Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:40:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we stop now?  (Read 2812 times)
freequant (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:03:59 PM

Are we going to continue endlessly with this stupid drama until the whole spirit behind Bitcoin is gone?
It is going nowhere.
If we continue inflating the scandal, it is going to end up in the media, and that's in nobody's interest.

So let's stop here please and go back to our business.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:06:08 PM

Agree.
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:09:53 PM

Did I miss something?

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 05:12:07 PM

Stop Bitcoin?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:12:52 PM

Stop Bitcoin?

Yes, it was all a big joke in reality.  Shocked Wink

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:15:55 PM

Are we going to continue endlessly with this stupid drama until the whole spirit behind Bitcoin is gone?
It is going nowhere.
If we continue inflating the scandal, it is going to end up in the media, and that's in nobody's interest.

So let's stop here please and go back to our business.

This  Roll Eyes

freequant (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:36:26 PM

Stop Bitcoin?

--- the end ---

That's all folks!
Did you like the scenario?
I think I did particurly well with the characters of Satoshi, Gavin and Bruce, but maybe I put a bit too much twists and turns to the plot.
The most difficult part was to package a large chunk of code that would compile and be too complex for anyone to understand before the scenario finish to unfold.

Anyway, thanks for participating to this internet-reality.
You'll receive coupons from our sponsor Groupon in compensation of the Bitcoin you thought you had mined.
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:45:44 PM

Agree.

I agree, we should take a page out of the Catholic Church's book and sweep this scandal under the rug, while aloowing the continued planning of Bitcoin trips and conferences to a city known for the very crime the scandal is about.

Ignoring potential crimes is the best way to avoid fallout from them.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 06:04:22 PM

while aloowing the continued planning of Bitcoin trips and conferences to a city known for the very crime the scandal is about.

They need to just go ahead and plan the conference for Vegas...or Chicago!

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BlockHash

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:07:43 PM

New Highly Moderated Bitcoin Forums are springing up everywhere....

There is now: 

https://bitcoin.org.uk/forums/ 

And coming momentarily...

http://www.btcforums.com/

Not to mention my own Google Groups mailing list...

http://tinyurl.com/bitcoinpeople  

Central to the libertarian ideal is censorship of anything that I don't agree with, including people questioning my decision making when it comes to where a conference is to be held and the reasons for holding it at said place.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:15:00 PM

If you really don't know what this is about, consider yourself lucky, and leave it at that.

If you still want to find out, it won't take much effort to figure out.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
ensign_lee

Activity: 886

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:15:10 PM

Did I miss something?

Uh...yeah. This...

Wtf is going on?

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
freequant (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:38:04 PM

Agree.

I agree, we should take a page out of the Catholic Church's book and sweep this scandal under the rug, while aloowing the continued planning of Bitcoin trips and conferences to a city known for the very crime the scandal is about.

Don't worry, it is already way past the point where it can be ignored by the community.
But so far, it is still not at the point where it will be picked by the press.
It is still just an affair of one guy related to Bitcoin, and not a problem for Bitcoin.
Now if we continue making such a fuss about this issue, it will go public.

So let's calm down and remember why we are here.

The scandal has unfolded, charges have been clearly stated, evidence has been published, and the defendant hasn't judged necessary to address it so far.
That is his choice and his problem, and how people will choose to deal with him in the future is their choice and their problem.
What else do you guys want? His head on a plate? Is it worth putting at risk the reputation of Bitcoin and our collective USD 60M+ of market capitalization?

How did his party react when Bill Clinton was involved in a sex scandal?
How did the IMF react when Dominique Strausskahn was charged of sexual abuse?
Politicians may be responsible for the demise of our economy, but they are wise enough not to saw the branch on which they sit.

Wistleblowing about one's misdoing does not mean we must continue going round in circles until self destruction.
I hope that was clear.

On a side note, don't forget that Bitcoin has or will have ennemies that would go to great length to bring it into disrepute without getting their hands dirty.
Such attacks could come anytime and take any form.
They could be complete setups of simply piggy backing on a base of truth.
Remember, the fake personae used by HB Gary on behalf of public agencies to manipulate the public opinion.

I am not saying that Bruce has fallen pray of such manipulation. He has acknowledged some of the claims.
But if I was working as a social engineer for the government, that's the time I would choose to kick in and give the extra push to divide the community, or take over leadership by channelling discontented members to my own forums and events.

This may sound paranoid, but don't forget that if the mind behind Bitcoin has decided to remain anonymous and withdraw from the community, there must be good reasons.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 07:37:55 PM

Fuck you with your community talk, you communist. This is the free market! Angry
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 07:42:00 PM

Agree.

Don't worry, it is already way past the point where it can be ignored by the community.

Now it might be:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3413928&pagenumber=457#post395014987
gw4tt

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 07:53:42 PM

I had no idea what was going on until about 30 minutes ago.. Wasn't paying attention i guess.
BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 07:57:04 PM

Agree.

Now it might be:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3413928&pagenumber=457#post395014987

Well, that sure is one way to destroy ones credibility within a community. I'm sure he'll be along any minute to tell us that this is VERY MISLEADING, but the judges ruling speaks for itself.

How anyone would trust Bruce with ANYTHING after this is mind boggling. This community had better do some serious soul searching, because this is the last thing Bitcoin needs. I can see the articles now "Bitcoins biggest proponent is a scam artist" and citing all of this juicy stuff.
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:44:48 PM

How anyone would trust Bruce with ANYTHING after this is mind boggling. This community had better do some serious soul searching, because this is the last thing Bitcoin needs. I can see the articles now "Bitcoins biggest proponent is a scam artist" and citing all of this juicy stuff.

How anyone trusted him after MyBitcoin stole everyones' coins after Bruce endorsed them for ages is mind boggling.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:47:48 PM

Agree.

It is still just an affair of one guy related to Bitcoin, and not a problem for Bitcoin.
Now if we continue making such a fuss about this issue, it will go public.

So let's calm down and remember why we are here.

The scandal has unfolded, charges have been clearly stated, evidence has been published, and the defendant hasn't judged necessary to address it so far.
That is his choice and his problem, and how people will choose to deal with him in the future is their choice and their problem.
What else do you guys want? His head on a plate? Is it worth putting at risk the reputation of Bitcoin and our collective USD 60M+ of market capitalization?

How did his party react when Bill Clinton was involved in a sex scandal?
How did the IMF react when Dominique Strausskahn was charged of sexual abuse?
Politicians may be responsible for the demise of our economy, but they are wise enough not to saw the branch on which they sit.

Wistleblowing about one's misdoing does not mean we must continue going round in circles until self destruction.
I hope that was clear.

On a side note, don't forget that Bitcoin has or will have ennemies that would go to great length to bring it into disrepute without getting their hands dirty.
Such attacks could come anytime and take any form.
They could be complete setups of simply piggy backing on a base of truth.
Remember, the fake personae used by HB Gary on behalf of public agencies to manipulate the public opinion.

I am not saying that Bruce has fallen pray of such manipulation. He has acknowledged some of the claims.
But if I was working as a social engineer for the government, that's the time I would choose to kick in and give the extra push to divide the community, or take over leadership by channelling discontented members to my own forums and events.

This may sound paranoid, but don't forget that if the mind behind Bitcoin has decided to remain anonymous and withdraw from the community, there must be good reasons.

I am totally a government agent and not a bored college student who loves the schadenfraude of watching your hilariously dumb libertarian pet project, whose prominent members are among the worst scammers and sociopaths, falling down
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 11:34:18 PM

Stop Bitcoin?

--- the end ---

That's all folks!
Did you like the scenario?
I think I did particurly well with the characters of Satoshi, Gavin and Bruce, but maybe I put a bit too much twists and turns to the plot.
The most difficult part was to package a large chunk of code that would compile and be too complex for anyone to understand before the scenario finish to unfold.

Anyway, thanks for participating to this internet-reality.
You'll receive coupons from our sponsor Groupon in compensation of the Bitcoin you thought you had mined.
>.>
At least give me something from a good site.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: