Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:29:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is There Any PROOF the FBI was Contacted in Relation to Mybitcoin.com?  (Read 2887 times)
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:13:04 AM

BTW folks, who was ALWAYS the BIGGEST promoter of MyBitcoin.com?

None other than Bruce!

Yeah, and he continued promoting them for weeks despite multiple people losing their coins and several public pleas for him to stop promoting them.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 03:07:04 AM

I am pretty sure one of the more seasoned SA members is preparing a full report with citations as evidence to the FBI.  I remember reading about it last night, I will try to located the thread post.

It should be noted that SA has assisted law enforcement all over the country on countless prior occasions, regarding fraud and crime.

You don't have to convince me, that somethingaweful forums is FULL of law enforcement officers, most of whom work for the Banksters and hate bitcoin.

But I think you completely missed the point of this post. If Bruce never made the initial complaint like he claimed he did, then he's the dead ringer for the elusive Tom Williams, given this newly uncovered info.

Do you have some place you can link to where he made that claim? I am very curious because in the Bitcoin Show episode 33 where he talks about My Bitcoin he very clearly states he did not contact the FBI but that it was the FBI that contacted him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FZldY-ZBBE  @ 31:10
 and back a few minutes at about 26:40+ he says the FBI "they're saying.. they're asking me to ask you if you've been affected by this...." to contact them.

p.s Here is the bitcoin addy Bruce listed to donate to Onlyonetv 14LhFtZu3aYYxpcKco3i6nRTW3ersuEqtq  no clue if its one he used any place else.
p.s.s  He states also that they only paid .60c each for the 25k bitcoin to stash, to umm, not quite stashing several hundred thousand there as I saw some people had suggested.

Now, in my own very personal opinion and after spending way too many hours looking into Bruce and taking into account what little info there is floating around on Tom Williams/Mybitcoin I have a very hard time making the leap to Bruce having any connection any further than what has been stated by him. Saying that is not intented to rule him out but I am fairly confident that if you have any desire to get to the bottom of Mybitcoin it will be better served through getting a court order first in Nevis to get info from Morning Star Holdings on Mybitcoin LLC and not by trying to find a connection between tom williams and Bruce because it does not appear to be there.

Though I have to admit seeing all the 'william(s)' references in the forclosure thing, positive poster Tod Williams, some names listed as plantiffs, 4 of them with the last name william and a very favorite spot to have icecream in a childhood since past, being named Tom's. The family of which has a maiden name of William shared among several is very very spooky to say the least. It is just as likely that the Mybitcoin perp found this info and there after made the decision to use 'Tom Williams' on his filings in Nevis... All creepy speculation without a lot more detective work than I can do in my 'spare' time, thats for sure.

Full Disclosure; I think SA smells like cheese bisctuis and has become full of newfags since I left their graces some 5-6 years ago...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
wolftaur

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 03:12:35 AM

p.s.s  He states also that they only paid .60c each for the 25k bitcoin to stash, to umm, not quite stashing several hundred thousand there as I saw some people had suggested.

BZZT.

Bitcoins may have cost 60 cents each when he bought them but they were north of 10 bucks each when they were "stolen." He has a rather sizable court judgment against him. The $15,000 that 25K bitcoin at 60 cents each would cost should have gone to the victims of Bruce's past fraud, not into an investment. The $250,000+ that 25K bitcoins were worth at the point Bruce supposedly lost control of them most certainly should have gone to the victims, especially since he was ordered by a judge to compensate them.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 03:22:21 AM

BZZT.

Bitcoins may have cost 60 cents each when he bought them but they were north of 10 bucks each when they were "stolen." He has a rather sizable court judgment against him. The $15,000 that 25K bitcoin at 60 cents each would cost should have gone to the victims of Bruce's past fraud, not into an investment. The $250,000+ that 25K bitcoins were worth at the point Bruce supposedly lost control of them most certainly should have gone to the victims, especially since he was ordered by a judge to compensate them.

Can't say that I can disagree with you. I am simply pointing out how much cash was spent into them acquiring their bitcoins as a lot of people seemed to be very confused about it.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
wolftaur

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 03:40:17 AM

Can't say that I can disagree with you. I am simply pointing out how much cash was spent into them acquiring their bitcoins as a lot of people seemed to be very confused about it.

I apologize for the tone of my response to you, then. I misconstrued the intent of what you had said on that line.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 09:31:16 AM

BZZT.

There's a paradox in there.

if "The $15,000 that 25K bitcoin at 60 cents each would cost should have gone to the victims of Bruce's past fraud, not into an investment" was true
then "The $250,000+ that 25K bitcoins were worth at the point Bruce supposedly lost control of them most certainly should have gone to the victims" would be impossible
wolftaur

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 05:31:24 PM

There's a paradox in there.

if "The $15,000 that 25K bitcoin at 60 cents each would cost should have gone to the victims of Bruce's past fraud, not into an investment" was true
then "The $250,000+ that 25K bitcoins were worth at the point Bruce supposedly lost control of them most certainly should have gone to the victims" would be impossible

Yeah, it's impossible, which is kind of the point.

Bruce ended up with more than $250K that he could have put towards his past mistakes if he was actually sorry about it as he tried claiming in another post. The fact he even HAD that $250K proved he isn't actually sorry, though, because the $15K he invested belonged to his victims. Instead, he invested it for himself.

Even if he wants to try the argument "Well, that $15K wouldn't have made a difference, it wasn't nearly enough, I did take way, way more than that from the victims" the fact he sat on $250K and didn't use that to pay the judgments down is pretty good evidence that he had decided "well, screw the victims. AGAIN!"

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: