Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:43:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:38:19 PM

Further discussions, including initial specifications that were proposed for first round of testing.

Please keep in mind I'm posting these as conversations because that's what they are. Nothing official or formal, but put out there because it's what is currently under discussion.

http://pastebin.com/expQa2MF (edit: 2nd lot added)

Further readings I personally found helpful:
http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Proof_of_Stake
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498739.0
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2976

A request...

Can we have the "Unlock wallet for PoS" option that is in the HBN wallet?

Otherwise it is a pain to have to unlock it regularly to mine.

I like that option too. +1

I can add that no problem at all.  Please everyone continue to have patience though, I am trying to accomplish everything very methodically and test at every step. Naturally this slows things down.  Also any help is always welcome.

Thanks Smiley

Don't feel like anyone is rushing you, take your time.

Let me know if I can help, I am only a java dev, but if you have anything you need let me know.
Hehe I've been there (Java and C# experience) but the code he sent me was too complicated for me. Before I dare add anything to the Noble live (or testing) environment I would need to figure out the way a wallet works first.

Presstab has been helping me so far with that though, giving me some links to some nice tutorial threads. If only I had some more time to learn it a bit faster. Sad

I looked at the code too and it was waaaay over my head!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
a3tje

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:56:26 AM

Here comes a shameful post from somebody that cheated and got burned  Roll Eyes Short version, I kind of lost a bit of my enthusiasm for NobleCoin as it was not moving in the direction I hoped. So I saw this little raw diamond called SilkCoin; a coin that is based upon nice slick wallet with great GUI and had potential. So I sat the ride (could have made +600% profit), was too stubborn to see it was going to be a "scam" coin and sold / reinvested. Anyway yesterday the news came out that almost all dev's just abandoned the ship, they sold their coins and all was over... In the end, I was lucky enough to not lose anything as I bought in really early but still it feels shit!!

My point is, that NobleCoin in alt crypto's is like a warm blanket in a cold winternight! This coin might not have the best innovations, the best marketing or a large investor behind it but we do have a steady coin that is transparent. I honestly did underestimate the scammy things that happen in this scene. One good example is that SilkCoin got targeted by a P&D group called BlackHand, they only invest to gain BTC and then try to ruin the coin! I am still surprised that people are that selfish, just for some $

Anyway glad to read the normal conversations at NobleCoin and to see that most of the brains are still active in this thread  Grin  Grin Seems one of the most difficult things in Cryptoland is to keep (good) dev's dedicated to a coin! We have seen this also with NobleCoin in the beginning, so sad to be honest because of collaboration could really make things work and trigger a change in the realworld!

BTW maybe we could get somebody to look at if they can "clone" the SilkCoin wallet (open source) and use it for NobleCoin.... Also their Eco-system idea is kind of briljant, it could solve the problem from going to POS that people don't want to leave their wallet open (just for staking)!

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 09:13:03 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 09:29:11 AM by Rofo

Here comes a shameful post from somebody that cheated and got burned  Roll Eyes Short version, I kind of lost a bit of my enthusiasm for NobleCoin as it was not moving in the direction I hoped. So I saw this little raw diamond called SilkCoin; a coin that is based upon nice slick wallet with great GUI and had potential. So I sat the ride (could have made +600% profit), was too stubborn to see it was going to be a "scam" coin and sold / reinvested. Anyway yesterday the news came out that almost all dev's just abandoned the ship, they sold their coins and all was over... In the end, I was lucky enough to not lose anything as I bought in really early but still it feels shit!!

My point is, that NobleCoin in alt crypto's is like a warm blanket in a cold winternight! This coin might not have the best innovations, the best marketing or a large investor behind it but we do have a steady coin that is transparent. I honestly did underestimate the scammy things that happen in this scene. One good example is that SilkCoin got targeted by a P&D group called BlackHand, they only invest to gain BTC and then try to ruin the coin! I am still surprised that people are that selfish, just for some $

Anyway glad to read the normal conversations at NobleCoin and to see that most of the brains are still active in this thread  Grin  Grin

BTW maybe we could get somebody to look at if they can "clone" the SilkCoin wallet (open source) and use it for NobleCoin.... Also their Eco-system idea is kind of briljant, it could solve the problem from going to POS that people don't want to leave their wallet open (just for staking)!

I really like the SilkCoin wallet and the clean design of a number of others. That's all I'll say at this point while we focus on PoS. Smiley

There are lots of coins with lots of community members and great volume (pump or otherwise) & BTC supporting them. In some ways I envy them, but the biggest problem is always figuring out if/when the BTC and 'movers' backing such coins are genuine or otherwise and if/when they will leave once the initial profit & hype is over. The Black Hand is an interesting name and is a group you can learn a lot from if you want to profit in this game. Another group/partnership I mentioned was The Unholy Trinity, which is still one of many groups, albeit smaller and a little outdated already. It's just how crypto is at the moment, lots of profit potential but unfortunately at the expense of others.

Let me just state something personally. This may or not come off positively. We move slower and make less announcements because we have to work hard with what we have and don't have the resources to pump prices or make big deals. We also move slower because we're genuinely working on things we are delivering. This isn't to say coins that make huge announcements and have huge uptrends aren't bullshit, but we consistently get compared to the latest hot flavour coins and all their wonderful innovations because we can't keep up. The majority of those coins don't deliver and have been abandoned in a month, that's the difference.

In terms of marketing more always helps. Here is another cold reality I feel applies to the scene that some people may or may not agree with. NobleCoin has had huge marketing potential with our original Water Project, with our international eSports sponsorship drive all over Twitch & the fact you can buy anything right now in the world from Amazon at a whopping 18% discount. They're a big deal and do draw eyes to Noble, but people don't jump on the train because no pump ('rise' might be a better word) follows such news. It might not mean we jump overnight (with a possible steep dump immediately after) or can promise immediate 10x gains, but to me it makes NobleCoin feel a little more real, if somewhat smaller.

With that being said, more is in the works and it really bothers me every day when I can't release particular info. I'm just itching to release. PoS & security is just our focus now until we can return to our truer 'roots'. We need some grassroots community driven movements for Reddit, Twitter, etc. and new community members that's for sure, but we are still growing.

Edit: I wouldn't consider any of it shameful. This is a fun game but money is involved and we all know the risks. I trade & take them myself just not with NOBL. We're not saints around here, just a little different and perhaps cuckoo for trying to do what we do. Wink

a3tje

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:54:31 AM

Anyway glad to read the normal conversations at NobleCoin and to see that most of the brains are still active in this thread  Grin  Grin

I really like the SilkCoin wallet and the clean design of a number of others. That's all I'll say at this point while we focus on PoS. Smiley

There are lots of coins with lots of community members and great volume (pump or otherwise) & BTC supporting them. In some ways I envy them, but the biggest problem is always figuring out if/when the BTC and 'movers' backing such coins are genuine or otherwise and if/when they will leave once the initial profit & hype is over. The Black Hand is an interesting name and is a group you can learn a lot from if you want to profit in this game. Another group/partnership I mentioned was The Unholy Trinity, which is still one of many groups, albeit smaller and a little outdated already. It's just how crypto is at the moment, lots of profit potential but unfortunately at the expense of others.

Let me just state something personally. This may or not come off positively. We move slower and make less announcements because we have to work hard with what we have and don't have the resources to pump prices or make big deals. We also move slower because we're genuinely working on things we are delivering. This isn't to say coins that make huge announcements and have huge uptrends aren't bullshit, but we consistently get compared to the latest hot flavour coins and all their wonderful innovations because we can't keep up. The majority of those coins don't deliver and have been abandoned in a month, that's the difference.

In terms of marketing more always helps. Here is another cold reality I feel applies to the scene that some people may or may not agree with. NobleCoin has had huge marketing potential with our original Water Project, with our international eSports sponsorship drive all over Twitch & the fact you can buy anything right now in the world from Amazon at a whopping 18% discount. They're a big deal and do draw eyes to Noble, but people don't jump on the train because no pump ('rise' might be a better word) follows such news. It might not mean we jump overnight (with a possible steep dump immediately after) or can promise immediate 10x gains, but to me it makes NobleCoin feel a little more real, if somewhat smaller.

With that being said, more is in the works and it really bothers me every day when I can't release particular info. I'm just itching to release. PoS & security is just our focus now until we can return to our truer 'roots'. We need some grassroots community driven movements for Reddit, Twitter, etc. and new community members that's for sure, but we are still growing.

Edit: I wouldn't consider any of it shameful. This is a fun game but money is involved and we all know the risks. I trade & take them myself just not with NOBL. We're not saints around here, just a little different and perhaps cuckoo for trying to do what we do. Wink
Smiley I understand that POS is the main thing right now, just wanted to bring the wallet under attention. Same goes for the Eco-system, it really is an addition (however it seems to be difficult to code) and unique feature!

For me it's actually positive that NobleCoin is stable and not having large swings. Yes we are not attracting the quick players but we are building our own fundamentals and core that in the future will be able to support all the innovation that is needed. Let other coins fight the war on innovation (anon, algo's etc) and we will stay true to our roots and implement proven innovations when the time is right! The way it should be done, downside is we are not one of the spotlight algo's!

ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:57:54 AM

Hi Rofo, nice post. Just like you I also liked the SC-wallet. Actually I started buying SC from the beginning down to 500 sat. then I kept on buying up to 3000 and waited all the way up to the top and beyond. Sold some coins around 6000 and starting buying again at 4000. Oh, shit , I reall messed up with my SC-trading. This morning when I heart bholzer wat taking over, I bought again around 600 sat, can't help myself.
I really admire the way you are running this coin. I had a lot of Noble from the start and only bought more. Like I posted earlier, give me sign when I can help with some big giveaway. I have like 5M Noble I like to use for a giveaway. Hopefully we can figure out some kind of optimal functional giveaway. I also read a lot about POS coins, and more and more I come to the conclusion that a really high POS-reward is important. I like your idea, where the percentage of stake depends on the number of coins open for staking. At the moment the 100% stake looks pretty good, but maybe we should try to set ourselves apart from the rest by offering an even higher yearly return than a 100%.
What would be an optimal stake-percentage might be a really important issue, regarding future succes for a coin. Maybe there is someone in here, who has a clear ( maybe mathematical view) on the subject.
a3tje

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:02:19 PM

Hi Rofo, nice post. Just like you I also liked the SC-wallet. Actually I started buying SC from the beginning down to 500 sat. then I kept on buying up to 3000 and waited all the way up to the top and beyond. Sold some coins around 6000 and starting buying again at 4000. Oh, shit , I reall messed up with my SC-trading. This morning when I heart bholzer wat taking over, I bought again around 600 sat, can't help myself.
I really admire the way you are running this coin. I had a lot of Noble from the start and only bought more. Like I posted earlier, give me sign when I can help with some big giveaway. I have like 5M Noble I like to use for a giveaway. Hopefully we can figure out some kind of optimal functional giveaway. I also read a lot about POS coins, and more and more I come to the conclusion that a really high POS-reward is important. I like your idea, where the percentage of stake depends on the number of coins open for staking. At the moment the 100% stake looks pretty good, but maybe we should try to set ourselves apart from the rest by offering an even higher yearly return than a 100%.
What would be an optimal stake-percentage might be a really important issue, regarding future succes for a coin. Maybe there is someone in here, who has a clear ( maybe mathematical view) on the subject.
This is THE cool thing about NobleCoin, openness and honestly are appreciated here! Something rarely seen at other threads if you ask me.

Anyway got the motivation again to contribute to this coin; I have to stay true to my believe that NobleCoin will be one of the surviving coins. The price is just a number made up by people who hold a too large % of BTC, it does not in any way represent the real value of the coin.

BTW yes the staking % is important, guess the dev team has a view about this

james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:53:21 PM

I have done a bit of reading into it, and think the higher the better, especially as the plan is to make it dynamic which would ultimately lower the %.

Rofo mentioned possibly 150% or 175%.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:12:45 PM

Any calculations on the expected daily inflation? (considering 14 400 000 coins will hardly ever be reached)
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:28:24 PM

Any calculations on the expected daily inflation? (considering 14 400 000 coins will hardly ever be reached)

I have no estimates. It will take a month or two of seeing the stakes come in to make any reasonable guess. But you are totally right, 14.4m will almost never be seen.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
elizabeth00

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:34:11 PM

VOTE FOR NOBLECOIN
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
ontopicplease

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:45:43 PM

This is THE cool thing about NobleCoin, openness and honestly are appreciated here! Something rarely seen at other threads if you ask me.

Anyway got the motivation again to contribute to this coin; I have to stay true to my believe that NobleCoin will be one of the surviving coins. The price is just a number made up by people who hold a too large % of BTC, it does not in any way represent the real value of the coin.

Somewhere in the near future, people will start to realise, they can only invest safe, in coins where things are visible, clear, open and honest. I myself, lost so many coins because of all the scams; coinmarket, coinexpw, eac, dcm, nja and a lot more. Speaking for myself, I am going to be more and more carefull regarding my choice of coin. Eventually there will be sites/persons that are going to invest every new coin really secure and give ratings...etc. Eventually interest in NobleCoin will go up, I am very sure. By the way, I am not angry or mad versus the scammers. This crypto world is wild west, I like it and I know it is full of scammers. But like most of you, I believe in crypto and I am convinced crypto will survive and lead to a better world.
ontopicplease

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:01:28 PM

Regarding the percentage of stake we are going to offer with Noble, I have some ideas. I Always like to think in marketcap and time frames. Imagine we start POS in a couple of weeks where our marketcap is $ 150,000.
Lets try to estimate how things will look like in 1 year.
Don't forget that at June 2015, the crypto market will be dead or grown a lot. I don't expect to see the same marketcaps for crypto's.
There are different scenario's.
1. Noble died, this is a situation we don't have to discuss, easy; it's over.
2. Noble didn't die. In this case Noble must have done well. The chance we are still hanging around a $ 150,000 marketcap is not so probable. Chances are good Noble will be worth a couple of Millions.
So, in case Noble is worth a couple of millions, lets say 3 million, this means we are worth 20 times from what is is worth now.
Lets say for in stance we were 100% stake, that means 1 Noble Coin will between 150 and 200 sat.
In case we did a 300% stake this means 1 Noble is between 75 and 100 sat.

What I actually want to say; it's easy we die or we will do good. When we do good than even a 300% stake will be no problem to let each Noble coin rise a lot in value.

I personally, would go for a high starting stake for the first year and then diminishing over the years.

For instance 200%,100%, 50%...etc
baloy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:24:51 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 09:56:07 AM by baloy

for this week, i had traded my BTC to NOBL...  Cool

in my short experience in this Crypto world (i'm 36 days old in this passion of ours), I do believe in NOBL's future...

cheers!
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:59:59 AM

Quick teaser of the progress I have made the last couple days  Cheesy  Happy to see it syncing  Roll Eyes

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 04:13:24 AM

Looking good, I see the coin control sneak peek you had to confirm was in there. Wink

NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:58:19 AM

Looking good, I see the coin control sneak peek you had to confirm was in there. Wink

Is coin control used to send coins with low ages instead of high stake power coins?
miKnutty

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:58:34 AM

Quick teaser of the progress I have made the last couple days  Cheesy  Happy to see it syncing  Roll Eyes

Looking good so far man solid work!
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 07:15:01 AM

Is coin control used to send coins with low ages instead of high stake power coins?

Pretty much.

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

ontopicplease

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:52:07 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 08:31:45 AM by ontopicplease

At the VRC thread, I was reading about veribit. When I understand well, veribit makes it possible to pay with VRC to every person/merchant that accepts bitcoin. Now, we are, more or less, forced to change to POS. It would not surprise me that in a couple of months every coin has his own kind of veribit. For instance Noble would go from 50 to thousands of Merchants. What I mean to say; we are in a phase of a big change, lets try to make all changes need, visible at the moment. In my opinion, after POS, this veribit thing is on top of the list.
http://www.vericoin.info/veribit.html
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:16:31 AM

At the VRC thread, I was reading about veribit. When I understand well, veribit makes it possible to pay with VRC to every person/merchant that accepts bitcoin. Now, we are, more or less, forced to change to POS. It would not surprise me that in a couple of months everycoin has his own kind of veribit. For instance Noble would go from 50 to thousands of Merchants. What I mean to say; we are in a phase of a big change, lets try to make all changes need, visible at the moment. In my opinion, after POS, this veribit thing is on top of the list.

sounds like a must have! Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: