Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:37:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Block orphans/day?  (Read 2353 times)
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:49:01 AM

You aren't giving anyone an advantage by letting them mine on your blocks because it's either your blocks or someone elses blocks they're going to be mining on.

Certainly they gain something.  By building upon your block rather than beside it the probability of their next block becoming an orphan is reduced.

Question: What does this obscure example of a network with terrible rules have to do with anything?

I don't know about you but I'm talking about Bitcoin with it's current rules.
t3a

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:20:22 AM

You aren't giving anyone an advantage by letting them mine on your blocks because it's either your blocks or someone elses blocks they're going to be mining on.

Certainly they gain something.  By building upon your block rather than beside it the probability of their next block becoming an orphan is reduced.

Question: What does this obscure example of a network with terrible rules have to do with anything?

I don't know about you but I'm talking about Bitcoin with it's current rules.

If there are 10 blocks per second they could easily be mining on someone elses block. They benefit you by mining on it.

You aren't talking about Bitcoins rules. If we were talking about bitcoins rules we would be talking about blocks that are propogated in 1/500th of the block generation time, not 10 times the block time.

Advertise here for 10btc/day
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: