Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:00:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
joelao95
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:17:58 PM

all guys throwing long speeches about the evolution theory,
i'd love to get back only one (not so) simple thing - that beautiful golden wallet,
it is never a noble coin with the rustic design
You're obviously talking something which is not the point at this time; you don't care about Rofo leaving the dev/leader position but the look of the wallet? even NOBL is stuck with cryptsy.

yep, Steve Jobs left the leader position (RIP), so what ?
iphone has become wooden or textile ?

I said not the point at this time.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:34:57 PM

I was here when Noblecoin launched [username GBattaglia, account currently in escrow], and have actually used it for services like gift cards. I'm saddened to see how things have panned out for the coin.
I understand Rofo has become disenchanted with how things have gone and how the crypto scene has evolved/devolved over the past year.

What puzzles me is the "original vision" and how it was supposed to pan out with recent events. In your "State of Crypto" you touched on the point of ASICs,
but Scrypt ASICs was one thing that threw a wrench in the gears of NobleCoin [and all other Scrypt coins]. I'm not sure if I'm recalling correctly, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Noblecoin was doing well, although often had people who were suspicious of its premine and other attributes.
2. A massive pump occurs [as with most crypto currencies during this time].
3. A massive decline in price now occurs.
4. Network begins to decline in hashrate.
5. Threats of a 51% attack arise, price falls even further.
6. ASICs offering the ability to easily obtain the hashrate of what once required massive GPU farms [300Mh/s per miner now] begin surfacing.
7. Issues with difficulty arise, hashrate is even lower, transactions become unreliable in regards to time needed for confirmations.
8. Rofo is in talks with devs for PoS, and for many, many, months [in regards to the crypto-scene], NobleCoin is in limbo.

I don't see how NobleCoin could have stayed alive with Scrypt. Even Litecoin and DogeCoin had to take measures with the changing environment.
PeerCoin is probably a good example of a functional PoS coin that has remained around for a while without becoming a shell of its former self.

This ^^

In my mind Noble has never been about the tech, noble has been the idea. There is no reason why we couldn't take a merged mining route in the future or something like that.

I could be wrong but I don't think this has anything to do with PoS as we were doing that last summer (June maybe) and rofo was fine with it then. I think this is rofo leaving noble and making an excuse to not feel so bad about it.

there is a lot more going on than you know But what you have said about Rofo, is completely wrong, he will never leave noble, that is a fact, I know this, I have spoken to him myself at great length but it is far from my place to interject other than to say, those of you that know what rofo did and how he handled everything in the early days he has not changed, he will continue to run the website and the marketplace and when all is said and done with this change over you will see that ... but time has to be given in this case. I cannot say anymore, but I have a lot riding on this too, I have invested from my pension almost every week since day 1 of Noble either in hash or as I have on many occasion fiat injection... if you know Rofo go talk to him, he is as approachable as he was from day 1 ... jaded a little maybe, but has always got time for the committed holders of noble ... mark my words, I will publicly give away my noble if Rofo walks ...  quote me and mark my words on this day !! 

As someone else who has been here since the start and invested a lot, I truly hope you are right. As I have said before I think Noble is a million times stronger with Rofo behind it. I think PoS or otherwise, Noble needs to stand for the initial ideas and dreams of being a 100% transparent coin.

I'm gonna stick around for a bit and help out where I can.
james6546

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:37:29 PM

Cryptsy's excuse for STILL having the wallet offline. Can someone in the Dev team contact them about this? I have over 1M coins tied up there and would really like to bring them home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello RJF19,

Thank you for contacting us about this issue.
NOBL wallet has been taken offline temporarily.
We are still waiting for an update from the coin developer.
There is no estimated time given by our technical team but rest assured
they are working on it and we will inform all once it has been restored.
I will keep this ticket open and will let you know when it is back online.
Your patience is greatly appreciated.

http://www.cryptsy.com

Sincerely,
Marjorie
Cryptsy.com

-------------------------------------------

Thanks!

I have 10m Noble at Cryptsy Sad
kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:45:33 PM

I was here when Noblecoin launched [username GBattaglia, account currently in escrow], and have actually used it for services like gift cards. I'm saddened to see how things have panned out for the coin.
I understand Rofo has become disenchanted with how things have gone and how the crypto scene has evolved/devolved over the past year.

What puzzles me is the "original vision" and how it was supposed to pan out with recent events. In your "State of Crypto" you touched on the point of ASICs,
but Scrypt ASICs was one thing that threw a wrench in the gears of NobleCoin [and all other Scrypt coins]. I'm not sure if I'm recalling correctly, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Noblecoin was doing well, although often had people who were suspicious of its premine and other attributes.
6. ASICs offering the ability to easily obtain the hashrate of what once required massive GPU farms [300Mh/s per miner now] begin surfacing.
7. Issues with difficulty arise, hashrate is even lower, transactions become unreliable in regards to time needed for confirmations.
8. Rofo is in talks with devs for PoS, and for many, many, months [in regards to the crypto-scene], NobleCoin is in limbo.

I don't see how NobleCoin could have stayed alive with Scrypt. Even Litecoin and DogeCoin had to take measures with the changing environment.
PeerCoin is probably a good example of a functional PoS coin that has remained around for a while without becoming a shell of its former self.

This ^^

In my mind Noble has never been about the tech, noble has been the idea. There is no reason why we couldn't take a merged mining route in the future or something like that.

I could be wrong but I don't think this has anything to do with PoS as we were doing that last summer (June maybe) and rofo was fine with it then. I think this is rofo leaving noble and making an excuse to not feel so bad about it.

there is a lot more going on than you know But what you have said about Rofo, is completely wrong, he will never leave noble, that is a fact, I know this, I have spoken to him myself at great length but it is far from my place to interject other than to say, those of you that know what rofo did and how he handled everything in the early days he has not changed, he will continue to run the website and the marketplace and when all is said and done with this change over you will see that ... but time has to be given in this case. I cannot say anymore, but I have a lot riding on this too, I have invested from my pension almost every week since day 1 of Noble either in hash or as I have on many occasion fiat injection... if you know Rofo go talk to him, he is as approachable as he was from day 1 ... jaded a little maybe, but has always got time for the committed holders of noble ... mark my words, I will publicly give away my noble if Rofo walks ...  quote me and mark my words on this day !! 

As someone else who has been here since the start and invested a lot, I truly hope you are right. As I have said before I think Noble is a million times stronger with Rofo behind it. I think PoS or otherwise, Noble needs to stand for the initial ideas and dreams of being a 100% transparent coin.

For now James it's safe for me to say to you, don't speculate the how whys and when, just know he's no going anywhere in the long run. <-- in the long run...  And I could not agree more about the strength of noble ... to me the coin does not hold it's value from market place, usability, projected value .... it's the fact of how much I have grown to trust rofo over this last year, I started out as a bit of a noob at the start... Rofo has spent countless hours explaining stuff to me and I am sure I have asked some pressing question, just wanting to learn ... never once has he been anything less than happy to spend that time with me, as I am sure he has done for others. I told him just the other day "to many people you are the value of noble" and that has to be a given to a lot of us I am sure, it's him who made this such a great HONEST coin in the first place... that is my point of view and I do not speak for everyone I know that, But that is my stance on Noble .... Now if something were to go wrong with the coin right now ... I would want to distance myself from the changes I has nothing to do with <<-- Wink

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:46:58 PM

Real sad seeing the beating noblecoin has taken here... After all the hassle of months of POS talk and now we finally got it and the price does a complete nosedive... I don't think just cause ROFO left we seen all the dumps... I have been here for a little over 3months and ROFO has done NOTHING... Squat Zero Zilch Nada

So why are we so concerned with him leaving.. Basically if everyone pitches in a little bit with the future of this coin... If you are techy make something happen... If you are good with GIFS lets see some for noble.. If you don't wanna do much throw out a couple tweets... Together we make this coin... Not just cause ROFO was sitting on it

kultus

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:26:30 PM

Real sad seeing the beating noblecoin has taken here... After all the hassle of months of POS talk and now we finally got it and the price does a complete nosedive... I don't think just cause ROFO left we seen all the dumps... I have been here for a little over 3months and ROFO has done NOTHING... Squat Zero Zilch Nada

So why are we so concerned with him leaving.. Basically if everyone pitches in a little bit with the future of this coin... If you are techy make something happen... If you are good with GIFS lets see some for noble.. If you don't wanna do much throw out a couple tweets... Together we make this coin... Not just cause ROFO was sitting on it

You are so unfair, who the hell do you think maintains the website, the marketplace, who spent months of stress trying to get a gold traders licence and many other things... sorry but you're an ass hole for saying that lovethecoins, Rofo has done more for this coin than anyone ... not a fair statement at all

and get it through your heads, he's not going anywhere, I have made that clear above and staked my noble on it ....

mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:50:03 PM

Cryptsy's excuse for STILL having the wallet offline. Can someone in the Dev team contact them about this? I have over 1M coins tied up there and would really like to bring them home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello RJF19,

Sincerely,
Marjorie
Cryptsy.com

Thanks!

I have 10m Noble at Cryptsy Sad

This looks like a generic answer that either means the issue is being ignored, or that Cryptsy has some kind of problem with determining who is the rightful owner of the title of "NobleCoin Dev".  I don't think they are unaware of the frustration about the coin being stuck in maintenance.  I think they are pretending to not know.  Their communication skills are known to suck unless you really go out of your way to stay in their field of view and be persistent.   

So EagleFlies,  are you contacting Cryptsy about this, staying on top of the tickets?  What has Cryptsy said?    Do they not think you are the rightful dev (yet)? 

INB4  "full code review"  excuses.  Cryptsy's wallet "team" supposedly looks at wallets day in and day out all day every day.  This is not something that should take 2 weeks to do for a supposedly "expert"  team of wallet technicians.  It shouldn't even take 2 days.  I personally suspect that Cryptsy is full of shit and they really have like 2 guys at most on this  "team" who look at wallets. They play favorites, take payoffs even though they claim not to (do you think they have a PayCoin USD market as a coincidence?? No, a deal was made there)  They are totally hog tied with this mintsy distraction because Paul Vernon is at the bottom just an average Joe early miner who got a lucky break, who consequently thinks of cryptocoin as a mining game first and foremost and everything else can take a back seat. 
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:57:21 PM

there is a lot more going on than you know But what you have said about Rofo, is completely wrong, he will never leave noble, that is a fact, I know this, I have spoken to him myself at great length but it is far from my place to interject other than to say, those of you that know what rofo did and how he handled everything in the early days he has not changed, he will continue to run the website and the marketplace and when all is said and done with this change over you will see that ... but time has to be given in this case. I cannot say anymore, but I have a lot riding on this too, I have invested from my pension almost every week since day 1 of Noble either in hash or as I have on many occasion fiat injection... if you know Rofo go talk to him, he is as approachable as he was from day 1 ... jaded a little maybe, but has always got time for the committed holders of noble ... mark my words, I will publicly give away my noble if Rofo walks ...  quote me and mark my words on this day !!  

I agree that "Rofo" "will never leave noble" (based on what I read). What you guys need to do is to come up with something to relieve his pressure as a dev, he'll be happy to take a role in the coin. I can understand what he is talking about when he invested a year into the coin and tried to establish business around it, however he mostly forgot this is crypto, most of people approaching crypto is for profits and most of them just come and go. As a dev, I can understand the feeling, luckily I won't quit my real job.
Good to see that our brilliant and motivated developer gives his time and energy to helping others. The Nobl community will determine welcome this help. Fits well in the programm of the Coin of the Magi. Fair and respect for other coins.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:48:11 PM

This ^^

Lets hope You are right!
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:56:06 PM

and get it through your heads, he's not going anywhere, I have made that clear above and staked my noble on it ....

You the one with 170 million? Lol
mikeymillie

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:01:09 AM

I think the 170 million address was burned a few days ago
kultus

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:20:54 AM

You the one with 170 million? Lol

No, lol, that would be nice,  but I've got a couple of hundred bucks worth and no real income, so to put it on the line is a big deal in my life...

while your asking about the 180 million...  maybe you should ask Who had control of that prior to it's being burnt and why rofo was so adamant that it needed to be burnt ....... just a suggestion, the community needs to be aware of these things, and it will maybe shed some light in your minds as to why Rofo has stood back for these last few weeks..... you know ,..... while you bring it up and all ...

Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:08:20 AM

there is a lot more going on than you know But what you have said about Rofo, is completely wrong, he will never leave noble, that is a fact, I know this, I have spoken to him myself at great length but it is far from my place to interject other than to say, those of you that know what rofo did and how he handled everything in the early days he has not changed, he will continue to run the website and the marketplace and when all is said and done with this change over you will see that ... but time has to be given in this case. I cannot say anymore, but I have a lot riding on this too, I have invested from my pension almost every week since day 1 of Noble either in hash or as I have on many occasion fiat injection... if you know Rofo go talk to him, he is as approachable as he was from day 1 ... jaded a little maybe, but has always got time for the committed holders of noble ... mark my words, I will publicly give away my noble if Rofo walks ...  quote me and mark my words on this day !!  

I agree that "Rofo" "will never leave noble" (based on what I read). What you guys need to do is to come up with something to relieve his pressure as a dev, he'll be happy to take a role in the coin. I can understand what he is talking about when he invested a year into the coin and tried to establish business around it, however he mostly forgot this is crypto, most of people approaching crypto is for profits and most of them just come and go. As a dev, I can understand the feeling, luckily I won't quit my real job.

I was always a big fan of NOBL because I agreed with Rofos thinking, this thinking is in existence today with one coin.
morphtrust

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 07:23:10 AM

I love how everyone goes on about this coin doing this, and that coin doing that, try watching more than one coin. whole market has been doing a nose dive for a while and this time of year is a big one, after looking at several years worth of many coins markets, it seems that every year march and april are total valleys for coins, in general, and then we get a little raise in value before it dies again in august/september, so you can expect noble to go back up later this summer and we will see a much bigger spike too on shitsy once they get the wallet out of maintenance. just I guess have to keep pestering the shit out of them till they get tired of our crap I suppose,

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:30:37 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 11:27:38 AM by eagleflies

Hello RJF19,

Sincerely,
Marjorie
Cryptsy.com

Thanks!

What? That's a lie!

History of my contacts with cryptsy:

1. Created ticket #176888 - 31 days 20 hours ago. 6 updates from my side. 0 updates from cryptsy. Ticket is assigned to Mullick
2. Mullick wrote on our thread on the day of switch they would spend about 3-5 days checking code
3. Exchanged several PMs between Mullick, Rofo and myself. Basically Mullick was checking if Rofo is fine with the switch (which Rofo confirmed) then Mullick was asking which codebase we were using. Passed information received from Joe that Magi Coin originates from XCurrency. Have not received any PMs since then.
4. Sent email to Mullick providing information about script which c-cex was going to use. No response.
5. I am also aware Cryptsy got help offer from another big exchange which already switched to PoS.

Please continue asking Cryptsy about ETA. If they tell you they wait for update from my side please ask them to use the ticket #176888.
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:32:31 AM

Exactly.
no141

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:24:59 AM

What is the problem with their wallet that they have taken it down?

It seems with Crypsy, wallets just stay in maintenance.

james6546

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:47:59 AM

I keep chasing on the trollbox, I think we just need to keep bugging them until they do it
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

I keep chasing on the trollbox, I think we just need to keep bugging them until they do it

trollbox is the way to talk to them few months ago we had DMD wallet at cryptsy maintainance for a few weeks too

we did learn that support is slow as hell

u need to create a support ticket but then u need to push it by request help from blue names in cryptsy chat

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
mikeymillie

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:57:26 PM

trollbox is the way to talk to them few months ago we had DMD wallet at cryptsy maintainance for a few weeks too

we did learn that support is slow as hell

u need to create a support ticket but then u need to push it by request help from blue names in cryptsy chat

Emphasis on above, this is the truth.  Even though blue names will say they "I can't help you", and "what ticket?", and "that's not my department", and "I'm not on the wallet team"  ask them anyway.  I believe their internal priorities are probably tracked based on ad-hoc approach like "how many time i saw the same question show up in my inbox" rather than a real organized project tracking process.   

Mullick is on the wallet "team", but other influential blue names to keep an eye out for are  JShock, Horus,  NetworkAdmin,   DCGirl,  FiveMil,  Nordman,  GreenLion, in that order.  Remind them the Ticket number eagleflies sent, and add your own if possible. 

EagleFlies, please post as much of the ticket status as you can in here without giving away private information- so people reading this thread know what to ask about in the trollbox, and so they don't ask about things that are already solved or irrelevant to the real wallet issues. 
Pages: « 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: