Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:38:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:38:35 PM

Rofo, any chance to get an "Alias" system integrated into the wallet?

For instance you register your e-mail adres and then people can send Noble to your e-mail adress instead of the annoying and confusing random string of letters and numbers we have now. Would be awesome for newcomers!

I have 1 word "anonymity"  and 1 statement ... NO BLOODY WAY!!!

I don't think anonymity and a coin that is supposed to be transparent and honest go hand in hand TBH

The Development and development team of the coin was and is to be transparent, not who I am where I am from, I did not sign up to noble coin to have my details spread around ... thats what cryptocurrency means to almost everyone involved; is a way to hold / store funds, buy and sell without the grubby hands of the taxing governments involved, by putting this feature in you are 1 HUGE step closer to that, Why the hell do you want my email address Huh why do you want to know more about me than you need to... as far as you are all concerned I am a bunch of random numbers and letters and I like that idea, I have never ripped anyone off in my life and don't intend on starting too, but lets consider Noble hit 50c a piece ... then I am holding millions of dollars of coins... for one hacker will want to use my email address to attack my computer to get at them ... second the government will want to have their cut ...

No way screw that !!

As far as I know aliasses are not public in the blockexplorer? And e-mail was just an example so friends can easily send you coins by entering your e-mail instead of random numbers and letters.

I am very much against this ... I want random letters and numbers... no emails, nothing at all personal ... just too easy from that point to hack or track .. and that I am sure is not ok with many people, not just myself ... I send my "email alias" to receive a payment, now it's in the public, maybe you could do it with both, but I still see a security flaw there.... wise man say ... what ain't broke, don't need fix!

If NOBL had an alias system it would be Voluntary!! So you could just use yr wallet address or u cld change it to something easy to remember or even an email. The choice is up to you. Good to have that choice though!!! No ??

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:33:38 PM

For instance you register your e-mail adres and then people can send Noble to your e-mail adress instead of the annoying and confusing random string of letters and numbers we have now. Would be awesome for newcomers!

I don't think anonymity and a coin that is supposed to be transparent and honest go hand in hand TBH

The Development and development team of the coin was and is to be transparent, not who I am where I am from, I did not sign up to noble coin to have my details spread around ... thats what cryptocurrency means to almost everyone involved; is a way to hold / store funds, buy and sell without the grubby hands of the taxing governments involved, by putting this feature in you are 1 HUGE step closer to that, Why the hell do you want my email address Huh why do you want to know more about me than you need to... as far as you are all concerned I am a bunch of random numbers and letters and I like that idea, I have never ripped anyone off in my life and don't intend on starting too, but lets consider Noble hit 50c a piece ... then I am holding millions of dollars of coins... for one hacker will want to use my email address to attack my computer to get at them ... second the government will want to have their cut ...

No way screw that !!

As far as I know aliasses are not public in the blockexplorer? And e-mail was just an example so friends can easily send you coins by entering your e-mail instead of random numbers and letters.

I am very much against this ... I want random letters and numbers... no emails, nothing at all personal ... just too easy from that point to hack or track .. and that I am sure is not ok with many people, not just myself ... I send my "email alias" to receive a payment, now it's in the public, maybe you could do it with both, but I still see a security flaw there.... wise man say ... what ain't broke, don't need fix!

If NOBL had an alias system it would be Voluntary!! So you could just use yr wallet address or u cld change it to something easy to remember or even an email. The choice is up to you. Good to have that choice though!!! No ??

Yes, I think it would be really useful, "just send me 1000 noble to xxx@mail.com" would be very easy.
kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:10:44 PM

No way screw that !!

Yes, I think it would be really useful, "just send me 1000 noble to xxx@mail.com" would be very easy.

I will say this, I would want a choice or I would be out, I don't want a way for the government to track my funds, but more to the point I would not want a easy in for hackers to gain access to my computer, yes I understand being vigilant etc but we've all been had once before, it only takes a good confidence scam and your email for payment  and you lose the lot...

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:16:09 PM

Yeah, this alias feature could be useful.
There are already web services doing that (meaning that the feature is beeing used):
https://www.bitiom.com/  for bitcoins
http://coinly.info/faq.php   for altcoins

But I've never heard before about integrating this into the wallet.
Should be quite easy to code, and pretty innovative in the area of altcoins?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:02:59 PM

No way screw that !!

I fail too see why it has to be one or the other. Why can't either one be an option?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:43:28 PM

NXT have an alias system in wallet. Wld definitely need to be voluntary!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:45:24 PM

and doesnt have to be an email, can be  a phrase you like or a ccollection on numbers you easilly remember

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:25:50 PM

and doesnt have to be an email, can be  a phrase you like or a ccollection on numbers you easilly remember

Exactly, email was only an example.

Also, as others have pointed out, it would be totally voluntary. You should never have to register an alias if you don't want to.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:26:20 PM

Yeah, this alias feature could be useful.
There are already web services doing that (meaning that the feature is beeing used):
https://www.bitiom.com/  for bitcoins
http://coinly.info/faq.php   for altcoins

But I've never heard before about integrating this into the wallet.
Should be quite easy to code, and pretty innovative in the area of altcoins?

I like the bitiom example. Using for example @NorrisK as alias to send me coins Cheesy
kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:25:51 PM

No way screw that !!

I fail too see why it has to be one or the other. Why can't either one be an option?

No way screw that !!

I will say this, I would want a choice or I would be out, I don't want a way for the government to track my funds, but more to the point I would not want a easy in for hackers to gain access to my computer, yes I understand being vigilant etc but we've all been had once before, it only takes a good confidence scam and your email for payment  and you lose the lot...

you missed the last post on page 412

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:35:48 PM

Yeah I read that after I replied. Doh. Smiley

So is there a link to all the new wallet additions currently?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 05:33:30 AM

Yeah I read that after I replied. Doh. Smiley

So is there a link to all the new wallet additions currently?

There are a bunch of things like I said I'm incorporating into the wallet (this shows just IRC & block explorer). You might recognize the current colour scheme from another coin (playing with a few designs, I really like the CAIx & new Cloak wallet also - we'll probably offer a version of them all). I'm looking at wallet private messaging and market data tabs next. My biggest concern is code auditing and making sure a plethora of new features don't cause unwanted forks or are security leaks for ourselves or for exchanges.

The github is below. It's a placeholder at the moment until the PoS fork is successful so we can merge wallet/protocol and follow best github/development practices (our current github looks less than ideal from a security & professional standpoint). If anyone wants to toy with it/bug hunt and/or play around adding additional features go for your life. I'm more than happy to offer generous bounties. There are still a number of design/functionality bugs and the IRC can be fairly unstable (might be an environment issue I think).

The wallet github is a side-project (but still relatively stable) and a placeholder until we get PoS out. The protocol/hard fork is being handled externally by someone more experienced with PoS than myself. My work is prioritised elsewhere but it is indirectly related and will benefit us in the long run, that's all I can really say. I'm hoping to push out a wallet upgrade (non-mandatory) that is more stable/design polished every couple of weeks (non source, compiled version).

Github: https://github.com/jlcurby/NobleCoin-wallet-placeholder (anyone compiling might need to change dependency folders)

ilusm

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:44:37 AM

Good! the dev is working hard and full of responsibility!

pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:31:19 AM

Good! the dev is working hard and full of responsibility!

No shit sherlock Tongue
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:45:02 AM

I LOVE new features in a wallet. I followed the progress of SilkCoin wallet for a moment (never bought a SC though, fortunately) and I liked the design.
- The sooner, the better, but indeed, a security audit would be necessary. But it involves hiring an auditor to inspect the code, right?
- The possibility of choosing the version of the wallet app would also be great! (just between colour themes OR between some more/less sophisticated versions with different functions).
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:03:08 PM

Awesome work on the wallet Rofo, it looks really good!  Shocked

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
voephilis

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:03:58 PM

Love the look of the wallet! Smiley You are awesome, rofo & team!
spofas

Activity: 261
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 04:42:07 PM

Not sure why my message was deleted, but eitherway: lovin' the new wallet.
Can't wait for PoS!

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 10:01:27 PM

Not sure why my message was deleted, but eitherway: lovin' the new wallet.
Can't wait for PoS!

I noticed that. I read it and it was gone, but wasn't done on my end!

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 10:20:47 PM

Thanks guys. We got a lot of things we're trying to work on moving forward, which is why we're beginning to scount for more paid development and team members longterm. It should all come hitting in one after another later in the year.

I really like the idea of teams and developers trusted and paid to work on their 'specialities' across multiple coins that offer something different.

Pages: « 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: