Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:07:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taobao (China's version of Ebay) bans bitcoin mining hardware  (Read 9377 times)
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:10:14 PM

What a stupid FUD.  If ebay, an US company,  banned bitcoin miner trading, does it mean the US banned bitcoin miner?

Paypal bans bitcoin sales!!!  OMG!  US bans bitcoins!

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:02:41 PM

What a stupid FUD.  If ebay, an US company,  banned bitcoin miner trading, does it mean the US banned bitcoin miner?

Paypal bans bitcoin sales!!!  OMG!  US bans bitcoins!

Well it was the only place to buy BTCChina vouchers.. So now the voucher system seems pretty fucked up permanently, so if they ban Huobi deposits it's go time.
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:05:14 PM

If that is the case then a lot of Bitcoin Mining Producer within China will be closed down or relocate in another country.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:10:28 PM

Hey where is the panic sell-off with this news?

Don't tell me the bulls are going to be running all over China now?

Madness, complete madness!!!

Wink

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:29:57 PM

Hope they ban all mining equipment .... gpucoins, cpucoins, etc.....

The future for china

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:37:31 PM

It is truly a shame what lengths governments will go to in order to prevent adults from doing what they choose with their own money.  I completely understand passing guidelines and laws to prevent the sale or purchase of something that could do physical harm to another person, but preventing grown adults from being able to spend money on what they please is ludicrous to me...
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:50:47 PM

so the whole complete chinese ban on bitcoin to Jan 31st is well underway.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:10:38 PM

I knew this would happen, and it's much worse than OP could have imagined.  Not only is the PBOC banning all bitcoin mining, but they will be filtering bitcoin network traffic from China using the Great Firewall ----> See here for the official source confirming this horrific new information.

But, it gets worse.  Chinese officials at the PBOC have also confirmed via sources that US officials have entered into an agreement with China to lease their firewall technology so that the US government can filter out all bitcoin and all cryptocurrency traffic.  As I forsaw in 2011, this is literally the end of bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies through out the world.

The only thing left to do at this point is get all those coins out of cold storage, send them to the exchanges, and get out while you still can, before the price drops to fractions of a penny.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:21:02 PM

The first link you provided points to a Chinese banking page talking about payroll loans. Correct link, or am I missing something?

via google translate

"Salaried loan" products not only by individual employees can apply for or initiated by the unit employees, the Bank of China home for the relevant application procedures, provide convenient and efficient services to enterprises and employees of credit initiative.

First, the loan amount: 2-3 times the annual income of employees, in principle, more than $ 500,000. Wealth levels in line with the Bank of China customer standards, the loan amount can be increased accordingly.

Second, the loan period: usually one year, depending on the use of the loans extended to three years.

Third, the use of the loans: loans can be used for home improvement, car, education, health care and other legal compliance of all consumer spending, and not for the personal expenses of non-declared purpose prohibited by laws and regulations.

Fourth, use: recycling, as used with the mention.

V. guarantee: credit loans without collateral or guarantees. According to units and employees need to take the unit guarantees, mutual and other employees flexible and easy way of security, to maximize the loan amount.
pietje

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:22:34 PM

I knew this would happen, and it's much worse than OP could have imagined.  Not only is the PBOC banning all bitcoin mining, but they will be filtering bitcoin network traffic from China using the Great Firewall ----> See here for the official source confirming this horrific new information.

But, it gets worse.  Chinese officials at the PBOC have also confirmed via sources that US officials have entered into an agreement with China to lease their firewall technology so that the US government can filter out all bitcoin and all cryptocurrency traffic.  As I forsaw in 2011, this is literally the end of bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies through out the world.

The only thing left to do at this point is get all those coins out of cold storage, send them to the exchanges, and get out while you still can, before the price drops to fractions of a penny.

So, i guess you sold your coins and still waiting for the predicted crash who will not come?..
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:23:01 PM

Slow clap to proudhon once more!
darklight

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:24:04 PM

He is taking the piss
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:24:21 PM

I knew this would happen, and it's much worse than OP could have imagined.  Not only is the PBOC banning all bitcoin mining, but they will be filtering bitcoin network traffic from China using the Great Firewall ----> See here for the official source confirming this horrific new information.

But, it gets worse.  Chinese officials at the PBOC have also confirmed via sources that US officials have entered into an agreement with China to lease their firewall technology so that the US government can filter out all bitcoin and all cryptocurrency traffic.  As I forsaw in 2011, this is literally the end of bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies through out the world.

So, i guess you sold your coins and still waiting for the predicted crash who will not come?..

Absolutely!  With the now confirmed bad news I posted verified via the sources I linked to which you can easily just read yourself, cryptocurrencies are officially over and we will be entering a long slow slide to $0, except it will be fast.  No new highs will ever come from this point on.  Just check out the sources I linked to.  All confirmed.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:26:29 PM

aaaaand the second link points to another Chinese banking page that basically is a state of the market report.. no mention of btc or even technology, for that matter. basically talking about USD/GBP/GLD/SLV.

are you fucking with me, good sir?

edit: you are indeed fucking with me. and us. not cute.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:26:55 PM

It's a chinese company , NOT CHINA but still

I'm sooo enjoying this....
I've told people here a lot of times that China will not embrace bitcoin , I was called in so many ways and names ..
I warned people about the fake volume of exchangers , about how china is pegging it's currency and doesn't want a currency it can't manipulate

I tried to tell people that growth will be achieved with the western countries and not with some half starved chinese and indians....but nothing

So , it's bitcoin dead now that we don't have China backing it anymore ?
Or will China expire and break down  (like all their products they both design and produce) before Bitcoin ?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:33:02 PM

If nothing else China is serving as a useful experiment on what can happen when a government tries to clamp down, and there are few other governments as authoritarian and quick to act as China so it's happening almost in Bitcoin time.

It seemed like a no brainer that they weren't going to allow it to flourish. India? Meh. For now it's a Western led thing and will be for a good while yet.

undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 08:34:37 PM

Taobo is Nothing its just like a Ebay in china. China has a lot of private company who are selling Mining equip. so no need to worry, China is now one stable market (Just Fuck what government says) Government is not important for us. Chinese love bitcoin that is importand. China is going to effect no more in the market. The next big market will be HongKong and we all know that Chinese are trading in Hongkong market also so Chinese people already are in safe side of trading. Chinese government could stop Bitcoin in China but Not in Singapore and Hongkong where chinese could easily trade.

GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:35:41 PM

thank you.

however, unless a joke, those two false links (and the paragraph that encapsulates them) is a big ass fud sandwich.

HAha?..

maybe im to serious at times. no troll intended
~Green
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 08:36:12 PM

here is a screenshot

Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:04:38 PM

Taobo is Nothing its just like a Ebay in china. China has a lot of private company who are selling Mining equip. so no need to worry, China is now one stable market (Just Fuck what government says) Government is not important for us. Chinese love bitcoin that is importand. China is going to effect no more in the market. The next big market will be HongKong and we all know that Chinese are trading in Hongkong market also so Chinese people already are in safe side of trading. Chinese government could stop Bitcoin in China but Not in Singapore and Hongkong where chinese could easily trade.

That is a good point, you like pointed out.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: