Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 [563] 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
benjamoyne

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 11:32:33 PM

Ok so I learned that if I have a android wallet built for noble it will not stake. Reason is it is possible to code it and make it work but it uses too many resources and causes to phone to be hot and drain battery life. So with that being said does anyone see any reason to build a android wallet at this time? Will it help us in any way IDK I'm asking you guys. Also I wonder if my idea of having a real staking Android wallet will be something that can take place in the future. we all know cpus and phones get faster every year I wonder if this is something that could take place maybe a year or even two down the road? What you guys think?   Fish

I do not think this makes sense right now. Unless someone does not own computer and wants to stake on his/her phone. However such a phone will most likely need to be plugged into the mains.

Actually Eagles, I think it still has merit, What if I want to try and convince my local shop owner to accept noble, well we are hardly the cutting edge without a mobile wallet, it doesn't need to stake by any means, but mobile transactions breathes new life to where there was none, hell I'd like to accept noble for my work, but alas it too complicated to get people involved even with offering 10% discounts etc cause they fear the PC wallet and the ability to loose it, so here is a couple of ideas

A  mobile wallet with a single button to backup wallet to your SD card or cloud storage, encrypted there is no reason your wallet.dats cannot be stored on a cloud like google drive etc

Make it as easy to use for personal transactions as possible, maybe an interface to create a payment request and send to email / or display a QR code the payee can scan from email or direct from Phone screen or recipient

Lastly I say this to everyone, mass adoption is key to any coins success, BTC isn't successful from buzz it's successful because you can uses it, Buy and sell with it world wide and it's accepted in 100s of places, the Grandma factor I will call this, the likelihood your grandma can use the wallet, because lets face it, until grandma can use it, it's just guys like us using it and that is in the big scheme of things a tiny pool of people buying and selling coins

Also the Raspberry PI offer above....  well OK cash has a wallet for it and stakes very well at 7 watts of power, I think we could ALL use that break in costs esp now with the price of all Crypto being so low, Keeping my 300 watt Laptop or 1kw PC on 24/7 to stake noble is just not worth it right now in the cost of power vs.. coins ...  I still hold all my noble, never dropped a dime, however, I do not stake because 300 watts 24/7 is too much to pay

ok thats my input. I'll leave you back to your good work.

I thought thats was the whole idea for the NOXT project??? Easy mobile transactions
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 12:20:52 AM

Ok so I learned that if I have a android wallet built for noble it will not stake. Reason is it is possible to code it and make it work but it uses too many resources and causes to phone to be hot and drain battery life. So with that being said does anyone see any reason to build a android wallet at this time? Will it help us in any way IDK I'm asking you guys. Also I wonder if my idea of having a real staking Android wallet will be something that can take place in the future. we all know cpus and phones get faster every year I wonder if this is something that could take place maybe a year or even two down the road? What you guys think?   Fish

I do not think this makes sense right now. Unless someone does not own computer and wants to stake on his/her phone. However such a phone will most likely need to be plugged into the mains.

Actually Eagles, I think it still has merit, What if I want to try and convince my local shop owner to accept noble, well we are hardly the cutting edge without a mobile wallet, it doesn't need to stake by any means, but mobile transactions breathes new life to where there was none, hell I'd like to accept noble for my work, but alas it too complicated to get people involved even with offering 10% discounts etc cause they fear the PC wallet and the ability to loose it, so here is a couple of ideas

A  mobile wallet with a single button to backup wallet to your SD card or cloud storage, encrypted there is no reason your wallet.dats cannot be stored on a cloud like google drive etc

Make it as easy to use for personal transactions as possible, maybe an interface to create a payment request and send to email / or display a QR code the payee can scan from email or direct from Phone screen or recipient

Lastly I say this to everyone, mass adoption is key to any coins success, BTC isn't successful from buzz it's successful because you can uses it, Buy and sell with it world wide and it's accepted in 100s of places, the Grandma factor I will call this, the likelihood your grandma can use the wallet, because lets face it, until grandma can use it, it's just guys like us using it and that is in the big scheme of things a tiny pool of people buying and selling coins

Also the Raspberry PI offer above....  well OK cash has a wallet for it and stakes very well at 7 watts of power, I think we could ALL use that break in costs esp now with the price of all Crypto being so low, Keeping my 300 watt Laptop or 1kw PC on 24/7 to stake noble is just not worth it right now in the cost of power vs.. coins ...  I still hold all my noble, never dropped a dime, however, I do not stake because 300 watts 24/7 is too much to pay

I thought thats was the whole idea for the NOXT project??? Easy mobile transactions

As much as they are sister coins, they are independent of each other and should be developed as such, NOXT is rofo's new baby while Noble has become Eagles baby, I am sure there is some collaboration,  however, my concern is for noble being a useful marketable coin for charity as it was intended and for that is needs to become useable - granma factor and mass adoption as described in my long winded post above... Noble has it's own life lead....

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
Fishmaster42

Activity: 803

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 02:17:30 AM

Also the Raspberry PI offer above....  well OK cash has a wallet for it and stakes very well at 7 watts of power, I think we could ALL use that break in costs esp now with the price of all Crypto being so low, Keeping my 300 watt Laptop or 1kw PC on 24/7 to stake noble is just not worth it right now in the cost of power vs.. coins ...  I still hold all my noble, never dropped a dime, however, I do not stake because 300 watts 24/7 is too much to pay

As much as they are sister coins, they are independent of each other and should be developed as such, NOXT is rofo's new baby while Noble has become Eagles baby, I am sure there is some collaboration,  however, my concern is for noble being a useful marketable coin for charity as it was intended and for that is needs to become useable - granma factor and mass adoption as described in my long winded post above... Noble has it's own life lead....
Lot of good points, are far as noble and NOXT I think everything has worked out for the best. ROFO is free to innovate and not have to bother with the small stuff we already agree on. Eagle is here to help guide our community, hes our manager. But the rest of us need to continue to bring ideas to the table and hash out the details. Android and Pi wallet I think it will bring some new people in. I wish it would stake, having our wallets on a Pi box is cheap. Kultus has many good points. Fish
kultus

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 10:50:15 PM

Lot of good points, are far as noble and NOXT I think everything has worked out for the best. ROFO is free to innovate and not have to bother with the small stuff we already agree on. Eagle is here to help guide our community, hes our manager. But the rest of us need to continue to bring ideas to the table and hash out the details. Android and Pi wallet I think it will bring some new people in. I wish it would stake, having our wallets on a Pi box is cheap. Kultus has many good points. Fish

9 days later and the conversation is dead ? I know can be a shit to deal with, but surely ya'll not that scared of me ...

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
Fishmaster42

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:07:47 AM

9 days later and the conversation is dead ? I know can be a shit to deal with, but surely ya'll not that scared of me ...
Im still with you hanging on every word.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:43:59 AM

Seems like pump time for nobl.

Any idea where it can go?
Backlash

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:11:00 AM

Any idea where it can go?

Nobody knows. If NOBL picks up some of the hysteria that EMC2 has right now, NOBL could be at 100+sat in no time. But, it's unlikely it will surpass previous highs of 15 to 20 sat.
Just my educated guess.
I really hope NOBL goes ballistic. That would make me very happy.
HerCule

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:40:21 AM

NOBL pump incoming!
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 03:14:57 PM

Spring Staking Promotion - Update after almost 3 months

It has been almost 3 months since start of promotion. We started on the 7th of April.

1. Staking ratio and difficulty
Staking Coins for the last 1000 Blocks: 21.4% (increase from 18.9% reported previously)
Difficulty is at 2.74 right now (decrease from 6.23).

2. Rewards paid so far
500000 NOBLE: 1 time
100000 NOBLE: 5 times
10000 NOBLE: 60 times
1000 NOBLE: 600 times
100 NOBLE: 5994 times

3. Remaining balance
107 759 NOBLE (decrease from more than 2 000 000 reported two months ago).

4. Future
This promotion is called 'Spring staking promotion'. It is summer now and funds are about to dry up. Should we keep it running? IF people think this idea still makes sense and want to contribute towards it feel free to send donations to address: 9qnqPmfLgxFrevQcZaDcrxVHMA7KbowuQV
Uponnothing

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:47:24 PM

Long time Noble holder who hasn't really opened his wallet for a long, long time. Have now updated to POS wallet and have coins in it (just over 9m) and wondering how long they need to be in the wallet before they can start staking - or do I need to send those coins to an exchange and back to enable them to mature and start staking?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
usmcgizmo

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:11:55 AM

Long time Noble holder who hasn't really opened his wallet for a long, long time. Have now updated to POS wallet and have coins in it (just over 9m) and wondering how long they need to be in the wallet before they can start staking - or do I need to send those coins to an exchange and back to enable them to mature and start staking?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Same here. Farmed from day one, sitting on almost 100M NOBL now. for best staking i've broken those down into ~2M per NOBL address within my wallet. then just make sure you've unlocked your wallet to stake. fairly straight forward.

i had them sitting as one lump sum for about a month and then i just never seemed to get anything after that .... lumps of 2M was my happy place
Uponnothing

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:55:23 PM

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Same here. Farmed from day one, sitting on almost 100M NOBL now. for best staking i've broken those down into ~2M per NOBL address within my wallet. then just make sure you've unlocked your wallet to stake. fairly straight forward.

i had them sitting as one lump sum for about a month and then i just never seemed to get anything after that .... lumps of 2M was my happy place

So, send out amounts of 2m to an exchange and then send them back - I'm not sure what you mean by different addresses within your wallet.

Almost 100m! That is a lot of Noble. I seemed to lose a few million moving from mining to POS, wallet never seemed to get the full amount of Noble over.
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 10:28:26 PM

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

There is no need to send coins to exchange back and forth. General idea is to create new address/addresses in your wallet and then to send there money from your old address which contains lots of coins.

To create new address:
- click on 'Receive coins'
- 'New address' - you can provide label if you like

And in order to send money in chunks from old and fat address:
- click on 'Send coins'
- click on 'Coin control features'/'Inputs'
- select address where you hold coins
- click 'OK'
- paste new address into 'Pay To' or provide its label into 'Label'
- fill 'Amount' field
- click on 'Send'
- wait for this transaction to show up in a block explorer before creating new one

This is the most basic scenario. In order to speed things up it is recommended to create several new addresses and send money to several addresses at once.
Uponnothing

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 09:43:51 AM

Thanks, now staking and getting some Noble through that.

This thread seems to have slowed down - what is happening with Noble - I can see the Noble app which looks very impressive, why hasn't that gained more traction?
Fishmaster42

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 01:45:39 AM

Thanks, now staking and getting some Noble through that.

This thread seems to have slowed down - what is happening with Noble - I can see the Noble app which looks very impressive, why hasn't that gained more traction?
Good question, Rofo has been pushing updates and patches to the new app I have downloaded it and it is impressive. you can find out more about the app here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0
The website has been reworked @ https://www.noblemovement.com/. Not sure if noble Pay and , Gift are back live yet but he is always patching stuff and fixing stuff. As for us here we have been talking about the Android wallets and such see posts above. If you have any input on that would be helpful. Fish
Uponnothing

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 08:20:20 AM

I'm not sure if I can help or have input really. So many altcoins now that they are largely seen as speculative investments, rather than tools to use to send / receive money and pay for things.

What hasn't happened in my opinion is getting anyone engaged outside of a very niche community of tech users with using altcoins - and that's not terribly surprising given that for most people in most countries buying into a coin is not easy and often doesn't feel particularly safe - I lost many coins through various exchanges in the past that were 'hacked'.

How is the average person supposed to understand altcoins, and even then, pick one to use when there are so many options?

Part of me is tempted to sell all of my coins to BTC and then sell them as well and take the cash.
usmcgizmo

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:27:47 AM

was there a goal for how much NOBL you wanted to continue the rewards?
usmcgizmo

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 07:50:31 PM

anyone know why NOBL has taken a sudden interest on Poloniex. i hasn't just increased in price, it's increased in underlying support of that price.

i'm certainly not complaining, just curious
Fishmaster42

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 11:09:06 PM

anyone know why NOBL has taken a sudden interest on Poloniex. i hasn't just increased in price, it's increased in underlying support of that price.

i'm certainly not complaining, just curious
Noble coin will rule the world. Noble unlike most coins actually has a utility. People pay bills, buy gift cards, the noble app. I assume if you pay for something with noble the people that got paid need to be able to get fiat for the stuff they sold. I believe this is what we are seeing here. Thats my guess.  Whatever it is I love it.  Fish
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 08:27:34 PM

the activities inside noblecoin cant be the reason of increased trade volume

so its related to stuff rofo does where he always state NOXT and NOBLE are the primary coins (DMD and ERC also will be useable without extra fee)

or its market manipulation of someone abuse noble for PnD games

i hope rofo activities are the reason

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Pages: « 1 ... 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 [563] 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: