Bitcoin Forum
August 31, 2024, 03:32:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie guide to ASIC vendors  (Read 7931 times)
LittleD

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:33:55 PM

Why do you insist on posting so many falsehoods about BFL?  BFL's 28nm is not "already 2 - 3 months late," it's less than a month "late" if you can even say that as we never guaranteed a timeframe.  On top of that, "no sign of silicon" is just completely false.

GG for posting FUD!

lol What! ," it's less than a month "late" but you "nerver guaranteed a timeframe" LOL come on dude!/

Guy's lets stick to the subject "Newbie guide to ASIC vendors"!

Thanks Grin

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Puppet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:03:16 PM

Why do you insist on posting so many falsehoods about BFL?  BFL's 28nm is not "already 2 - 3 months late," it's less than a month "late" if you can even say that as we never guaranteed a timeframe.  On top of that, "no sign of silicon" is just completely false.

GG for posting FUD!

You promised first shipment to your first monarch customers for october/november. Maybe you forgot with all the delays you announce, it must be hard to keep track. But we are mid january and you dont even have chips. Of course its possible you are on track with your internal schedule, but clearly not with the one you published.

As for no silicon in sight, I have not seen any, and neither have you. So eat that.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 10:11:06 PM

Can you point out where there was a promise?  No?  Oops, you are a liar!

I mean, god forbid you post true information... that would actually paint BFL in a kinder light.  No, it's better to post false information to keep the BFL hate going, no matter what the truth of the matter is.

Pathetic.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:22:04 PM

I mean, god forbid you post true information... that would actually paint BFL in a kinder light.  No, it's better to post false information to keep the BFL hate going, no matter what the truth of the matter is.

Pathetic.

Your attempts at avoiding the "late" issue are pathetic. BFL is months late. Again. And again. And again.

Buy & Hold
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:50:09 PM

Pathetic.

Your attempts at avoiding the "late" issue are pathetic. BFL is months late. Again. And again. And again.

Cash flow must be getting tight over at scam your customers central.

At least one ASIC vendor will go bankrupt holding investor customer money this year.  I'd feel terrible if it happened to as 'special' a guy as Josh.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 10:53:45 PM

Pathetic.

You are highly impatient sir.  I waited over 13 Months for my first BFL.  You should still have an expected wait of 7-10 months before they are actually "Late" Smiley

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:13:22 PM

You are highly impatient sir.  I waited over 13 Months for my first BFL.  You should still have an expected wait of 7-10 months before they are actually "Late" Smiley

LOL. Good one.

Well, since they're still a long ways from shipping any Monarchs, the 7 month delay is still quite possible.

Buy & Hold
LittleD

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:18:59 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 07:03:30 AM by LittleD

I mean, god forbid you post true information... that would actually paint BFL in a kinder light.  No, it's better to post false information to keep the BFL hate going, no matter what the truth of the matter is.

Pathetic.

Why do you insist on posting so many falsehoods about BFL?  BFL's 28nm is not "already 2 - 3 months late," it's less than a month "late" if you can even say that as we never guaranteed a timeframe.  On top of that, "no sign of silicon" is just completely false.

GG for posting FUD!

Guy's lets stick to the subject "Newbie guide to ASIC vendors"

I hope Puppet deletes some of are comments, this is a good thread for Newbie's. Don't let "Inaboba" stirrup you emotions with more lies :/

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
SirWizz

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:39:06 PM

That's normal in the biz...the hardware issue rate of 100% our guys are seeing with our KnC miners is not normal for the biz. The Bitmains have proven to be much less problematic for us.

You must have had either bad luck or bad luck. Some friends of mine had only one defective module out of the 7 Jupiters they ordered. Also, your (and my) sample size are too small to count as valid statistics, the only people that know the actual failure rate are the people working at KNC.
Puppet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:01:32 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 12:20:28 AM by Puppet

Ok, Ill bite. Here is what you posted in august of last year:

Middle/Late October
Chips are out of the fab and sent to the slice, bump and packaging facility
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information.html

When did this happen ?  Two days ago, January 13th:
Chips have arrived at the packaging facility!
https://twitter.com/BFL_Josh/status/422780954461999104

How exactly is that "less than a month" late? Thats almost 3 months late, just like I wrote, "2-3 months". So far.

From that same link:
We did not reach our goal of November delivery.

You didnt reach it in December either. And I bet you a pretty penny you will not reach it in January either. But you dare say with a straight face you are less than a month late?

baloo_kiev

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:56:18 AM

No, it's better to post false information to keep the BFL hate going, no matter what the truth of the matter is.

BFL hate will be going until you admit your fault, quit mining hardware business and feel ashamed at least a little bit. I mean you failed on your promises so many times, how even dare you to log in to this forum? BFL hate is not about missed deadlines anymore, it's more about the fact that YOU haven't learned any damn thing from it, not even simply watching your mouth!

P.S. On the topic: HashFast = BFL, no product delivery and refuse to refund customers as promised, 1.5 months after the deadline now.

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 12:59:25 AM

No, it's better to post false information to keep the BFL hate going, no matter what the truth of the matter is.

BFL hate will be going until you admit your fault, quit mining hardware business and feel ashamed at least a little bit. I mean you failed on your promises so many times, how even dare you to log in to this forum? BFL hate is not about missed deadlines anymore, it's more about the fact that YOU haven't learned any damn thing from it, not even simply watching your mouth!

Is it true that HashFast Hired BFL asic consulting services to assist with production and timelines on the BabyJet?  Or just a rumor?

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 01:00:47 AM

Ok, Ill bite. Here is what you posted in august of last year:

Middle/Late October
Chips are out of the fab and sent to the slice, bump and packaging facility
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information.html

When did this happen ?  Two days ago, January 13th:
Chips have arrived at the packaging facility!
https://twitter.com/BFL_Josh/status/422780954461999104

How exactly is that "less than a month" late? Thats almost 3 months late, just like I wrote, "2-3 months". So far.

From that same link:
We did not reach our goal of November delivery.

You didnt reach it in December either. And I bet you a pretty penny you will not reach it in January either. But you dare say with a straight face you are less than a month late?

Except you conveniently left out the part where it says it's an "estimate."  So again, please cite example where a promise was made... You chose the right picture, you are definitely a liar.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:03:06 AM

Is it true that HashFast Hired BFL asic consulting services to assist with production and timelines on the BabyJet?  Or just a rumor?

Nice joke. Yeah, it's time for them to hire Inaba.

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
SirWizz

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:06:54 AM

So I guess it's OK to take people's money and deliver whenever you feel like it as long as you say it was just an "estimate"?  Cheesy

Hey guys, SirWizz Asics just opened shop, 5TH/s for only US $5,000!!!!!!!! ETA is April 2014. That is with a capital E as in Estimated btw Wink.
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 01:13:14 AM

So I guess it's OK to take people's money and deliver whenever you feel like it as long as you say it was just an "estimate"?  Cheesy

Hey guys, SirWizz Asics just opened shop, 5TH/s for only US $5,000!!!!!!!! ETA is April 2014. That is with a capital E as in Estimated btw Wink.

That's nothing compared to the Unicron Hasher 50Thash Live Unicron Hasher for 10BTC.  Link in my signature.

Also yes.  So long as no one commits a hashfast and put guaranteed it is perfectly legal to set consumer expectations and then fail to meet them.

Name a company who did meet the expectation they set on pre-order hardware.  Without mis-informing people and acting like KnC wasn't 30+ days late.

SirWizz

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:35:16 AM

Name a company who did meet the expectation they set on pre-order hardware.  Without mis-informing people and acting like KnC wasn't 30+ days late.

As I mentioned before, as a first day customer of KNC I have received my order about 8 days late but with 30% more hashing power. I had plenty of people ahead of me (order 4xx) so others were probably even luckier.

So you're right I can't really point to any company that did meet the pre-order expectations because in my case, expectations were exceeded and I don't have experience with another company. Not saying that it is the same for everyone that ordered from KNC, some were luckier and some maybe worse off. I think overall though people were (are?) fairly pleased with KNC.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 02:29:39 AM

As I mentioned before, as a first day customer of KNC I have received my order about 8 days late but with 30% more hashing power. I had plenty of people ahead of me (order 4xx) so others were probably even luckier.

So you're right I can't really point to any company that did meet the pre-order expectations because in my case, expectations were exceeded and I don't have experience with another company. Not saying that it is the same for everyone that ordered from KNC, some were luckier and some maybe worse off. I think overall though people were (are?) fairly pleased with KNC.

Really?  8 days late?  You received your order last summer?  It was my understanding they shipped in October and promised shipping in summer... amazing that you were the only person to receive their unit sometime last summer while everyone else had to wait until October.  You must have quite an "in" over there in KnC land.

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:44:30 AM

Really?  8 days late?  You received your order last summer?  It was my understanding they shipped in October and promised shipping in summer... amazing that you were the only person to receive their unit sometime last summer while everyone else had to wait until October.  You must have quite an "in" over there in KnC land.

Yes, KnC was a several days late, but delivered extra hashrate. How much extra hashrate are Monarchs going to have that are will be several months late?

Buy & Hold
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:53:58 AM

If I order a Monarch now when will I get it?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: