Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:41:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052957 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tweek

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 06:54:05 AM

For those who don't hang out in mIRC I'll post a summary/overview of all the conversations & info. given today as an update shortly.

Some people have to sleep you know :p
I always sleep when the good stuff is being discussed in IRC Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:16:24 AM

For those who don't hang out in mIRC I'll post a summary/overview of all the conversations & info. given today as an update shortly.

And me. Think I am going to leave it on on my server.
Tweek

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 07:19:47 AM

And me. Think I am going to leave it on on my server.
I have IRC logged in all night, but reading back 100+ lines of text is a lot of work, which I don't usually have the time for.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:13:43 AM

timezones are a bitch Wink
a3tje

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:24:37 AM

Hmmm haven't been very active with Noble last weeks but wanted to reply to the accusations regarding 51% attacks and people trying to destroy Noble. I really and honestly do believe there is more scam in Crypto's than we might think.

I am seeing more and more signs of that there is a "group" of people playing with us (honest people) to make money. Think the best example would be the "unfair" release of ASIC miners, it is clear they have been existing for longer than we know. Meaning they were build / used before any of us knew about it and gave the "investors" the opportunity to mine coins really cheap and stack up. Right now it seems the same thing happened to X11 algo, it seems that they found a way to mine X11 with asics (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=540160.0).

Besides these kind of scams, it seems there is also a group of "scammers" constantly creating new coins that promise innovation / GUI / algo's and do not deliver. In short they create a new coin that promises much a instantly gets into 1 or 2 exchanges (how the @%@#$ can that be). I am not talking about shitcoins but about coins that really do have a decent website, whitepaper, release etc but stop as soon as things are really taking of. Why because all the "early" investors just get out of the coin and take our money (look what happened to all the populair coins from last month....). Yes we (the smaller hands) invest and get out as soon as the big drop starts but we are talking about 2K/3K of BTC per day, it's not the smaller hands that invest.

I have seen people post pictures of threat that came to their inbox when they were screaming "SCAM" and giving "proof" of the scam. First i did not think much of it but it seems like logical when you think about it. When you have gained large amounts of Bitcoins in the past, why not create a investment group that sort of controls the market to double / triple your money? When I would have more than 10K of coins I would contact other whales too and ask them if we could group up to protect our "investment".

Then there is the point of people asking for a richlist or saying "Anon" is soo important... Sorry but to my understanding, if I have 10K BTC and want to hide that from the world, I just open the BTC wallet 25 times and put around 400 (not exact amount to not look obvious) BTC in each wallet. As simple as that, impossible to trace, impossible to find out and also impossible to notice on the richlist!

People who are rich, did not become rich to give it away (look at how less BTC has been donated)! Good reallife example is Carlos Slim http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Slim:
The Mexican magnate's growing fortune has caused controversy, because it has been amassed in a developing country where average per capita income does not surpass $14,500 a year, and nearly 17% of the population lives in poverty.[43] Critics claim that Slim is a monopolist, pointing to Telmex's control of 90% of the Mexican landline telephone market. Slim's wealth is the equivalent of roughly 5% of Mexico's annual economic output.[32] Telmex, of which 49.1% is owned by Slim and his family, charges among the highest usage fees in the world, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.[44] Smith, Geri (March 5, 2007). "Slim's Big Giveaway: As the government steps up its scrutiny, the billionaire is stepping up his philanthropy". BusinessWeek. Retrieved May 27, 2009.

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
1Kb

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:45:00 AM

Besides these kind of scams, it seems there is also a group of "scammers" constantly creating new coins that promise innovation / GUI / algo's and do not deliver. In short they create a new coin that promises much a instantly gets into 1 or 2 exchanges (how the @%@#$ can that be). I am not talking about shitcoins but about coins that really do have a decent website, whitepaper, release etc but stop as soon as things are really taking of. Why because all the "early" investors just get out of the coin and take our money (look what happened to all the populair coins from last month....). Yes we (the smaller hands) invest and get out as soon as the big drop starts but we are talking about 2K/3K of BTC per day, it's not the smaller hands that invest.

You might find out that these groups cooperate with specific exchanges as well. I wonder how SNCX will do in the coming few hours.

And I am also very annoyed with the new trend to rename coins. Like CAI went to CAIX. This looks too much as being a smokescreen.

But than again, what do I know:)
murkster

Activity: 196

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:55:54 AM

They sure do, Ive been sailing the waters watching coins come and go, my sig shows some I have been involved in. Many more behind the scenes.

Have I made money? Some. All tied up up in numerous crypto. One I forgot about was third in total volume according to cmc yesterday!!

Cut and paste everywhere. Dont be fooled by the BitCoin ethos of no control no centralisation, gives a false sense of openness.

This is the most scehming business going, new scams daily!!

NobleCoin stands out and is a BIG threat to the scams. Its a war.. More and more announcements are going down like a lead balloon,  people are wising up. Pity so slowly.

I have one suggestion, NobleCoin should reach out to SysCoin/Etherium (sp) these are leaders in innovation, they are open and transparent as NobleCoin. Quite how things could mesh I dont know but the potential is HUGE for both parties....

Thats my 2 pence worth...

NobleCoin to the MOOOOON lol... Smiley

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:48:32 AM

@ a3tje, this basivally also means groestl is easily made asic ready; every sha-3 candidate needed the possibility for asics according to nist.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 11:56:20 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 01:21:23 PM by Rofo

NOBL 1.1

Update #1. A few things to note.

We will have an extra member or two on the team who has yet to be decided. Ideally we would like someone we can pay well, who is happy to be public and trusted and work with us. Many of the changes being explored and tested require someone with more time and experience than we have (we know PoW, compiling, security, MM & TX messages but don't have the experience with some dev aspects that we want explored for NOBL). We are talking to a number of people but would still like to meet with anyone else who may be interested. They will take the development further and oversee this initial switch alongside myself while providing ongoing support once it is done successfully. This will allow me to focus on and finish Steps, charity, the marketplace and merchants again (finishing everything we started infrastructure wise). It also means I can focus on promotion, meetings, professional opportunities to support NOBL, and correspondence. Myself and a few others can then solidify and continue the promo. blitz.

It became very clear early on that I could not be considered the developer for Noble with the dozen other roles I took on (which is why I like being called simple the 'founder', Jason works though), but rather the one working on other infrastructure and 'representing' it as best I could. Because of the explored and proposed changes, the commits & tests we've done in-house also mean it's best we get experienced and welcomed support rather than test new changes ourselves from scratch and put the code/fork at risk.

This fork will put an end to algorithm 'arguments'/concerns, ASIC concerns, huge supply influx/total cap, ongoing 51%s (our biggest weakness and concern) and the rest for good. Some concerns that I have personally thought were worth fighting through organically (though the 51% is not something you simply 'beat'), but I am not the be all and end all of this coin and hold zero grudges or bitterness about any final changes coming. Every choice has its pros and cons, and any final choice might change the underlying 'tech' of Noble, but it doesn't change (too strongly) anything else we are building or representing as a community. The pros can always be built upon, and the cons can be addressed and resolved as best we can. I need to step a little to the side (but not back!) so that my PDF and personal views do not appear to damage or hold back NOBL too strongly in the eyes of everyone else who supports and represents the coin.

I can't promise immediate deliveries as these changes go beyond just us and will involve new members. To be blunt, no matter what s*** gets thrown our way we will end up coming out stronger. Changing to fads for quick profit is one thing, changing after careful thought and out of necessity is another. We're not doing this lightly and want to be sure people understand this isn't on a whim, but is done due to months of feedback/'constructive criticism' and because I don't want to seem increasingly the dictator/controller of Noble even though my opinion may differ.

Here is our initial conversation, I'll be posting daily. As mentioned, this will take some time (2 week timeframe) and more announcements will come. The discussion here is good, we read it all and it helps everyone in IRC understand different situations. Please give us more ideas, 'votes' and feedback on what is wanted. While we're fairly confident on the final direction due to the massive amount of feedback and that final direction will be made clear with a lot of notice, a big change in support or opinion might shake/change things up a little.

<@Rofo> Thanks for the patience i am here. I'll post a small update, but this thing will take some time, but it will solve all the problems, and we no longer will have to worry about all the issues. I never wanted it to become a 'this is our ideal' versus the reality and demands of our community, well not demands, but requests and preferences. So were fixing it rather than letting us be abused over and over, us as in our hash & noble.

<@Rofo> I had my position and opinion, but they were just that. Since they dont work in the immediate term we're taking the feedback and resolving this for good. I don't want to be a dictator or central banker Wink I want to see noble last even longer than 5 months. It will not be an immediate timeframe, the fixes, because they are bigger than just me but they will be done this month - 2 weeks is our timeframe to have the full changeover/fork done. Then we can put it all behind us and keep working on our infrastructure/steps/marketplace/promo rather than constantly having to worry about the security and paramaters of supply/coins/hash/algo etc.

<kresut> that sounds like a relief and a step forward

<@Rofo> We have some patience, stick with and work hard to make sure what we represent more than anything stays intact, and we protect our infrastructure and once this is sorted our price will no longer suffer, since we're already low! Smiley

<KultusNagrand> So I read from that, we are going to a diff Algo then Rofo ?

<@Rofo> Well at our price and hash, an algo change might protect us immediate term from an ASIC for that algo but would it protect us from a 51%? I'll actually be asking for a final round of feedback/votes on the thread, and then go from there. We have the options: PoS, algo, multi-algo, forked to cap, protection via centralized checkpointing etc. and I've made my position well known, but I'm not here to argue or defend my personal position against the requests of the community since I'm not Noble alone, and I didn't want it to appear like it's all up to me. I want to fix it and focus on building rather than needing to worry about the tech specs every day. I'm not bitter about it in the slightest, the 51%s also forces our hand a fair bit, but I really don't want this to be a 'my opinion' versus what the community wants and what merchants/reality requires.

<@Rofo> Whatever choice we make it will go against what I've argued for from a personal position, and I understand and apologise that I can't make everyone happy, never have been able to that's how it goes, but it will be the necessary step to protect ourselves and take in the requests from the community.

<KultusNagrand> I have always had the up most respect for you J, Don't expect that to change anytime soon, what ever you do I know it will be in the interest of NobleCoin and hey lets face it you didn't waste 5 months to give up or make poor choices to your vested interests

<@Rofo> Put it this way kultus Wink Whatever choice we make shortly to protect Noble, we'll still be doing the partner coins that support all positions, they might just be released in different orders now.

<KultusNagrand> sweet Smiley I'm happy mate, in fact I am going to put another half a BTC from my pension in this week, just waiting for the fiat to clear to Coinjar ... stupid Bpay now no bank xfers

<@Rofo> Good to hear, I'd wait to get the full details though so you feel good about a choice. We dont usually go sub $100k cap so we generally wont dump any lower than this, but we just want to make sure that we do this change properly with no drama/scams or anyone bailing, so that we're stronger at the end of it with the same support and infrastructure. I hate rushing everything when i could vet/get input/someone with more experience. The people that have waited and worked with us for 5 months undesrtand and know that another couple of weeks to finalize a proper update are generally happy with it. If I could I'd get this done tomorrow and we'd all cheer.

<emma> Rofo: You are 100 percent right that you can't make everyone happy. I have total respect for you and confidence in your leadership behind this coin. And I think pretty much everyone does.

<@Rofo> Thank you i appreciate that. How I've honestly felt the last couple of weeks is that while I am in a leadership position and have my views on crypto and how coins should work, so does everyone else, and I'm not Noble nor do I want to force my view on everyone while putting us at risk because of 'personal' issues other players have with my PDF or opinions. But no matter what our views are, our hash/price and security is paramount and if we are getting 51%, no matter what we want to do or represent, doesn't work if malicious actors can abuse a small coin for profit. So we fix that and move on with any issues that arise because of a change and resolve them next, after our security is restored.

<emma> Even without any announcement but just the prospect of a discussion concerning an announcement, I wonder if that is what lifted the Noble market today.

<@Rofo> Most probably, a good number of people are aware of and like Noble, but don't like our paramaters.

<emma> I think it could be. Anyway Im feeling really optimistic right now. Im probably going to buy some more noble right now while its still a bargain Smiley

<@Rofo> If they know that we will change to something they find more appealing even if it against my personal 'purist' views (and I am flexible when reality sinks in), then we will probably get more attention. And right now since attention and security is what we need, I have no qualms setting my views to the side for what the community wants. I'd rather just clear the air so I can personally give everyone the marketplace and steps version 2, and positively promo noble again.

<emma> Well to be honest that is just part of good leadership. I wouldn't be interested at all in the coin if not for your idealism, but it doesn't do any of us any good if the coin isn't living.

<@Rofo> Exactly, I enjoy being an idealist and looking to the future, but i dont deny reality. I understand exactly how this game works, I just wanted to survive throughout it but it's too early at this point so we'll work on our other strengths. And if we get to the point where its just me conversing/arguing/defending our position while our price and security suffers, then we change simple as that. I think that's what makes a coin community truly strong. We have a problem, the price suffers, rather than bail people believe in the coin, and we change/fix.

<emma> +10000

<@Rofo> Any change will bring new criticism and issues but it fixes the bigger problems we got today.

<emma> Honestly just the very fact that we are talking about it, right here, with you, sets Noble apart. Many another coin would have had the devs pack their bags for the Caribbean long ago and it would just be the bag holders wishing for changes to save their bags.

<@Rofo> Pretty much, that's what i always wanted to prove. Even if everyone leaves, I'll be here with a marketplace and open arms to build something lol. It might not be bitcoin but its still rewarding and profitable for people that want to work on it and believe in it.

<emma> It's true, as you said, it is hard to please everyone. But truly, if there's an honest discussion and a chance for people to speak their minds, I have a feeling you won't get much criticism.

<@Rofo> Pretty much, a change will lock us out with some people that wanted Noble in another direction, but like i keep hinting, 'partner' coins. Right now we have to ensure our first coin survives and thrives though.

<emma> I like the sound of it Smiley Noble is the coin you keep.

<KultusNagrand> Here here Emma! Smiley ...  My coin to horde for sure Cheesy

<emma> Yeah I just placed a bid for another 1 million NOBL but who knows if it will get filled because this eagle is about to take flight Smiley

<KultusNagrand> I hear you Smiley

<emma> I'm going to someone to set us up a bot in here. Ive already talked to some people. And we are going to get a NOBL soaker. And I'm going to hose down this channel with NOBLE

<KultusNagrand> sounds like fun emma Smiley

<emma> haha yes!

<KultusNagrand> I tried to do a give away to my friends on Facebook a couple of days ago.... failed miserably, people just don't understand crypto, if we could make a short 6 min cartoon  with some real hard hitting information might certainly be the way to go .. 50k of Noble went up for grabs and all they had to do to earn it was learn how to use it and post me their wallet address .... not a single responce Sad

<@Rofo> Once all this is sorted, we'd like to move on to guides and a video. Once the gold & silver license comes in we feel there's not much more u can do to convince many people to learn about crypto if you tell them they can get bullion for these deals.

<KultusNagrand> I like to encourage more people to trade with noble not to just dump it for fiat ... that's always a killer

<@Rofo> Yep. That's why until all this began our focus was on the marketplace v2, we're gearing up to add all mining gear for all algos to it.

<emma> makes total sense. Wow

<@Rofo> The gold & silver license has really dampened our spirits we wanted it sooner, but we will focus on that once we do the spec changes.

<emma> You know to be totally honest I feel sort of badly for all the people who don't yet fully realize the potential of NobleCoin. I'm going to find those people and make sure they get a chance to get in on this.

<@Rofo> Well tbh i dont blame them. They see total coins, specs and don't believe any coin will last more than a month and the 'devs/founders' will scam. Our goal was always to be the exception despite our price. It's like OK our price has suffered because of 51%, specs people arent happy with, scrypt etc. But because were here for noble and building infrastructure for it, we change that, fix it and come out stronger and around longer. Then you make the marketplace too tempting to ignore with deals and gear.

<KultusNagrand> Yes, the give away is after the 300 sitoshi peak in the first couple of weeks you didn't dump and bail .... that says a lot ... the dev and commitment that has been put in  is second to none.

<@Rofo> Believe me i do kind of regret not selling more, because while I knew I wasn't going to bail people didn't trust that at the time, and it would have meant I could have propped up the price post-pump in this situation Tongue

<KultusNagrand> I regret buying @ a 100s... but I have made that back now

<@Rofo> But i knew sticking around and not moving the reserves during that period, was what was necessary to prove my point. Mind you it has helped my rep but unfortunately has meant I couldn't help Noble as much

<KultusNagrand> Exactly mate, you're doing it all right... hence I have been here from day one

adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:54:10 PM

This is great stuff. I want to reiterate that I think our founder has integrity and nobility that is unmatched in the crypto-world and is surely destined for nothing less than success and a great future.

As far as the change that is coming. What is the general consensus as far as the dev team? What are the best, narrowed down options? I do not quite understand what capped or multi-algo means.

Having centralized check-pointing seems to be very wise to me.

I would suggest X11 or PoS. Or a combination (if that is what multi-algo means). Preferably X11 out of those 2 so that mining can still take place and we can still have the lowly ones like myself able to mine coins.
voephilis

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:03:45 PM

thanks for the update, jason.
nice to see how things are going on in the next time. If I can help you in any way from germany let me know.

friend and me are working on a plan to integrate noble to a online clothes-shop based in south-germany.
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:23:35 PM

@ a3tje, this basivally also means groestl is easily made asic ready; every sha-3 candidate needed the possibility for asics according to nist.

I think that we should ask the question: NOT if any algo is easily implementable in ASIC, but:

How soon, for each specific algo, there will be a massive mining power available for rent?

For now we can rent: SHA-256 and Scrypt. I don't know about progress on x11/x13/keccak/groestl/scrypt-n/quark.

But I think the good algo should:
- not have any existing working asics (or, preferably, even fpgas) nor such devices even in plans
- be not very profitable at the moment and not very popular in the past (for example, Keccak can be a good algo, but because MaxCoin had its huge hype, there are probably, somewhere, many huge miners, also using botnets, server farms etc.) In general, massive hypes of PoW coins in the past usually were connected to someone having a "secret weapon", like earlier GPU implementation (not public), artificially ineffective public code, already programmed FPGA in the basement etc.

From the two above points I would say thay groestl OR groestl+another algo (multi-algo) would be the best candidate for PoW mining at the moment.
baloy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:29:46 PM

it seems that there is no pool that's mining NOBL on the past 3 days... tsk tsk tsk... all pools that i had tried showed zero hash rate...

can anyone shed light on this?

thanks...
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:44:34 PM

it seems that there is no pool that's mining NOBL on the past 3 days... tsk tsk tsk... all pools that i had tried showed zero hash rate...

thanks...
Yes, my friend. I will help you.
It was very exhausting for me to look at the ANN OP page and find a list of pools, but I did it, especially for you...

Try this one, works well for me:
nobl.lifeforce.info
whylieaboutcake

Activity: 245

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:49:40 PM

thanks...
Looks like a pool called lifeforce is working well: http://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/#!extraction

baloy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:25:49 PM

my friends... thank you so much... got my rig working... i'm very happy now... your help is much appreciated... i can now mine our beloved coin again...

thank you so much...
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:47:30 PM

Hmmm haven't been very active with Noble last weeks but wanted to reply to the accusations regarding 51% attacks and people trying to destroy Noble. I really and honestly do believe there is more scam in Crypto's than we might think.

I am seeing more and more signs of that there is a "group" of people playing with us (honest people) to make money. Think the best example would be the "unfair" release of ASIC miners, it is clear they have been existing for longer than we know. Meaning they were build / used before any of us knew about it and gave the "investors" the opportunity to mine coins really cheap and stack up. Right now it seems the same thing happened to X11 algo, it seems that they found a way to mine X11 with asics (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=540160.0).

I have seen people post pictures of threat that came to their inbox when they were screaming "SCAM" and giving "proof" of the scam. First i did not think much of it but it seems like logical when you think about it. When you have gained large amounts of Bitcoins in the past, why not create a investment group that sort of controls the market to double / triple your money? When I would have more than 10K of coins I would contact other whales too and ask them if we could group up to protect our "investment".

Then there is the point of people asking for a richlist or saying "Anon" is soo important... Sorry but to my understanding, if I have 10K BTC and want to hide that from the world, I just open the BTC wallet 25 times and put around 400 (not exact amount to not look obvious) BTC in each wallet. As simple as that, impossible to trace, impossible to find out and also impossible to notice on the richlist!

People who are rich, did not become rich to give it away (look at how less BTC has been donated)! Good reallife example is Carlos Slim http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Slim:
The Mexican magnate's growing fortune has caused controversy, because it has been amassed in a developing country where average per capita income does not surpass $14,500 a year, and nearly 17% of the population lives in poverty.[43] Critics claim that Slim is a monopolist, pointing to Telmex's control of 90% of the Mexican landline telephone market. Slim's wealth is the equivalent of roughly 5% of Mexico's annual economic output.[32] Telmex, of which 49.1% is owned by Slim and his family, charges among the highest usage fees in the world, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.[44] Smith, Geri (March 5, 2007). "Slim's Big Giveaway: As the government steps up its scrutiny, the billionaire is stepping up his philanthropy". BusinessWeek. Retrieved May 27, 2009.

this is true.. asic manufactureres arent stupid. how else will they test the asics theyre developing? by mining on it before they even advertise it for sale. of course that will turn a profit.. and i imagine.. would be hard to turn off when you can build asics and rape all of crypto investment markets in a week. but way before them it is done by a kid in his bedroom with a soldering iron. alot of people dont know that there are already asics working with x11 and x13 algorithms.

Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:49:28 PM

I think that we should ask the question: NOT if any algo is easily implementable in ASIC, but:

How soon, for each specific algo, there will be a massive mining power available for rent?

For now we can rent: SHA-256 and Scrypt. I don't know about progress on x11/x13/keccak/groestl/scrypt-n/quark.

But I think the good algo should:
- not have any existing working asics (or, preferably, even fpgas) nor such devices even in plans
- be not very profitable at the moment and not very popular in the past (for example, Keccak can be a good algo, but because MaxCoin had its huge hype, there are probably, somewhere, many huge miners, also using botnets, server farms etc.) In general, massive hypes of PoW coins in the past usually were connected to someone having a "secret weapon", like earlier GPU implementation (not public), artificially ineffective public code, already programmed FPGA in the basement etc.

From the two above points I would say thay groestl OR groestl+another algo (multi-algo) would be the best candidate for PoW mining at the moment.

yes scrypt-n was compromised as well.. admitted by the developer of vertcoin himself.
Mikellev

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:57:04 PM

thanks...

nobl.poolerino.com will be back asap. We still suffer from the biggest ddos attack in history for us......

Sorry for that

Mike
pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:31:37 PM

thanks...

nobl.poolerino.com will be back asap. We still suffer from the biggest ddos attack in history for us......

Sorry for that

Mike

Someone is putting lots of resources on attacks against nobl, I hope he will lose lots of money before failing completely  Tongue

ROFO must have said something very true in his PDF if that is how they react..

Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: