Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:40:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT 80 GH/s miner review.  (Read 7875 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Biomech (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:36:02 PM

Sorry,

orrible review.

4 minutes to open the box is not interesting.  Roll Eyes

Patience. I'll be doing a hell of a lot more. With far better video/snapshots too. My son really wanted to help. His help is a bit shaky, he's only 7 Smiley

I figured it would satisfy him and show the world that I actually got the thing.

In unrelated news, but relevant to why I'm taking my time, My daughter is due to be born in a few days. That likely will take precedence over filming and editing.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:17:11 PM

My 7 year old son hates BTC\LTC because I keep on re purposing his Minecraft rigs. Bought an AIO desktop over the holidays to solve that problem Smiley Great to see you getting your son involved in the tech Cheesy
russellthies

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:24:20 PM

Sorry,

orrible review.

4 minutes to open the box is not interesting.  Roll Eyes

Patience. I'll be doing a hell of a lot more. With far better video/snapshots too. My son really wanted to help. His help is a bit shaky, he's only 7 Smiley

I figured it would satisfy him and show the world that I actually got the thing.

In unrelated news, but relevant to why I'm taking my time, My daughter is due to be born in a few days. That likely will take precedence over filming and editing.

Congratulations!  I have a daughter due in April.  Take a break for a few days, but please, obtain and post the watt usage beforehand if possible!
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:34:42 PM

Biomech, Thanks for taking the time to do this.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:31:45 PM

Bio, if you need a killowatt meter, put one in your amazon wishlist and I'll buy it for you.

dreward

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:43:40 PM

Congratulations. Your review is fine and certainly thorough enough. I particularly liked the included link to your Eligius page (p.s. if you haven't already sign up for the nmc merged mining, its not much but a little extra cash for no extra effort is nice). I first started using Eligius when the pool was at about 1TH I think. Shocking to see how it has grown. When my 1.2TH unit comes in it will be less that 0.1% of the pool ROFL. Welcome to the fun world of bitcoin mining and the 24/7 hamster wheel of upgrades.

<<Full disclosure 1) I am a customer of AMT (but have yet to receiver equipment 2) Biomech and I have been conversing  privately for a few weeks>>

YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:04:05 PM

Bio, if you need a killowatt meter, put one in your amazon wishlist and I'll buy it for you.

Great idea. Thank you for offering to do this for him.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:11:05 PM

Great idea. Thank you for offering to do this for him.

Smiley

NaranKPatel

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:06:29 AM

Biomech, Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Same here, good effort, lets hope the next gen is relatively easy enough to operate as the Bitfury units.

Although I'm interested in how the low/normal and turbo power modes work in terms of power draw at the wall.
Biomech (OP)
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:53:46 AM

Well, thank you! I will do that. I'll PM you in a little bit.
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:24:40 PM

Biomech, great job so far. i dont mean to jump ahead on the forum, but could you tell us what the outputs on the system you have are? USB? ethernet? just curious because some of the pics of the miners on the AMT website show what looks like multiple USB plugs. the pics on the website dont look much like the one from the video.
its cool how excited your kid is. i have 2 teenagers and one is headed to LSU next year and is only now interested in mining once he figured that he will have free electricity and internet in the dorm. the younger one just hopes i dont turn his computer into a miner like it did with his brothers  Grin

Biomech (OP)
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:48:03 PM

Biomech, great job so far. i dont mean to jump ahead on the forum, but could you tell us what the outputs on the system you have are? USB? ethernet? just curious because some of the pics of the miners on the AMT website show what looks like multiple USB plugs. the pics on the website dont look much like the one from the video.
its cool how excited your kid is. i have 2 teenagers and one is headed to LSU next year and is only now interested in mining once he figured that he will have free electricity and internet in the dorm. the younger one just hopes i dont turn his computer into a miner like it did with his brothers  Grin

It has two USB ports on the front, which I'm not sure what they're for. It also has an ethernet cable out the back, which is what it's connected to my router with.
monsters4r

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:13:48 PM

Hi,

now that it seems you have 5 minutes to reply to posts , please take 1 minute to take photos (better a video) when we can see how good works your new miner.

Thanks in advance  Smiley

--- APOM - Anti Pre-Order Movement ---
Biomech (OP)
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:15:01 AM

Hi,

now that it seems you have 5 minutes to reply to posts , please take 1 minute to take photos (better a video) when we can see how good works your new miner.

Thanks in advance  Smiley

Coming soon. Probably tomorrow, maybe later tonight. Pics, I mean. The next video will be edited and somewhat less Charlie Foxtrot Smiley
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:00:33 AM

Found the whole thing charming, AMT prolly could have not chosen better PR person. Stick with it, and I would like to see a Big Ol' Gold $Bitcoin symbol hung on that hat... Yup lucky man he was....

Not kidding mean it..

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
Biomech (OP)
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:21:05 AM

Found the whole thing charming, AMT prolly could have not chosen better PR person. Stick with it, and I would like to see a Big Ol' Gold $Bitcoin symbol hung on that hat... Yup lucky man he was....

Not kidding mean it..

Well, if they offered me the job I'd seriously consider it. I like the machine.

As for the bitcoin symbol on my Stetson? I just might. But not till I can afford real gold. I like the idea.
Biomech (OP)
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:23:50 AM

Ok, folks. I worked like 19 hours or something like that in the last two days, with hospital visits in between. I actually have time right now, but I am too fuckin' braindead to take a decent pic. Tomorrow evening I will pop the cover and take some pics and post them up here.

As previously noted, Vesperwillow offered me a Kill-a-watt, and it's supposed to arrive just about when I go on leave this coming weekend, so when I get it, I'll do the deed and post pics of that as well.

G'night.
Biomech (OP)
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:00:03 PM

My wife is apparently in labor. All bets are off on the timeline. See you when I see you.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:22:11 PM

Hahaha tell your wife to hold it in!!

But seriously congratulations in advance on your new child!

God Bless!!
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:07:20 PM

Sounds like at least someone might be delivering early :p
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: