Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:18:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: your view on homosexuality  (Read 1165 times)
ctoon6 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:42:12 PM

I am interested in what you guys think of it.

me personally i don't care. i would like for homosexuals to have equal rights like everyone else, and i would vote in favor of it.

history lesson: greeks and romans too i think, thought it was nothing AFAIK.
it also seems to be a US thing, although i don't know much about what Europeans think of it, i think i can safely say it is less hostile compared to the US.

it would be good if nobody used a certain set of words in this thread. if you dislike or even hate homosexuals and or their behavior, you can say so, but say why and do so in a civilized way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
max in montreal

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

I think homosexuality is not normal....but thats because I am not a homosexual and I believe I am normal... I do not have a problem with it. It is none of my buisiness what people do in their bedrooms. If a couple wants to be together, 2 men, 2 women or a man and a wonman, so be it. If they want to get married, go for it. If they want to adopt a child thats cool too.

If 2 people love one another why would you try to stop that. If they would like to start a family go for it!
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:57:41 PM

but thats because I am not a homosexual and I believe I am normal...
What a point
You're a man right? So being a women is not normal?
You're white? So...
etc...

I didn't expected that kind of "explanation"

Personally I really don't care what people do as long as everybody is consenting, hetero, homo, or even every kind of weird things

i think i can safely say it is less hostile compared to the US.
I think that too (maybe not in Italy though, I don't know)

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
max in montreal

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:20:30 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2011, 12:41:13 AM by max in montreal

but thats because I am not a homosexual and I believe I am normal...
What a point
You're a man right? So being a women is not normal?
You're white? So...
etc...

I didn't expected that kind of "explanation"

I meant to say the "norm"

"The norm" is simply "normal", but is stretched to mean "the average", "the mean value" or "the most common".

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_'the_norm'#ixzz1WYqav3Ti

When I was a kid it was not as common to see other kids with divorced parents, now it also seems to be the norm.

I did not mean anything bad by my comments.

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:50:16 AM

Acceptance and protection of minorities such as homosexuals is a sign of a civilized society.
Likewise - I take it as a sign of a civilized and decent mind when someone is tolerant and respectful of the rights of homosexuals.

For me, it goes so far as I'd be reluctant to do business with someone displaying homophobic attitudes.
I think people who don't understand the rights of others, or who make harsh judgements based on a harmless issue such as ones sexuality - are unlikely to be reasonable moral people in other aspects.

When I was younger I had the very occasional approach from guys who were interested in me;  I had no problem with it - I just took it as flattery.
A guy who knows what he wants isn't threatened by it in the slightest.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
BitOffer

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:14:23 AM

I was very homophobic growing up, and I would be lying if I said I no longer am to some degree. With that said, I have known many gay people and just like strait people there are good and bad ones. I have met some awesome gay people and am a better person for having known them. I have even been accused of being gay myself many times for just being myself, so I'm conscious socially of what it's like to be gay, but obviously I dont know first hand. You are either gay or you're not, it's that simple for me.

Some gay people navigate the world and get back nothing but hatred. They become highly self conscious and always wondering what everyone is thinking about them. They can become social elitists, always studying the human psyche. It's quite easy to fake who you are in a social environment and they can become extremely good at it.

Society has failed gay people. Most are too small minded to look past same sex relations. Sense most people dont think for themselves you can blame the media for this hatred(although i must note that this is changing - gays are looked at in a much better light in the media recently).

Gay people are a small minority in this country, but we should not condemn or judge them for being who they are. Let's give more credence to the content of peoples character and less about their personal preferences, because everyone is different; that's what make things interesting.
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 02:15:19 AM

Doesn't matter. Let people live their own lives.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
NghtRppr

Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 02:25:56 AM

Whatever two consenting adults want to voluntarily do to each other is their businesses. The funny thing is, for many people, that only applies to sex, not economics.
ctoon6 (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:30:25 AM

I was very homophobic growing up, and I would be lying if I said I no longer am to some degree. With that said, I have known many gay people and just like strait people there are good and bad ones. I have met some awesome gay people and am a better person for having known them. I have even been accused of being gay myself many times for just being myself, so I'm conscious socially of what it's like to be gay, but obviously I dont know first hand. You are either gay or you're not, it's that simple for me.

Some gay people navigate the world and get back nothing but hatred. They become highly self conscious and always wondering what everyone is thinking about them. They can become social elitists, always studying the human psyche. It's quite easy to fake who you are in a social environment and they can become extremely good at it.

Society has failed gay people. Most are too small minded to look past same sex relations. Sense most people dont think for themselves you can blame the media for this hatred(although i must note that this is changing - gays are looked at in a much better light in the media recently).

Gay people are a small minority in this country, but we should not condemn or judge them for being who they are. Let's give more credence to the content of peoples character and less about their personal preferences, because everyone is different; that's what make things interesting.

i like this and i share a lot of that.

JonHind

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 03:29:10 AM

Homosexuality is a pain in the ass.  Cheesy

Seriously speaking, I have absolutely zero issues with anyone being gay, bi, straight or whatever. Live and let live.
sequence

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 05:41:45 AM

I believe in letting two human beings whether hetero or gay have the chance at living their lives equally.  If they are in love then whose to stop them? In reality a heterosexual marriage has just the same success and or failure as a gay marriage would, let both parties find that out themselves, don't restrict them.
bitrebel

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:18:55 AM

It's GAY!    Cheesy

I Try NOT to view them.  Cheesy

I LOVE LESBIANS!    Grin

I think it's great your turning homosexual.  Can I have all your Heterosexual belongings?   Grin

I think more men should be homos. It leaves me with less competition!   Wink

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: