Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:36:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jvff

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:21:59 PM

Hello,

just a quick idea. Don't know if it's a good one, but maybe it helps with future brainstorming.

What if we could set up a decentralized checkpointing system? The (non-average) user would specify a list of fixed checkpointing nodes they trust. Then, the user's node will promptly reject blocks that come from a different chain than the ones most of his trusted nodes have checkpointed.

In theory (or should I say, in my limited understanding), there wouldn't need too many nodes configured by non-average users to trust other nodes. Also, there might not be a need for many trusted checkpoint nodes. Each more active user of the forum can optionally set up one, and those who trust them can add them to their lists.

Obviously this would change the crypto-network from being totally distributed into something decentralized, but maybe it might strengthen against attacks.

Food for thought =)

Janito

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:05:21 PM

this is true.. asic manufactureres arent stupid. how else will they test the asics theyre developing? by mining on it before they even advertise it for sale. of course that will turn a profit.. and i imagine.. would be hard to turn off when you can build asics and rape all of crypto investment markets in a week. but way before them it is done by a kid in his bedroom with a soldering iron. alot of people dont know that there are already asics working with x11 and x13 algorithms.

Whoa, ASICs aren't made that way. Maybe a loosely efficient processing mod, sure.

If a "kid" really is designing ASICs in their "bedroom," he/she can easily be a multi-millionaire working on actual design projects not in the crypto-currency realm.
cdg1941

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:12:43 PM

this is true.. asic manufactureres arent stupid. how else will they test the asics theyre developing? by mining on it before they even advertise it for sale. of course that will turn a profit.. and i imagine.. would be hard to turn off when you can build asics and rape all of crypto investment markets in a week. but way before them it is done by a kid in his bedroom with a soldering iron. alot of people dont know that there are already asics working with x11 and x13 algorithms.

Whoa, ASICs aren't made that way. Maybe a loosely efficient processing mod, sure.

If a "kid" really is designing ASICs in their "bedroom," he/she can easily be a multi-millionaire working on actual design projects not in the crypto-currency realm.

probably referring to FPGA

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
hellscabane
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:27:15 PM

probably referring to FPGA
I'm not entirely convinced he was talking about FPGAs; after all the aggregate hashrate of one is going to be roughly equivalent to a GPU. Usually one FPGA chipboard outputs around the same amount as a GPU with similar geometries. So you'll need a farm of FPGAs to "rape" just the small crypto markets (such as Noblecoin).

That said, even modding an FPGA isn't that easy, but I wouldn't be overwhelmingly surprised if those sort of things already exist for some of the other algorithms (although they are very likely not made by "kids"). After all, it only took a few days for a few people to get a significant mine out of YAC after it came out (by adjusting the hashing n-factor in the software and making a simple wire switch on the FPGAs they had).
cdg1941

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:11:18 PM

with all that is going on and reading the frustration being expressed by many people that are tired of all of the corruption in the crypto community in many threads.

it almost feels like we ( the NOBLE community) are about to declare war on the corruption on behalf of the masses.

we are even trying to build a war chest of other currencies in order to buy Noble in order to support the price, we were even looking into a number of asic options, now my brother and i are rethinking our strategy to better prepare for the coming onslaught.

because i think we all can agree that if the developers are planning ( and it would seem so) a paradigm shift in the crypto world, there will be those that will retaliate.

if i may paraphrase Winston Churchhill,

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in pools, we shall fight on the threads and forums, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the net, we shall defend our island of HONOR, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the exchanges, we shall fight in the market places, we shall fight in facebook and in twitter, we shall fight in social media; we shall never surrender!!!

kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:20:12 PM

In the meantime we keep donating to Wolimierz Project and here is our current donation in PLN:

Thanks for your support!
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:45:36 PM

Noblecoin gained +25% in the last 24hours on Poloniex, I think this is the right time to buy some more because it's about to break the downtrend.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:00:51 PM

Noblecoin gained +25% in the last 24hours on Poloniex, I think this is the right time to buy some more because it's about to break the downtrend.

Good idea, do as you say and don't buy too little.
cdg1941

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:14:37 PM

Good idea, do as you say and don't buy too little.

gotta get more BTC to buy more..... DAMNIT!!!!!!!

cdg1941

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:28:28 PM

for those that don't know poolerino is back up

Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:01:50 AM

well isnt that it? they make it in their bedroom.. it might be a hackjob for a while but itll work.. and then once they gain enough investment capital they go mainstream with it and offer it on the market. im using kid loosely.. college student, asian tech teens etc. they can buy asic chips on the market and build the rest of the circuit etc. those kind of parts are much easier to get in china.
hellscabane
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:19:36 AM

well isnt that it? they make it in their bedroom.. it might be a hackjob for a while but itll work.. and then once they gain enough investment capital they go mainstream with it and offer it on the market. im using kid loosely.. college student, asian tech teens etc. they can buy asic chips on the market and build the rest of the circuit etc. those kind of parts are much easier to get in china.
Yeah, you're talking about FPGAs; it'd be practically impossible to repurpose an ASIC. I'll admit FPGAs pose a threat but, you'd need a lot more of them to mount the same type of attack than you could try to do with an ASIC. Once again, in terms of capital and space, it'd be the same (if not a bit more expensive) than a GPU farms, the only difference being the cost in electricity (which isn't necessarily trivial).
Coinler

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:28:35 AM

yeah fpgas .. lol forgot to mention those.

well i dont know for sure.. but china tends to have stuff like that waaay cheaper than anywhere else. i remember prospero asics were offered at $300 for 100gh sha-256 out of china while other miner manufacturers were still selling at up to $3000usd for the very same hashrate at the time. they even sell standalone asic chips on their website.
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:34:11 AM

Some whale it´s buying a lot of noblecoins, they are "smart" first dumping the coin and them buying a lot cheap.
hellscabane
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:11:17 AM

well i dont know for sure.. but china tends to have stuff like that waaay cheaper than anywhere else. i remember prospero asics were offered at $300 for 100gh sha-256 out of china while other miner manufacturers were still selling at up to $3000usd for the very same hashrate at the time. they even sell standalone asic chips on their website.
I do agree, the SHA-256 chips sold for ridiculous prices when the Avalons cut their batch three around this time last year. There was also the whole Klondike chip thing, and the PCB board set. That on top of BFL and the immense amount of hashrate that came from the success of KNC (although there is the whole issue with their second batch Jupiters). But if you look at the SHA-256 mining scene, ASICs was one of the driving factors that pushed their caps from ~$350M to ~$3.25B (the original Avalons and initial BFLs), and then a second push from ~$1.5B to ~$14B (in line with the KNC Jupiters, wave 3 of BFLs, PCB Klondikes). Frankly, I expect the same type of trend as sCrypt ASICs are propagated more and more; the only difference is that it will not be to the same magnitude and at most a handful of coins will get to ride the upswing while the rest are crushed.

The funny thing is that as scary as it is right now with a conservative maximum total amount of hash put into sCrypt being around 750 GH/s, that should be just a fraction of what the first few waves of major ASICs will be pushing. If KNC and Fibonacci stick to their roadmap, we'll be looking at a possible 5+ TH/s in sCrypt.

That's not necessarily a comforting thought for the GPU scene, but it'll do a hell of a lot for network security for whichever coins stick as sCrypt. That and the residual

As a note, I apologize if I came off as brash or anything like that. I was just trying to be more direct than anything.
voephilis

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:45:46 AM

always buy after a +25% raise Wink that`s the way how you can make 25% less out of your BTC. Either you believe in this coin and buy @ 15-19 or you buy only when others do. I buy when it`s falling
baloy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:54:59 AM

^ that's one of the secret in trading. always buy when the stock price or coin price for this matter when its in a bear-ish stage (low price) so that once the price will bounce back (bull-ish) and we would sell that stock or coin, there would be a profit...

Wink
Coinler

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:04:02 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 08:37:00 AM by Coinler

I do agree, the SHA-256 chips sold for ridiculous prices when the Avalons cut their batch three around this time last year. There was also the whole Klondike chip thing, and the PCB board set. That on top of BFL and the immense amount of hashrate that came from the success of KNC (although there is the whole issue with their second batch Jupiters). But if you look at the SHA-256 mining scene, ASICs was one of the driving factors that pushed their caps from ~$350M to ~$3.25B (the original Avalons and initial BFLs), and then a second push from ~$1.5B to ~$14B (in line with the KNC Jupiters, wave 3 of BFLs, PCB Klondikes). Frankly, I expect the same type of trend as sCrypt ASICs are propagated more and more; the only difference is that it will not be to the same magnitude and at most a handful of coins will get to ride the upswing while the rest are crushed.

The funny thing is that as scary as it is right now with a conservative maximum total amount of hash put into sCrypt being around 750 GH/s, that should be just a fraction of what the first few waves of major ASICs will be pushing. If KNC and Fibonacci stick to their roadmap, we'll be looking at a possible 5+ TH/s in sCrypt.

That's not necessarily a comforting thought for the GPU scene, but it'll do a hell of a lot for network security for whichever coins stick as sCrypt. That and the residual

As a note, I apologize if I came off as brash or anything like that. I was just trying to be more direct than anything.

there's already a new company set to release terrahash scrypt asics in the next few months.. so we might top that 5TH sooner than you think. but if you look at how market cap works.. the reason why market cap will increase is because of the amount of new coins generated in relation to the price that it holds at in the balance between miners, dumpers and buyers. basically.. if a new coin has mined 100 coins so far.. and it's market cap is $100.. to raise the market cap to $150 all youd have to do is mine 50 more coins.. not even send them to the market or anything.. but have them register on the block chain. market cap can increase while value decreases.. but ideally we want to have both market cap rising from new coins being generated as well as investors moving up the value of each coin. we can achieve that by making sure we have demanded technolgies that attract investors as well as slowing down the amount of coins that can be generated per day.

the asics will always enjoy much larger profit margins and so the temptation to dump faster than market growth will also be much larger. effectively the asic gets to sell all of his coins before the gpu miners can. and all can mean mining out the whole block chain and keep the price suppressed below anyone elses willingness to sell. which is what i think we are seeing with noble.
Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:13:40 AM

for those that don't know poolerino is back up

Yes, finally....took us 72h inkl. new servers, new hoster and more... what a ride. Dumb ddos attackers.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:32:10 AM

always buy after a +25% raise Wink that`s the way how you can make 25% less out of your BTC. Either you believe in this coin and buy @ 15-19 or you buy only when others do. I buy when it`s falling

exactly, can"t agree more. this is also what warren buffet states: sell when others are buying, buy when others are selling.
Pages: « 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: