Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:31:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
meccoin4me

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Bitcoin is getting bigcoin

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 05:31:22 PM

so now i need to send the coins to bittrex or c-cex or does it mather which exchange?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1155319.0  DELTACREDITS , great coin , great idea behind
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 05:54:31 PM

so now i need to send the coins to bittrex or c-cex or does it mather which exchange?

better take bittrex or cryptsy! Bigger exchanges are safer

Poloniex has noblecoin aswell

meccoin4me

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:13:17 PM

tanx for advise , very nobel of you all

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1155319.0  DELTACREDITS , great coin , great idea behind
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:33:17 PM

NobleCoin @NobleCoin  ·  25. Feb.
I've been asked to let you know $NOBL PoS switch tentative date is 3rd to 5th of March. Info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg10476360#msg10476360 …. #altcoins #crypto

why is rofo posting in that way? it is the official noble account so it sounds a bit strange when he says "i have been asked"

Yeah, that isn't right. Rofo, if you don't want to participate in the PoS switch, then please hand the account over to someone else who can give more cheerful sounding updates.

My take on this is that best scenario for Noblecoin is when both Rofo and myself cooperate. Rofo created this coin and has great business related skills while I am stronger on technical side. Sounds like a good fit.
eagleflies

Activity: 440

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:38:09 PM

You will be able to convert your coins either yourself or via exchange. Please read the post which explains all the details https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg10476360#msg10476360
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:11:26 PM

NobleCoin @NobleCoin  ·  25. Feb.
I've been asked to let you know $NOBL PoS switch tentative date is 3rd to 5th of March. Info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg10476360#msg10476360 …. #altcoins #crypto

why is rofo posting in that way? it is the official noble account so it sounds a bit strange when he says "i have been asked"

Yeah, that isn't right. Rofo, if you don't want to participate in the PoS switch, then please hand the account over to someone else who can give more cheerful sounding updates.

My take on this is that best scenario for Noblecoin is when both Rofo and myself cooperate. Rofo created this coin and has great business related skills while I am stronger on technical side. Sounds like a good fit.

That is the ideal outcome really, with you two in the team noble would be unstoppable  Cool
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 08:58:39 AM

I have not been silent. I've been in discussions in private (one that summarizes the majority posted below) with a number of new leaders delivering community demands. Letting the new wave of leadership representing major shifts in NOBL direction be the vocal ones. Also, my stance on NOBL direction and crypto. in general is more than public (including every element posted below).

Many elements required of NOBL running have been on the table for being taken over in some form or another for months. However primary focus has been on hard forks or price. I'd advise you also find people willing to take on the elements that cost time and money rather than those that only bring financial gain. I do not work for you. Nor do I want to cheer lead and/or deal with toxicity rather than things that are productive.

NOBL will continue to have all the services prioritized that I have listed previously.

Attached so it's public. Please do not continue to use my 'good name' (or in all honesty seeming lack thereof now from this point in this 'scene') for particular projects/ideas unless it is deserving so.

Never considered myself boss. Wasn't paying myself a wage and constantly pushed for community engagement/support without me pointing fingers. Like a proper global/decentralized currency requires since it's not a business. A boss implies I'd make the rules and decisions, which is not the case as shown recently. Who is going to be owning the central checkpointing server, or is one not going to be running? He would be the closest thing to the boss.

Won't be overly vocal or pushing the PoS switch until the players currently pushing and pumping it now to profit/exit have exited and the pump is over. Not digging myself a hole again on that front nor want to look 'partnered' with them.

I don't overly support insecure PoS or cutting/controlling supply/adjusting parameters or focusing on untested protocol tweaks over service/community/crypto message to garner interest. Defeated the entire purpose and the message/meaning behind NOBL from day 1.

As you say though it's what the community chose, so I am happy now for them to deal with their choice and the consequences. It has freed me up since it was not my decision.

My plans and developments will always be available to the NOBL community, but not as a plan for NobleCoin itself, as it was supposed to be a decentralized digital currency from the get go. And I hope remains so after the PoS hype dies down in a few months and whatever the community decides to fork to then. Which unfortunately will most probably be more restrictions on supply.

So nothing I say or do should effect NOBL as if it were a business with management, since the dynamics have been anything but.

Feel free to make this post public, but I felt it kinder to leave that kind of information sharing decision to yourself.

Regards,
Jason

Now we are almost there and please do not tell me 'Nah, I do not care anymore' or 'PoS is evil I am going to oppose it'. You know what I mean?

Of course I care. I'm not posting it's evil or I'm going to oppose it, I'm just not posting support that is misleading.

- could you provide short notice at the beginning of thread saying tests are being carried out of new PoS wallet and maybe couple of links to docs, wallet etc?
I will post share a copy of the front ANN and someone may update it to their choosing.

- after the transition could you checkout the code into your repository or provide links to my repository and update the main thread?
Happy to link to new community PoS Github that someone voted controls.

- maybe you could also say something on twitter about tests being carried out? I do not want to press you about big marketing campaign but few words would be nice.
Happy to do so. However a new NobleCoin Twitter account to be created may also be best, as the @NobleCoin has grown to personal/NOXT and crypto contacts as well as just promoting NobleCoin. That is up to you.

Regarding our flavor of PoS:
- I was looking at Magi Coin's PoS and it is better than standard PoS in sense that it encourages bigger holders to split their coins into several/many transactions
- Read Magi Coin's thread and people are quite happy
- We have been running tests of our wallet for 4 days now no issues so far. The thing which surprised me was that we reached PoS diff of 1 which is about 10% of Hyperstake. And we did that with test network and about 10 participients. This makes me thinking Noble main network will be secure after the switch.
- No checkpoint server - keeping the network decentralized
- I do believe PoS is better choice for us right now. Noblecoin's PoW was successfully attacked number of times.

This is why I am remaining quiet on PoS. I have already made it clear from an informative and educational standpoint. I have been straightforward on both PoW and PoS pros/cons for a year. I do not appreciate people who act otherwise.
- I'm glad to hear Magi Coin's PoS (as well as BC PoS 2.0) is better than PPC/standard PoS invented and developed by Sunny King.
- PoS has been successfully attacked just as often.
- Checkpoint servers are considered necessary by most of the leaders in PoS field.
- Decentralization is a catchphrase, we all know it doesn't exist in alts or BTC.
- Congratulations on 4 days of success, personally I'd prefer 2 years but I'm the patient/cautious type. That would be my vote.
- There will be zero support from me acting as though a small cap. PoS coin with no checkpointing server guarantees any sense of security over our PoW days, because I am the one who would have to deal with the backlash (and probably will continue to do so even after this post).

Possible threats:
- There is some risks of attacks in PoS world too. I do not deny it. But it is mostly small networks of coins which are forgotten.

You just don't hear about them from exchanges, or larger networks are under full control from stakeholders large enough to ensure security regardless. An issue just as large is exploits from all these new '2.0, 2.1, 56.7, X, Version+' PoS tweaks. You understand PPC still uses/promotes centralized checkpointing out of some fear of attacks, and they are at.. $8,000,000?

Current pump in prices:
- Week ago price was at 5 SAT. Now it is at 10 SAT. The average yearly price is probably around 20 SAT. Looking at these number I do not see any pump. It is just price reacting back to median value.

No comment. My stance on the short-term pump was clear. We're back to 7 with the fake support/vol. gone. I'm not accusing you of being involved (not that it bothers me any longer) but please don't insult either of our intelligence.

Other

My focus will continue to be on the business and services, but I will also become more vocal on educational/the realities of crypto. There will always be support from that angle, just not the type that some might consider convenient at times.

james6546

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:12:58 AM

Ok, here is my response to what you just said rofo:

1. r.e. reduction in supply. You looked at doing something to reduce the supply even before we were looking at PoS. The reason that the price is so low and never changes is simply because there are more coins being generated than people want.

2. You put a lot more effort into the other attempted moves to PoS in the past. I think seeing as the community has done it this time you should have given it a damn more support than you did. I mean for example a couple of us paying a decent amount of money towards paying for development when you still hold some premine is wrong. People have to do things they don't want to all the time, grow the hell up and see that people are trying to help.

3. How can @Noblecoin be your personal twitter when you won't support noblecoin?

3. myeagleflies has put a massive amount of effort into this, he is a hero, give him some damn credit.

4. Yes we all know you want merged mining. People need to work on making noble bigger so that coins like LTC will actually give it some thought.

5. Yes there are a couple of people pumping the coin, but on the whole the raise in price is people who are excited to see the coin moving forwards. You know the market thrives on good news as much as any of us do.

I'm sorry guys but as soon as this switch to PoS is complete I am leaving. I can't cope with all of of the negativity. I have tried my best and I feel that as soon as we achieve anything in the future if it isn't to rofos liking we will find ourselves up against a brick wall as we have with this PoS change.

Sorry for all the sadness and negativity on the thread Sad
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:51:19 AM

I have never seen a successfull community takeover imho

[/quote]

BTC ?  Grin
meccoin4me

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 12:15:26 PM

just for info  :  c-cex support did not know anything about a swap they say , so i am sending them now to bittrex

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 01:03:11 PM

I don't see the issue in me reiterating my stance on crypto, technology, our direction etc. a problem considering it hasn't changed. I still believe in/against education, yearlong patience, not toying with experimental code, market manipulation, constant hard forks, patience, usage focus over price etc.

I've always been uncomfortably open. I've always spared the usual scene bullshit because this entire forum is a circus.

And all of a sudden my stance is an issue because what the community has decided slightly contradicts that?

I'm not even fighting it. I'm keeping the services and support and everything else running and building upon. I supported it in private completely until I got tired hearing in public that I'm not being helpful or have run away. When anyone can see I still log in daily.

But since it suddenly conflicts with what you want it's an issue for the first time in 12 months?

Please. Is NOBL 'Rofo' or is it a democratic community..or a cryptocurrency. This isn't a personality cult.

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 01:16:20 PM

Vote someone in to take over the @NobleCoin Twitter account and I'll sign it over.

james6546

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:19:11 PM

I don't see the issue in me reiterating my stance on crypto, technology, our direction etc. a problem considering it hasn't changed. I still believe in/against education, yearlong patience, not toying with experimental code, market manipulation, constant hard forks, patience, usage focus over price etc.

I've always been uncomfortably open. I've always spared the usual scene bullshit because this entire forum is a circus.

And all of a sudden my stance is an issue because what the community has decided slightly contradicts that?

I'm not even fighting it. I'm keeping the services and support and everything else running and building upon. I supported it in private completely until I got tired hearing in public that I'm not being helpful or have run away. When anyone can see I still log in daily.

But since it suddenly conflicts with what you want it's an issue for the first time in 12 months?

Please. Is NOBL 'Rofo' or is it a democratic community..or a cryptocurrency. This isn't a personality cult.

No, you are wrong. Personally I don't give a crap if noble moves to PoS or not, the part that has really annoyed me is that people have gone out of their way to help out when you "disappeared" and as a way of repaying them you have said "well I never wanted this anyway".

As the coins founder you should support the community, not throw your toys out when people decide on something you don't want.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 01:26:30 PM

Disappeared? I stepped back to let your lovely community/new leadership take the helm to get what they wanted and was in private discussion with them many times. This was common knowledge

If you read some of the quotes you'll see the times when I left what they shared in their hands. They chose to let you all sit around and talk like I had bailed and not given two shits.. as if they weren't in communication with me.

That is not acceptable. My 'toys' are all still very much around. You think all this is a game to me?

What the 'community' should understand is that I will have an opinion on matters. It was public in Jan. It was public before PoS switch. And it is public now. Don't get mad that it now causes an issue with things. My personal viewpoint is rightfully mine.

james6546

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:47:51 PM

Disappeared? I stepped back to let your lovely community/new leadership take the helm to get what they wanted and was in private discussion with them many times. This was common knowledge

If you read some of the quotes you'll see the times when I left what they shared in their hands. They chose to let you all sit around and talk like I had bailed and not given two shits.. as if they weren't in communication with me.

That is not acceptable. My 'toys' are all still very much around. You think all this is a game to me?

What the 'community' should understand is that I will have an opinion on matters. It was public in Jan. It was public before PoS switch. And it is public now. Don't get mad that it now causes an issue with things. My personal viewpoint is rightfully mine.

Ok, so I guess I have been missing some information, so I apologise for that. You should have gone public with that rather than letting all of the disquiet rest with you. I know it isn't a game to you, and how much you have invested, which is why we were so perplexed when you ceased communication with us. If you had said that you were taking a break and were leaving things in the hands of x and x that would be easier to understand.

But from my viewpoint you should have accepted the move to PoS rather than keep making comments about how you didn't approve of it. You have helped out with previous attempts, why was this one any different other than the community was more directly involved. We understand your viewpoint, it is now time you accepted it and helped out.

Sorry, my last post was probably a bit harsh
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:24:01 PM

I have so much too say but I will keep it short.....

YES- the twitter post was completely unprofessional

NO- I have not lost faith in Rofo/Community

YES- I believe us all working together will be best for the long term goal of this coin

YES- I think we can make this happen

YES- This thread has caused some cheap noblecoin Wink

I have been apart of coins and I understand how the demand from the community gets a little much... The best part is when you have enough people to help that you don't have to do everything yourself... Utilize everyones best! I think eagle and rofo together is best for this coin! The more experienced faces the better...

Also doesn't hurt having James making promotions!  These are all little things eagle and rofo no longer have too worry on.

lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:49:11 PM

for the record I am against switching algo's - scrypt has served this coin just fine

why change?

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:03:20 PM

better take bittrex or cryptsy! Bigger exchanges are safer

Have we received confirmation from Bittrex, Poloniex and Cryptsy that they are all set up and ready for the POS switch?

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 04:10:48 PM

for the record I am against switching algo's - scrypt has served this coin just fine

why change?

Scrypt's wreaked havoc on this coin.
Regecide

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:33:29 PM

I for one, support the opening of the new Church of Rofo!
Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: