Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:38:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: nanaimogold's opinion on homosexuality  (Read 3194 times)
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 02:31:10 PM

That's a lot of words to say you hate gays.  And who exactly do you think gets hurt in a consenting relationship between two adult men? 

And I'm not going anywhere near your pedo argument cause that's just creepy.  It's clear you just have vastly different views than the civilized world. 

Instead of resorting to name calling ("hate!", "creep!", "uncivilized!") why don't you try and articulate your views?  I don't say you "hate" Christians, Muslims and Jews because you hold views diametrically opposed to them.  I don't say you're a "creep" because you have an opinion on one variety of sexual behaviour that is contrary to what millions of people have believed over thousands of years.

If you have a rational argument that has a basis in something other than your own opinion, share it.  If all you're going to do is slag somebody, go work for MSNBC.
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2011, 06:18:29 PM

Let me see if I understand you correctly: you believe no minors want to have sex, but if they did want to have sex, their guardian should let them do so.

You don't understand me correctly. Save your sarcasm until you do.

As an adult, nobody looks back on their childhood and says "I wish I was molested", "I wish I had my clitoris chopped off" or "I wish I was married at 8 years old". Therefore, it's safe to say that, even if as a child they would agree to those things or even desperately want them, since they aren't fully rational, it's not right to allow them to do that. Parents are stewards of their children, not owners. We treat children as they would want to be treated if they were fully rational. So while no children may want to brush their teeth as a child or take piano lessons or whatever. Once they are adults and still have all their teeth and play piano bellissimo, they have a completely different outlook on that situation. They will thank you for forcing them to brush their teeth. Will they thank you for allowing them to be molested? Probably not.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 01:12:05 AM

Let me see if I understand you correctly: you believe no minors want to have sex, but if they did want to have sex, their guardian should let them do so.

You don't understand me correctly. Save your sarcasm until you do.

As an adult, nobody looks back on their childhood and says "I wish I had my clitoris chopped off" or "I wish I was married at 8 years old".

Really?  Are you sure nobody says this?  In any culture or time?  Aren't you being a little presumptuous?  What else do you assume nobody says?

I'm willing to bet that more adult women on the planet today have chosen female circumcision than have purchased something with bitcoin.

Don't assume everybody thinks like you, and don't assume that everybody wants your morality imposed on them.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 05:01:30 AM

Really?  Are you sure nobody says this?  In any culture or time?

No, I'm not sure of that.

It's also irrelevant. Because, unless you have a time machine and can go forward in time to find out, what right do you have to say, "Oh this is one of those children that will grow up and say they wanted to be molested."? If you have a time machine then by all means, molest away. Otherwise, perhaps we should play it safe, even if we *gasp* end up forcing our morals on someone.
Vasiliev

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:14:16 AM

Nanaimogold may not be the most polite poster when sharing his views, and it may not be good for his business (or maybe it is, what do you care?  Mind your own business).  But he does hold a position that is consistent with almost every non-declining society in history and almost every major world religion.  I realize that means nothing to you because you create your own morality and defer to no outside authority, but it at least means that within the scope of human history you are in the minority, so there is more onus on you to explain your innovative morality than on him to defend his.
What are these "non-declining societies" that feel that homosexuality is an abomination?

Also, are you saying that every society that declined was accepting of homosexuality?
Bimmerhead
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 09:06:40 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2011, 09:23:22 AM by Bimmerhead

Really?  Are you sure nobody says this?  In any culture or time?

No, I'm not sure of that.

It's also irrelevant. Because, unless you have a time machine and can go forward in time to find out, what right do you have to say, "Oh this is one of those children that will grow up and say they wanted to be molested."? If you have a time machine then by all means, molest away. Otherwise, perhaps we should play it safe, even if we *gasp* end up forcing our morals on someone.
Dude, YOU are the one who says something is ok as long as the person consents, not me.  Read the thread again.  I believe molestation is wrong in all times and all cultures, irregardless of the opinion of the participants, or of members of an Internet forum.

But it's pretty apparent your opinions are ad hoc, and you have no overriding guiding principles from which you draw you morality, which is why our discussion is going around in circles.

Over and out.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 01:43:51 PM

First you say...

Don't assume everybody thinks like you, and don't assume that everybody wants your morality imposed on them.

Then...

I believe molestation is wrong in all times and all cultures, irregardless [sic] of the opinion of the participants...

Make up your mind.

But it's pretty apparent your opinions are ad hoc, and you have no overriding guiding principles from which you draw you morality, which is why our discussion is going around in circles.

Attack the argument and not the man.

By the way, I think that "Whatever two adults consent to do to each other is their business and not mine." is a pretty good principle.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: