the forum

Im sure that will raise some donation  Wink
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:07:59 PM

Actions:
1. Follow on FB
2. Follow on Twitter

Thanks Smiley

I just sent off 100k... I am really excited for all the things we can do... A tipbot would be great if anyone could do that also!

james6546

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:07:44 PM

Actions:
1. Follow on FB
2. Follow on Twitter

Thanks Smiley

I just sent off 100k... I am really excited for all the things we can do... A tipbot would be great if anyone could do that also!

Got it Smiley

We have a tipbot in IRC (#noblecoin), where else were you thinking?
HarveyOne

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:20:02 PM

Actions:
1. Follow on FB
2. Follow on Twitter

Thanks Smiley

Got it Smiley

How about a social media Tipbot like in Digibyte?
eagleflies

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:44:15 PM

Actions:
1. Follow on FB
2. Follow on Twitter

Thanks Smiley

Donated as well.
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:08:19 PM

Actions:
1. Follow on FB
2. Follow on Twitter

Thanks Smiley

Got it Smiley

Yes I was thinking for twitter .... Also has anyone contacted www.shapeshift.io   I think this would be a great addition for us aswell

CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:14:35 PM

Actions:
1. Follow on FB
2. Follow on Twitter

Thanks Smiley

Got it Smiley

Yes I was thinking for twitter .... Also has anyone contacted www.shapeshift.io   I think this would be a great addition for us aswell

Shapeshift would be great for NOBL.  They have just added Digibyte (on account of DGB's recent upsurge in trade volume), so they could be very well-disposed toward NOBL.  They usually require a regular total trade volume of 10-15 BTC.  NOBL has exceeded that easily recently.

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
eagleflies

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:15:46 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 06:25:23 AM by eagleflies

Noblecoin migration to PoS is scheduled for March 4th, approximately at 5pm GMT.
(Exact time will depend on how fast Noblecoin's blocks are generated on that day)

First three weeks we will have both PoS + PoW mining. PoW mining will be disabled after block 25 200 which will happen approx. on the 21st day after the switch.

PoW parameters:
- algo: M7M which is believed to be CPU only for a time being
- reward per block: 1000
- how fast blocks are generated: average time between blocks will be about 6 minutes
- how to mine: you can mine with your wallet. just go to console and type 'setgenerate true 1'. this will enable CPU mining using 1 core of your CPU.
you can use more cores if you want to mine more aggressively

PoS parameters:
- algo: we use PoS II from Magi Coin with little bit of tweaking
- 8% interest rate
- average maximum number of coins generated by PoS per day: around 446 000, which is 6,1% of current supply rate
- min coin age: 2 hours
- how to stake: just keep your wallet online. the longer it is online the more secure is whole network. if you cannot keep your wallet online 24/7
this is still fine but you will earn bit more interests if it is online all the time
- recommended size of transactions in a wallet: if your wallet is big (e.g. bigger than 5-10 mil) it makes sense to split it into smaller pieces.
in theory the best transaction size is 2 mil.

Git repository:
https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin

Documentation:
https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What to do to migrate funds from PoW blockchain to future PoS blockchain
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Explanation of how transition happens.

Currently PoW blockchain contains information about all noblecoin's balances. At the time of switch to PoS snapshot (snapshot means: I will record all addresses and what amount of funds they held) of PoW blockchain will be taken and exactly same amounts of noblecoins will be distributed over new blockchain. After the switch it will no longer be important if someone sends or receives money on PoW blockchain since switch already happened. Everyone will be using PoS wallets and PoS blockchain.

2. How to get access to your funds on new PoS blockchain.

2.1. Transfer all your funds to an exchange before the switch happens.

This is the 'lazy method' since you do not need to learn anything new. Wink

If you do this then exchange will take care of moving your money onto new blockchain. After the switch you should transfer the money into your PoS wallet to be able to stake.  

You have to move the funds before the switch happens. If you keep them longer then you will have to use other method.

2.2. Move your private keys into new PoS wallet using -salvagewallet method.

This is the recommended method if you are not scared of running few commands. Documentation is there https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Importing-private-keys-from-old-wallet.dat-using---salvagewallet-option

Good news is you can try this method now on test network. If everything works and you are confident you can repeat same steps after the switch.

If your wallet is encrypted things become more complex as there is no way to remove encryption AFAIK. You have two options:
  • create new un-encrypted PoW wallet and transfer your funds there. then you will be able to follow -salvagewallet method to move the keys into PoS wallet
  • send money to an exchange - 2.1. method

2.3. Move private keys into new PoS wallet using provided script

If you can't follow methods above or just feeling adventurous feel free to follow the steps documented at https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin
/wiki/Importing-private-keys-using-a-script

2.4. Move private keys into new PoS wallet manually

If you want to fully understand how private keys are moved from one wallet into another or if you are control freak please follow manual method which is documented there: https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Manual-way-of-importing-private-keys

3. Staking

Staking earns you interest and secures the network. It does not consume much CPU power (unless you start PoW mining which will be possible during first couple of weeks after transition).

My request is: please seriously consider keeping your Noblecoin's wallet online after the switch in order to protect the network and to earn some interest.

4. Make sure time in your computer is correct

This is important if you want to stake. Computers with clock which is off most likely will not be able to earn any interest.

Easiest way to do this is to make your computer synchronize time automatically:
kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:42:27 PM

Great news!

We are on the track.
take_off

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:27:35 AM

I well donate to the cause
great coin, great dev ,great community  
big future

Transaction ID: 8299b251ec8805c7717b499a687f2ce9ab8c70db7ae1340b91e7835e8f9fd645
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: