Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:04:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it bitcoin haram?  (Read 251 times)
farukahmed (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:31:04 AM

Haram means illegal, I don't see any special and logical reason behind the bitcoin is illegal. Day by day it's gaining popularity among the people who engage in virtual work. So i 100% believe that its is totally contradict the people idea about haram of bitcoin because its 100% halal (legal).

∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎   BlockMembers.io   ∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎
|▌ THE FUTURE OF HOME BUILDING IS HERE ▐|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:43:56 AM

Haram means illegal, I don't see any special and logical reason behind the bitcoin is illegal. Day by day it's gaining popularity among the people who engage in virtual work. So i 100% believe that its is totally contradict the people idea about haram of bitcoin because its 100% halal (legal).

Bitcoin is a currency.
Dollar is a currency.
Pound is a currency.
Euro is a currency.
All other fiats are currency...

Dollar, Pound, Euro and all others currencies are Haram?

I leave you to justify your statement yourself.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
kocokprotol123

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:57:39 AM

how about mining ?
it's haram to ?

i want starting mining bitcoin, but idk if that mining haram to
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:09:12 PM

how about mining ?
it's haram to ?

i want starting mining bitcoin, but idk if that mining haram to

Think about gold miners, coal miners. You are investing your labour, money to get a good return. If they are not haram then bitcoin mining is not haram too.

You are investing your energy (electricity, like labour in a fine field), money (buying hardware) to get a good return.

So, it does not meet the definition of haram. It's a business like everything else.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
saerlingen

Activity: 152
Merit: 4

Bet you won't click the signature link.

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:13:33 PM

Correct me if i am wrong but "haram" refers to something forbidden by muslim religion. i.e it is considered "haram" to drink alcohol/smoke.

Why would Bitcoin possibly be considered haram?

Then again, receiving interest is also considered haram by muslim religion so i guess their might be some tricky implication if you REALLY wanted there to be.

My 2 cents in this matter ; don't ask, just do. If you are interested in Bitcoin, do not hold back.

Godfather of Faucets (https://freebitco.in/?r=2033803)
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3592

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 01:21:20 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2018, 03:08:51 PM by hugeblack

There is no consensus yet, for each party's theory and argument.
1. The first party "Not allowed": It’s like "Haram," but it means that there are reasons for prevention such as High volatility, no profit guarantee. [Islamic Sharia sanctifies money and thus prevents anything that leads to wasting money or gambling]
2. The second party "unknown": This is the rule of the Bitcoin when most Muslim scholars.
Since There is no consensus among all Muslim scholars."Religious fatwa" It is up to the laws of states/countries.

Islam only recognizes the origins/currencies associated with gold or silver.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3196

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:58:57 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 03:45:51 AM by odolvlobo

I don't think the opinions of people here matter as much as these opinions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS1erx_eeXA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi6iAfrIcpA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeSTMFkFonI

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
without_my_moufles

Activity: 192
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:00:22 AM

I do not see any reason for Bitcoin to be intrinsically haram, after it depends on the usage of course.

Actually, it is also blooming in some muslim countries such as Indonesia where they started an Islamic microfinance fund using different crypto including BTC.

AshikurRahmanKhan16
Copper Member

Activity: 251
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:05:30 AM

I think it's not haram, though many columnists said that Bitcoin is haram because we can't touch it, we can't see it. We just see in virtually, That's why it is Haram. But Many columnists also told that Bitcoin is not haram, it is not harmful to anyone, It is spoiling the environment by its hash or mining cost, But This bitcoin is helping to build many people's life. So, it is not haram. And, I agree with the last opinion.
tranthetai

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:11:36 AM

I also do believe that cryptocurrencies have some potential, and they can be casually used in the future. Not sure how, but I feel like we should give it a chance.
Marksmanio

Activity: 149

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 08:07:42 AM

Some country regulated bitcoin. But in many country it is legal . It depends which country you staying .

https://www.coinvestasia.com/single-post/2018/03/26/CRYPTOCURRENCY-G20-RESULTS
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:36:36 AM

If you are looking for shariah answer you better ask ulama and not here, you should also check the ulama religious background and his credibility regarding this matter.

lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:48:13 AM

Bitcoin is a currency.
Dollar is a currency.
Pound is a currency.
Euro is a currency.
All other fiats are currency...

I leave you to justify your statement yourself.

Though the Dollar, British pound are not haram/illegal, there is quite good reason for that. First reason is US dollar,  british Pound are recognized by their respective country as a legal currency. Same is true for currency supported by other countries. Every country has their own currency. This is where bitcoin or for that matter cryptocurrency differ from other. These are not backed up by other govts(mostly). Many of them find it encroaching countries right to control economy.

To sum up, in purest sense bitcoin or cryptocurrency is not haram/illegal. Its legality totally depends on country in which you reside in.
kocokprotol123

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:28:21 AM

Think about gold miners, coal miners. You are investing your labour, money to get a good return. If they are not haram then bitcoin mining is not haram too.

You are investing your energy (electricity, like labour in a fine field), money (buying hardware) to get a good return.

So, it does not meet the definition of haram. It's a business like everything else.

if that so, i will starting mining bitcoin.

thanks
D3F4L7 RAT

Activity: 172
Merit: 34

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:15:17 AM

Well bitcoin is like any other currencies such as USD, KRW, EUR, JPY and other fiat currencies who are used in everyday lives. For some it can be illegal because there are no protections for either the consumer or the merchant, and that its use as payment is completely discretionary like in silkroad which is used as payment system for doing illegal activities called "Black Market."
HaniBaloch

Activity: 135

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:04:04 AM

Well bitcoin is like any other currencies such as USD, KRW, EUR, JPY and other fiat currencies who are used in everyday lives. For some it can be illegal because there are no protections for either the consumer or the merchant, and that its use as payment is completely discretionary like in silkroad which is used as payment system for doing illegal activities called "Black Market."
great thoughts, it is up to our activities whether our activities are illegal or legal....
ahtsham90

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 11:59:31 AM

bitcoin is just a currency like all other currencies. there is no any rocket science to understand about its functioning it is use to transfer the funds from one place to another place without involving any third party. it is being traded like USD and GDP it is pure halal

ULatmirah

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:00:15 PM

this is a true FUD. no one says bitcoin is haram. I means no fatwa (decision), there are only opinions. there are active boards for moslems counties (Arabic, Turkish, Indonesian) in this forum, those are enough to know that no haram for bitcoin.
icroatt

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:05:45 PM

Bitcoin was declared halal I believe.

Here is a link to an article about this Islamic Jurisprudence descision: https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-declared-compliant-with-sharia-law-price-surges/
ishietan

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:54:35 PM

I dont think so. Its just a another form of investment. Making money from a right way and used in a right way shouldnt be haram.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: