Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:58:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232402 times)
TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:44:22 PM

I don't know if anyone saw this, but if you haven't, enjoy:

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/03/08/vertcoin-active-coin/

NICE! I was just thinking earlier on today: Hey, why is vertcoin price so low, why so few activity on forums and then I saw this! Made my day!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlaricI

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 07:15:43 PM

Hey guys, I'm mainly active on reddit and usually just lurk here, but I wanted to cross-post my fundraising campaign to become the first Vertcoin sponsored athlete. 

Official Vertcoin Market Campaign Page

Today, my campaign proposal become a Vertcoin sponsored runner has been approved! This is going to be an ongoing project with no limit towards the amount you can donate. VTC donated will go towards running apparel with the Vertcoin logo, website hosting, and whatever else you guys would like to use it for! I'm already signed up for the Berlin Marathon on September 28th, but if a race accepts VTC it would be great to use funds for registration fees! I plan on running several half-marathons and other races leading up to Berlin (possibly a large marathon in May as well) so I am working on getting this project up and running as quick as possible.

I just registered vertcoinathlete.com and will try to get a website up within the next week. The website will include a bio and blog of training. There will be videos and pics of my training in the mountains of Colorado. I own a Go Pro camera and I'm excited to use it more! Vertcoin and the Vertcoin community will be implemented in all that I do.

Lastly, I would like to extend this offer to other Vertcoin athletes and e-athletes as well. Eventually, if funding proves successful, I would like to create an environment for motivated athletes with big goals. My goal is to run in the Boston Marathon, which requires a 3:05 marathon time. I feel like I can get there in 2016. What is your goal? Basically, I want to create a Vertcoin community sponsored sports brand deal. Sponsoring a large range of athletes living in countries around the world will up definitely up our exposure.
I'm going to need your help in getting this thing started. Simply go to the Official Fundraising Page and donate what you can. Your contribution will go towards raising Vertcoin awareness, benefiting the community, and in the very near future, helping athletes achieve their dreams. The more I think about this project campaign, the quicker I realize that this isn't just for me. Let's build something greater.

If you have any questions or ideas for the future, please let me know!
OPTiK

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:26:21 PM

Hey guys, I'm mainly active on reddit and usually just lurk here, but I wanted to cross-post my fundraising campaign to become the first Vertcoin sponsored athlete.  

Today, my campaign proposal become a Vertcoin sponsored runner has been approved! This is going to be an ongoing project with no limit towards the amount you can donate. VTC donated will go towards running apparel with the Vertcoin logo, website hosting, and whatever else you guys would like to use it for! I'm already signed up for the Berlin Marathon on September 28th, but if a race accepts VTC it would be great to use funds for registration fees! I plan on running several half-marathons and other races leading up to Berlin (possibly a large marathon in May as well) so I am working on getting this project up and running as quick as possible.

I just registered vertcoinathlete.com and will try to get a website up within the next week. The website will include a bio and blog of training. There will be videos and pics of my training in the mountains of Colorado. I own a Go Pro camera and I'm excited to use it more! Vertcoin and the Vertcoin community will be implemented in all that I do.

Lastly, I would like to extend this offer to other Vertcoin athletes and e-athletes as well. Eventually, if funding proves successful, I would like to create an environment for motivated athletes with big goals. My goal is to run in the Boston Marathon, which requires a 3:05 marathon time. I feel like I can get there in 2016. What is your goal? Basically, I want to create a Vertcoin community sponsored sports brand deal. Sponsoring a large range of athletes living in countries around the world will up definitely up our exposure.
I'm going to need your help in getting this thing started. Simply go to the Official Fundraising Page and donate what you can. Your contribution will go towards raising Vertcoin awareness, benefiting the community, and in the very near future, helping athletes achieve their dreams. The more I think about this project campaign, the quicker I realize that this isn't just for me. Let's build something greater.

I saw this posted on reddit, but I think this is a great direction for VTC. Someone mentioned about sponsoring a League of Legends team in another reddit thread. If we start sponsoring athletes/e-gamers (starcraft?)/events/etc I think it would great way to spread the word. Imagine if a professional athlete was sponsored by VTC? In terms of really getting the word out there we need to use mainstream channels and this seems like a good start!

By the way, anyone watch "almost human"? It's based in the future and whenever they refer to money they say bitcoin. That's pretty awesome if you ask me.
TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:27:59 PM

Why is Vertcoin still not on mintpal? The Cryptsy delays are getting to much so I would like to move my business to mintpal...
AlaricI

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 07:40:51 PM

I saw this posted on reddit, but I think this is a great direction for VTC. Someone mentioned about sponsoring a League of Legends team in another reddit thread. If we start sponsoring athletes/e-gamers (starcraft?)/events/etc I think it would great way to spread the word. Imagine if a professional athlete was sponsored by VTC? In terms of really getting the word out there we need to use mainstream channels and this seems like a good start!

By the way, anyone watch "almost human"? It's based in the future and whenever they refer to money they say bitcoin. That's pretty awesome if you ask me.

I think that's an excellent idea as well.  A vibrant Vertcoin logo displayed on the shirts of both athletes or e-athletes will drum up curiosity!  As I said, I would love to spearhead/manage the sports direction of a Vertcoin branding. Show that it's more than just a cryptocurrency, but a community.  Working with race directors or tournament directors to accept Vertcoin for entry fees is something I want to do.

At a smaller level, I plan on starting with a simple runner's shirt to be sold and then branching out from there.  If we sponsor a pro-gamers team we could come up with a uniform design for them as well.  I may be getting ahead of myself, but I dream big!  I'm a strong believer that sports would take Vertcoin to the mainstream.  The Spartan branding before it plays perfectly into the competitiveness of racing/sports.
voephilis

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:24:59 PM

Why is Vertcoin still not on mintpal? The Cryptsy delays are getting to much so I would like to move my business to mintpal...

try vircurex!
ScroogeD

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

█ Scrooge D Silver █

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:27:02 PM

Coinwarz added Vertcoin.

BTC & LTC #DOGE #DRK #HUC #VTC
Blacklist #Maxcoin - Amateur Devs with ignorant JP Morgan Keiser
Hannilein

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:55:31 PM

I thought about the idea of implementing  VTC into sites which sell gold for World of Warcraft or other mmorpgs.

In my point of view this is the perfect use of an ASIC resistant coin.
Gamers usually got the right GPUs to mine coins anyways.
Being able to profit in their game by mining VTC while they are not playing would be very interesting for many people.
Since VTC is ASIC resistant and gamers continuously upgrade their gpus even on long term view VTC is the perfect crypto coin for that type of business.

Is anyone of the VTC community in touch with such a site? Who of the devs would be responsible for marketing VTC towards gold selling sites? How can I / we support in such a project?

To spread the idea I also posted it on reddit and vertcoinforum:
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/20618f/buy_mmropg_currency_and_ingame_items_with_vtc/
http://vertcoinforum.com/index.php?topic=202.new#new

Cheers
tolguen

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:10:17 PM

Yoohoohoo,

find today's web & communications report here: http://de.scribd.com/doc/212151844/Report-Vertcoin-20140312

Thanks for reading and tipping me:
VTC: VotAKLDKZDtFGcT5UAY1A3YjNNC8BLCfaz
BTC: 1EpUm3MoLgF7bFHqAXxJnCR4bQ174DQx86
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:40:30 AM

One of the longest running, most trusted VTC pools around

P2Pool (recommended) and traditional pool available for VTC

P2Pool: http://p2pool.vtcpool.co.uk:9171
Traditional MPOS pool: https://vtcpool.co.uk

P2Pool setup guide and FAQ

Why use p2pool?

• Mined coins are deposited directly in your wallet in the generation payment for the block,
    they are never held by a pool wallet and can't be lost due to failures or hacking/thefts
  • Even if the node you connect to fails, you don't lose the coins you mined - your shares are distributed on the network
  • Distributed (less vulnerable to DoS attacks, less chance of big pools having enough hashrate to be capable of a 51% attack)
  • Private (you are paid with coinbase transactions and your public key is never seen on the network until you spend the funds)

Feel free to use https://vtcpool.co.uk if you prefer a traditional pool. Especially, users with lower hashrates may find earnings
are better on the traditional pool. There is room for a mixture of pool types, but please help further strengthen the decentralisation
of Vertcoin by using p2pool if it works well for you.

To mine on p2pool, use your VTC address as username, and any password, so your command line should be like:

vertminer -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.vtcpool.co.uk:9171 -u Vw44xQPqgwbqZVpRzPoHe6M4jAGYceiZZP -p x

Please follow the advice in the P2Pool setup guide and FAQ about setting your minimum
share difficulty - this will prevent HW errors and stales and improve your mining income.

BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:42:56 AM

In my point of view this is the perfect use of an ASIC resistant coin.
Gamers usually got the right GPUs to mine coins anyways.
Being able to profit in their game by mining VTC while they are not playing would be very interesting for many people.
Since VTC is ASIC resistant and gamers continuously upgrade their gpus even on long term view VTC is the perfect crypto coin for that type of business.

Is anyone of the VTC community in touch with such a site? Who of the devs would be responsible for marketing VTC towards gold selling sites? How can I / we support in such a project?

This is a pretty cool idea - I like the connection between ASIC resistance and gamers, but I really know nothing about mmorpgs - I'll ask around within the dev group and see if we have anyone with experience/knowledge in that area, but I'd also obviously be pleased to hear from people in the thread who know the mmorpg market and would know where to start with this.
dasmith08

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:12:27 AM

So a friend in New Zealand is working on a project that I thought was pretty interesting and might make for something useful within the community. It's an open source project that is being crowd funded and they are supporters of crypto (BTC and DOGE only at this point, though I suggested they take VTC as well!).

It is essentially a means to organize the crowdsourced decision making processes throughout a large and diverse group of people. I was thinking it might be an incredibly useful tool for the devs to receive input from the Vertcoin community. It allows respondents to raise questions, concerns, and add their own ideas, all while setting a deadline on the input so the decisions do not get dragged out by endless discussion. It appears that it also allows for progress updates, etc., which I know people on the forums have been calling for.

Anyways, I'm in no way officially affiliated with the program and gain nothing from its acceptance or rejection, just saw something cool a friend was working on and thought it might be worth checking out when it's up and running.

https://www.loomio.org/
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:03:34 AM

vertminer support added to guiminer-scrypt

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150331.0

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:13:13 AM

ps reddit upvotes massively appreciated

http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/20aoxn/guiminerscrypt_with_vertminer_support_coming_now/

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
evan79

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:14:51 AM

Hi is Vertcoin multipool resistant?
JohnnyDaMitch

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:56:58 AM

Hi is Vertcoin multipool resistant?

Some would call the progressive N-factor multipool resistance, since right now there is really only the practical possibility of multipools for regular Scrypt.

The term is often used to refer to KGW or other methods that change the difficulty each block. I think a better description would be multipool tolerant. If difficulty changes too slow then multipools will cause the difficulty to be volatile. But yes, vertcoin has KGW.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:43:34 AM

Let's say an ASIC manufacturer decides to create an ASIC board with plenty of RAM so that n-factor is of no consequence if it is scaled upwards. He also ensures to have quite a lot of memory - at least double the memory that GPU carry for processing threads.

Then, the ASIC manufacturer enters the mining business and rapes the coin (to a smaller factor than SHA256 ASICs did, but still with a massive improvement over GPUs). How can this be mitigated? I mean if the coin adapts to much higher RAM demands then that will lock out the GPU users since GPU ram is pretty much fixed...

Am I missing something?
Clayce

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:47:02 AM

Just heard about this coin and have a couple quick questions (that have probably been asked a ton within 377 pages lol).  Grin

So GPU rigs can mine it, Are there any specific tweaks that need to be made in the settings before pointing to a VRT pool? Say your rig shows 1Mh on BAMT etc, will that hashrate be close to the same on most VRT pools?

Also on a VRT mining calculator, 1MH = ~6.244VRT (.012btc)/Day, which is obviously better than most multipools now. Let me know if this is close to accurate, appreciate the help!
ScroogeD

Activity: 70

█ Scrooge D Silver █

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:50:04 AM

Just heard about this coin and have a couple quick questions (that have probably been asked a ton within 377 pages lol).  Grin

So GPU rigs can mine it, Are there any specific tweaks that need to be made in the settings before pointing to a VRT pool? Say your rig shows 1Mh on BAMT etc, will that hashrate be close to the same on most VRT pools?

Also on a VRT mining calculator, 1MH = ~6.244VRT (.012btc)/Day, which is obviously better than most multipools now. Let me know if this is close to accurate, appreciate the help!

It's n-scrypt, so 1MH of scrypt is around 0.5MH for n-scrypt. Look at the mining guide 'how to mine' in the OP

BTC & LTC #DOGE #DRK #HUC #VTC
Blacklist #Maxcoin - Amateur Devs with ignorant JP Morgan Keiser
MichBjukenon

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:57:56 AM

This is great stuff,more of this sports/e-sports funding would be great for VTC marketing !
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: